Sep 21, 2019 01:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 41 (19%)
9 - 33 (15.3%)
8 - 47 (21.8%)
7 - 46 (21.3%)
6 - 23 (10.6%)
5 - 13 (6%)
4 - 3 (1.4%)
3 - 3 (1.4%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 6 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 210

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [205] Avatar Day  (Read 33884 times)
PG15
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Boo!

« Reply #100 on: Jan 02, 2007 04:01 pm »

Well...if the statue was built to commenmorate Chin's death, then having the temple (where Chin was said to meditate in) and the statue built at the same time would void the entire story.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #101 on: Jan 03, 2007 06:20 pm »

Oh, thanks I se what you mean! I thought that the temple wasn't built at the same time and I thought it was weird that Katara mentioned that, but now I understand. This episode was good though a filler.
roku13
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

katara

« Reply #102 on: Jan 15, 2007 02:21 pm »

i loved avatar day it was great

# 1 avatar fan i love katara
avapat707
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #103 on: Feb 03, 2007 10:58 am »

I loved it when Avatar Kyoshi came, and her story was awesome.  I think that they could just use the rough rhinos to take over all of the smaller earth kingdom villages.  They are really strong for such a small group.

sig made by breanna of the water tribe
Keeper of Pakku's mad waterbending skills
leech
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #104 on: Apr 19, 2007 02:39 am »

About Zuko's part from this episode - I wasn't so surprised by the fact he left Iroh. But what almost killed me was that HE TOOK THE HORSE!!! (or was that an ostrich? ok, horse-ostrich...)

Keeper of:
Mai's "Just take the bear"
Iroh's "The secret ingredient is love"
Zuko's "I have changed"
Sokka's "Please accept this humble and tasty offering! Thank you"
norse_hunter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Es teh Michael Jackson, DEAL WITH IT!!!

« Reply #105 on: Apr 19, 2007 07:59 pm »

I liked how they now eat the unfried dough, instead of.... what stuff did they eat before? The dough looked absoulutely disgusting, but i loved the little arrow on the head.

I will return on Monday the 18th.
coolcamz18
Can't Use Avatars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2007 08:55 am »

kyoshi only killed chin a little i mean she didnt mean that chin would be dea all she did was split the island and when chin screamed maybe the rocks fell down bcoz he screamed!!! thats my opinion

funny part

aang: (girl voice) hey everybody avatar kyoshi here

and..

sokka: (2 katara) ur ryt we need 2 go 2 kyoshi island

katara: wer did u get that pipe!!!!!?Huh

Guess who's back?! Wink
well only for a little while.. :'(
I just miss my friends Grin
Rae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2007 11:31 pm »

Right before Kyoshi split the land to make the island he eyes glowed - does that mean she was in the Avatar state at the time? It would make sense if she was ;cause it takes an awesome amount of power to create your own island.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2007 02:57 am »

Yeah, I think it's rather certain that she had just gone into the Avatar State (with the glowy blinky) to power-up. That island creation thing is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've seen in the series. If not the most awesomest, then at least way high up there. Avatar Kyoshi rocks (hehe hehe, pun). She's awesome. And she looks very good for her age Tongue (though it's likely that her image is just how she looked at her moment of highest power or something).

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Kumani
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Never forget who you are.

« Reply #109 on: Aug 04, 2007 08:58 pm »

i liked this, it was a typical fun avatar episode. i loved sokka trying to be a detective and kyoshi made the biggest entrance ever! i thought she was so cool!! the way she talked and looked and she killed a guy!! yay, cool episode!

They’re gonna rip up your heads and your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine
Holly Go Lightly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Enter the Bleach...

« Reply #110 on: Aug 05, 2007 01:43 am »

yeah, funny episode, thought it was funny when the prisoner in aangs cell looked like he was gonna torture aang, but they wound up discussing aangs love for katara! that made me laugh.
coolcamz18
Can't Use Avatars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #111 on: Aug 05, 2007 03:14 am »

yeah, funny episode, thought it was funny when the prisoner in aangs cell looked like he was gonna torture aang, but they wound up discussing aangs love for katara! that made me laugh.
yeah!!! i love them!!!

Guess who's back?! Wink
well only for a little while.. :'(
I just miss my friends Grin
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #112 on: Aug 06, 2007 10:01 am »

I could've sworn I typed a response here. Hmm. :\
Some people say that they really didn't like this episode, that it was filler more than anything, but I disagree. I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was great to learn more about Avatar Kyoshi, and the founding of Kyoshi Island. Sokka and Aang provided a lot of comic relief in this episode. And Foaming Mouth Guy returned! Yay Foamy!
Seeing Aang cross dress was hilarious. When he tried speaking like a girl, I literally laughed out loud. Aang in the prison cell was another one of my favorite scenes. "You've got a bald head, some nice tatoos. You're gonna fit in real well around here."
Seeing Kyoshi admit she killed Qin (or Chin, however it's spelt) was a nice change for once. In other shows, it usually turns out that people wrongfully accused someone of murder a long time ago. I'm glad they didn't do that here.
Possibly the only thing I didn't like was the animation. Katara looked fat, and that's no lie.
ChaztheMonk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Glow it up!

« Reply #113 on: Sep 01, 2007 09:06 am »

I have one question about this episode.

What's with the facial expressions during the seal jerky theft story? 

Aang and Katara make faces and for the life of me, I can't figure out what they are trying to convey. 

It just bugs me every time I watch it.  Thanks in advance.

"But I believe Aang can save the world"
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #114 on: Sep 01, 2007 03:15 pm »

The best quote in the entire episode:

"Show us to your leader so I may..." (Savagely chops up statue) "...dethrone him."

I have one question about this episode.

What's with the facial expressions during the seal jerky theft story? 

Aang and Katara make faces and for the life of me, I can't figure out what they are trying to convey. 

It just bugs me every time I watch it.  Thanks in advance.

I think they were mocking Sokka behind his back.  "Oh look, there goes Sokka again... isn't he just the most brilliant man alive..."
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #115 on: Sep 16, 2007 12:38 pm »

823 DVD screens are now available on the mainsite for this episode. Enjoy!
MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #116 on: Oct 13, 2007 08:26 pm »

thanks acastus.
who doesnt like un-fried dough?

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Only One Teen

aaking21stccs
« Reply #117 on: Oct 22, 2007 06:28 pm »

I could've sworn I typed a response here. Hmm. :\
Some people say that they really didn't like this episode, that it was filler more than anything, but I disagree. I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was great to learn more about Avatar Kyoshi, and the founding of Kyoshi Island. Sokka and Aang provided a lot of comic relief in this episode. And Foaming Mouth Guy returned! Yay Foamy!
Seeing Aang cross dress was hilarious. When he tried speaking like a girl, I literally laughed out loud. Aang in the prison cell was another one of my favorite scenes. "You've got a bald head, some nice tatoos. You're gonna fit in real well around here."
Seeing Kyoshi admit she killed Qin (or Chin, however it's spelt) was a nice change for once. In other shows, it usually turns out that people wrongfully accused someone of murder a long time ago. I'm glad they didn't do that here.
Possibly the only thing I didn't like was the animation. Katara looked fat, and that's no lie.

First of all Katara did look fat and all yea I agree on What they said. lol
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar and Signature by Katarathewaterbender

« Reply #118 on: Oct 22, 2007 07:20 pm »

This episode was okay for me. I had no idea what was going on and what was the point of the episode until Avatar Kyoshi showed up. THAT was cool. However, she looked a lot different than the statue on Kyoshi Island if you ask me.

atla1--My best friend's Avatar site
Alexia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #119 on: Oct 27, 2007 06:32 pm »

It was a great episode the best bit was avatar kyoshi doing her awsome bending.  Wink

megaman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #120 on: Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am »

Roku's spirit looks the same age when he died.

I am assuming that Kyoshi died when she was in her prime. I hope they explore as to how that happened in future episodes.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #121 on: Feb 11, 2008 03:58 pm »

No Kyoshi lived to 230, it's probably just that most people reconnize them at their prime so to speak. Or that after Kyoshi killed Chin and created the Dai Li, she lived quietly on Kyoshi, and wasn't needed to help at all. Also, I don't think any all powerful Avatar would want to be seen as a feeble old man or women, even though they'd still be pretty strong.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
megaman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #122 on: Feb 11, 2008 06:14 pm »

That's deep. I did not their natural life spans were that long.

If she lived that she probably had children.

Perhaps the writers can explore that.

I do recall them saying she had big feet. She probably was picked on a lot when she was a kid but the benefit was for more surface contact.
azulozai0812
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2008 06:11 am »

Rated this 6/10.
It was a funny episode but it lacks more action scenes.
I liked the parta where Aang says, "Hey there, Avatar Kyoshi here" and Avatar Kyoshi's arrival and "confession".
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by nonamk, resized by me.

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2008 07:25 pm »

This was a really good ep.  I wasn't sure how Aang was going to get out of being thrown into the boiling oil, though.  But he came through with the help of the gaang.  Luvz da gaang!

ULG,KLF

Sig by me. Brushes by Stephanie. my dA
I keep Kakashi's Anbu mask. Kakashi's sword & sweet lips.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: