Nov 24, 2017 08:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 41 (19%)
9 - 33 (15.3%)
8 - 47 (21.8%)
7 - 46 (21.3%)
6 - 23 (10.6%)
5 - 13 (6%)
4 - 3 (1.4%)
3 - 3 (1.4%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 6 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 210

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [205] Avatar Day  (Read 24552 times)
ZhaoRocks
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All dedicated to the late Admiral Zhao.

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2008 12:52 pm »

I hated this episode. Aang made absolutely no sense in it. Even though there is an entire nation that hates him and even though he only has a few months to save the world or witness its end, he still thinks he can't do his job as the Avatar with people thinking he is a murderer. He is even willing to accept their death penalty! So satisfying one little village is more important than saving the world? Moron! Angry

Admiral of the Fire Nation.
Keeper of Zhao's temper.
cpt_data
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

waterwriter144's #1 fanboy! :) *thumb-fumble*

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2008 01:08 pm »

Naaa, this Ep is maybe not the best, but also not the worst.

After all, we learn more about Avatar Kyoshi and there is Chin the Great Wink
I give it a 7.

Forever Avatard!Kataanger!
Fanfic: The first Airbender [10/26/08] --> UPDATE <--

Sig & Av by Doomsday
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2008 12:34 am »

I hated this episode. Aang made absolutely no sense in it. Even though there is an entire nation that hates him and even though he only has a few months to save the world or witness its end, he still thinks he can't do his job as the Avatar with people thinking he is a murderer. He is even willing to accept their death penalty! So satisfying one little village is more important than saving the world? Moron! Angry

I definitely agree with you! The whole plot of nonsense! The only thing good about this episode was Zuko and Iroh's B-plot and Avatar Kyoshi flashback. Other than that, this was a waste of my 23 minutes. This wasn't the worst episode, but most certainly not the best!

Rating 6/10
cartoonartist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

God. He. Is. Adorable!

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2008 05:26 am »

Um, I thought that this was quite a poor episode although it was enjoyable to watch. This is because of the whole Avatar thing and the mayor and the way they judge people. Okay, I just don't like the town it was weird. The reason it was enjoyable was because we get to learn about Kiyoshi's past.

5/10

~cartoonartist~

Please check out my FF.net profile.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1482817/cartoonartist

And please review! ( Teo you rock!)
Pinkblurlover
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty lee's favorite punching bag

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2008 11:56 pm »

"Its going to kill us with its awsome avatar powers"

I laughed so hard at that. xD

Keeper of Ty lee's innocent smile, emotional pain, confused look and beautiful eyes.
Couples-thread-you-support cheek licking expert
“Relativity applies to physics, not ethics” ~Albert Einstein
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #130 on: Jun 01, 2008 12:01 am »

"Its going to kill us with its awsome avatar powers"

I laughed so hard at that. xD

Besides Sokka's funnies in this episode, that was the only thing worth hearing from this bad episode.
Pixi27
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #131 on: Jul 01, 2008 02:03 pm »

I think Aang's *"Gee, I'd love to, but, I'm supposed to be boiled in oil."* was pretty great.  He doesn't get a lot of snarky comments, but when he does...they're always awesome.  I give this episode a seven.

Seriously, it's ok.  I know I'm crazy.  It keeps life interesting.
*YAY for Kataang*
sig by somebody that isn't me
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #132 on: Jul 01, 2008 02:18 pm »

"Gee, I'd love to help, but I'm supposed to be boiled in oil."

that's one of my favorite quotes too. Grin

oreo cookies
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #133 on: Jul 01, 2008 09:08 pm »

My favorite scene is when Aang is in jail and says that he can't get out and sokka replies sure you can all it takes is a little whoooo, swish-swish-swish,and airbending slice along with the funny anime hand gestures.Yay my 10th post Whopee!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008 09:13 pm by oreo cookies » Logged

They say home is where the heart is but if that's true what happens if you are on your honeymoon. If your heart is at your home then both of you are incapable of loving so therefore your just sacks of nothing despairing about all the fortune you spend paying for this trip! The sheer horror!!
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #134 on: Jul 01, 2008 09:11 pm »

Then he slips out of the stockade (or is that before)? Oh well, I just get a little giggle out of that...and the love advice the prisoners give to him.

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
legory
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Blarg

« Reply #135 on: Jul 05, 2008 07:31 pm »

I give this episode an eight, I loved it, but it was just filler, so that brings it down two.

Click me. Now. Do it. Georgie endorsed. Cookies are offered as gratitude.

|| Welcome to |P|L|A|S|T|I|C|-|B|E|A|C|H| ||
The sig is of The Gorillaz!
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Sep 13, 2008 07:17 pm »

I love this episode.  Sokka cracks me up.  That crazy wheel of justice makes me laugh too.

The Zuko/Iroh part just makes me sad.  Zuko using his Blue Spirit alter ego to steal from people is so wrong.  Looks like he was doing it for his uncle more than for himself, but it's still wrong. 
Iroh's talk about not losing hope and falling into despair andthen giving in to your baser instincts was very touching.  He's full of such wisdom.
And Zuko is just so damn sad :'(.  His father really did a number on him.  I really, really want to see that guy happy...for all the right reasons.
It's also sad when Zuko leaves Iroh to travel on his own.
Zutarawillliveon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #137 on: Sep 20, 2008 05:44 am »

i dont know if this is a realy thing.. but in mission impossible 2.. somewhere in there they are burning their heros and i just found it funny that they were burning the avatars.. who were sort of their heros.. kind of a lame thing to bring up but eh..
lol
anyway i really did love this episode.. made me laugh quite a bit when aang was in jail.. and he was talking to some of the guys and they were all soft lol

I ship: Zutara, Taang, Sukka, and Moppa XD! And just like Duckie.. I am going down with the ships!
Screemo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^is a lady.

« Reply #138 on: Mar 17, 2010 04:46 pm »

It was very interesting to learn abouy Kyoshi. Why was she so freakin huge? and how'd she live to be so old?

Keeper of Korra's crooked grin.
system4000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dragon Dance

« Reply #139 on: Mar 19, 2010 06:56 pm »

This episode was ok. But there was an error during the spinning of the wheel.  After it stops the punishment is boil in oil and the picture to the right of that can clearly be seen as a punishment involving lying on needles. Later, after the Riding Rhinos attack, we see Mayor Tong quickly moving  the wheel to the next square on the wheel which should be lying on needles but instead it is Community Service. So unless Kyoshi magically suddenly changed that Grin  it was a mistake.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #140 on: Mar 25, 2010 08:14 pm »

^ That's one of the most spotted mistakes ever. It was first reported in Interesting things noticed in Avatar (page 8 ) almost 4 years ago. Cheesy

Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2010 10:37 pm »

positives:
-some of my favorite wisdom from Iroh
-FOAMY! Cheesy
-Kyoshi backstory
-the Rough Rhinos
-Sokka and Katara going back to Kyoshi Island
-the people in the village are really annoying, yet funny

negatives:
-it stands out as one of the only "filler" episodes of season 2, and it feels out of place
-Aang's willingness to "face justice" comes off as him being stupid rather than honorable IMO
-Sokka basically becoming Sherlock Holmes...a little too much for me. Undecided

rating: 7

This one has always been really hard for me to rate.  It's a pretty pointless episode overall, but it's still pretty funny and entertaining.  And once again, the Zuko and Iroh story helps bump up my rating.

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #142 on: Jul 26, 2010 07:48 pm »

this episode is just like all the other episodes where the gAang goes to a town, deals with the towns ppl and then helps repulse a fire nation attack or some other catastrophe. other examples of this are.... the painted lady, the warriors of kyoshi (104), cant remember any other off the top of my head. one of the better parts was when the prisoners were giving aang love advice and he just takes off the stockade thing haha. i lol every time. as far as filler goes.... yeah it was good, but not the best

ricco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #143 on: Sep 08, 2010 05:33 am »

I don't know how many times I’ve seen this episode but I only just put 1 + 1 together that the townspeople will now eat un-fried cookie dough since Aang was not boiled in oil.

lol

Keeper of Katara's: "I don't know Aang...ask Sokka's instincts",
Azula’s: "My own mother thought I was a monster...she was right",
Iroh's: "Maybe it should be a proverb", Roku's: "You think I am weak"
Nychus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

jedimr_thomas@hotmail.com stegonychus
« Reply #144 on: Sep 08, 2010 06:27 am »

I don't know how many times I’ve seen this episode but I only just put 1 + 1 together that the townspeople will now eat un-fried cookie dough since Aang was not boiled in oil.

lol

I know, it only occured to me recently as well, it's a lousy episode though

Writer of the Azulyssey
ricco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #145 on: Sep 10, 2010 08:40 pm »

well it's nice to know that i'm not the only slow person out there Wink

Keeper of Katara's: "I don't know Aang...ask Sokka's instincts",
Azula’s: "My own mother thought I was a monster...she was right",
Iroh's: "Maybe it should be a proverb", Roku's: "You think I am weak"
Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #146 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:00 am »

Yeah this definitely seemed like filler. I know this is a kids show, but when someone is killed can it (not show it), but make it sensible also; instead of him falling off a cliff in some bizzaro fashion.
 I dont think that can even count for murder.

Carpe diem
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #147 on: Oct 16, 2010 01:20 pm »

I think this episode also had a meaning, that people shouldn't discriminate, sorry if I spelled that wrong, people that want to help which also has to relate to a real life situation, burining the statue showed hate towards Aang which that would make anyone feel bad.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #148 on: Jun 26, 2012 04:25 pm »

I liked Sokka's comment, and it is like the writers know this is kind of a routine with them going into these towns.

Am I the only one that felt when the FN attacked the town, that they kind of had it coming. They have a history of trying to conquer other lands, they were the FN before the FN, for the FN giving them a taste of their own medicine. At least they deserved a little scare, based on their court systems, FN rule might be an improvement.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
pokebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #149 on: Jul 04, 2012 04:33 pm »

I actually really liked this episode! It had several fun moments, and it was awesome to see Kyoshi and hear about her backstory. And Iroh is perfect. Though, it does make Aang look kinda dumb (I know he's just trying to be honorable, but.... yeah) and does nothing to advance the plot, so I gave it an 8.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: