Oct 15, 2019 12:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra [CONFIRMED! INFO AND LINKS IN THE FIRST POST]  (Read 680587 times)
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010 05:48 pm »

You are mistaken.
Kanna was hot.

Oh NOOO. What if Korra is a pale WT person. Cry I'd cry.
Or a swamp bender. Undecided

wei is bae
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010 05:52 pm »

I just hope JM animates. They pwn.  Cool
The people who animated The Puppetmster need to animate. And Korra has to look like young!Kanna.
Then Yue might possibly loose a fanboy. (Cry Shocked)

Aye. THAT would be JM.  Cool

You are mistaken.
Kanna was hot.

Oh NOOO. What if Korra is a pale WT person. Cry I'd cry.
Or a swamp bender. Undecided

Leafy underpants not a turn-on for you, huh?  Tongue

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010 05:52 pm »

Korra will most likely be Southern Water Tribe, and a lot can change over time. But a mini-series covering a new Avatar? Either they're keeping it small to avoid going screwing up this new addition to the Avatar-verse which fans won't like, or maybe...I don't know. The next SDCC's going to be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 05:54 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010 05:54 pm »

I liked Kanna and Hama, they were pretty. XD

A swamp bender would not be good...I didn't particularly like the original swamp benders... D:
In the Kanna pic there were some pale WT people in the back that didn't look bad. Tongue

I don't care which tribe Korra will come out of if she is really a she.

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010 05:56 pm »

Korra doesn't sound kinda guyish if you compare it to Sokka. Undecided
PLEASE, Mike and Bryan, let it be a girl and look like young!Kanna.
And PLEASE make them unrelated to the original gang.

That's all I ask.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 05:59 pm by pyve » Logged

wei is bae
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010 05:59 pm »

Relax, it's gonna be a girl.

puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010 06:01 pm »

It might not since little boys [if they are the target demographic] might not like girls or relate to her adventures because she is a girl...

Beagirlbeagirlbeagirl<3
Paulismyhero777
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010 06:01 pm »

Huh how do you know  korras a girl
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010 06:02 pm »

I like girls. Cheesy
Guys are over-used in action shows.

wei is bae
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010 06:10 pm »

I'm a guy and I realize this. Since Aang followed Roku, there's been an excess amount of testosterone in the Avatar line, so a female Avatar is obvious (I'm surprised it hasn't struck me that she could be the second WaterTribe Avatar after Aang).

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010 06:26 pm »

I hope it's not the Avatar after Aang.  I really want to see the Air Nomads in action.  I'm all for a Water Tribe Avatar though, maybe the one before Kuruk.  I really don't want it to take place after Aang.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 06:28 pm by aa623 » Logged

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010 06:35 pm »

^I think Bryke made it clear the Air Nomads are certainly gone (which strikes me odd since the Fire Nation didn't have airships back then; just the narrow cliffs to travel up by. And wouldn't a red night sky have left some Air Nomads curious and actually notice the incoming ambush?) It's all up to Aang -....and Katara.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010 06:37 pm »

I'd like a female protagonist, and for a nice contrast, make her brash and serious to counter Aang's light heart and level head.

Also I'll reiterate once again, please have this occur some time before or after the original series.

puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010 06:39 pm »

I hope it's not the Avatar after Aang.  I really want to see the Air Nomads in action.  I'm all for a Water Tribe Avatar though, maybe the one before Kuruk.  I really don't want it to take place after Aang.

Omg. I just realized in order to have this WT female [she needs to be a she!] Avatar, Aang needs to die. Boy, am I slow or what?
Nooo... Aang. ;_;
I'm not sure if I'd like his spirit going around with Korra...let's hope this is Pre-Aang, then. That way we could get info. on a new Avatar that advises Korra as well. Grin AND there would probably be Air Nomads.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010 06:43 pm »

^I think Bryke made it clear the Air Nomads are certainly gone (which strikes me odd since the Fire Nation didn't have airships back then; just the narrow cliffs to travel up by. And wouldn't a red night sky have left some Air Nomads curious and actually notice the incoming ambush?) It's all up to Aang -....and Katara.
I know, that's why I said that I hope it does NOT take place after Aang.  So we can see the Air Nomads alive.

@puddlesandmistakes,
Exactly, do we really want to think of anyone one from our old Gaang as dead?  You also made a good point about meeting new Avatars, if Korra is the Avatar after Aang, then we won't learn anything about other Avatars or the Air Nomads.

Also, by having it take place in the past, we wouldn't run the risk of having retcon.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 06:45 pm by aa623 » Logged

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010 06:55 pm »

If Avatar Korra is in the new mini-series (it might grow into a series, you never know), it could take place in the past, and from her own narrative, incline how happy she is - at the end of the series - as she overlooks Katara and Aang, similar to how happy she felt when she finally mastered the last element.

Aangs True Love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010 07:07 pm »

What if Korra is the first Avatar?  The cycle starts with water after all.  And I'm pretty sure that the main character of the next series would be a girl.  It makes sense to switch off.

OMG!  NOW I SPAZ!!!  Goodness, I love that we're going to be getting new Avatarverse material.

I will miss the Gaang though... Sad

EDIT:
My heart is racing and my stomach is in knots.  I love the ATLA series so much...and there's a ton of potential for a new series.  There's a lot that could go wrong, but there's also so much that could be fantastic.  It's starting to feel like the old days a little bit.  Let's hope that Korra can live up to the legend that was ATLA. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 07:11 pm by Aangs True Love » Logged

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen closely. <3 Icon=Maivry
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010 07:13 pm »

I'll miss Sokka's antics, and there'll be fans who'll miss Zuko's smexyness - claiming no one could replace him, and all miss all the incredibly infamous girls of Aang's world. Ahhh, good times, good times.

Part of me knows it's inevitable, for the next Avatar to come along (whether she's in the past or future); but part of me hopes it's in the past. I'd like to learn more about the Air Nomads of myth before egomanical Sozin came along and wiped them out.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010 07:17 pm »

Hmmm... I don't see why a future Avatar would be less appealing than a past Avatar. A future Avatar would give us a chance to see what's happened in the Avatar world since the war was over. Has the Fire Nation completely backed off? Did Aang spend the rest of his life defusing little insurrections here and there? How is the balance of the world doing now that there's one whole nation missing? Plus, we could see grownup!Aang as a spirit guide Cheesy

Though of course I wouldn't mind either if it's a past Avatar. I'm all for whatever it is that this new miniseries is about! Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Aangs True Love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010 07:19 pm »

GUYS!  Look at what I just found!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korra

It's not that significant...but it's interesting all the same! ^_^

Also, is it for certain that Bryke is in charge of this project?  Please say yes.  I think each of us needs to write into Nickelodeon/Viacom for more information.

SMBH...a lot of the comments I've been reading on other forums makes it seem like the series is going to be a full-length deal.  Do we know which it is yet?

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010 07:22 pm »

^....Maybe she's really Aang and Katara's daughter, the "cornerstone" for the future Air Nomad nation.

As far as the length is concerned, no one's certain yet.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010 07:22 pm »

GUYS!  Look at what I just found!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korra

It's not that significant...but it's interesting all the same! ^_^
I *just* found this like right this very moment too. I went to google to see what comes up with a search for "korra", and that's the first interesting result! Cheesy

Also, is it for certain that Bryke is in charge of this project?  Please say yes.
I think it is, if this is the new mini-series that has been talked about recently. I think it was confirmed somewhere that Mike and Bryan are involved in the new mini-series.

SMBH...a lot of the comments I've been reading on other forums makes it seem like the series is going to be a full-length deal.  Do we know which it is yet?
No idea... So far all I remember reading is about a mini-series, though.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Aangs True Love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010 07:24 pm »

^Great minds think alike? Cheesy  I'm so excited for this.  Fingers crossed that it's amazing and long and created by Bryke.  WE NEED MORE INFORMATION.

All of a sudden my AWS is flaring up.  This is the most excited I've been in almost 2 years.

TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010 07:26 pm »

New Avatar series? I am pumped. XD I can't wait to see what it's about.

Not all what I seem to be
MaxTheSilent
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010 07:27 pm »

All of a sudden my AWS is flaring up.  This is the most excited I've been in almost 2 years.

I know! It feels great, doesn't it?
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: