Nov 21, 2018 02:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 68 (36.8%)
9 - 50 (27%)
8 - 39 (21.1%)
7 - 21 (11.4%)
6 - 2 (1.1%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 179

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [116] The Deserter  (Read 21520 times)
Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #125 on: Dec 14, 2010 09:18 pm »

i dont think he cared about the moon anymore than zhaowy did, he maybe thought that if it wren't for iroh, the northern water tribe would've been cheese. or he just saw it as iroh attacking a highly ranked general in the middle of an attempted obliteration of the northern water tribe.

Keeper of Ozai's Ozainess,
Keeper of The Monkey
Keeper of "Doctor please, I don't think that arm goes in there."
I hope I stole your post.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #126 on: Dec 15, 2010 11:02 am »

A Day in the life of jeong jeong Cheesy

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Fionordequester
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #127 on: Dec 15, 2010 07:14 pm »

Kiss me, I'm wangsty

Lol.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #128 on: Dec 18, 2010 10:55 pm »

Honestly, did zhao really think he could beat the avatar and his soldiers can capture a legendary firebender?

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #129 on: Feb 02, 2011 01:59 pm »

It's even worse when you're reading a story from the past, like the famous Asian novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", in which the main hero goes to a villagers house, only for the villager to fail to catch any fish for him to eat for dinner.  How does he respond?  The villager then proceeds to MURDER HIS WIFE, cut her up, cook her meat, and serve it to the hero.  And when the hero, Liu Bei, finds out, what does he do?  Not only is he NOT angry in anyway, he actually bows to the man, and tearfully THANKS him for his "sacrifice".  Not only that, but when the mans lord finds out about that, he's awarded 100 ounces of silver for his action!

Said lord was Cao Cao. He also had a strategist by the name of Cheng Yu who once, when faced with a shortage of food, had his own civilans choped up for food. This however, Cao Cao did not appreciate.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
aangy22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #130 on: Feb 12, 2011 09:10 pm »

I liked this episode. It is so sad though that Aang said he will never fire bend again. I know he has to eventually, but he could use the practice. Not to mention it would probably help out a lot fighting other fire benders.
newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #131 on: Feb 27, 2011 05:36 pm »

Definitely a good episode. Established the godliness of Jeong Jeong if nothing else Tongue

Not to mention this epi is pretty important later in the series.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #132 on: Feb 28, 2011 05:53 pm »

Fantastic episode! Easily in my top 5 of Book 1. I love the festival, Jeong Jeong and Aang taunting Zhao! Smiley

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Hawkflame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Don't cross the Melon Lord

« Reply #133 on: Oct 05, 2013 10:58 am »

Not a bad one, and a decent recovery after Bato of the Water Tribe.

First off, I'd like to point out that Sokka- again, totally right, on it being smart to stay away from the festival.  I like it to see the skeptic proven correct every so often.

Otherwise the standouts for this episode were Jeong Jeong and Aang.  aang again shows how even though he's the Avatar, he's still a kid, and like a kid he can be extremely impatient.  And you need patience in order to truly master something as potentially dangerous as firebending.  Otherwise, it can be very dangerous, as Katara painfully learned. 

I liked Jeong Jeong as the cantankerous old master.  He's not a bad guy, but just takes firebending very seriouslyand doesn't respect those who don't respect the diligence and patience that go into mastering it. 
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #134 on: Oct 06, 2013 06:19 pm »

First off, I'd like to point out that Sokka- again, totally right, on it being smart to stay away from the festival.  I like it to see the skeptic proven correct every so often.

This is why Sokka is the closest thing I have to an identity character in the show.

BloodbenderBeast
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I've lost my life in water tribe....

« Reply #135 on: Nov 27, 2013 02:33 pm »

This epizode really stole my heart. When I was watching it, I remembered my first Waterbending lessons at my Taiji Academy - I was learning this same exercise as Aang (wu-ji) and I remember I hated it, too. But I listened my master and now, I can learn other moves, to move just like a waterbender.
Jeong Jeong was very special master of Firebending when he used positions from Waterbending, but I understand he wanted to be a waterbender healer. This epizode is really the best way for young martial arts students. In this epizode we look at the worst mistakes in learning martial arts and how it can be dangerous. Aang was only sad, not injured, so I can say he was lucky, but Katara gets burned really badly!!!

Be careful and ever listen your master!!!

Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Aug 30, 2014 07:27 am »

My favourite episode from Book 1. It's a pity that Jeong-Jeong wasn't in more episodes:(

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #137 on: Aug 30, 2014 01:49 pm »

I actually didn't see this one on TV. I only saw it once I got on the DVD, and it was a real treat. This made me wonder if Nick avoided showing this particular episode because it showed Aang playing with fire.

And it goes to show how unrelated to the plot this episode was. The only time it was mention and I went "Wait, what?" was the episode with Guru Pathik. But it's still my favorite if not one of my favorites from book 1 for sure.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #138 on: Dec 31, 2014 12:01 pm »

I agree. Sokka is great. I am glad that this show treats people like him with dignity by allowing them to be right most of the time.

Anyway, I found this episode pretty fogetable. It didn't do anything wrong, it just does not stand out when compared to other episodes. I liked Jeong-Jeong as well as Chey, however, both of them are fascinating characters with their little quirks. I also like seeing the gaang being tested. It seemed as if they were really going to break apart during this episode or the one previous. So props to the writers for portraying believeable drama, without of course, making it hard to watch.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: