Dec 10, 2019 04:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disapproval- KGA Kataang fic! [PG-13 for mild violence and language]  (Read 13633 times)
mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang is a drug. Say yes to the drug.

« on: Oct 31, 2006 10:50 pm »

Wow, talk about a last minute entry. ^^;

Here's my best attempt for Agent S7's KGA challenge. I'm not really satisfied with it, but... yeah. The idea came from people who say Kataang fics never involve Sokka in order to avoid plot complication. In this fic, Sokka's a key player... a catalyst, you might say.

Summary: Unable to sleep one night, Katara and Sokka have an intense heart-to-heart about love, choices, and consequences, which leads to a few consequences of its own.

Here's the (newer, friendlier) FanFiction.net link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3223680/1/

Glomps in advance to all who read it! Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2006 10:52 am by mistresskatara » Logged

Disapproval- a KGA Challenge fic
Keeper of Chin's giant Avatar floats, Aang's smile, Katara's blush, and Sokka's love of meat.
Foamy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We're all a bit mad here...

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2006 02:11 am »

Brm, I can't get there...I have no ff.net account, you know. Mind giving me a link to the readable stuff?

zennyrpg
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ZennyRPG
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2006 02:25 am »

I believe this is the happier link:

That was soooo cute!  Everyone seemed really in character to me.  Except that Katara had a much bigger clue than she does in the show.  But thats ok.  I loved all the things Sokka said... they were so Sokka.

Kataang!

Keeper of Sozin's Blue Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Blue Inner Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Red Inner Dragon
Keeper of the Meadow Vole
mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2006 10:48 am »

I believe this is the happier link:

That was soooo cute!  Everyone seemed really in character to me.  Except that Katara had a much bigger clue than she does in the show.  But thats ok.  I loved all the things Sokka said... they were so Sokka.

Kataang!
*squeals and glomps zennyrpg* Thank you so much! I had this horrible dread that no one would read it, or that no one would like it. But now, even if everyone else hates it, that's just a-ok with me because one person didn't. Grin

And thanks so much for posting the better link for it. I just joined FFN to post the story and am a huge, incompetent n00b with the site, I'm afraid.

Keeper of Chin's giant Avatar floats, Aang's smile, Katara's blush, and Sokka's love of meat.
ThePower06
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Naruto and Sakura- Standing Together as Equals

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2006 12:21 pm »

Mistresskatara, that was so beautiful, you have talent! Mad talent *prepares for glompage*

Im not sure of the creator of the Avvie, but credit goes to you.
zennyrpg
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ZennyRPG
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2006 12:42 pm »

Well, this was actually the first fan fic i've gotten through.  I'm very new to the world of fics.  I've only tried to read a few fics before but they were either:
1)  To poorly written/ cannot follow because of the lack of paragraph switches.  Thank you for using new paragraphs in back and forth conversation.  It makes it so much easier to read.
2)  So embarrassing I cannot stand to read.  This is hard for me since i'm really only interested in shipping fics.

I'd like to say that yours was neither.  I didn't notice a since spelling mistake.  All of the characters behaved very naturally and the story seemed to flow from that.  Not forced at all.  Nothing over the top that gave me the urge to click off the window, but suspenseful enough that I was in "read a bit, scroll a bit" mode so i wouldn't look ahead.

I also liked how even Toph made an appearance.  If Katara and Aang ever did get together it would be just like that, with everyone watching.  They are such a tight group that they could never hide it from Sokka and Toph, not even play it down very much.

Keeper of Sozin's Blue Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Blue Inner Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Red Inner Dragon
Keeper of the Meadow Vole
Karalora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2006 01:20 pm »

Very nice, mistresskatara! I've hardly seen any fics examining Sokka's feelings and reactions toward Katara's developing relationship with Aang, and you did a great job depicting the way his semi-pessimistic pragmatism combines with his protectiveness of his baby sister. Everyone was very much in character--I can easily imagine conversations like this within the context of the series.

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do write fanfiction.
Foamy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We're all a bit mad here...

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2006 02:24 pm »

Well pooey. Good one you got there, rival of mine. Tongue Mighty good, I say. Very in character and such. I think it's obvious who the winner is.

mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2006 04:11 pm »

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this well recieved. ^_^ Thank you so much, everyone! I feel incredibly honored that you took the time to read and review my work.

The Power06-- *glomps* Cheesy

zennyrpg-- I can't tell you how much you made me smile today. It's so exciting to hear you thought it was suspenseful! *quivers with delight*

Karalora-- That was exactly what I was going for (only you said it better than I could have, lol). I'm so happy that my intent came across.

Foamy-- Thank you, rival of mine! Grin That's so sweet of you to say, but I thought yours was very good. Who knows...

Thanks also to the people who wrote reviews at FFN!

dinglehopper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

STEALTH MODE

« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2006 05:41 pm »

That was brilliant! You nailed all the characters right on the head in my opinion. The Sokka/ Katara conversation was perfectly done and I love how you didn't forget about Toph.  You certainly have talent for painting pictures with words, I could picture everything going on in the story. All in all, great stuff Smiley

mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2006 10:44 pm »

That was brilliant! You nailed all the characters right on the head in my opinion. The Sokka/ Katara conversation was perfectly done and I love how you didn't forget about Toph.  You certainly have talent for painting pictures with words, I could picture everything going on in the story. All in all, great stuff Smiley
Thank you so much, Dinglehopper! That means a lot to me coming from you, since I've been a such a big fan (a.k.a. worshiper!) of your stuff in the past. *chuckles about the A.T.M. pun for about the millionth time*

Again, to everyone who's commented, I can't say how overwhelmed I am by your support. It's been a surreal and incredibly wonderful experience so far.

The Quenchiest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

we are human after all

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2006 11:05 pm »

Like everyone has said you really did a good job keeping everyone in character. It was such a sweet, cute story (awwwws all around). I gotta say the part where Aang says "I'm dangerous, Katara." reminds me a little of Pee Wee Herman, in Pee Wee's big adventure, when he says "i'm a rebel dottie". Just because Aang is such a goofball, even though he is actually very dangerous. But the story is really very very good and well written, you should def. do more fan fic.

mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2006 02:03 pm »

Like everyone has said you really did a good job keeping everyone in character. It was such a sweet, cute story (awwwws all around). I gotta say the part where Aang says “I’m dangerous, Katara.” reminds me a little of Pee Wee Herman, in Pee Wee's big adventure, when he says "i'm a rebel dottie". Just because Aang is such a goofball, even though he is actually very dangerous. But the story is really very very good and well written, you should def. do more fan fic.
LMAO! Really? I've never seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure. That's a funny connection to make, though. Cheesy Thanks so much for encouraging me to write more fanfic. I have a couple story ideas in the works right now, none of them Kataang, though-- I don't think I'll be writting any more Kataang for awhile. I used up all my best ideas on this one, and I'd hate myself for publishing a shoddy Kataang piece.

To anyone who's interested: it's going to be announced on Nov. 11th who the winner of the KGA challenge is, so we'll know then if my fic won. ^_^

Again, to everyone, thank you so much. I really couldn't have asked for a better reception, and it's still quite surprising that it's gotten such an overwhelmingly positive response from everyone here and at FFN.

heavyccasey
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Obvious supporter of Kataang!

« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2006 09:44 pm »

WOW! Excelent story. Seriously excellent. Umm... I'm too lazy to type more, but it was unbelievable. Unbelievable. I wish this happened...

Kataang Site Here! Join please!

Keeper of Katara's Oasis Water, Aang's cute little blush, and Kataang's Ship.
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2006 07:34 pm »

Wonderful! Definatley the best Kataang story I've read. You really should write more - there aren't enough Kataang stories out there for us Kataangers... I loved how you showed Sokka's reaction to an Aang and Katara relationship. In most of the fan fics I've read Sokka doesn't really protest and seems to accept it too easily, which is definatly not in his personality. You stayed very well in character and I also like how you included Toph in the story.  Grin

Venatrix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2006 05:57 am »

I like this short fic. Its written pretty well, and the characters where pretty much how the should be.
Maybe when the last episode of book 2 have appeared on the screen, and when i've finnished my Naruto Fic, i'd write a story for Avatar as well.

"Cross us, and we'll strike you down!"
Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2006 05:43 pm »

I think you got the characters very well! Though I dont think they would admit feelings this young of an age but you got the characters head on.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
A3TR
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^I'd watch this station all day^

F8wuzL8
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2007 01:18 pm »

I love the the story it is amazing! It makes me smile   Grin  I could read it over and over. I love how your words can paint pictures in my head. Its amazing keep rockin'!!!

There are three kinds of people in the world; ones that can count and ones that can't count.

keeper of Aang's eyes and Toph's attitude
shoes and sokkas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2007 04:27 pm »

I would find myself reading at lot more fanfiction if more of it was written like this.

It was EXCELLENT. You captured every character's personalities perfectly, and I loved the Kataang fluff.

I agree with what Dinglehopper said, "You certainly have talent for painting pictures with words, I could picture everything going on in the story." Excellent details and description. I'm going to check out your other fanfics now Cheesy

Keeper of Aang's twitching eyebrow.
Keeper of Azula's fire nation hairpeice.
Keeper of Sokka's PIMP!ness.

Quote from: Karalora on Oct 02, 2006 08:22 pm
You call what he did with Jin a kiss? I put on chapstick more passionately than that.

Icon by Frozen
aldericon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Katara is a water-bending princess.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2007 05:34 pm »

Great story! ^^ I loved it. Are you going to write another story?

When life gives you water, use water bending.

Keeper of Katara's smartness, Sokka's wit, and Aang's blush.

https://siena.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cO0aTTaLMKmIBYV
theavatar01
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh it's a real legend.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2007 04:26 am »

I loved the story.  You should write another one.   Grin Cheesy Wink

Thank you to xxboomerAANGsquadxx for making this great sig. =]
And thanks to C4P for the great avatar =]
Keeper of...eh I'll decide later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: