Mar 30, 2017 06:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Avatar The Legend of Korra Merchandise Would You Like to See?  (Read 27920 times)
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 30, 2010 12:33 am »

This topic is similar to our already hopeful "What Avatar items would you like to see?" for Avatar the Last Airbender.

Basically, *IF* Nickelodeon were to decide to take a huge risk and offer Korra merchandise, what would you ask them to produce?

Personally, as usual, I would really like quality action figures. Mostly, I would want a Korra action figure. Realistically though, this series seems like it will be geared to a slightly older fanbase, so action figures might be out of the question. This leads me to my second merchandise wish; Legend of Korra T Shirts. Also, I would love for them to make a kite. I couldnt believe they didnt for Avatar the Last Airbender since a kite seems like such an obvious toy for the young Aang Air Benders.

How about yourself? Action figures? T Shirts? Korra hipster fedoras (j/k)? I think its hard for me to really think about merchandise since this series feels like it wont have the right formula to move merchandise.

katara1018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010 02:01 am »

T-shirts
costumes
Action figures
Ride at Nickelodeon Universe Tongue

Sig by WaterLady from KF/Tumblr.
Keeper of Sokka's "FLYING KICKAPOW!!! From EIP
Follow me on tumblr: http://avatardedinthetardis.tumblr.com/
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2010 06:05 pm »

I want action figures as well.
That's about it.. Haha.

wei is bae
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010 09:18 pm »

A combined ATLA/TLOK super-duper gigantic soundtrack that includes every single musical cue in both series? Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
christina896
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010 10:50 pm »

A combined ATLA/TLOK super-duper gigantic soundtrack that includes every single musical cue in both series? Cheesy

I second this!! Grin

I also think that having a Korra-shaped eraser would be cool. I'm not entirely sure why, though.
toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2010 11:32 pm »

How about an alarm clock that wakes you up by saying, " Its time to get up and practice your airbending so you can master that and stop that anti-bending revolution!" Yea um I was just trying to think of something. OOO, the alarm clock could have Korra on top of it and some bending symbles or something like that. Tongue

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2010 01:29 pm »

YES! That would be delightful <3

Yes, lets start begging for that NOW! Online petition just for The Korra Soundtrack? What do ya say? Should we just beg for it in the current petition, or do you think it will be lost in the 12k + signatures?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm »

Action figures.

Good video game.

Expanded Universe via books (with good authors) and comics.

Keychain.

One of those bookmarks like they have in the big book stores, that come in a plastic sleeve with a little metal token tied to the tassel.

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2011 12:12 am »

@Loopy: I doubt they'll make a good game. THQ always makes those cartoon show/animated movie video games and they make them so cheesy. Just like A:TLA:TBE.

I wonder if McDonalds will have Korra toys in their Happy Meals?

More, and possibly, improved nation t-shirts.

Korra fruit snacks?

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2011 08:54 pm »

@Loopy: I doubt they'll make a good game. THQ always makes those cartoon show/animated movie video games and they make them so cheesy. Just like A:TLA:TBE.

In my World I Would Like to See, all Avatar video games are made by a collaboration of Shigeru Miyamoto overseeing Valve. With Capcom managing the release date and sequel production.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2011 03:21 pm »

I'd want an Avatar game done by Suda 51, just so he can turn the whole series into an irreverent, surreal, deconstruction of itself while trolling the fanbase at the same time.

Aang would be a loser otaku on a power trip while Toph would be a luchador. Tongue
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011 03:27 pm by High Elemental » Logged

Hotaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2011 06:12 pm »

If they do make action figures and don't make the female characters then that'll be a serious problem.

"Hey, why is this toy range called the Legend of Korra?"

"I dunno. Who is Korra?"

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2011 06:42 pm »

I'd be more worried about most of the line being Meelo in various outfits and armors.

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2011 06:47 pm »

In my World I Would Like to See, all Avatar video games are made by a collaboration of Shigeru Miyamoto overseeing Valve. With Capcom managing the release date and sequel production.

What if Bethesda made it? A:TLOK an RPG.

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2011 06:51 pm »

Eh, I'm not a fan of RPG's, and I hear that Bethesda makes some wonky alignment/story choices.

SaishuuHeikiKa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"You're the Avatar and I'm an idiot."

« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2011 09:38 am »

I think Nick has learned Avatar fans want female action figures...I hope they've learned

I just want a toph...Is that too much to ask?

Keeper of: "Whatever" -Korra TLOK E1:812, "I told you, you have ta stop bringing your crazy fangirls in here..." TLOK E1:31:00, "You're the Avatar and I'm an idiot." -Mako TLOK E1:36:12
And Mako is a tool
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2011 06:42 pm »

Nick has learned not to bother, because ATLA fans don't buy action figures.

Nick learns all the wrong lessons. Always.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2011 06:43 pm »

A fighting game for PS3/Xbox 360 would be nice with characters from both Korra and ATLA in the vein of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, mainly because that game looks like a cartoon come to life. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2011 06:48 pm by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am »

Honestly, I don't know if merchandise would a good move for this series... BUT this is a 'wish' thread. So, even if we don't believe action figures will ever see the light of day, there is no harm in pondering their existence.

I really do like the idea of a Korra video game, but definitely something I can invest more than 4 hours of my time into. Tongue

LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2011 07:38 pm »

How about an A: TLOK game that utilizes Kinect.  It would be neat to use it to manipulate the elements without the use of a controller...than again, I don't have kinect Sad  and it has the trouble of turning into a gimmick, but you have to admit, it would still be cool.  My ideal Avatar game would be an Action-RPG (with the action fluidity of Mass Effect 2 minus the guns and shooting) that really tells the story well, and you can make all the choices you want.  How do you fufill the duties of the Avatar?  What relationships would you forge, keep or destroy?  Will you turn good or evil?  Would you drink Green Tea or Jasmine Tea?  That would be uber-awesome.

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2011 06:32 pm »

^^ that would be cool! oh imagine the funny moments of bending between friends with a kinect etc. Grin

Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2011 06:39 pm »

All I'd like are GOOD t-shirts, and posters with great designs. And the super soundtrack SMBH mentioned wouldn't be too bad either.

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2011 06:45 pm »

thank you for emphasizing "GOOD" t-shirts. i have far too many t shirts that i wouldnt put through the wash more than a few times (hot topic), especially my coveted katara t shirt <3

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2011 09:22 pm »

My Korra video game wish list...

Avatar: Legend of Korra: Super Bender Warriors
A fun an accessible fighting game for the Nintendo Wii (with horrible Nintendo DS adaptation), reminiscent of the Super Smash Brothers franchise. The main selling points are the controls, ripped completely off of SSB, and the character roster, which (once fully unlocked) contains the whole main and secondary casts of both Korra and ATLA. Graphics are bright and strong based on the Korra cartoon.

Avatar: Legend of Korra: Ultimate Warrior
A complicated, deep fighting game for the X-Box 360 and Playstation 3 (with horrible PSP adaptation), reminiscent of the Dead or Alive franchise. The main selling points are the graphics, which are super-detailed hyper-realistic re-envisionings of the Korra cast, and the depth of the fighting engine, which has replaced such favorites as Soul Calibur 8 and Street Fighter 16 in gamer tournaments. Aang and Zuko are hidden characters. Katara and Azula can be put together with unlockable costume parts in the Create A Character mode.

Avatar: Legend of Korra: Fragrance of a Soft Moon
A story-driven Role Playing Game with high-end graphics and cut scenes, for X-Box 360 and Playstation 3 (with horrible PC port), reminiscent of the Final Fantasy franchise. The main selling points are the story, which is exactly like every anime you've ever seen, and a new stat-system the requires either a Guide or Wiki to understand. All of the dialogue is voiced, and there are at least as many hours of cut-scenes as gameplay.

Avatar: Legend of Korra: Benders of Republic City
A story-driven Role Playing Game with sprawling worlds and immersive atmosphere, for the X-Box 36- and Playstation 3 (with horrible PC port), reminiscent of Bioware titles. The main selling points are the character builder, which players can use to craft a main protagonist who could have stepped out of the cartoon itself, and a morality system that translates player choices into changes to the world and eventual ending. All of the dialogue is voiced, and there's an optional sidequest that involves seducing the whole main cast and assorted side characters, with accompanying cut-scenes featuring obscure nudity.

A gameplay-driven Role Playing Game that brings back charming 2D sprite graphics to offer a classically epic adventure, for the Nintendo DS (eventually ported to the PSP with new animated cut-scenes), reminiscent of both the classic Legend of Zelda and Squaresoft games. The main selling point is the brand itself, applied to a tested and true gameplay formula, featuring a brand new storyline designed by the show's original writers. Touch controls are used exclusively to navigate menus.

A gameplay-driven adventure game that allows players to take control of Korra in a new and engaging adventure, for the Nintendo Wii (not ported to anything, but it could have run on the Gamecube without trouble), reminiscent of the 3D Legend of Zelda games. The main selling point is hours of fun and varied content, featuring a simple but kinetic fighting system, clever puzzle traps, exploration across a beautiful 3D world, and plenty of fun characters to meet and interact with. A second player can join to control Meelo, who can spit on enemies to stun them.

Avatar: Legend of Korra: Super Blocks
A puzzle game from the same mathematicians who once enjoyed playing Tetris, for every system under the sun (and available as a bootleg flash game as well, reminiscent of... well, Tetris. Align the blocks across 8 different axises to beat each level, while chibi-art of the various Korra characters cheer you on. The same game will also be released with new graphics as a Spongebob vehicle.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 10:05 pm by Loopy » Logged

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kick logic out and do the impossible.

« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm »

^A weaker version of the second to the last one on your list is more than likely what we're going to get from THQ some time in the year 2012. I could be optamistic and still believe there's chance for the first one on your list to come, but I'm not holding my breath.

Go see Mae Witman (our lady Waterbender) as Roxanne Richer in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: