Oct 15, 2019 12:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Skeleton in the Closet" [episode title?!]  (Read 32176 times)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #25 on: Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am »

I shoud have just said about the origin. I even know there is a similar expression in russian, but i know that noone really uses it except for literal un-adapted translation. Just a part of global culture creep.

Still your point doesn't invalidate my original point, about phrases tied to a modern western cultural background slipping to avatarverse (which isn't really writers' fault, but is jarring nonetheless).

Well, I don't speak Chinese so I couldn't check, but perhaps they have a similar expression too? Grin

Pageclaim for an actual skeleton in the closet. Wink

FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:23 pm »

Sounds like a working title, its not very original. 
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:34 pm »

Yeah, it just feels off to me as an episode title.

Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:44 pm »

I agree - it's not a very Avatar-ish episode title.  Then again, if it does end up being the final title of an episode, I won't complain. 

I'm wondering if maybe we'll get to learn something about the anti-benders in this episode.  "Skeleton in the Closet" just reeks of evil, anti-bender secrets to me.  Maybe having something to do with the leader's past, assuming they have a leader, or at least a figurehead of sorts. 

Graphics by Pebs. :3
Keeper of Sozin and Roku's matching beards and the gap in Meng's teeth. <3
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:54 pm »

I agree - it's not a very Avatar-ish episode title.  Then again, if it does end up being the final title of an episode, I won't complain.

Yeah its a title name, no ones should care. They could have a title like "Danger! Danger! High Voltage!" and I would not bat an eye.

Well with a working title like "Skeleton in the Closet" all we can have a good chance of guessing correctly is that it has to do with some uncomfortable history for one or more characters or settings, any further details are purely speculative.  
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010 01:00 pm by FOXP2 » Logged
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2010 02:31 pm »

Well with a working title like "Skeleton in the Closet" all we can have a good chance of guessing correctly is that it has to do with some uncomfortable history for one or more characters or settings, any further details are purely speculative. 

This, I know.  The anti-benders are a group I find really appealing, so wondering if this episode is at all related to them is basically just wishful thinking on my part.  Tongue

Anyway, I personally hope they keep this title - it has a mysterious ring to it that I like. 

TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2010 02:34 pm »

I'm wondering if maybe we'll get to learn something about the anti-benders in this episode.  "Skeleton in the Closet" just reeks of evil, anti-bender secrets to me.  Maybe having something to do with the leader's past, assuming they have a leader, or at least a figurehead of sorts. 

Maybe Anti-Benders have been killing Benders and leaving there bodies in closests and they turn into skeletons and yeah. Or even better:

Random Anti-Bender: Sir. Why is there a skeleton in this closest?
Sir Dude: Oh I completely forgot that I left a Bender in there.
RAB: How long ago?
SD: Oh about 20 years.

Not that it takes that short of a time to make a sketelon, but still.

Not all what I seem to be
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2010 02:44 pm »

everyone keeps saying that, if it really is the title, its a little cliched. and it kind of is, but isn't the phrase "skeletons in the closet"?
if it was purposely made singular then that leads me to assume two things:
that the person they are showing the back story about only has one thing hidden or (oddly enough) maybe there really is a skeleton involved in the episode, somewhat like TokoToTheEnd said above

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2010 03:25 pm »

Yeah, it would have to be a singular event.

divsalley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko fan!!!

« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2010 03:31 pm »

WOW!!! This is GREAT news!!! This episode might contain flashbacks... or give us an intriguing start to an entirely new storyline. Either way, I'm super excited about Korra!!!

Keeper of Zuko's speech in 321, Zuko's future Firelord Portrait,
Zuko's Destiny, and Appa and Aang's reunion in 217
Thanks a ton for the Christmas present Iceeh!!!
Cheesy
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2010 03:37 pm »

Maybe Anti-Benders have been killing Benders and leaving there bodies in closests and they turn into skeletons and yeah. Or even better:

Not that it takes that short of a time to make a sketelon, but still.

This is silly, I laughed.

I'm not going to guess without more then just a title.
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2010 03:55 pm »

I lol'd.  That little exchange would complete my life.  XP 

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2010 06:33 pm »

Someone's got a dark past. Oh la la.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2010 07:19 pm »

everyone keeps saying that, if it really is the title, its a little cliched. and it kind of is, but isn't the phrase "skeletons in the closet"?
if it was purposely made singular then that leads me to assume two things:
that the person they are showing the back story about only has one thing hidden or (oddly enough) maybe there really is a skeleton involved in the episode, somewhat like TokoToTheEnd said above

You're assuming Dante transcribed it properly.

All in all, I'm not going to get too worked up about a title, but it doesn't feel Avatary. That's a bad sign, but one I'm going to ignore for now.

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2010 07:30 pm »

I'm going for working title, honestly. Probably just describes the general content of the episode. Someone has something in their past they'd rather forget about, has it thrust back into their face. That kinda deal.

We all know a true Avatar style episode title would be "The Closet".

Mariabug
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh, Foamy!

« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2010 07:39 pm »

WOW IM LATE BUT YAAYY!! Cheesy

Sowwi im just excitd!!

^ Ya, an avatar name would be like "The Skeleton" or "The Closet" But im not one to judge

Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic!- Specluated by Noblebender, The Pebble, and me!
True avatarians have too much fun! Grin
taydev
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2010 07:52 pm »

i agree, not a very avatar-ish title but nonetheless, im excited to hear any news about korra! dante seems to spitting a little news here and there Lips sealed
Jimothy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2010 10:40 am »

Something to note is that, based on what Dante's said, this appears to be the second episode with his Zuko-related character. So that might have something to do with the content of the episode. But maybe not.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 18, 2010 02:31 pm »

Something to note is that, based on what Dante's said, this appears to be the second episode with his Zuko-related character. So that might have something to do with the content of the episode. But maybe not.

yeah, yeah, where are you reading that?!?!
Jimothy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Nov 18, 2010 03:19 pm »

On his Twitter? I'm just inferring. Not necessarily accurate.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Nov 18, 2010 03:56 pm »

On his Twitter? I'm just inferring. Not necessarily accurate.

Well could you quote the words, I have and aversion to twitter (I think it pure evil and that soon we will have trackmyanus.com were everyone bawl movements will be digitally recorded live for all the internet to know) so I won't look through it my self.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #46 on: Nov 18, 2010 10:08 pm »

Pageclaim for an actual skeleton in the closet. Wink
Be careful what you wish for.

Tenzin might buy some metal closet to make a finishing touch for his fire nation themed sleeping room (see, iron-clad closets are hip and cool in Korra's days) and might be in for a surprise...

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010 10:10 pm by azekeprofit » Logged

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Firenation2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Nov 18, 2010 10:10 pm »

^This wins. But it's all wrong!

This episode will clearly be about a dead character admitting that he's actually a homose- *shot*

Well, yeah, it sounds like some kind of secret. Sounds like a big twist, too. Maybe some 90-year-old character confesses a war crime or something?

Do the thing.
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #48 on: Nov 18, 2010 10:52 pm »

It's still possible that it's a working title and not a final title. Remember "The Red Spirit", "The Earthbending Tournament" and "Journey to Ba Sing Se"...

Yeah, i agree...
Seen that Andrea Romano was quite vague...
I don’t know how much of the series I’m allowed to tell you, but that whole generation has died. It’s the next generation. So it’s really cool. It’s the same producers. It’s the same brilliant attention to detail and I’m very excited. Right now we are just making twelve of them and we’ll see what happens.

And since Dante is an professional as well, he won't spoil infos he is not supposed to spoil, so I am 99.8% sure that the episode... (or: chapter?) title is only a working title...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #49 on: Nov 18, 2010 11:36 pm »

"Skeleton in the Closet" isn't that an English idiom for hiding something horrible that you did before? Will Korra, as well as how Aang felt, feel ashamed for being the Avatar?

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: