Nov 15, 2019 02:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amon -- Who is he? What is he? Why does he have those powers? Etc  (Read 253294 times)
Cactus Quench
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Us, and them

« on: Jul 22, 2010 09:26 pm »

What kind of Villain do you want for Korra?

I'm hoping for a high class Member of Republic Cities Parliament. He would be secretly funding the Anti-Benders, giving them money for Rifles and artillery. He would most likely be voiced by David Bowie or Tim Curry.

For the second Villain I want a hot headed leader of the Anti-Benders, being voiced by Jo Peschi.]

What aboot you?

Thread title edited to make it clear who this thread is about. ~SMBH

Thread title changed again. ~SMBH
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2012 12:51 pm by SMBH » Logged

FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:29 pm »

I don't know but I'm guessing your hoping there will be Mausers and Springfields involved  Wink
Cactus Quench
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Us, and them

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:31 pm »

I don't know but I'm guessing your hoping there will be Mausers and Springfields involved  Wink
I loves me the bolt actions. LOVES!

dtackle79
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"HAPPY BAHH DAY, DOO YOU"

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:32 pm »

as the main villian i'd want an intelligent, charming yet psychotic individual who pushes for the destruction of non benders, he'd be voiced by stephen dorf or steve blum. then as the secondary villian, he'd be a non bender pushing for the destruction of benders, but he'd be freakishly strong and durable. basically, a guy thats human but has abilites that teeters on the brink of superhuman. like a biscuit oliva from grappler baki, he'd be voiced by ted levine

edit: the secondary villian would be considered "the answer" to the eradication of benders.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 09:35 pm by dtackle79 » Logged
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:34 pm »

How about a completely psychotic yet charging individual that pushes benders into destruction?

Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:40 pm »

How about a foreigner to the Four Nations? It'll definitely add to the Avatar universe by suggesting there's more than just the four nations.
dtackle79
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"HAPPY BAHH DAY, DOO YOU"

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:40 pm »

How about a completely psychotic yet charging individual that pushes benders into destruction?

na, the other way around sounds alot more convincing to me. someone who would want an eradication towards a group that threatens their society would be someone of a snobby, uptight nature. like a senator kelly from x-men, tried and true. someone with superior abilites that can easily kill those who oppose him/her would automatically have an arrogance about them. plus the whole anarchy thing would come into play as well
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:43 pm »

How about a foreigner to the Four Nations? It'll definitely add to the Avatar universe by suggesting there's more than just the four nations.

You mean like an alien? Oh Oh and it will be blond!
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:46 pm »

Like you know how Americans were foreigners to the Japanese in the early 1900s? They introduced a lot to their country but at the same time it ruined their cultural identity.

Maybe a foreigner comes to the Four Nations and is threatening to undo the very fabric of their existence: bending.

The foreigner brings their customs to the Four Nations (a la steam punk aspects of Republic City), and somehow along the way an anti-bending revolution comes about. Maybe guns might get introduced to level the playing field between bender and non-bender? (although i hope not).
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 09:48 pm by Jaydeazyy » Logged
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:49 pm »

Like you know how Americans were foreigners to the Japanese in the early 1900s? They introduced a lot to their country but at the same time it ruined their cultural identity.

Maybe a foreigner comes to the Four Nations and is threatening to undo the very fabric of their existence: bending.

Its a nice idea but I don't feel it within the bound of the avatar world, literally! They start throwing in aliens and it might just make the world to incongruent to follow.
puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:50 pm »

Tenzin. Somehow. But gray.
Azula heading the rebellion by pretending to be a non-bender, waiting for the right moment to strike.
Zombie Jet heading the rebellion.
The Cabbage Merchant's son for revenge on those meddling kids that took out his cabbage kids.

Or maybe even...

Yeah. That'd be cool.

Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:51 pm »

Its a nice idea but I don't feel it within the bound of the avatar world, literally! They start throwing in aliens and it might just make the world to incongruent to follow.
Not like aliens from outer space lol. I mean like foreign immigrants. Like maybe the four nations isn't all there is to the Avatar world. Maybe it's only half the world.
thoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:53 pm »

The Cabbage Merchant. In the years after TLA, the rage of losing his cabbages has led him to blame the Avatar. Through medical science and bioengineering, he has changed his very DNA. He has mutated himself into being the worlds first... CABBAGE BENDER. His smelly reign of terror covers the world in greens as he seeks revenge on the one who disrespected the power of produce.

Joking aside, I have a few real ideas:

I'll start off by seconding your suggestion of a city official with a shady past. A kingpin type with dark connections to pretty much anything bad. However, he is never openly evil. Like Lex Luthor, he maintains the air of innocence, and commits his crimes behind closed doors.

I think more could be explored in the realm of "good guy who is bad", or "bad guy who thinks he is good". I can see a Harvey Dent like villain, a "white knight" who wants to rid the city of benders. Perhaps some bender thugs were responsible for the death of his family, and he'll stop at nothing to see "justice". He honestly thinks what he is doing is for the better, and he maintains a high level of honor. He wont stoop to what he sees as evil actions to get revenge. He wants a better world (by his definition of better), and to protect the people from benders, who he sees as an unrestrained and an uncontrollable ticking time bomb. He'll naturally feel confliction through interactions with Korra, and will have to face the fact that not all benders are evil, and some come to see and use their powers as a gift for good, not just as a weapon.

Next would be the anti-thesis of the white knight. We're talking Darth Vader here; a guy whose soul purpose is to rid the world of benders, and he will stop at nothing to do it. He'd burn an orphanage of puppies to the ground, this guy. He's secretly funded by the anti-bender politicians, and truth be told he really couldn't care less about benders or non benders. He's in it for the cash, and that makes him all the more dangerous. But that also puts him on rocky terms with the white knight, who is both on the same side as this guy, but at the same time opposes everything this guy stands for.

I'll post more as I think about them.

Signature by me
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:57 pm »

How about one of the good guys from A:TLA becomes a villain? lols
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:58 pm »

Not like aliens from outer space lol. I mean like foreign immigrants. Like maybe the four nations isn't all there is to the Avatar world. Maybe it's only half the world.

I find that doubtful the map looks very complete to me, it would be pushing it to just shove in an undiscovered continent when they already got both poles mapped.
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:59 pm »

The Avatar equivalent to Sparks from Girl Genius. Tongue

puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:01 pm »

Sokka: the only non-bender leads the non-bender rebellion. It can happen. XD
FlameOfZuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Does not ironic mean 'made entirely of iron?' :o

« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:03 pm »

^My theory was that Sokka was the one who killed Aang, actually. Cheesy

Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:04 pm »

I find that doubtful the map looks very complete to me, it would be pushing it to just shove in an undiscovered continent when they already got both poles mapped.
Damn. Forgot about the poles.
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:05 pm »

That would be a interesting, but those characters would be in their 80's and their is probably some ageism stereotype against competent 80 year old villains... even better to break that prejudice! If Sokka became evil, would he still be goofy, would be be evil goofy like Dr. Evil or something? I don't think anyone could take Sokka as evil seriously.
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:06 pm »

Plus it would probably lead to heavy character derailment.

puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:06 pm »

^^ If Sokka lost his smile, I would take him seriously. Though, there's just no way...

^My theory was that Sokka was the one who killed Aang, actually. Cheesy

What? How did that happen? Bottled up jealousy? XD
Jaydeazyy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:12 pm »

How about an antagonist from the spirit world? or something supernatural.

a bigger threat that stops the anti-bending revolution to focus on this antagonist.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 10:14 pm by Jaydeazyy » Logged
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:14 pm »

How about Korra as evil? Well I mean she start out as a "the means justify the ends" type (an anti-thesis to aang) and then works her way to uncompromising idealist (as aang was). With the very vague anti-bender premise it not a jump to have her over zealous in defending benders what with her being the bender zenith and all.  
GRUNT
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Makes art every once in a while.

« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:22 pm »

Somehow, I keep picturing the leader of the anti-bender movement to secretly be able to bend, and that she/he is controlling the movement in order to achieve some sinister ulterior motive.

It'll come down to Korra and her Krew busting into the badguy boss' chamber or whatever, thinking they've got her/him beat, and then discovering that she/he could actually bend and is in fact, a formidable combatant Tongue.

Of course, even a bending villain shouldn't be much of a challenge for Korra, if she can already control three of the four elements.  I would assume that Korra can not yet enter the Avatar State at will, or taking on badguys might be a little too easy Tongue.  

In any case, I'm guessing that the anti-bender revolution is just part of a greater plan by whoever the big bad is!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: