Nov 24, 2014 08:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theories about what happened to the ATLA characters  (Read 25765 times)
worldends08
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #550 on: Jul 30, 2011 02:06 am »

^I know; and I still considered the possibility of M&B going back on her prediction. (It's their story. They'll write it any way they choose.) By the way, NICE "Avatar."

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
familyyguy
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #551 on: Jul 30, 2011 02:17 am »

Aunt Wu was wrong. She promised Katara a "tall" man.

worldends08
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #552 on: Jul 30, 2011 02:33 am »

^I think Tenzin's proof of Aang's possible height as an adult.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Smellerbee
Scariest Kite Ever

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #553 on: Jul 30, 2011 09:12 am »

Aunt Wu was wrong. She promised Katara a "tall" man.

*looks through transcripts* When was this said?

I think Tenzin's proof of Aang's possible height as an adult.

Yeah, it would be weird if Aang stayed short his entire life...

I hope nothing horrible happens to any of the characters... I hope, if anything, they all die peacefully. Gaahh...too much hope.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am by Smellerbee » Logged

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
NeeNee
Global Moderator
Scariest Kite Ever

Who, me?

« Reply #554 on: Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am »

Yeah, Tenzin is huge. Would Aang have been like that?

It's hard to imagine.

Iyineda
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #555 on: Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am »

^

Why is it hard to imagine? We only saw Aang's height when he was only 12-13. Boy's grow faster after they hit 16-17. Tenzin may be taller than adult Aang, and that isn't hard to believe because kids usually grow taller than their parents.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011 01:52 pm by Iyineda » Logged

- All about earthbending awesomeness and Toph's legacy -
drhorrible61
Scariest Kite Ever

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #556 on: Jul 30, 2011 10:35 am »

^It's hard to imagine in the way that it's hard to imagine anyone growing up really.  I can't picture anyone I know who's that age as adults, it's odd.

Keeper of Suki and Foamy\'s awkward foam filled first date, Sokka and Zuko\'s friendship, Ikki\'s ability to incessantly talk, Jinora\'s love of reading, the Te
heretic
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #557 on: Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am »

Nah Azula is alive. Lol, I think she will be in the series.
I still vote for Azula being Korra's master... and Korra still being mildly shell-shocked from it when reminded.
familyyguy
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #558 on: Jul 30, 2011 05:02 pm »

I still never understood why Azula shot blue fire?

FOXP2
Can't handle Debate & Discussion
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #559 on: Jul 30, 2011 05:40 pm »

Wait, people think Aunt Wu was legit?

Lol, I say to you! Lol!

She did "see" that aang was going to be involved in a world dependent battle between good and evil, then again she may have been smart enough to notice he was the avatar, but then she certianly played a good act pretending she didn't know.

I think its possible Katara is still alive, don't really care if she is or not, we got new characters now.
Loopy
Negative Spirit
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #560 on: Jul 30, 2011 06:38 pm »

I think Aunt Wu stumbled across the Epic Destiny prediction accidentally. She seemed pretty freaked out by it. I bet she uses real fortune-telling methods that at one time existed in a form that could actually tell the future, and Aang's destiny was so Epic that she managed to pick up some resonance when she did her bone thing. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I'm not sure how that can be, because the little numbers disappear on mine when the battery runs out.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Katara16
Scariest Kite Ever

Want some?

« Reply #561 on: Jul 30, 2011 06:43 pm »

I still never understood why Azula shot blue fire?

It was supposed to mean that her fire is hotter, because apparently blue flames are hotter than red flames.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
familyyguy
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #562 on: Jul 30, 2011 07:30 pm »

It was supposed to mean that her fire is hotter, because apparently blue flames are hotter than red flames.

I know that but how come the firelord didn't have blue fire.

Katara16
Scariest Kite Ever

Want some?

« Reply #563 on: Jul 30, 2011 07:37 pm »

^Probably because he wasn't a firebending prodigy like Azula.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
FOXP2
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #564 on: Jul 30, 2011 08:48 pm »

I think Aunt Wu stumbled across the Epic Destiny prediction accidentally. She seemed pretty freaked out by it. I bet she uses real fortune-telling methods that at one time existed in a form that could actually tell the future, and Aang's destiny was so Epic that she managed to pick up some resonance when she did her bone thing. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I'm not sure how that can be, because the little numbers disappear on mine when the battery runs out.

Well I think that Aunt Wu was a fictional one time character and that she has no back story or reasoning for assuming her word has any value now...  checkmate.
sadmonkey
Scariest Kite Ever

he plots his revenge.

« Reply #565 on: Jul 30, 2011 09:29 pm »

Well I think that Aunt Wu was a fictional one time character and that she has no back story or reasoning for assuming her word has any value now...  checkmate.

Aunt Wu being a fictional character is irrelevant in a universe that is fictional. -_-  Her method of divination, reading bone cracks to predict the future, was taken from the Chinese diviners 3000 years ago who used the same technique to read the "Oracle bones".   There was planning that went into her character.

Furthermore, the only "value" her word ever had was what it inspired in the person whose fortune she read.  Those people, with surefire confidence that it is their "destiny" to do Such and Such (whatever Aunt Wu predicts), uknowingly fulfill it themselves.  

or at least thats what I got from it..
Loopy
Negative Spirit
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #566 on: Jul 31, 2011 03:15 pm »

No, I think FOXP2 is on the right track. Wink I wasn't 100% serious about what I posted, and I've used Aunt Wu's actual predictive abilities in fanfics I've written. I even read some articles about I Ching divination in order to get some more fortune-telling methods that I could use without copying the cartoon.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Andromeda
Scariest Kite Ever

He was Number Wan!

« Reply #567 on: Jul 31, 2011 06:31 pm »

Nah Azula is alive. Lol, I think she will be in the series.
I still vote for Azula being Korra's master... and Korra still being mildly shell-shocked from it when reminded.
LOL, that's been my crack theory for over a year now! I love the idea of mostly-sane-but-still- terrifying Azula putting Korra through her paces, and Korra having mild PTSD from the experience.
FOXP2
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #568 on: Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm »

Aunt Wu being a fictional character is irrelevant in a universe that is fictional. -_-  Her method of divination, reading bone cracks to predict the future, was taken from the Chinese diviners 3000 years ago who used the same technique to read the "Oracle bones".   There was planning that went into her character.

yes and? Does this tell us anything about katara being alive or not?

Furthermore, the only "value" her word ever had was what it inspired in the person whose fortune she read.  Those people, with surefire confidence that it is their "destiny" to do Such and Such (whatever Aunt Wu predicts), uknowingly fulfill it themselves.

Wait a minute how can a fictional character inspire another fictional character? They don't exist, they are a facade, an illusion of a person or being! Ergo Aunt Wu may have only existed to push the moral lesson of that episode, nothing more, any prediction stated by her may have no further value.

Note I said "may", perhaps Bryke will make her predictions accurate in an attempt to connect this series to the old on in an interesting and obscure way. Either way it does not matter to me, I'm now fine with all the old characters dead, some of them dead, what ever, the new characters look interesting enough to keep my attention.   
SushiKing
Scariest Kite Ever

A wise man once said "Be The Leaaaf".

« Reply #569 on: Aug 01, 2011 08:29 am »

Reading through this thread, it breaks my heart when someone says someone from the original gang dies or died Cry

Keeper of everything in A:TLA and TLOK. kthxbi.
familyyguy
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #570 on: Aug 02, 2011 03:34 am »

Reading through this thread, it breaks my heart when someone says someone from the original gang dies or died Cry

Truth hurts.

Exiled Prince
Scariest Kite Ever

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #571 on: Aug 05, 2011 12:22 am »

It's hard to imagine.

Biology is a crazy thing. Before you know it, Tenzin would probably grow a full mustche and beard at the age of 13.

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #572 on: Aug 07, 2011 10:18 pm »

It's hard to imagine.

lol true, true

Biology is a crazy thing. Before you know it, Tenzin would probably grow a full mustche and beard at the age of 13.

If Attitudes are contagious is my attitude worth catching.
Merdok1993
Scariest Kite Ever

Kataang&Makorra!

« Reply #573 on: Aug 09, 2011 09:26 pm »

Shouldn't Katara still be alive? Aunt Wu said she'd die peacefully in her sleep just as her third great grandchild was born... Lol. Tenzin is the only character we know of with any children, and those would just be her grandkids.

EDIT: Hehe. My bad, I just now saw the posts on this at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011 09:36 pm by Fruitloopzbabi66 » Logged

Meredith!
Kataang&Makorra
Thanks for the set, Britney!
Long time site moderator of Dongbufeng
NeeNee
Global Moderator
Scariest Kite Ever

Who, me?

« Reply #574 on: Aug 09, 2011 09:36 pm »

^ He has two older siblings that we know nothing about. They could have grandchildren.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: