Dec 13, 2019 01:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Avatar Comics (Dark Horse) - Speculation  (Read 38792 times)
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #25 on: Jul 13, 2011 02:55 am »

I, being a romantic sucker, hopes there is at least some romance involved. Maybe like a Kataang first date at one point. Cheesy But I also really do hope they answer the question of Zuko's mom. And are Bryke writing these? Because I will only take Bryke's word for it on what happened to Ursa. ONLY. Tongue

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #26 on: Jul 13, 2011 07:22 am »

^They're probably not writing but I have a feeling they have final say, if they don't approve it's probably not going in there.  And they may be involved in storyboarding or something.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jul 13, 2011 07:26 am »

^^M&B said they are "working closely" with Dark Horse.  How close that is, no one knows.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jul 13, 2011 07:30 am »

Joss Whedon seems to have a great deal of control over Buffy comics so Dark Horse does have a precedent for this sort of thing.

Marieke
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jul 13, 2011 08:21 am »

I, being a romantic sucker, hopes there is at least some romance involved. Maybe like a Kataang first date at one point.

Have you read Limey400's Avatar fan comic on Deviantart? http://limey404.deviantart.com/gallery/9509910 It's about Aang and Katara's first date and in my opinion is very well done, it really looks and feels like an episode from the show. I wouldn't mind the new graphic novels being a bit like this.

I collected some of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 8 comics from Dark Horse, the creator Joss Whedon as well as a couple of writers from the show were heavily involved in them. The result was hit and miss. Some of the mini story arcs were OK and overall the dialogue was in character, but the plot really went off the deep end mid-way through and I eventually gave up on it. It didn't resemble the original show anymore, I think they tried to do too much.

I've got more faith in the Avatar comics. First of all, it's an animated series, so the adaptation to comic form is not as difficult, there are already set designs for the characters and the Avatar "world". (It's a shame Johane Matte, aka Rufftoon won't be working on the new graphic novels, she not only has the perfect art style but is quite good at writing too!) Secondly, these comics will be catered for children / young adults. That's not to say that it won't be entertaining reading for adults too, but I'm guessing it will be a mix of stories, sometimes there will be a mytharc, other times random adventures with the gang. I was pleasantly surprised with some of the work in the recently released Avatar: The Lost Adventures, there were some really nice little stories in there. I've got fingers crossed that the creators will come up with some good stuff. I'm just looking forward to seeing Team Avatar again!

Personally, I'd like to see the following:
1. Ursa's whereabouts (LOL, I think we all want to know that!)
2. Sokka and Katara going back to the South Pole to visit Gran-Gran
3. Toph being reunited with her parents
4. Continuation of the canon relationships, Kataang, Maiko, etc.
5. Aang and Zuko and their duties as Avatar and Firelord
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jul 13, 2011 08:30 am »

I would like to see Iroh at the Jasmine Dragon being like the center of talk and him helping out whoever he overhears talking about their problem.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #31 on: Jul 13, 2011 11:51 am »

I, being a romantic sucker, hopes there is at least some romance involved. Maybe like a Kataang first date at one point. Cheesy But I also really do hope they answer the question of Zuko's mom. And are Bryke writing these? Because I will only take Bryke's word for it on what happened to Ursa. ONLY. Tongue
I agree.  Personally I would love to see more o Sokka and Suki...and not just because I am fanboy, but it would a great opportunity to develope Suki's character.

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jul 13, 2011 12:00 pm »

I want to see what they do with Kataang.  Perhaps they can flesh it out a bit and make me like it.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2011 12:53 pm »

I, being a romantic sucker, hopes there is at least some romance involved. Maybe like a Kataang first date at one point.

Have you read Limey400's Avatar fan comic on Deviantart? http://limey404.deviantart.com/gallery/9509910 It's about Aang and Katara's first date and in my opinion is very well done, it really looks and feels like an episode from the show. I wouldn't mind the new graphic novels being a bit like this.

Yes, I have and I loved it. Cheesy I thought it looked so much like the show too. And that was exactly what came to mind when I said a "Kataang first date at one point."

I would also like so see more of Sukka as, even though it was probably what is considered the first real and/or official relationship in canon, we didn't get to see much of them. So I hope to see some Sukka shenanigans. I would also maybe like to see some Sokka/Toph bromance shenanigans. Though, if they add that, in addition to all the romance I want to see, it might as well be written by the fans, with all this fanservice. Tongue So, I will allow them to include whatever they want, as long as it's good. With some bits and pieces of romance Cheesy *romantic sucker*

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2011 01:00 pm »

I would like to see some Kyoshi Warriors with their new member.  Ty Lee really changed the way they work, what with the chi-blocking and all.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 01:05 pm by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2011 07:35 pm »

^ I would be interested in seeing how Ty Lee taught them chi blocking.
I would love to see them "bond" in prison, if they do flashbacks

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jul 15, 2011 10:17 pm »

I'm currently faceing the end of my dog's life.  She's so old and weak, it's only a matter of days.  She's litterally been with me for most of my life. A thought recently popped into my head. Does Aang have to deal with Appa's death? Appa, too, has been with Aang for most of his life.  And I would imagine that if both died of old age Aang would live longer, but really I have no idea how long a flying bison lives.  But if Aang did have to deal with Appa's death I think it would be something they should put in the graphic novels because it's something realistic that readers could identify with and will most likely have to deal with theirselves at somepoint in their life. That's the kind of stuff I want in the graphic novels, key points of their lives after the war.  I know I'm rambling, but it's hard to focus.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #37 on: Jul 15, 2011 10:37 pm »

Sorry about your dog.

Cows and bulls have an average lifespan (based on my Google search just now) of 20-30 years. I was surprised by that, as I would have expected such things to last awhile. Elephants live to 70, which I think Appa is more in line with given his size, but that's still less than humans live these days. (Of course, it's around what humans lived when we were first inventing steam power.)

So Dark Horse could probably play it either way- Appa lasts as long as Aang or longer, or Aang has to deal with Appa's death at some point.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jul 15, 2011 10:39 pm »

That sounds like a good story right there - even if it would be the saddest thing ever Sad

And I'm sorry to hear about your dog...
Discreet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Delightfully Devious

« Reply #39 on: Jul 17, 2011 04:48 am »

That is exactly the kind of thing to get me bawling.

On that note, sky bisons and airbenders are "bound for life" or something along those lines seeing as how they have ritualistic meeting when they're of similar age so I figure they'd live about the same length of time.
Marieke
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jul 17, 2011 06:33 am »

That is exactly the kind of thing to get me bawling.

My eyes are misting up just thinking about it! The relationship between Aang and Appa is so special, I can't even imagine one without the other. It would definitely be a great story to explore.
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Jul 17, 2011 11:28 am »

Dark Horse is so amazing for putting out all of these Avatar books.
I still need to buy the artbook and comic collection book, though. Undecided

wei is bae
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2011 08:57 pm »

Maybe a happier story could be Appa having babies.  M&B said they were thinking about doing this at the end of the series, but they never did. Now's their chance to bring that up if they wanted to make Appa a girl.

Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #43 on: Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm »

what a twist!

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Jul 20, 2011 06:20 am »

Maybe a happier story could be Appa having babies.  M&B said they were thinking about doing this at the end of the series, but they never did. Now's their chance to bring that up if they wanted to make Appa a girl.

Girl!Appa could die in child birth. Best of both worlds.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jul 20, 2011 06:28 am »

Maybe female sky bison don't need males to reproduce, that could be interesting.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Jul 20, 2011 06:30 am »

Maybe female sky bison don't need males to reproduce, that could be interesting.

Then what do the males do? Just THINK they're making themselves useful? Tongue
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jul 20, 2011 06:31 am »

^If Appa was female we'd have no proof there are males, maybe they're genderless even.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jul 20, 2011 06:49 am »

Are you telling me that Appa's gender was left ambiguous? :O It wasn't was it...?
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jul 20, 2011 07:04 am »

^Aang said he but it's not uncommon to refer to genderless things as he.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: