Dec 15, 2019 06:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tenzin  (Read 229584 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #2400 on: Jun 27, 2013 12:22 am »

Let's not forget the fact that Lin remained bitter for a least a decade towards Tenzin and taking some of it on Korra (who didn't really have nothing to with the fallout) suggests that the break up wasn't mutual. Only time will tell if we get a full detail on what really happened.

I can understand why Lin would be bitter over Tenzin avoiding her, but I never understood why she took it out on Korra. It seemed pretty clear at first that the Chief resisted the Avatar going vigilante in the city and causing the infamous property damage, but Tenzin made it sound as though she was taking out her frustration at him the whole time.

The Avatar is Lin's ex-boyfriend's student/foster daughter, but she had nothing to do with their break-up. If Lin doesn't resent the airbabies, why does she misplace her anger on the reincarnation of her favorite uncle?   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2401 on: Jun 27, 2013 02:44 am »

^ Aang may have indirectly done something that made Tenzin's decision on breaking up with Lin. We know that Lin and Aang got on really well by what Tenzin says, but that could have changed if Aang accidentally did something that influenced Tenzin.

Or on a sadder note, Tenzin had Jinora about five years after Aang's death, right? So maybe during that time he began focusing more and more on wanting to have kids because he was spurred on by Aang passing away and leaving him as the last actual airbender in the world. He may have been in the middle of a relationship with Lin at the time, and that may have been the breaking point where he leaves her because she didn't want kids while he did.

TLDR; Lin's reasons for harboring some anger towards Korra may not be just because of Tenzin. Aang's passing may have influenced Tenzin to focus on starting a family while Lin didn't want to have kids, resulting in a break-up.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2402 on: Jun 27, 2013 08:35 am »

^Tenzin had Jinora 7 years after Aang's death (Korra is 17 and Jinora is 10).

Aang's death probably had something to do with the fallout. Tenzin and Lin were in their early thirties at the time and that's usually the age where you debate whether or not you want to settle down. I think Lin would've known that sooner or later Tenzin would want to have kids since the fate of the airbenders are all on him. And seeing how stubbornness is part of Lin's characters I'd say chances are that she was probably too stubborn to admit that it wasn't going to work out but stayed with Tenzin anyway because they had an "image" to maintain in RC by having the children of the greatest benders in the world to be together.

I also think there's chance that Lin may have severed ties with Tenzin's family because of the awkwardness of being the ex-girlfriend. Do you think it's because she was afraid that Katara and Tenzin's siblings blamed her for the breakup?
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2403 on: Jun 27, 2013 08:54 am »

^ I don't see how. From what I gather, Bumi and Kya are probably good friends with Lin so they most likely wouldn't have. Tenzin isnn't dishonest, so if he was the one who did the breaking up then he would have told them sooner or later.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2404 on: Jun 27, 2013 10:30 am »

^ Maybe something happened to Toph while she was on the job as Chief of Police. Lin may have been fairly young at the time, although this would happen sometime after the incident with Yakone. For all we know, Lin could be scared to have any kids because she's afraid about what will happen to them if she gets killed or hurt in the line of duty.
Depending on when Menopause is for Lin, it would probably be too late for her to have kids if she wanted any. Her best bet is adoption.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #2405 on: Jun 27, 2013 10:50 am »

I could definitely see her not wanting to bring kids into this cruel city. Both because they'd get in the way of her sworn duty to the city, and because she doesn't think RC is a place to expose children to.

I could also see her take in a child in trouble, who manages to break through her armour. It gives her an heir to her knowledge, talent and cause. I'd say the Robin to her batman, but then things get weird in my head Tongue

In the end, it is very clear and inevitable tenzin's and Lin's lives were always going in very different directions.
Following their elements, Tenzin went with it, and as much as he may regret, he doesn't dwell on it. Lin OTOH I think she fought. Hard. Fate is just too big a rock to push back.

She may resent his way of dealing with it, as 'giving up too easily'
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2013 10:53 am by Yougo » Logged

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2406 on: Jun 27, 2013 06:07 pm »

Is RC that cruel a city? It's way better than Philadelphia, Energybending bomber terrorists notwithstanding.

Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2407 on: Jun 27, 2013 09:12 pm »

^ Yeah, I never got the vibe that Republic City is a incredibly cruel and terrible place to live in.

Judging by the technology level of the world at the time, the Earth Kingdom would be a more likely candidate for that position. You've got millions of people still living under a absolute monarchy in a world where technology is developing at a incredibly fast pace, mirroring the situation Imperial China found itself in the early 1900's.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #2408 on: Jun 28, 2013 12:03 am »

When you are Lin, you get to see the city from the bottom up. Underground slum districts, gang wars, Mafia, street kids, equalist maniacs, a sleeping council with a general policy best described as intensely beige, and a rogue avatar to ruin your donut moments. It's a warzone.

Besides, it goes with the whole Batman thing.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013 12:08 am by Yougo » Logged

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2409 on: Jun 28, 2013 01:38 am »

^ Batlin.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print