Oct 22, 2019 12:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Avatar Comics (Dark Horse) - Speculation  (Read 37598 times)
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #100 on: Feb 11, 2012 05:15 pm »

Yeah, but Liz cares about her friends and over the years has become at peace with herself. Azula only cares for herself and only sees other as cogs in her machinations, she wants people to worship and fear her, like Hecate. Mai may have had negligible development but it was shown that behind her stoicism she does care deep down.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2012 05:17 pm by High Elemental » Logged

ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #101 on: Feb 11, 2012 06:02 pm »

Hey, I didn't created those fanarts, but I think that the creator made the connection with the very powerful fire powers, scarred personality and family issues.
Still the Azula you describe is the one before her breakdown, we don't know if she changed after that, and I realized that I'm pretty off topic, my intervention goes better on the Azula & redemption topic!

Anyway, a comic where it's described what happened to Azula after her breakdown, aside the "locked in the asylum" thing, would be pretty neat and finally put a closure on this topic going since 2008!

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #102 on: Feb 14, 2012 09:56 am »

I know I would like to see at least one wedding in a future comic.
LadyKim
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it~

« Reply #103 on: Feb 14, 2012 05:49 pm »

^maybe they'll show it in Korra in flash backs:P

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #104 on: Feb 14, 2012 09:00 pm »

^I also want to see a wedding. I place bets on seeing the Kataang wedding, on the off chance we see one at all.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #105 on: Feb 15, 2012 02:09 am »

I kinda wish the Avatar comics were done by IDW so we could get a Beast Wars/Avatar crossover  or if they partnered on doing one. I just love those outrageous noncanonical one shots where they have things the show wouldn't have.

Besides my Azula idea, I feel an Avatar comic done by the artist of the prequel Zuko manga that retells the series in a fluid way would be neat.  Three Volumes for each with 3 books that include all the stories , especially if for a chapter they do a take on the first concept of the series as a scifi-tone or liek those strip comics they got at the every end of a manga.

If they ever went the manga route, I'd prefer them to do it like Katsuya Terada's Monkey King as the art is phenomenal and so unlike how manga is conventionally done.

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/10/10259.jpg

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #106 on: Feb 15, 2012 06:53 pm »

I kinda wish the Avatar comics were done by IDW so we could get a Beast Wars/Avatar crossover  or if they partnered on doing one. I just love those outrageous noncanonical one shots where they have things the show wouldn't have.

TF/Avengers wound up being rather underwhelming, as was their Infestation stuff. I don't think IDW really gets the spirit of these kinds of things.

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #107 on: Feb 15, 2012 07:55 pm »

TF/Avengers wound up being rather underwhelming, as was their Infestation stuff. I don't think IDW really gets the spirit of these kinds of things.
I agree. It was a huge waste of money as I've never read it again.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #108 on: Feb 20, 2012 02:47 am »

They should have a visual novel....with all of the Avatar girls....and a male protagonist...doesn't matter who....

There can be bad ends if you end up with say....Azula.

That's a bad end for you, maybe Cheesy

ditto!  Grin

They should have a visual novel....with all of the Avatar girls....and a male protagonist...doesn't matter who....

That'll be hilarious.

I've actually considered doing something along these lines with Ren'Py. Except with a choice for male or female protagonist and romance options for either sexuality.

I wrote a few screens before realizing how big the project would have to be and how totally unprepared I am.

Still, I'd like to revisit the idea someday...

Please…for the love of all that's holy....MAKE THIS GAME!

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #109 on: Feb 20, 2012 08:26 am »

That'll be hilarious.

Basically you want a Hentai? There might be plenty out in Japan you know?

VN =/= Hentai. Just saying.

If you didn't know that much then clearly you haven't played any good ones.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #110 on: Feb 20, 2012 03:17 pm »

That'll be hilarious.

What is this? This piques my curiosity.

Xagzan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #111 on: Feb 21, 2012 04:17 pm »

That'll be hilarious.

What is this? This piques my curiosity.

A visual novel (ビジュアルノベル) is an interactive fiction game featuring mostly static anime-style graphics, or occasionally live-action stills or video footage.

That's really about the gist of it. It's true they don't have to be hentai. The only ones I've heard of are the Fate/Stay Night ones, however (and those are in fact eroge).

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2012 02:31 pm »

Bryan posted something on his tumblr earlier about a woman who writes comics and how she'll be writing for avatar in the future. They also commented in an interview that there will be another batch of comics. So, I guess this means this woman will be writing it and not Gene Yang. Hoping for the best here. This could also be a huge plus or a huge minus...
We'll have to see...

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2012 02:33 pm »

Bryan posted something on his tumblr earlier about a woman who writes comics and how she'll be writing for avatar in the future.

The quote from Bryan:

Our exec Megan Casey shared Faith Erin Hicks’s hilarious and beautifully drawn comic about Avatar and Korra with Mike and me, and we love it. So I asked Faith if she could post it so I could reblog the heck out of it. Make sure you see it full-sized, either on her Tumblr or on Tor.com, where the comic was originally posted. Follow her blog and check out her great work on her website!

Where in that quote does he say that she'll be writing for Avatar in the future? Not that this would be a bad thing, but I don't see anything in there that even implies that.

Then if she does write the next batch of Avatar comics, some people will pile on her too just like they're doing on Gene.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012 02:35 pm »

Doesn't the comic that Faith Erin Hick drew say that she is or something? I may have misinterpreted it.

OH, I see now. It says "tor.com would like you to do a comic about Avatar:The Last Airbender and its follow up series The Legend of Korra."

They meant the comic that she drew, not a whole series, my bad. XD
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 02:40 pm by PokemonLotty » Logged

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012 02:38 pm »

Doesn't the comic that Faith Erin Hick drew say that she is or something? I may have misinterpreted it.

It say that she draw it because Tor.com pay her to do that.

Sig made by Dorky.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012 02:41 pm »

Yeah, I see now. They paid her to do that comic^ you posted above, not a whole series. My bad. XP

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2012 11:51 am »

When are we going to get our finding Ursa story? Which might even be tie into a Azula redemption story? They know we want to know, they even mention it in Legend of Korra. Though it really deserves to be done in a animated movie. Though they really put a lot of pressure on themselves when Katara said "it was an incredable tale", they have to deliver a great story behind that.

BTW, it is only a mater before they start doing Legend Of Korra comics. I predict they will be comics after the first season, and tell us in between season stories.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012 08:30 pm »

^ I'd love to see a 'finding Ursa' story.

And an 'Iroh goes to the spirit world' story, and a Yakone story. So many things that could still be expanded.

Plus some new stories wouldn't hurt either.

ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2012 04:15 pm »

^ The "Iroh in the Spirit World" would be too depressing to figure in a kids comics, besides I think that it's best to let it shrouded in mystery. Yakone's story will probably be addressed in Korra.

Aside of the obvious "Finding Ursa" that we ALL want, why not a "Freedom Fighter" story, about how the group was founded and which fleshed out the less knows FF, like Sneers. Or better yet, a story which explain what happened to Long Feng!

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2012 02:04 am »

You know what, call me geek if you want, but I want weekly comic series centered around the characters - similiar to the way Marvel and DC do with their superheroes.

Comics about Zuko, Toph, Aang, Katara, Sokka, Azula, Suki, a comic about Ozai and Ursa backstory, a comic about Iroh's past, crossover events and overall just continuing the world outside the animated series.

Just a chronological stories following everyone from the end of the series to the end of their life.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012 05:11 pm »

You know what, call me geek if you want, but I want weekly comic series centered around the characters - similiar to the way Marvel and DC do with their superheroes.

Comics about Zuko, Toph, Aang, Katara, Sokka, Azula, Suki, a comic about Ozai and Ursa backstory, a comic about Iroh's past, crossover events and overall just continuing the world outside the animated series.

Just a chronological stories following everyone from the end of the series to the end of their life.

As long as they are collected, I'm in on this idea. Get Rufftoon and a few other writers/artists onto the crew and I'd do it.

I'm not much of an issue person as I don't have a car, the closest book store being a Barnes, and I rarely ever go to a comic book store for anything when I can get it online. Subscriptions aren't doable as I don't have a credit card (unless they accept prepaid gift cards) , and the room I have isn't exactly enought ot keep up a yearly line. I'd rather if they went digital as well as physical because that kind of subscription would be great.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #122 on: Jan 03, 2013 02:09 pm »

The hardcover edition will have extra materials.

Like concept art and commentary.

So I think it is safe to say that "The Search" will get a similar deal

Sig made by Dorky.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: