Sep 02, 2014 01:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're looking for where the live-action movie thread went, read this announcement.

ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Things Noticed In Korra  (Read 248653 times)
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #475 on: Nov 01, 2011 05:18 pm »

Typical teenage rebellion.

"What can I say? Beneath my cocksure exterior I have terribly low self-esteem."

"Yes, but beneath that low self-esteem you really do think you're better than everyone else."

"Fair point."
TF:MTMTE Annual 2012, by James Roberts
distantblue
Untethered

« Reply #476 on: Nov 03, 2011 04:57 pm »

So...I've read this whole thread and didn't see anything about this, and this isn't particularly important/special but I just noticed after watching the trailer for the hundredth time that Mako actually appears for a brief second (followed by another Equalist) with Korra when the music gets intense, when you first see Korra fighting an Equalist.

I'll have to find a better screenshot, because when I first saw it on the trailer I paused on a frame that showed a bit of Mako's face and his hand-glove-things that confirm that it's him. Again, not important, but I haven't seen any comments on it anywhere.

Also - this proves that Korra and Mako were fighting in the same place/same time AND that there were at least two Equalists present.

Oh and what do you guys think of that random guy that shows up like five times throughout the trailer? The one that got thrown through the window by Korra (dark hair, dark clothes, tall, red scarf, 'stache). My guess is that she was looking for Mako (for the pro-bending thing? I dunno), and assumed he was mustache man based off of a description (they have the same general look, IMO). Maybe she attracted a lot of attention from attacking him and his 'gang', which led to being attacked by Equalists and the real Mako showing up, therefore causing them to meet?

Actually this could also go with the theory that Mako and Bolin are looked down upon/given a hard time (due to their ethnicity/family/whatever) - if I'm somehow right and she thought mustache man was Mako (and was even looking for him), then it might mean that whoever described Mako to her may not have particularly liked him/had a good image of him, since mustache man seems to be a crook/gangster type of guy and Korra is pretty much abusing him in some fashion throughout the trailer lmao.

Yeahhh all of this is really overanalyzing everything, but hey. We've got a while to wait.

Icon from glass_slyph at livejournal

Korra Nation! I just want the Korra music, so please please please click♥ http://sot.ag/MzkzMDMz/
DynoMyte
Untethered

« Reply #477 on: Nov 04, 2011 12:26 am »

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forums but I am a regular on Avatar wikia (I have the same Username).

Anyways, did anyone notice the pattern of Korra's armband. Is the same as the patterns next to the new Logo?

HIPPO HAPPY TO BREED WITH BLIND BANDIT!

Ty Lee cleavage rules Cheesy
Mr Grieves
Board Moderator
Untethered

« Reply #478 on: Nov 04, 2011 01:04 am »

Huh. So it is.

Welcome to the forums by the way :p
Noirsam
Untethered

« Reply #479 on: Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm »

^^ Also

Also my 500 post

Sig made by Dorky.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Untethered

Av & Sig by tokkatokkatokka

« Reply #480 on: Nov 04, 2011 03:51 pm »

^ And how is that an interesting thing noticed in Korra? Don't post for the sake of getting your post count up.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings; Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit
Noirsam
Untethered

« Reply #481 on: Nov 04, 2011 04:05 pm »

^ Because Sokka new clothes has the same patterns as Korras tattoo or armband.

Also if you have Avatar The Lost Adventures turn to page 43 or 182 you will see that thing Sokkas has his boomerang in have the same pattern as Korras tattoo or armband.

Sig made by Dorky.
aa623
Untethered

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #482 on: Nov 04, 2011 04:13 pm »

It's probably just a common Water Tribe pattern. 

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
DynoMyte
Untethered

« Reply #483 on: Nov 04, 2011 10:05 pm »

For some reason, Korra's baby picture reminds me of something I would see in TLoZ Wind Waker.

DynoMyte
Untethered

« Reply #484 on: Nov 06, 2011 08:42 pm »

Sorry about the double post but i just realized.

Those lights in the back have to be flashes from cameras don't they?

DuskQ
Untethered

Piandao.org

« Reply #485 on: Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm »

^ nah they're too evenly spread out. They're probably lights for the arena, but photography definitely existed in the 20's so I can imagine some of that.

Yougo
Untethered

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #486 on: Nov 07, 2011 03:29 am »

Ooh cameras would be cool to have. You know, the large contraptions with the flash powder. Just the thing for the Mechanist to invent, and a great excuse for some mishaps involving burned hair Tongue

Maybe replace the flash powder with a firebender. Put Combustion Man's technique to some positive use Smiley

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
drhorrible61
Untethered

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #487 on: Nov 07, 2011 07:27 am »

I can see Korra first entering the city and getting immediately surrounded by reports and their new fangled "cameras."

Keeper of Suki and Foamy\'s awkward foam filled first date, Sokka and Zuko\'s friendship, Ikki\'s ability to incessantly talk, Jinora\'s love of reading, the Te
toontow87
Untethered

« Reply #488 on: Nov 07, 2011 10:05 pm »

Cameras? I wonder what camras in the avatar world look like anyhow. Oh maybe those lights that you see at a baseball Stadiums were invented. Hmmm, facinating.

drhorrible61
Untethered

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #489 on: Nov 10, 2011 05:45 pm »

Regarding the pattern thing up the page.  The pattern is on Katara's water holder thing.

Also I find it interesting that Korra doesn't seem to have any way to carry water around with her.

Keeper of Suki and Foamy\'s awkward foam filled first date, Sokka and Zuko\'s friendship, Ikki\'s ability to incessantly talk, Jinora\'s love of reading, the Te
Yougo
Untethered

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #490 on: Nov 10, 2011 05:53 pm »

I think we've established that that is a watertribe thing by now. What was so special about it again?

BTW, the way zuko is drawn there, combined with the upwards shoulder spikes makes me think it's Hahn in a Zuko-suit Tongue

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
azekeprofit
Untethered

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #491 on: Nov 12, 2011 08:20 am »

Those lights in the back have to be flashes from cameras don't they?
It's electrical lights.

They've been around in Avatarverse for quite a while:

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Helldars
Untethered

« Reply #492 on: Nov 12, 2011 03:31 pm »

^Couldn't they be gas lights ?

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
Lightningbend
Untethered

« Reply #493 on: Nov 12, 2011 05:39 pm »

I don't think gas lights would burn that brightly or shine that evenly

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #494 on: Nov 13, 2011 07:23 pm »

Obviously, they're those firefly lights the Mechanist was using.

'cept those are Fire Nation fireflies. Hotmen say that the lightning bug is the Fire Nation's national bird, they grow so big.

"Yes, but beneath that low self-esteem you really do think you're better than everyone else."

"Fair point."
Luna
Untethered

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #495 on: Nov 16, 2011 06:40 pm »

Obviously, they're those firefly lights the Mechanist was using.

'cept those are Fire Nation fireflies. Hotmen say that the lightning bug is the Fire Nation's national bird, they grow so big.

Since when did the Fire Nation turn into Wisconsin.
The mosquitoes there are huge. O_o

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #496 on: Nov 16, 2011 07:16 pm »

I actually stole that saying from when I lived in New Jersey. Any moist area, I think, would have that problem.

"Fair point."
Eman5805
Untethered

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #497 on: Nov 16, 2011 08:53 pm »

I actually stole that saying from when I lived in New Jersey. Any moist area, I think, would have that problem.

*raises hand*

Indeed. New Orleanian here. Bugs get bigger than they have any right to be around here...especially damn mosquitoes.

tophness
Untethered

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #498 on: Nov 17, 2011 04:07 pm »

Since when did the Fire Nation turn into Wisconsin.
The mosquitoes there are huge. O_o

Right you are, Luna. Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
fireFlake
Untethered

« Reply #499 on: Nov 25, 2011 08:31 pm »

in all of the flash backs that roku had, the scenery was the same as that around aang. so why the big jump in tech for korra? i hope it fits. i just think i might have gone to far. will it keep me from watchng? heck no!

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: