Sep 25, 2017 04:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 35 (21.3%)
9 - 20 (12.2%)
8 - 38 (23.2%)
7 - 38 (23.2%)
6 - 14 (8.5%)
5 - 10 (6.1%)
4 - 4 (2.4%)
3 - 1 (0.6%)
2 - 1 (0.6%)
1 - 3 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 160

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [117] The Northern Air Temple  (Read 13439 times)
ShadowKing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2007 02:09 pm »

At least we know the balloons will be in season 3.
Provolone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2007 05:20 pm »

oh my gosh someone rated this 10  Lips sealed Lips sealed
Chaeosflame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Oct 07, 2007 12:13 pm »

Posted this in the wrong board, but here is my question

I was wondering how The Mechanist opened the Sanctuary door to hide the cache of fire nation weapons, seeing as only an airbender can open the door.

Forever in shadow,
Lost in the light,
Nothing can save us,
From the depths of the night.
ccoa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2007 12:27 pm »

My guess would be he either used technology to simulate airbending, like Sokka tried in the Fire Temple, or else he blew a hole in one of the walls from the far side.

Journeys
C&C Welcome
MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 2007 08:06 pm »

it stinks that the war baloon is gunna be used by the FN in one of the final battles.
but they are really just a big target to hit. once they cut them, thats it. those soldiers are dead.
its not like a really plane that can avoid attacks.

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
xxboomerAANGsquadxx
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

<3

« Reply #30 on: Oct 15, 2007 08:46 pm »

Did anyone else notice that Teo's father was designing the fire nation's drill?

See?? ^_^

^Props to ShootingStar for the AMAZING sig!
Fanfic - Final Chapter Up! | Vid | Graphics
SomeRandomGuy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Wii Number: 0804-5699-2890-0173

« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2007 09:14 pm »

Did anyone else notice that Teo's father was designing the fire nation's drill?

See?? ^_^

I never noticed that. Very good find

Thanks to GEORGiE for sig and avatar
Keeper of: Appas commanding growl, Sokka's "Appa's in charge", The dragonflies in Ba Sing Se's zoo, Hue's "Pants are an illusion and so is death"
jpl1776
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2007 09:02 pm »

In episode 306 sozin says he destroyed the temples. in this episode when the inventor showed up the place was empty!!!  he took over then the firenation showed up and he beged them not to burn it down. this is when he started working for the FN. could them monks and the people left before they got their?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #33 on: Apr 12, 2008 06:09 pm »

Teo wasn't intoduced to well in this episode. Oh well....but ya know what? Teo is really cool. I think it was good seeing a new character and see people are around the Northern Air Temple and poking around.  Grin very cool.

Also the foreshadowing of "The Drill" was something NO ONE EVER saw coming. NO ONE! That foreshadowing bit is what defintly made the episode for me.

One of the reasons I began to watch Avatar in 2005 was becasue of the air balloon foreshadowing. I watched this episode the first day it aired in 2005. I spotted that foreshadowing and was very excited. This episode really got me into Avatar because of the foreshadowing, so I waited for all of season 2 reminding myself about that episode. Thanks foreshadowing!  Grin

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
AangGang1192
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Apr 12, 2008 10:37 pm »

This episode isn't one of my favorites. The ending is pretty interesting when they take on the FN, but other than that, this episode wasn't the best. Teo is okay, he's not a bad character. I just thought this episode was slightly boring compared to most others. Still a good one though.
azulozai0812
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Apr 27, 2008 12:08 am »

Rated this 6/10. I like the action and fighting in the end. And Teo was great, he easily interacted with the Gaang.
cartoonartist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

God. He. Is. Adorable!

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008 03:35 am »

I like the action and fighting in the end. And Teo was great, he easily interacted with the Gaang.
Teo is really cool. I think it was good seeing a new character and see people are around the Northern Air Temple and poking around.  Grin very cool.

I agree 100% , Teo is really cool.

~cartoonartist~

Please check out my FF.net profile.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1482817/cartoonartist

And please review! ( Teo you rock!)
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008 12:42 am »

This episode was okay, but not really great. I mean, the only thing anyone could get from this was the major foreshadowing moments. I do, however, like Teo. He's awesome! Grin Anyways, this is one of those episodes I wouldn't watch again unless I was desperate for an Avatar fix, and this is the only there.

Rating-7/10
cartoonartist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

God. He. Is. Adorable!

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008 05:07 am »

This episode was okay, but not really great. I mean, the only thing anyone could get from this was the major foreshadowing moments. I do, however, like Teo. He's awesome! Grin Anyways, this is one of those episodes I wouldn't watch again unless I was desperate for an Avatar fix, and this is the only there.

Rating-7/10

I agree with you one hundred percent.

~cartoonartist~

Please check out my FF.net profile.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1482817/cartoonartist

And please review! ( Teo you rock!)
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Sep 12, 2008 10:05 am »

Gave it an 8.  Aang just keeps getting devastated about his past and his old friends.  There's nothing much left of his people or culture.  That must be very hard to deal with.

Fire Nation rears its ugly head again but they got owned.  Sokka is idea guy again. Grin  I love when he comes up with great stuff.  He really is a smart guy.

Liked the flying scene at the beginning too.  Cool invention.
Zutarafan115
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2008 10:08 am »

I always wondered how the mechanist guy got into the airtemple chamer you know with the door that can only be opened by airbenders?? Huh
Teo is kinda cute Cheesy

Thank you shootingstar for the Sig and Icon <3
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2008 07:59 pm »

I just rewatched this episode and have a greater appreciation for it.  I really enjoy Teo and the mechanist.  The whole battle scene was awesome.  And Sokka just rocks.  He is the man...for amazing ideas.
Piandao
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2008 01:04 pm »

I'm give a 7 for this ep because the mechanist destroye the rest of temple
at the first time I hate the mechanist but later I forget what he did
poor Teo but he can fly
i like the battle sciene its great
and at the end what the Fire nation general said, I like it too
Robotech_Master
No Post Report
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

5477383 robomastr robotech_master_2000
« Reply #43 on: Apr 06, 2009 07:19 am »

I expect that the Mechanist got into the room by knocking a hole in one of the other walls. The unopenable door had been largely left alone (save for perhaps the Mechanist putting an alarm on it in case it ever was opened).

I think a lot of people underrate this episode. There's a lot of stuff to like here. The first introduction of the Fire Nation's flippy-tanks, for one thing. The addition of steampunk elements to the show in general, in fact. Sokka gets several chances to be smart, helping move his characterization further away from the Annoying Whiner archetype that he started out with. And Rene Auberjonois is a marvelous voice actor.

Aang's final realization, comparing the people and the temple to a hermit crab, is not far off the mark at all. In fact, it's very Air Nomad—Aang moves beyond his attachment to material things. The Guru would approve.
ld80061
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Apr 20, 2009 08:51 am »

I wanted to give this episode a 6, but had to bump it up to seven. 
Mainly because the uncaring destruction of the temple (something that really angers me) is a good reflection of reality,
and I couldn't punish the episode for just telling it the way it is.

The 'Air Walkers' are a interesting model of a tiny, yet significant ally (*cough*) of a powerful world-spanning empire. 
And astonishingly, they are not depicted as evil, just cowed by superior power - and they do stand up for liberty in the end... 

And Aang's right about the hermit crab.  Life really does go on, even after the end of the world,
and the living have more rights than the dead. 

(I'm STILL angry about the wanton desecration, though.)

Contrasting quotes:

Sokka: "As long as we've got the sky, we've got the Fire Nation on the run."
War Minister Ching: "This defeat is the gateway to many victories."

Not just because of flight, but because of three bombs, too.

Incidentally, Fire Nation would be absolutely *fearsome* if it was a real nation.
All that energy, innovation, ruthlessness... woah. 
It's one of the most impressive fictional nations I have ever seen - up there
with Tolkien's Rohan and Orwell's Oceania, and far better than the two-dimensional sci-fi
nations like Lucas' Galactic Republic/Empire or Star Trek's United Federation of Planets.

A good Political Science thesis could be built around a study of Avatar. 
The bending messes up direct military applications -- but if some astonishing matter-manipulation technology
pops up in the next few centuries... hmmm...

I can't believe that I'm talking about an American cartoon, with a target demographic of 6 to 8 years of age. 
There should be some symbol for taking Avatar Wayyyy To Seriously.....
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2009 08:59 am by ld80061 » Logged
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2009 10:02 pm »

I agree with you on so many points. The desecration and blatent disrespect for the air temple really bothered me too. i mean show a little reverence for a lost civilization will you!!!! I also agree that the Fire nation is one of the best fictional empires. The whole show has so much depth, the avatarverse is really well developed as a world. The indevidual nations, and their interactions are well done. Especialy compared to many other fantasy worlds. I always get the chills at the end of this episode though. ugh I hate that the fire nation gets all that useful technology from the mechanist. *shudders*

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Sokka_Gurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love Sokka!!!!

« Reply #46 on: Jun 24, 2009 04:49 pm »

We also see the second Air Temple the group encounters on their journey. This one is distinct among the Air Temples in that it is currently housing a community. They have taken a bit of license with the decor, but they have a spirit that even Aang cannot deny.

I love how we are introduced to this place. The story at the camp by the traveling tale teller is an angle that both adds mystique to the place before we arrive and keeps the viewer in touch with the culture and ways of the Earth Kingdom people.

The mechanist was a type that we have not seen in the story to date. He's a craftsman and a visionary. He and Sokka basically helped create manageable flight for people. They invented a method of detecting Natural Gas leaks. Brilliant is almost an insult to this guy

system4000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dragon Dance

« Reply #47 on: Jun 24, 2009 07:19 pm »

Nice episode. But like someone said above the disrespect was kind of not expected. But we must remember that these are refugees that were running from the Fire nation. They stumbled upon the Northern temple and decided to live there.

I did not expect the Northern Temple to be on the Northern edge of the Earth Kingdom. I expected it to be on an island like the other temples.

When it comes to colonies we all know the Fire nation has colonies in the Northwestern part of the Earth Kingdom. I found out that the Earth kingdom lost some provinces called "Hu Xin" to the  Firenation. I think Hu Xin could be the Northwestern part of the Earth Kingdom which is under Fire nation control. The Fire nation town in the episode "The Deserter" should be located there.

So when the Fire nation attacks the Northern Temple they should be coming from Hu Xin. Seems the Fire nation does not want to keep troops in that mountainous areas around the Northern temple.

This from Wiki:

The Hu Xin Provinces are a series of provinces located somewhere in the Earth Kingdom.

It is unknown where these provinces are located or their value to the Fire Nation. All that is known is that in his military career prior to his rule as Fire Lord, Fire Lord Azulon conquered these provinces for his country, proving a great victory for the Fire Nation in the War.

Twilight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jul 10, 2009 10:37 am »

i saw this episode recently, the moral lesson is downright terrible...
"It's ok to destroy and pollute the past because you're more important than a bunch of dead people, kids!"

a hermit crab doesn't mess up a previous home before it makes it it's own. what the mechanist did to the Northern Air Temple is downright loathesome. how the hell did they get there in the first place? they don't have a flying bison or a dragon. plot hole.

Aang should have down that air-b****-slap to the mechanist. all of his people are dead and they were destroying what was left of them. dishonorable.

and the award for worst username in retrospect goes to...
Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Sep 13, 2010 01:30 pm »

I loved this episode, its message is excellent. It is okay to tear down old dumb monuments in favour of human lives, despite anything James Cameron would say.
I also liked the Steampunk elements and designs, one of more creative episode of avatar I have seen. I cringed when Aang tried to best that disabled boy, at least the latter had good humour about it.
 The war minister, is a much better villain than Zhao, I now know that Zuko isnt a real villain; which makes sense.

Carpe diem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: