Nov 22, 2017 12:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 35 (21.3%)
9 - 20 (12.2%)
8 - 38 (23.2%)
7 - 38 (23.2%)
6 - 14 (8.5%)
5 - 10 (6.1%)
4 - 4 (2.4%)
3 - 1 (0.6%)
2 - 1 (0.6%)
1 - 3 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 160

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [117] The Northern Air Temple  (Read 13678 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Feb 11, 2006 10:06 am »

Official Description: After hearing rumors about surviving Airbenders, the kids journey to the Northern Air Temple to see for themselves. What they find there could spell disaster for all enemies of the Fire Nation.
Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2006 02:38 pm »

This episode was kinda sad. Kinda sad for Aang, because everything he k new about the northern air temple had been destroyed. Sad

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2006 03:36 pm »

Aang was pissed off big time.

xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

PROUD Keeper of Kataang, and the Soldier Boy Song

arman12 sharpiesrawesome42
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2006 11:02 am »

Plus the Northern Air Temple had the history of his people, and that was gone, completley gone. I would be pretty pissed off if that happened to my culture.

Leaves from the vine, falling so slow.
Like fragile, tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home.
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.
R.I.P. Mako
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2006 12:53 pm »

In all honesty I would have gone Avatar State and killed them all. But thats just me. I kinda expected Aang to be a bit madder than he was. Even after the inventors story.

Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2006 05:10 am »

0_o You're scary. lol

But I thought the way Aang reacted was just right.  Going into the avatar state would have been way overkill.
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2006 07:39 pm »

Ha Ha screw that overkill is my purogitive.(sp?)

peppertree
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Orange-kun

akatsuki.evil@hotmail.com
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2006 07:14 pm »

I think the War Balloon will be introduced later in the series.
Then the Fire nation will be very powerful. They will have a navy and an air force.

Whoever made my icons is creative & brilliant.
Jeremiah Gottwald got baked by Kallen... Baked orange...

Visit my Deviantart!! link
Xeiros
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I despise Avatar.

266755988 Xerios417 xerios417
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2006 08:55 pm »

I find it ironic that people of the earth kingdom are obsessed with flying. Its like they were born in the earth kingdom but have but have the free spirit of an air nomad. I will be ****ed if that fire balloon isnt used in the fire nations seige of Bah Sing Seh.

Wii Code/Nickname:2249-5964-0834-8514/Cenobia
PM me if you register me so I may add you as well.
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2006 08:59 pm »

Well, they say that the grass is always greener on the other side. Jeong Jeong expressed that he liked waterbending better than firebending too.

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2006 09:10 pm »

I find it ironic that people of the earth kingdom are obsessed with flying. Its like they were born in the earth kingdom but have but have the free spirit of an air nomad. I will be ****ed if that fire balloon isnt used in the fire nations seige of Bah Sing Seh.
It looks like it is only Teo and the Mechanist's group that seem to have an interest in flight.  Most people of the Earth Kingdom seem not to care at all.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
genericFan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All your Yatta are belong to Numa!!

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2006 09:44 pm »

Whatever happened to the FireNation Balloons? They end with the fire nation taking the one and only one made and,
that was it. When are they going to use them? WHEN?!

Behold my amazing skills I'm trying to make you believe I have even though I don't really have any.
Keeper of Most stuff on this forum Un-Avatar related
Keeper of Strange,absurd,and pointless rants and phrases
Mime777
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeh, we’re all gonna get eaten by a spirit monster

mime_777@hotmail.com
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2006 07:17 pm »

I'm new here! Hello everybody! Cheesy

The last episode I've seen Tongue I am so jealous of you guys! I live in Quebec, Canada and we're only at that episode! Well, I can see them on you tube, but I'm jealous anyway Tongue

The balloon thing at the end I was like: OMG so ironic. Tongue I really liked that episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2006 07:33 pm by Mime777 » Logged

Zuko: If the Earth kingdom discovers us, they'll get us killed...
Iroh: But if the Fire nation discovers us, we'll be turned over to Azula...
(...)
Zuko: Earth kingdom it is!

Zuko: My father says she was born lucky, he says I was lucky to be born.

Aang: My friends need to suckle these frogs!
Provolone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2007 03:52 pm »

No no, definitely my least favorite episode. The ending was terrible.  He said the people were like a hermit crab?? NO NO NO! They DEMOLISHED his temple, KILLED the creatures, BLEW UP the sanctuary, STUFFED THE FOUNTAIN WITH SLIME, those scum bags are way worse than the fire nation.

Remember, when the Fire Nation killed all the monks in the Southern Air Temple, at least they weren't heartless. They left the buildings all standing and peaceful, a tribute to the memory of the people. But no, this psycho inventor blows up all the history of the people and then laughs about it. Allthewhile giving the FN more efficient ways to destroy OTHER PARTS of the world. Worst episode EVER!!!

SOME NICE AVATAR STATE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!! Aang went in the state for just one monk at Southern, and when he finds the Northern temple, not only is EVERYONE dead...They destroyed his people's home and turned it into a slime pit. AND, they stole their gliders and made crude wannabe gliders to pretend they were airbenders. those scum bags. the kids in a wheelchair. boo hoo. no one cares about HIS history. the air nomads are way more important.

KILL THEM ALL I SAY! KILL THEM ALL!
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007 03:54 pm by Provolone » Logged
teaaddict
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2007 07:38 pm »

No no, definitely my least favorite episode. The ending was terrible.  He said the people were like a hermit crab?? NO NO NO! They DEMOLISHED his temple, KILLED the creatures, BLEW UP the sanctuary, STUFFED THE FOUNTAIN WITH SLIME, those scum bags are way worse than the fire nation.

Remember, when the Fire Nation killed all the monks in the Southern Air Temple, at least they weren't heartless. They left the buildings all standing and peaceful, a tribute to the memory of the people. But no, this psycho inventor blows up all the history of the people and then laughs about it. Allthewhile giving the FN more efficient ways to destroy OTHER PARTS of the world. Worst episode EVER!!!

SOME NICE AVATAR STATE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!! Aang went in the state for just one monk at Southern, and when he finds the Northern temple, not only is EVERYONE dead...They destroyed his people's home and turned it into a slime pit. AND, they stole their gliders and made crude wannabe gliders to pretend they were airbenders. those scum bags. the kids in a wheelchair. boo hoo. no one cares about HIS history. the air nomads are way more important.

KILL THEM ALL I SAY! KILL THEM ALL!
... okay...

This episode was not very great for an Avatar episode, but it had its moments. The ending with  fire insignia on the hot air balloon was mildly dramatic.
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2007 12:07 am »

It felt unnecessary to me to have the whole minor storyline of people living in the temple but the invasion part was the best it was like airbenders vs. firebenders.

allyshamae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Let me give your heart a break.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2007 05:14 pm »

it was weird though.not good
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007 05:16 pm by allyshamae » Logged

Tumblr| My Writing 
<14371535
Dadalhin kita saking palasyo. <3
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2007 02:49 pm »

Well, not my favorite episode at all. Probably the only thing I liked was the war balloon reference, since it seems like it will make an appearance later.
Ahrenil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2007 02:53 pm »

People have been mentioning about the War Balloon. I have a feeling we may never see it, firstly you need a few Firebenders to keep it airbourne, and while shooting down fire aswell? Just how effective would they be from that high, also they seem very susceptible to attack be me (easy to shoot down) and to mass produce them would take years.

I admit it wasn't a good episode but I still like the big boom at the end.
ChibiChibiBear
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You gotta deal with it.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 20, 2007 04:44 am »

I don't really like this episode, even though it does have two kind fore-shadows with the war balloon and "They have the spirit of airbenders"

I liked the Sokka+inventor story, just because it shows Sokka being smart.

Keeper of: Zuko's hatred of peasant life, Jet and Zuko's teamwork, Jet's obsession with Zuko, and the ship of Jetko!
Master of: Broadswords, hookswords, and
Enter The Avatar State
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sig by KataraTheWaterbender

spenderbomber_7@hotmail.com
« Reply #20 on: Jul 20, 2007 02:25 pm »

It's about time they showed Sokka being smart.

Keeping: Sokka's armor, The Avatar State, all Waterbending and all Firebending
deck
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 25, 2007 09:37 pm »

Cool fight from  Zuko and that guy who lost
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #22 on: Jul 25, 2007 09:42 pm »

Cool fight from  Zuko and that guy who lost

Zuko wasn't in this episode. You're thinking about "The Southern Air Temple", which is Episode 3 in Season 1.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Amagoi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 26, 2007 01:06 am »

Eh. The entire episode doesn't sit right with me. I kind of agree with others that Aang should have been angrier or more hurt. The temple was after all - a temple, a sacred area and from the sound of it it was important to the Air Benders before they were wiped out. Best part of the episode for me was when Aang knocked off their wrecking ball.

I just really don't like how Aang could take everything so well, what little was left of his people was desecrated and destroyed.. and he kind of just accepted the Mechanist's excuse of "My bad, have you met my crippled son? l0l!"
Kumani
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Never forget who you are.

« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2007 12:35 pm »

umm this episode was kinda OKAY, it was a bit weird to c others live in a sacred temple and that they were trying to b airbenders, cuz they're NOT
i agree with some people too, aang should have been more angry cuz after all, its his culture and stuff but watever, in the end they all get along and they kick some fire nation butt, oh and i like the ending with some drama, with that balloon Smiley
other than that the episode wasnt that good...

They’re gonna rip up your heads and your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: