Dec 15, 2019 06:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Skeleton in the Closet" [episode title?!]  (Read 32709 times)
Andromeda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

He was Number Wan!

« on: Nov 16, 2010 08:55 pm »

He's recording for an episode called "Skeleton in the Closet"! We have an episode title, folks!

http://twitter.com/dantebasco

In studio recording #LegendOfKorra... Its called "Skeleton In The Closet". Pretty amazing stuff. I think fans are going to love it.

Separated this and the following posts from the Characters thread because I think an episode title (!) deserves to have its own thread. Also, this way the Characters thread stays on-topic.

Also, added the direct quote.

~SMBH
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010 11:49 pm by SMBH » Logged
Rose-Blood
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm saving YOU for last...

« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010 08:57 pm »

He's recording for an episode called "Skeleton in the Closet"! We have an episode title, folks!

http://twitter.com/dantebasco

Hmm, sounds interesting. Let the speculation continue!

I'm a member of Korra Nation. Are you? No? What are you waiting for!?!? CLICK --> http://sot.ag/Mzk1Nzcy/ and http://sot.ag/Mzk3MTA1
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010 09:59 pm »

Tenzin killed a man in a drunken haze one night when said man called his mother a hogmonkey and that his father smelled of leetchee nuts. He stashed the guy's corpse in his closet ever since. The episode pertains to Tenzin considering using the skeleton in his new comedy act.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010 10:01 pm by High Elemental » Logged

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010 11:16 pm »

An episode title!! Shocked

I would think it would have something to do with Zuko maybe if we didn't already know now that's not who Basco is voicing. As it is it means nothing but more wild speculation. I would guess it's a relative that he is doing, why else would they bring him back if not for Zuko himself?

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm »

I don't like how an episode name is an expression existing exclusively in english and with an origin coming from England.

I kinda hoped i won't get confused by too many americanisms in jarring exotic environments this time.

Yeah, stupid me, i know.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010 11:43 pm by azekeprofit » Logged

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2010 11:42 pm »

It's still possible that it's a working title and not a final title. Remember "The Red Spirit", "The Earthbending Tournament" and "Journey to Ba Sing Se"...

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
CurlySue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:09 am »

My best bet would be that the "skeleton" in question would have to to with the deceased Zuko.  Something could have happened in which he did something not so great.  My assumption is that Basco is playing the voice of Zukos kid, and I am wondering if Zuko killed the firelord or Azula or something likewise awesome and then kept it from Aang or other people.  It would be an interesting thing to see what really happened to Zuko after ATLA ended.  And if Zukos kid is the character in question I wonder how will Tenzin will know him and what the dynamics of their friendship will be.  OH MAN I AM SO EXCITED!
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010 12:11 am by CurlySue » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:12 am »

I'm not sure how Zuko would kill the firelord when last we saw he was the firelord. Though I kind of like the idea of Zuko falling into the same need to kill the firelord that his mother did.

It's still possible that it's a working title and not a final title. Remember "The Red Spirit", "The Earthbending Tournament" and "Journey to Ba Sing Se"...

Still, all those things still reflected something from the episode right? Even if the title does change, some character most likely has some secrets to hide. Suspense!

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
ScaryMusic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:27 am »

It sounds to me like a 'The Storm' episode, where we get to learn a character's back story, or see the skeletons in their closet.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:39 am »

Probably reveals the unfortunate events that transpired over 75 years...

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:41 am »

I wonder if the character we get to learn about is one of the ones we know about or maybe even the "villain" of the series.  Bryke always loves to humanize their antagonists

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
GRUNT
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Makes art every once in a while.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2010 12:53 am »

Yeah, when I saw that twitter, I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it.  An episode title does indeed seem to be the most likely explanation, but I dunno Tongue.

Still, if we're pretty sure that this is indeed an episode title, then I am excite ^_^.  I'm just grabbing everything I can take about Korra Tongue.

Of course, we have no idea what the metaphorical skeleton is, or whose closet it is in, but it's fun to have something to think about :p. 
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:01 am »

i think the title hints at death and dark secrets. sounds very mature. i'm thinking this might be like a halloween special, like "the puppet master" that was pretty dark, with blood bending and all.

puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:05 am »

So there will be blondes in the Avatar World...

...I'm just kidding! Don't kill me. D:

Anyway, this is an...odd choice for an episode title. But it's still so exciting. Grin
I can't wait until we get more episode titles so we can start putting them in order. Tongue
I'm thinking this episode will not be a flashback episode, it actually sounds like something that will show a secret...or something. XD Or maybe Halloween-ish..

Ninja'd. Darn you, guitarfreak! Tongue
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:08 am »

I'm thinking this episode will not be a flashback episode, it actually sounds like something that will show a secret...or something. XD Or maybe Halloween-ish..

oh well, great minds think alike Wink

and i agree with you, how there should be more episode titles, and we could arrange them in order, that'll be fun XD

DuskQ
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Piandao.org

« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:36 am »

oh well, great minds think alike Wink

and i agree with you, how there should be more episode titles, and we could arrange them in order, that'll be fun XD

I think a flashback may happen, but when has Avatar totally worked in flashbacks? The Storm focused very heavily on retelling Aang and Zuko's pasts, but it was also about saving Sokka on the sea. It was about Zuko gaining the trust of his crew.

Since "skeletons in the closet" is a cliche, it may be interesting if Korra found a literal skeleton in a closet. Perhaps there's a cover up about a murder, but the evidence is in the bone. Likewise, "the puppet master" was a double entendre because Hama both collect puppets fashioned to resemble her victims and literally mastered the townspeople like puppet.

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:46 am »

are you talking about a flashback in this episode or in the whole series? well, there's the episode about avatar roku and sozin. i thought that was a really good episode, as we gained some insights on their relationship and things. i think the flashbacks will work.

Since "skeletons in the closet" is a cliche, it may be interesting if Korra found a literal skeleton in a closet. Perhaps there's a cover up about a murder, but the evidence is in the bone. Likewise, "the puppet master" was a double entendre because Hama both collect puppets fashioned to resemble her victims and literally mastered the townspeople like puppet.

very interesting, now i'm intrigued. i forgot hama also collected puppets. maybe as korra investigates the skeleton/murder, there'll be a flashback, as to how it happened, and in the process, there's a dark secret revealed?

BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2010 01:47 am »

How is "skeletons in the closet" a cliche? Isn't it just a saying for when someone has locked away some serious secret(s) for a long period of time and hasn't dealt or faced them since.

We could be talking about the skeletons in Korra's closet.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2010 02:16 am »

How is "skeletons in the closet" a cliche? Isn't it just a saying for when someone has locked away some serious secret(s) for a long period of time and hasn't dealt or faced them since.

We could be talking about the skeletons in Korra's closet.

A phrase or expression can be a cliche.
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2010 05:11 am »

Interesting....I wonder what number ep this title comes in? I doubt ALOK will have filler considering it's short series length so I wonder what this title means for the story?...

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2010 06:21 am »

I don't like how an episode name is an expression existing exclusively in English and with an origin coming from England.
Is it, really?

Italian: uno scheletro nell'armadio (a skeleton in the closet)

Dutch: een lijk in de kast (a corpse in the closet)
French: un cadavre dans le placard
Spanish: un cadáver en el armario

German: eine Leiche im Keller (a corpse in the cellar)

azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2010 07:33 am »

Yeah, you got me.

I shoud have just said about the origin. I even know there is a similar expression in russian, but i know that noone really uses it except for literal un-adapted translation. Just a part of global culture creep.

Still your point doesn't invalidate my original point, about phrases tied to a modern western cultural background slipping to avatarverse (which isn't really writers' fault, but is jarring nonetheless).

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2010 09:48 am »

Tenzin killed a man in a drunken haze one night when said man called his mother a hogmonkey and that his father smelled of leetchee nuts. He stashed the guy's corpse in his closet ever since. The episode pertains to Tenzin considering using the skeleton in his new comedy act.

XD If this becomes true I'd laugh my arse off.

Not all what I seem to be
Chaobunny
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maker of Chaobunny's Guide to Zutarian Logic

« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2010 09:56 am »

I vote it has something to do with Ursa.

I really have nothing to back up my claim, but skeleton in the closet makes me think of family secrets, and that was the biggest plot hole left open at the end of A:TLA. And it was related to Zuko.

Or maybe I'm just desperately clinging to the hope that we'll get some closure on Ursa.

Jimothy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am »

Hm. Sounds nothing at all like a normal Avatar episode title, but maybe that's to be expected. New series, new tone.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: