Aug 20, 2017 09:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Things Noticed In Korra  (Read 566565 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #5425 on: Jan 16, 2017 06:20 pm »

There is a village-like building complex under the temple itself, in the cliff Sokka and the Mechanist created when they blew up the mountain. It is definitely new (as: built after the events of ATLA), and I think it is safe to assume that the Mechanist's people are living there.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #5426 on: Jan 16, 2017 07:34 pm »

Yeah, I realized going back through my TLOK stuff I was basically trying to cram in as much continuity as I could into a show that showed the bare basics for continuity. Like the "important" stuff is all there, but not little things that show up in ATLA showing up later in Korra in a bigger way. Forget the Air Acolytes, the Air Walker's story was interesting! I wanted something that would bring the whole world together again. What I got was a show that "sort of" mentioned Sokka with other old characters showing up, alive... and even dissected its own running time into chunks.

Hell, looking over something for Izumi, I realized not having the Fire Nation show up with a big navy and army missed a huge opportunity to close the series as a whole. Sure, they could still get stomped (ha...haa) by the Colossus, but you'd have Aang's series ending with the Fire Nation fighting to attack, and in Korra's series end, it would have been fighting to defend. It would have been yin and yang. Instead we got dubstep, an Akira reference, a spirit portal for a very unspiritual city and insert redemptions here.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
longman83
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5427 on: Jan 26, 2017 09:41 am »

In retrospect the absence of the Air Walkers in The Original Airbenders is not surprising when even the Air Acolytes didn't get any screen time in that episode or a Book 3 that was apparently about their own nation's rebirth. LoK was more invested in benders. That said, the Foggy Swamp folk were also a no-show in Book 4.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #5428 on: Jan 28, 2017 09:45 am »

Yeah, I realized going back through my TLOK stuff I was basically trying to cram in as much continuity as I could into a show that showed the bare basics for continuity. Like the "important" stuff is all there, but not little things that show up in ATLA showing up later in Korra in a bigger way. Forget the Air Acolytes, the Air Walker's story was interesting! I wanted something that would bring the whole world together again. What I got was a show that "sort of" mentioned Sokka with other old characters showing up, alive... and even dissected its own running time into chunks.

Hell, looking over something for Izumi, I realized not having the Fire Nation show up with a big navy and army missed a huge opportunity to close the series as a whole. Sure, they could still get stomped (ha...haa) by the Colossus, but you'd have Aang's series ending with the Fire Nation fighting to attack, and in Korra's series end, it would have been fighting to defend. It would have been yin and yang. Instead we got dubstep, an Akira reference, a spirit portal for a very unspiritual city and insert redemptions here.

I dropped season 4 because it just gotten so dumb and the redemptions were unnecessary because they were undeserved. We barely see Mr. Sato, and most of the characters have developments pulled out of the creators' outer planets, again without earning or seeing the actual development. I find it hypocrisy they hated Airbender for using the same poor storytelling decisions, but this is precisely what Korra does. Nothing is earned or gained, and what should've been at least 7 seasons of 20 episodes of content is shoved haphazardly into 4 mediocre and so-so ones.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: