Oct 16, 2019 04:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tenzin  (Read 228564 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 23, 2010 01:46 pm »

"Tenzin is the son of Aang and Katara in the upcoming series Avatar: Legend of Korra. He is knowledgable in Airbending, and the new Avatar Korra is searching to find him and learn from him. Not much is known about Tenzin so far, as Legend of Korra will not come out until 2011." - Avatar Wiki

Sounds pretty sweeeet. I wonder if the'yre going to combine Aang and Katara's face, rather then just randomly make a new guy. Awwww... he' could have , like,, copper skinned, but with Aang's grey eyes, ang naturally spontanious, just like Aang - that would be so cute. <3
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2012 01:59 am by SMBH » Logged

"In our darkest times, hope is something we give ourselves. That is the meaning of inner strength."
- Iroh
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2010 01:50 pm »

Putting my male ego aside, I'm happy to hear the name of one of Katara&Aang's canon children. He could have felt a loner as a child, because he was possibly the one Airbender in his family (well it sounds like that since Korra's searching for him).

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:19 pm »

Since we know next to nothing about him, there's not much I can talk about. I have to comment on how fitting I think his name is, though. It's a stroke of brilliance. Tenzin Gyatso is the current Dalai Lama. So, that's pretty sweet. I wonder how old they'll make him. Thirties? Forties? Fifties? Older? They could find a way to make him younger but I don't know how that'll pan out.
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:20 pm »

I wonder how interracial babies work in the Avatar world. Can Tenzin water & air bend?

As far as his looks are concerned, I imagine him as being darker than Aang, but lighter than Katara. His eyes are either hazel like his father's or blue like his mother's and I'm really hoping it'll be blue. He might choose to honor his 1/2 Air Nomad ancestry and shave his head (maybe even have the arrow tattoos?) or grow hair.

Also which of his cultural identities will he choose to identify with more? The Air Nomad side, or the Water Tribe side?
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 02:22 pm by Jaydeazyy » Logged
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:21 pm »

I wonder how old they'll make him. Thirties? Forties? Fifties? Older?

I've been wondering this very same thing since the press release came out! Cheesy

I hope he's in his 30s or 40s, though I wouldn't mind if he turns out to be older. I don't think he'll be younger than 30-something though, unless Aang and Katara had him very late in life -- which I guess is still possible, but I'm leaning more towards Tenzin being older than younger.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:22 pm »

^Hmm, I think besides fan theories, Mike and Bryan mentioned any child born from two different benders has the chance to bend one of the two, or may be born a non-bender.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:23 pm »

I don't think he's an airbender. (The title of Avatar: The Last Airbender says otherwise.)

Back in the first Korra thread before the board was made someone mentioned the idea of Aang's family being taught the ways of airbending while not being able to bend, so that they could pass the art to the next generation of Avatar. I like that idea if he can't bend.

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:23 pm »

Can Tenzin water & air bend?

Mike and Bryan once said in an interview that Aang and Katara's children could be airbenders or waterbenders or nonbenders. The only person that can bend more than one element is the Avatar, so it's highly unlikely that we'll find any multibenders.

Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:24 pm »

^Hmm, I think besides fan theories, Mike and Bryan mentioned any child born from two different benders has the chance to bend one of the two, or may be born a non-bender.
But since they say he'll be Korra's airbending teacher it's safe to assume he can air bend (I really hope he can do both though. It'd be nice to see a dual-bender lol). However we don't know if he's considered a master, and Korra just wants to be taught by him because she has no other choice.
Awntu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

But...why is the tea always gone?

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:25 pm »

I find it funny how everyone was saying they wouldn't watch Korra if it had a Kataang descendant, and now they seem to have completely forgotten that. x)

Keeper of Iroh's creepy expression(otherwise known as Creepiroh)
  Play the Creepiroh game!
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:26 pm »

However we don't know if he's considered a master, and Korra just wants to be taught by him because she has no other choice.

It may well be possible that Tenzin is Korra's only option for learning airbending, if Aang and Katara's other children didn't come out airbenders (or if he has no siblings).

But if he does have other airbending siblings, it would be interesting to see how it's him that ends up being the airbending sifu. Maybe he's the oldest? Maybe he's the only master? Maybe Korra just liked him better than the rest?

I find it funny how everyone was saying they wouldn't watch Korra if it had a Kataang descendant, and now they seem to have completely forgotten that. x)

Not everyone was saying that...

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:27 pm »

Be awesome if Tenzin's a bit of a flake. He is his father's son after all. Someone that would rather do something like Bonsai gardening than teach Korra.

I also wonder if Tenzin's an only child. He could have a younger sibling that he might suggest Korra learn from than him, but Korra might not want to learn from someone close to her age like the last Avatar did.

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:27 pm »

I think they were saying that if Korra was the Kataang descendant. She's not.
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:31 pm »

Be awesome if Tenzin's a bit of a flake. He is his father's son after all. Someone that would rather do something like Bonsai gardening than teach Korra.

I also wonder if Tenzin's an only child. He could have a younger sibling that he might suggest Korra learn from than him, but Korra might not want to learn from someone close to her age like the last Avatar did.
That would take all the attention off Tenzin though. Why would the creators publicly confirm him if they intended on having more of Kataang's children? Why not confirm them as well?

Although if he did have siblings, it'd be interesting if one of them was the central villain.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:34 pm »

Why would the creators publicly confirm him if they intended on having more of Kataang's children? Why not confirm them as well?

Maybe they don't want to distract from him being the sifu. Or maybe any siblings he may have aren't important to the plot of Korra. Or maybe they're part of an important plot point they don't want to give away. Or maybe they haven't decided yet if Tenzin will have siblings.

The possibilities are endless! Cheesy

Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:35 pm »

wish we had more confirmed info on legend of korra. the possibilities are way too endless to come to any sensible conclusions.
representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:37 pm »

I really hope Tenzin isn't some super-serious mentor type like Jeong Jeong. I really think he should inherit at least a little bit of goofiness from his father. Since Korra is supposed to be hotheaded and rebellious, it would be nice to cast Tenzin as a bit of a foil to her by making him laid back and fun-loving.

2 Seriously, I thought with the subforum this was over lol
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:37 pm »

That would take all the attention off Tenzin though. Why would the creators publicly confirm him if they intended on having more of Kataang's children? Why not confirm them as well?

Although if he did have siblings, it'd be interesting if one of them was the central villain.

Because Korra winds up learning from Tenzin anyway. Or his younger sibling winds up in trouble somehow. I'd imagine a direct descendant of Aang would be a target in some way to the anti-benders.

They've only confirmed two characters anyway, and I doubt Tenzin's the villain. (Though he could be and that would be friggin' awesome.) Other characters of equal, or even greater importance, as Tenzin are going to appear as we go forward. Saying that Aang and Katara had more than one child isn't too out of the question.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 02:40 pm by Eman5805 » Logged

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:38 pm »

I'm prety sure Tenzin has to airbend. I mean, he is  Aang's son, and he teaches Korra airbending - the last element she has to learn.
also, i pictured him kinda young, like late twenties, i dunno. but i guess its make more sense if he's older. eh, either way Smiley

"In our darkest times, hope is something we give ourselves. That is the meaning of inner strength."
- Iroh
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:38 pm »

wish we had more confirmed info on legend of korra. the possibilities are way too endless to come to any sensible conclusions.

They're slightly less endless now than they were when the only thing we had was a title Tongue

PiElord
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Team Optimism 團隊樂觀

« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:40 pm »

You should've seen the site when all we had was the name of the show...

"Can you imagine what I could do, if I would do all I can?"
- Sun Tzu
The Village of Anquan
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:43 pm »

Because Korra winds up learning from Tenzin anyway. Or his younger sibling winds up in trouble somehow. I'd imagine a direct descendant of Aang would be a target in some way to the anti-benders.
Why would they care about a previous Avatar's descendant though? It's not like he's at all special.
I really hope Tenzin isn't some super-serious mentor type like Jeong Jeong. I really think he should inherit at least a little bit of goofiness from his father. Since Korra is supposed to be hotheaded and rebellious, it would be nice to cast Tenzin as a bit of a foil to her by making him laid back and fun-loving.

2 Seriously, I thought with the subforum this was over lol
I don't think personality traits are passed down genetically. I think it has to do with how he was raised. I think motherly/nurturing Katara & fun loving/free spirited Aang did a good job raising him though. Unless something happened in his childhood that messed him up.
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2010 02:51 pm »

Why would they care about a previous Avatar's descendant though? It's not like he's at all special.

I'm just throwing theories around as I go, buddy. But let's see....

Well. Doubt the world population of Airbenders is above the fingers on one hand, even assuming Aang has more than just a son.

If there are anti bender revolts, I'd think the bender there's the fewest # of would be especially targeted. I mean, even among other benders, a single airbender wouldn't have anyone to have his back. After all, they say life is like high school (on TV) but bigger. Different means you stand out like a sore thumb, which is an odd phrase, imo.

The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2010 04:59 pm »

It may well be possible that Tenzin is Korra's only option for learning airbending, if Aang and Katara's other children didn't come out airbenders (or if he has no siblings).

This is what I believe, from what we know Tenzin will be the only Airbender in this series. From how Aang was literally the last Airbender in ATLA, there shouldn't be no one else that can Airbend. Later in life he has a kid that happens to be an Airbender to pass on knowledge from Aang and so forth, lets hope the Airbenders don't get totally wiped out. That would suck alot!

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2010 05:05 pm »

This is what I believe, from what we know Tenzin will be the only Airbender in this series. From how Aang was literally the last Airbender in ATLA, there shouldn't be no one else that can Airbend. Later in life he has a kid that happens to be an Airbender to pass on knowledge from Aang and so forth, lets hope the Airbenders don't get totally wiped out. That would suck alot!
If we can interpret Aunt Wu's fortune telling as canon then it's most likely he has/will have three kids.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: