May 24, 2017 08:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting things noticed in Avatar - Part 3  (Read 172708 times)
flamehead23a
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

GET HYPE

« Reply #25 on: Sep 16, 2010 05:51 pm »

^ but then she could've beaten zuko in that biggest-face-scar contest once and for all!

TAS: Finale Act II now up!
Avi and sig by D-D-D-Danger!
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #26 on: Sep 16, 2010 08:25 pm »

^ Okay, that made me lol. Grin

But seriously, how long did it stay ice? Did she even have the time?

Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2010 08:32 pm »

Azula was already suffering from a breakdown. It was inevitable. She gave up and didn't try. She was going to lose.
Nelson64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2010 09:24 pm »

Woohoo Part 3!!...why do we have to have parts again?
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2010 10:41 pm »

It was the day of the comet her firebending should have been increased ten-fold at the very least. The second Katara made that ice liquid, Azula in a sane state probably would have been able to blast through it, though in the state she had fallen to I doubt she would have been able to and she wasn't.

Azula should have heated boiling water all over her face?! Water doesn't just disappear when it's heated.
So Azula wouldn't have been able to touch the ice and melt it or create a blast to destroy it? I think we're underestimating how powerful she is when sane. This was someone who made an entire wave disappear in an instant. Now with Ozai's attack being doused, lame. I mean they had a random firebending mook be able to eliminate Pakku's supply of water instantly, but Ozai the most powerful firebender supposedly at his strongest couldn't deflect a simple move? If they hadn't shown other firebenders capable of doing so, it wouldn't have been so bad. But his abilities were still poorly executed.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #30 on: Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm »

^ i completely agree, they spent so much time overpowering the gang that when it came time for ozai or owl to fight i was disappointed. Especially with pakku and ozai in the finale, comparing him to a sane no comet azula i find him inferior. Other than quicker lightning what did he offer, jeong jeong and azula can both fly and generate massive amounts of fire. Ozai using the comet couldn't evaporate aang's water attacks, eliminate his earth atttacks, had his own fire attacks completely stopped by rather small fire attacks, and took too long to break aang's earth shield. I mean he wouldn't even fight zuko when had his swords in the eclipse when azula beat him easily. Not to mention aang wasn't really fighting if he had aang would have destroyed him. Now on to pakku, really i mean how can katara block a comet enhanced lightning attack with little water and pakku gets his blown up by a nobody? I expected him to do that shield katara did in the invasion on a bigger scale. Season 3 screw ups gotta love 'em.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #31 on: Sep 16, 2010 11:56 pm »

Azula was already suffering from a breakdown. It was inevitable. She gave up and didn't try. She was going to lose.

She didn't give up, she was soundly beaten.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The_Elite.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2010 11:16 am »

So I've been learning Bahasa Melayu (the Malay language) and found out the word "patik" is an extremely formal word of "I". It is normally used when you're talking to royalty. So... Guru Pathik is "Teacher I"? =P

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #33 on: Sep 17, 2010 01:44 pm »

It's spelled differently, but perhaps.

Sig by The_Elite.
Luna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #34 on: Sep 18, 2010 01:06 pm »

Maybe because Aang is above royalty he uses the term Pathik.
Kind of like a "I will teach you" title thingermabob.

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2010 03:15 pm »

So Azula wouldn't have been able to touch the ice and melt it or create a blast to destroy it? I think we're underestimating how powerful she is when sane.

This may help.

FlameOfZuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Does not ironic mean 'made entirely of iron?' :o

« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2010 09:24 am »

I did a quick search and was surprised nobody had mentioned this before, but I spotted a rather small animation error in The Runaway.

The poster be all smudged Tongue

Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2010 09:30 am »

Why isn't there any women in owl, i would have loved for a women to be an old master most notably jeong jeong. Then his uptight attitude would be more tolerant and would also be nice see an actual high level military offical women.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2010 12:48 pm »

I did a quick search and was surprised nobody had mentioned this before, but I spotted a rather small animation error in The Runaway.

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/307/425.jpg

He was shaking it up and down. It wasn't an animation error, it was intentional.

Why isn't there any women in owl, i would have loved for a women to be an old master most notably jeong jeong. Then his uptight attitude would be more tolerant and would also be nice see an actual high level military offical women.

Apparently, the world of Avatar is more sexist than we in our little politically correct world are capable of comprehending.  Roll Eyes

Sig by The_Elite.
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Sep 20, 2010 04:44 pm »

That was self-evident. Tongue

We don't gamble, we don't do the stock exchange. We paint paintings and we write scenes for the stage.
FlameOfZuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Sep 20, 2010 05:15 pm »

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/307/425.jpg

He was shaking it up and down. It wasn't an animation error, it was intentional.

But what I found interesting was that the poster had been composed digitally or with CGI in previous shots, but with the frame I picked out, it resembles a hand-drawn animation cel.

I find the little things interesting, I guess. :3
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2010 05:16 pm by FlameOfZuko » Logged

EyaknaD
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Sep 21, 2010 03:31 pm »

^agreed, but azula shooting lightning but not melting a ice attack with comet enhanced fire bothers me a bit.

Azula was trying to use lightning and ice is a poor conductor of electricity.

Drink cactus juice.  Its nothing like shrooms.  Nope.  Nothing at all.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #42 on: Sep 21, 2010 03:45 pm »

Still why couldn't she melt it this is the comet where talking about. I'm just overthinking another season three mishap.

Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #43 on: Sep 21, 2010 04:22 pm »

Still why couldn't she melt it this is the comet where talking about. I'm just overthinking another season three mishap.

It wasn't a mishap! It was a surprise attack that she wasn't ready for and she was frozen solid. Firebenders can't just conjure fire, they have to be able to exhale (which sort of implies they have to a: be able to exhale and b: have something to exhale). Azula couldn't do that.

Sig by The_Elite.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #44 on: Sep 21, 2010 04:36 pm »

^intresting even though zuko bended without breathing. Under normal conditions i agree but with the comet, no way.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #45 on: Sep 21, 2010 04:52 pm »

Didn't we just have this argument? Azula couldn't move, so her one and only attack was to simply heat the ice with her skin, or breath fire out of her nose. Either case ends up with Azula boiling herself alive because Water doesn't just turn into room-temperature mist when heated. She most certainly couldn't summon lightning.

Believe me, I'm more than willing to go for blood when I see ATLA make a mistake (and there were plenty of cases), but this is not one of them.

Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #46 on: Sep 21, 2010 04:57 pm »

I guess we agree to disagree then.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #47 on: Sep 21, 2010 05:00 pm »

You disagree with physics?

FlameOfZuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Sep 21, 2010 05:10 pm »

^You disagree with his desire to see good storytelling? Tongue

Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #49 on: Sep 21, 2010 05:12 pm »

Physics don't apply to the avatar world where you can block lightning with water and ty lee deifying gravity.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: