May 26, 2017 12:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Avatar Comics (Dark Horse) - Speculation  (Read 24203 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Jul 10, 2011 09:33 am »

Since the "Dark Horse and Nickelodeon Releasing New ATLA Comics!" thread was getting a bit long, it's been decided to rename that one to "The Lost Adventures" and have a separate thread for discussion of the upcoming post-season 3 graphic novels, which will come out next year.

The website that made the announcement:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/02/avatar-the-last-airbender-from-dark-horse-and-nickelodeon/

And here's the relevant part for this thread:

Additionally, Dark Horse will create all-new Airbender stories that will be published as digest-style original graphic novels—conveniently sized paperback collections—in early 2012. Picking up where the season three finale left off, this new series will follow the further adventures of Aang and his friends, as they help to rebuild a world torn apart by 100 years of war.

Update:
And since all parts of The Promise have now gotten their own threads as well, this place will be reserved for new comic book series that might still come out in the future.

Indication that we can expect more:
So yeah, I’ve been working with Gene pretty closely on the first three books, and then we’re actually just starting to come up with ideas for the next batch of stories. But it’s been a great collaboration, and it’s nice to be able to tell some more stories in that fold, with the old characters, without having to do the entire animation part of it.

(Remember, this thread is for content discussion and speculation only. Questions on release dates and how to buy the books go in the Marketplace: A:TLA Graphic Novels [Dark Horse Comics].)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012 01:44 am by NeeNee » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2011 10:20 am »

I hope it is released before The Legend of Korra.

Sig made by Dorky.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2011 10:50 am »

I wonder if we will see any comics about Legend of Korra. Have they specified in which time it would be?

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2011 11:00 am »

^ no, just that it is picking up where the season three finale left off.

Sig made by Dorky.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2011 11:02 am »

This makes me excited and nervous. I'm excited to see new material and learn what's happened. But at the same time I'm nervous as to what's happened and I really hope that I will like everything that happens especially concerning the characters. I also wonder the time frames the stories will take place in. How old the characters will be, like will it be closer to the end of ATLA or the birth of Korra or maybe spread out through the entire time frame? Idk but there are so many questions that need answering and I just hope I'm happy with all the answers that we'll get. But either way I can't wait.

Early 2012? That's not bad. Maybe that's why for The Lost Adventures the release date was changed to January, like they were confused by the second one.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2011 11:26 am »

Now THESE are the comics I'm excited for.  Can't wait to see what comes up Grin

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2011 11:37 am »

I have a feeling that if they're more plot driven that they're going to end on a downer.

toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2011 12:04 pm »

^ You never know. Im looking forward to it. I want to see Aang and Zuko rebuild the world.  Smiley

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2011 02:14 pm »

I think these open the door to all sorts of things, like a mini-series about Iroh or something during and/or before the war.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2011 03:18 pm »

I wonder if we will see any comics about Legend of Korra. Have they specified in which time it would be?

Well, considering that the exact quote is "Picking up where the season three finale left off, this new series will follow the further adventures of Aang and his friends..." I'm thinking it's set sometime between the fall of Ozai and the death of Aang. Wink

somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2011 03:44 pm »

PleasehaveAzulapleasehaveAzulapleasehaveAzulapleasehaveAzula PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEe Bryke, PLEASE!

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2011 04:09 pm »

I hope we'll finally see Zuko find his mom.  That one is a gimme as far as what could possibly happen in the graphic novels.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2011 08:21 pm »

I have mixed feelings because I am not a very big fan of comics at all.
I would have preferred a few hour long features.

If the art is nice in these, I might buy and enjoy them.

Sometimes comic tie ins have horrible art, which is what worries me.
A good example is the Young Justice comic.

Yikes.

Get Patrick Spaziante back for these comics (or someone better) and I will take it.

wei is bae
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2011 06:55 pm »

And sometimes it's good art.

Particularly with Dark Horse.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2011 07:17 pm »

^I'm intrested, but I can't see your picture in particular, Loopy.

Edit: I just pasted the link into the address bar.  Really impressive art. But would they really put that much effort into drawing the AGNs? If so I would be really impressed.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011 07:20 pm by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2011 07:40 pm »

AGNs

I sat here for like two minutes wondering why Dark Horse Comics would be drawing active galactic nuclei...

And then it hit me. Avatar Graphic Novels. AGNs. Duh...

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2011 07:43 pm »

^Yeah. I was too lazy to write it out. Grin

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2011 09:28 pm »

^I'm intrested, but I can't see your picture in particular, Loopy.

Edit: I just pasted the link into the address bar.  Really impressive art. But would they really put that much effort into drawing the AGNs? If so I would be really impressed.

Granted, Jan Duursema is a top talent, but Dark Horse has access to good artists, if they think ATLA merits them.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2011 09:32 pm »

I have mixed feelings because I am not a very big fan of comics at all.
I would have preferred a few hour long features.

If the art is nice in these, I might buy and enjoy them.

Sometimes comic tie ins have horrible art, which is what worries me.
A good example is the Young Justice comic.

Yikes.

Get Patrick Spaziante back for these comics (or someone better) and I will take it.
Uh, Young Justice was a comic long before it was a mediocre cartoon.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they're canon and more serious.

Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #19 on: Jul 11, 2011 10:00 pm »

I would be so glad if Patrick Spaziante did the novels.
I wouldnt mind any other good person too, but Spaz did the covers of most of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books when I was a kid, and he's a pretty amazing artist when it comes to Avatar too!

As well as Zuko's mom, I hope we learn more about Smellerbee and Longshot and their whereabouts.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 11, 2011 10:29 pm »

Uh, Young Justice was a comic long before it was a mediocre cartoon.
I know.
That image was from the tie-in Young Justice comic, not the original one.
And the cartoon is great. I don't even.

wei is bae
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 12, 2011 08:31 pm »

congratulations! this thread's topic was moved to the World of Avatar! you can speculate to your heart's content while you wait for their release Smiley From this moment on, use The Merchandise board only for information regarding purchasing, special offers/issues, locations offered, toys, etc. have fun!

Discreet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Delightfully Devious

« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2011 09:35 pm »

As much as I would love finding out more about the Gaang, Ursa, Azula's fate and whatever else they can come up with, I would really prefer it to be in animated form than a comic. I enjoy comics as much as the average joe (not very much, but I pick up on a few), but the reason I got into AtLA was for the spectacular work done as an animated TV show. I'm sure the Avatar staff could make a compelling story in a comic, but I just don't think it'd be as enjoyable.

Young Justice is a horrible show cause all of the characters are absolutely loathsome people who I would hate to be around at any time of my life.
SilverSandwich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 13, 2011 12:33 am »

I would be so glad if Patrick Spaziante did the novels.
I wouldnt mind any other good person too, but Spaz did the covers of most of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books when I was a kid, and he's a pretty amazing artist when it comes to Avatar too!

As well as Zuko's mom, I hope we learn more about Smellerbee and Longshot and their whereabouts.

Indeed; back in 7th grade when I was subscribed to the Sonic comics, seeing a Spaz drawn cover waiting for me in my mailbox was always a great rush.

And while we'd all rather see this happen as an animated series, that all simply boils down to money. Comics are just cheaper, and a nice part is that they could make just about as many of them as they like, so long as we lap them up. With an actual series, money, especially for a series as grand as Avatar, gets in the way.
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 13, 2011 12:36 am »

As much as I would love finding out more about the Gaang, Ursa, Azula's fate and whatever else they can come up with, I would really prefer it to be in animated form than a comic. I enjoy comics as much as the average joe (not very much, but I pick up on a few), but the reason I got into AtLA was for the spectacular work done as an animated TV show. I'm sure the Avatar staff could make a compelling story in a comic, but I just don't think it'd be as enjoyable.

i completely agree with you on this

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: