Aug 18, 2017 06:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 41 (19%)
9 - 33 (15.3%)
8 - 47 (21.8%)
7 - 46 (21.3%)
6 - 23 (10.6%)
5 - 13 (6%)
4 - 3 (1.4%)
3 - 3 (1.4%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 6 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 210

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [205] Avatar Day  (Read 24310 times)
FIRElord77
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My honor, my throne, my country.

« Reply #25 on: Apr 30, 2006 09:03 pm »

I thought the episode was alright, could of used some more fight scences though.
The Rough Rhino group was cool. I liked how each member had a specific weapon,
the archer guy,  the explosives guy, etc.

Also, I liking getting to see another one of Aang's past lives, Avatar Kyoshi,
(it was so funny when she blew Chin the Great's clothes off).
I hope we get to see more past Avatars.

Also, it was a major turning point in the story, with Zuko and Iroh splitting up.
Hopefully we'll still see a lot of Iroh, even though he's not travelling with Zuko.

Overall, I though the episode was pretty good, and had some funny moments.

"You will learn respect, and suffering will be your teacher." - Fire Lord Ozai
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006 05:23 pm »

Yeah, it was really cool to see Kyoshi; she rocks!
I actually thought the "Rough Rhino" gang was a little over-done.  Their armor looked wierd, the one dude had a funky mask on his face, and I thought the Yu-Yan (sp?) archers always traveled in their little group.  I dunno...they just didn't look like normal firebenders to me. 
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006 11:31 pm »

However, this Avatar Day episode interests me quite a bit. A town where they hate the Avatar, eh? Interesting. i wonder if the Cabbage Merchant will be there, he has reason to hate on Aang and co. Who wants to bet we'll see burning straw Avatar dummies? Any takers? Anyone?

I'd just like to take this moment to say I called it!! *releases ballons and confeti*

So, lets see, this town must be somewhere on the southern earth kingdom. Makes sense seeing as how they just got back from Omashu. Next episode was not by any ocean that we could see...looks like they might be heading into the central earth kingdom...perhaps to Ba Sing Se which we got a slightly cannon look of here..

princess
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006 12:45 pm »

I don't understand how people could enjoy this episode... leave alone call it 'awesome' ... geez! Wats happen' 2 u ppl out there? You've got no taste! sheesh! I mean the previous episodes were brilliant and real hits! But... the latest AVATAR DAY... eish! The creators made a mess up!

I'm a devout Avatar The Last Airbender Fan... and I was greatly disappointed by the mess up made with the latest Avatar episode (Avatar Day). I think Aaron Ehasz should get back to writing the story line and episodes. Firstly, the episode is pretty much in a nutshell absolutely shallow! ...apart from being a bit funny, it's a total waste of time to the story - especially since us fans look forward to the great Avatar The Last Airbender shows! Firstly, Aang played a ridiculous part, and the whole 'Avatar Day Celebration' takes the seriousness and magic out of it.

Secondly, I was majorly disappointed by Zuko's new attitude ... it's totally not of Zuko to just dessert his much loved Uncle Iroh, after he has always been rescuing and sticking by his uncle's side. It's really spoiled the whole story. Zuko The Kind Hearted should not have been portrayed as such a rouge and rebel, the stealing part just made the whole thing worse. The Blue Spirit was accepted as honorable. As a Prince, Zuko is supposed to be honorable and royal, no matter what. That was what made it so special.. but now... well I think the creators made a big mess up - especially the Zuko part. John 'o Bryan isn't a very good writer, as far as I am concerned.

From a VERY DISSAPOINTED FAN!

By the way... if the creators want to make a real Oscar winner out of this... my advice: Don't listen to all the fans out there, because they are just fan's of the characters, so making the story according to their needs - that will just spoil the entire story! I know it's really ironical for me to be saying this, but just think about it.

Perhaps one thing you could think about changing... is Zuko's position, I think he should play a bigger and more noble role in the story. After all, it is mostly about him too. The part about Zuko and his past makes this story so great & heart rendering, so why spoil it by taking Zuko's nobility away?

Besides, Prince Zuko is going abit too far here, by just leaving his esteemed uncle, without even saying a proper goodbye or thank you. It doesn't make sense anyways, because deep insides, Zuko loves his uncle and was really so glad that Uncle Iroh decided to return home with him (see Book 2: EARTH - The Avatar State).

It's such a let down. I hope the future episodes will be worth the wait though!

An ex-Avatar Fan :'(

Nat's edit:  Please don't put your entire post in bold tags.  It's kind of annoying.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006 01:16 pm by Nat » Logged
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006 01:01 pm »

If you're an ex-Avatar fan, then why come here?

I don't think I said anything or not.. Maybe I did, but it was a funny episode IMO.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006 01:12 pm »

Zuko The Kind Hearted should not have been portrayed as such a rouge and rebel, the stealing part just made the whole thing worse. The Blue Spirit was accepted as honorable. As a Prince, Zuko is supposed to be honorable and royal, no matter what. That was what made it so special.. but now... well I think the creators made a big mess up - especially the Zuko part. John 'o Bryan isn't a very good writer, as far as I am concerned.

Zuko the Kind Hearted?  BWAH?!?  Zuko is the show's anti-hero.  What he does is perfectly in character.  While he may be a fairly okay guy, he's still royalty, and that leads him to believe that his needs and hardships are above those of everyone else.  Zuko is at his core very abrasive and obsessive.  He'll do anything to get the Avatar, even resorting to common thievery.

Perhaps one thing you could think about changing... is Zuko's position, I think he should play a bigger and more noble role in the story. After all, it is mostly about him too. The part about Zuko and his past makes this story so great & heart rendering, so why spoil it by taking Zuko's nobility away?

Zuko's a main character but the show kind of (I hate to break it to you) isn't about just him.  He already plays an absolutely huge role in the show, evidenced by the fact that he's getting an episode all to himself.  I for one don't want to see truckloads of Zuko since I kind of like the other characters just as well.

Zuko still has his honor...  He's just not on the right path at the moment.  That's why he left Iroh, after all:  to find his own way.  He'll probably come around eventually.  It's called character development.  If Zuko always acted the same and never changed to fit circumstances, he wouldn't be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006 01:16 pm by Nat » Logged

Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006 04:13 pm »

Well said, Nat. I like Zuko, but he's best in small doses.

I thought this was a great episode. It had alot of humor and just the right amount of seriousness towards the end. Plus, we got to see Kyoshi. My favorite parts were when Sokka was doing the whole Sherlock Holmes thing.

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006 05:30 pm »

Zuko The Kind Hearted should not have been portrayed as such a rouge and rebel, the stealing part just made the whole thing worse.
I also hate it when writers transform main characters into rebellious feminine products, it just doesn't work.

As for the episode, there is one thing it left me wondering about. This general Chin conquered the entire Earth Kingdom except for Ba Sing Se and Kioshi Island. When a nation invades another nation it usually leaves imprints on the conquered society. Does this mean then that Ba Sing Se and the people who live there are going to be considerably different than, say, Omashu? Or was Chin's rule too short for making a real difference that hasn't disappeared over the last 370 years?

Kioshi Island, for example, is the only place we have seen so far with female warriors. Is this how the entire Earth Kingdom was before Chin's reign? Are there any female soldiers in Ba Sing Se too?

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006 09:14 am »

Maybe.  Good thought...I guess we'll have to see. 
Zuko the Kind Hearted?  BWAH?!?  Zuko is the show's anti-hero.  What he does is perfectly in character.  While he may be a fairly okay guy, he's still royalty, and that leads him to believe that his needs and hardships are above those of everyone else.  Zuko is at his core very abrasive and obsessive.  He'll do anything to get the Avatar, even resorting to common thievery.
Hhmmmm...you really think so, huh?
I think at his core, Zuko is a very kind person.  Why else would he still be "a fairly okay guy" after living his whole childhood around so much wrong?  He grew up being taught that all the other nations were evil and needed to either be taken over or exterminated.  Of course he had his mother's guidence, and then his uncle's, but when it comes right down to it..."it is the strength of your heart that makes you who you are".  After seeing "Zuko alone", I think it is very safe to say that Zuko IS "kind-hearted".  Keep in mind that his sister always despised him and wanted him gone; he was burned, dis-owned, and cast away by his own father because Ozai thought he was weak for being a good person; he's had to bear the curse of his own lineage; the list goes on and on.  I'm not trying to turn this into a pitty-fest, I'm just saying that his past is enough to make anyone build up a wall around himself, and become "abrasive and osessive".  Heck, I know I would be.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006 12:33 pm »

I would agree.  I think without all the emotional scars he has, he would probably be able to identify a lot more with Aang.  I think Zuko made the right decision in splitting with Iroh.  He needs to find his own way and he can't do that if he isn't on his own.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006 05:16 pm »

I thought this episode was extremely useless. The only important thing for me was seeing how powerful a fully realized Avatar can be. Before Avatar Day, I had wondered how the Avatar alone could decide the outcome of a war...but now I see...

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006 03:38 pm »

The episode was not useless.  It was quite entertaining.  That is enough to give the episode worth.

Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006 08:43 pm »

Well, I'm an action-junkie so it makes sense that I didn't like this episode. I thought the whole trial and "Sokka Holmes" things were pretty useless...

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006 08:11 pm »

You weren't claiming that you thought the episode was useless in your eyes.  You claimed it was useless without any caveats whatsoever.  It was useless to you, that does not make the episode useless.

Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006 11:40 pm »

Yeah!  I loved Sokka's Sherlock routine.  It was hillarious!
And it was a landmark episode from Zuko's perspective; how is that useless?
Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2006 10:49 pm »

You weren't claiming that you thought the episode was useless in your eyes.
How can you be so sure of what I was thinking when I typed my first comment ?

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2006 10:53 pm »

You claimed that the episode was useless without any qualifiaction.  You didn't say that you found the episode useless in your opinion.  You didn't say that you thought the episode was useless.  You stated that the episode was useless as if you were stating a fact.

someone198
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006 11:27 pm »

Okay, people, relax. He used the words "I thought." Give it a rest and get back to discussing the show, not discussing the discussion! Some of us (myself included) get enough comedy in mainstream American shows and appreciate Avatar for its depth. Too much cheap comedy that doesn't come from witty dialogue gets on some people's nerves.
Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006 11:36 pm »

Thank you someone198. I clearly said "I thought this episode was extremely useless". I was never trying to argue...Just stating my opinion. It is okay with you if I have my own opinion, isn't it Cap ?

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2006 12:13 am »

You did state the "I thought" disclaimer in your initial post.  My apologies for missing it.

Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2006 07:56 pm »

It's ok.

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2006 09:39 pm »

So did tonights episode satisfy your appetite for action?

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006 10:27 pm »

So did tonights episode satisfy your appetite for action?

This is not the string for discussing "The Chase". Please do that in the appropriate string here: The Chase. Thanks!
xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

PROUD Keeper of Kataang, and the Soldier Boy Song

arman12 sharpiesrawesome42
« Reply #48 on: Jun 23, 2006 07:34 pm »

i loved iroh i this episode...his speech is rlly awesome....iroh is rlly a role model to me...back to topic....i found aang talking with the criminals about katara rlly funny.....especially when he pulled his arms out of that thing with ease...lol

Leaves from the vine, falling so slow.
Like fragile, tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home.
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.
R.I.P. Mako
Om
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jun 28, 2006 05:52 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that the Earth Kingdom could have stopped this war had Conqueror Chin been allowed to unite it. They'd have presented a far more unified fighting force and they wouldn't have overlooked people like the Mechanist who's inventions are capable of shifting the tides of war.

I can see why Kyoshi was against his actions but it would have been best left alone.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: