Dec 15, 2019 06:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK Shipping Thread (don't get your scarf up in a knot!)  (Read 1006866 times)
iPromise
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 31, 2010 12:22 am »

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Keep the shipping conversation at a PG-13 level or below. Remember that ASN is a family-friendly website and that there could be young children reading the thread. You can discuss any ship you want, but you MUST keep the conversation non-explicit.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 7-day probation, but if an offense is serious enough it could warrant a 7-day ban instead. Any infraction after the first probation will result in a 7-day ban. No appeals.

Additional Rules:
  • No knicker twisting, purple or otherwise Smiley
  • DO NOT post images that are too big (more than 100-300 kb); link to them instead.
  • Please don't post many (~10+) images in a single post.
  • Raunchy images are NOT ALLOWED (see giant warning above about keeping it PG-13 or below).
  • LINKS to raunchy images are NOT ALLOWED EITHER (same reason as above).
  • And for the love of cabbages, if you want to quote a post with lots of images, turn the images into links.

Mod edit 1 -- "Romance" and "Korra Couples You Support" merged into a single thread, and the title is now changed to "TLOK Shipping Thread" to make it obvious. ~SMBH

Mod edit 2 -- Added the above shipping thread rules, copied verbatim from the shipping threads in the ATLA board. ~SMBH

Original post:

Think there is going to be any romance / love in the new series? I'm guessing that Tenzin and Korra might get along, but who knows xD What do you think?

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 07:09 pm by SMBH » Logged
Average Joe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know your screwed when a Ocean Spirit is mad.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:24 am »

Tenzin will probaly be 20 years older than Korra O_o

representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:27 am »

From http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-legend-of-korra-interview

On whether or not we'd see a love interest for Korra: "We love that stuff.  We're total cornballs, we love cheesy teen romance.  Rest assured, there's plenty or romance happening in the story, but it's the same balance of ingredients that we like."

I'm almost positive Korra will have a love interest. I really hope it isn't Tenzin though. That would be a little bit:
iPromise
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:28 am »

Yeah thats true, but you never know, hehehe Tongue Meela + Korra? Morra? Hahaha.
representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:30 am »

I personally hope Korra's love interest hasn't been introduced yet. I'm hoping there aren't only three main characters.
YellowButterfly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:31 am »

I recall reading something that said that there would deffintally be some type of romance. But I can't remember the exact place I saw it. If I come across it again I'll send it to you. Other then that I think there will be someone for Korra who will be like "Hey nice watter whip.*Winks*"  Cheesy
representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:31 am »

^Points to my earlier post
Katara16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Want some?

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:33 am »

Think there is going to be any romance / love in the new series? I'm guessing that Tenzin and Korra might get along, but who knows xD What do you think?

If it's a miniseries, I don't see there any romance being in the show.  There wouldn't enough time to really explore the relationship and allowed it to develop.  Unless, Korra's love interest is introduced in the first episode.  Even then, I think it would hard keep it mixed up with action, drama, and comedy.  But, if is a 20 episode series, then I feel that there is 80% chance that there will be some romance.

If so, I doubt it would be Tenzin and Korra.  The teacher-student romance thing has already been played out with Aang and Katara.  I think their relationship will more like Zuko and Iroh's and Aang and Gyasho's.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
Average Joe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am »

^ now hold on a second it hasn't been totally confirmed that it's a miniseries, even If it is they can find to fit in romance

representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:35 am »

I think they can still develop a romance, even if it is a miniseries. I mean, they develop romances in movies all the time, and those are usually only 1.5 - 2 hours
Katara16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Want some?

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:40 am »

I think they can still develop a romance, even if it is a miniseries. I mean, they develop romances in movies all the time, and those are usually only 1.5 - 2 hours

True.  But honestly, those kind of storylines only work in romantic comedies.  Most action movies that have romance in it keep the romance subtle and...a low-key part of the story.  A perfect example would be the Jason Bourne series.

^ now hold on a second it hasn't been totally confirmed that it's a miniseries

That's why I said 'if it's a miniseries'.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2010 12:44 am by Katara16 » Logged

"Ughhh!!"

LMBO
Average Joe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:45 am »

^ oops I'm terribly sorry using an itouch words are small :S

representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:47 am »

True.  But honestly, those kind of storylines only work in romantic comedies.  Most action movies that have romance in it keep the romance subtle and...a low-key part of the story.  A perfect example would be the Jason Bourne series.

Yeah, but a 12 episode miniseries will be longer than the average action movie, giving them time to work a romance in.
iamaang92
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:48 am »

True.  But honestly, those kind of storylines only work in romantic comedies.  Most action movies that have romance in it keep the romance subtle and...a low-key part of the story.  A perfect example would be the Jason Bourne series.

^ now hold on a second it hasn't been totally confirmed that it's a miniseries

That's why I said 'if it's a miniseries'.

Except that if you look in the article, when it asks about love interests for Korra, they pretty much say there is going to be romance.

LOK and Makorra are great
Keeper of Tho's "No wonder you left", Aang's "It's a compliment!", Katara's "Sugar Queen?" and Ozai's "I have all the power in the world!"
iPromise
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 31, 2010 12:58 am »

So, lets put down everything we've got.

With the supporting information given by Nickelodeon, there will be romance in the series. Mini-series or not, there will be romance, thats one.

Two, if there will be romance 12 episodes won't be enough to fit everything, thus, this gives us a higher possibility of obtaining a full 20 episode or so series.

Three, we don't know much about the characters, but i'm assuming Korra will have romance with another main character, or maybe some character we don't already know of.

Conclusion: Either way, there is going to be romance in The Legend of Korra, and the creators did say the series will have more "mature" topics / elements. So its safe to say we'll be seeing some kissing, etc. As for 'who' the romance will be with, thats a big question mark. We don't have enough supporting information to make any accurate predictions as of now, but i'm sure in the future when there is more information given by Nick, we can investigate the romance topic further more.
representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:01 am »

So basically we know there will be romance, but can't really speculate further than that at this point.

I have a feeling this thread is going to fade away until we get more info. Then, someone will make a shipping topic, and one of the moderators will link back to this one. I'm posting this just so that, if I'm right, I can boast about it later lol   Grin
iamaang92
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:02 am »

I said it in another thread too, but I'm shipping Keelo

LOK and Makorra are great
Keeper of Tho's "No wonder you left", Aang's "It's a compliment!", Katara's "Sugar Queen?" and Ozai's "I have all the power in the world!"
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:06 am »

If it's a miniseries, I don't see there any romance being in the show.  There wouldn't enough time to really explore the relationship and allowed it to develop.

It doesn't have to be as big as Kataang.  Yue and Sokka had a relationship develop fairly well in only three episodes, and Sokka and Suki seemed to do fine after only two episodes together before season 3.

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Katara16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Want some?

« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:22 am »

In my defense, I learn about this series on this very night while browsing the Avatar Wiki website.  The only article I've read pertaining to LoK is the article that confirms the series.  So every post I've written today have been based off my opinions and that article.

"Ughhh!!"

LMBO
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #19 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:30 am »

^That's fine, so have <ahem> SOME of mine.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
BboyAang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 31, 2010 01:33 am »

To everyone whom wanted a full series:
(Credit goes to High Elemental, he or she posted this on the "Korra News/Image Repository" I'm just a simple Monk lol)"Ed Liu over at Toon Zone has inquired about what Korra is to Nick. They replied that its a full series, not a mini-series. But its length is still not definite, so far only 12 episodes have been confirmed."

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3657354&postcount=324
The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #21 on: Jul 31, 2010 02:27 am »

Well there will definitely be romance in this series, its in an interview by Bryke...

On whether or not we'd see a love interest for Korra: "We love that stuff.  We're total cornballs, we love cheesy teen romance.  Rest assured, there's plenty or romance happening in the story, but it's the same balance of ingredients that we like."
Source: http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-legend-of-korra-interview

I'm hoping at this point Korra's love interest, if she has one, hasn't been introduced yet. I don't really see Meelo getting with Korra for some reason.

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 31, 2010 10:18 am »

Considering a 5 year old reportedly auditioned for the role of Meelo, I wouldn't expect him to be old enough to be Korra's love interest. At least, I hope not. Otherwise...

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #23 on: Jul 31, 2010 10:31 am »

Romance needs to stay at a minimum.

I can just picture it:
Korra: I'm Korra. I'm the Avatar.
Huh?: I'm Huh?
(fastforward through the series)
Korra: Well, it seems the violence is dying down in Republic City. I guess I should move on and help out the people elsewhere. Want to come?
Huh?: Sure. I've got nothing else to do.
Tenzin: Don't I get a say in this?!
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2010 11:10 am by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Imperception
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ride the pig, Aang!

« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2010 11:29 am »

I think, if anything, Korra will have a slight crush on Tenzin.  I would be a nice touch.  Tough girl, ready to take on the city, ends up finding a soft spot for her teacher, something that (hopefully!) wll never happen.  That would serve as pretty good character development, too.

I'm almost positive Korra will have a love interest. I really hope it isn't Tenzin though. That would be a little bit:

That was spit-take worthy.  Well done.  But despite the laughs, I think the love interest will only be one way.  And poor Tenzin shall be the victim

Do One Thing. Together we make a world of difference.
Zuko's Diary. My fanfic...
Keeps: Hahn's awesome hairflips, Lee's smile, Yon Rha's cowardice, and Sokkaslice!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: