Apr 19, 2014 11:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Couples You Support - Part 9  (Read 203578 times)
Archaes8
Professional Penguin Sledder

Fluff

« Reply #6150 on: Feb 17, 2009 06:32 pm »

Anyway, what you think of the term Maijestic Smiley

Zuko's flagship has a new name.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

As much as I like "teh lulz" I don't think I could seriously ship Ty Zula based off purely canon evidence, until now, all their interactions have been purely platonic, and besides, Azula likes guys, she just doesn't know how to make friendly with them without them realizing they suddenly had a boat to catch.

Poor Azula, I need to draw up a custom husband for her, and do a character synopsis of him. Only then will I feel better.

iKp: Toph\\\'s caring for Zuko, Loopai, and Mai\\\'s happy face.
Loopy

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6151 on: Feb 17, 2009 06:36 pm »

I agree that there's no Azula -> Ty Lee, but there's a lot of overt and subtle Ty Lee -> Azula. My brother, based solely on their scenes in the post-Earth King season 2 episodes, asked me if Ty Lee was homosexual and after Azula.

Sig by Danger
Rava

♪ CANON! ♪ TyZula ♬ Korrami ♫ Linami ♫ Jumai ♪

« Reply #6152 on: Feb 17, 2009 06:53 pm »

Rava: You might consider honing your skills at being subtle yet effective. The references to the asylum and TBR in your TyZula drabble were completely redundant. I mean, if Ty Lee accepted to fulfill Azula's fantasies on her birthday and Azula willingly made that request then it's pretty natural to assume they already got over their issues. Bedtime birthday adventures are supposed to be about enjoying the present and not reminiscing the bad things of the past.

O RLY [/irony]

It's Ty Lee we speak here about, or not. I envision her being able to do such grave  mistakes.
And Azula not being too much upset was to show how much she evolved and changed. It's a super short mini fic and not to be taken uber serious anyway. But feel free to write your own - way better one - and show me how it's done.

Or it's me being simply tired and annoyed to death by all this Azula!redemption talk. She's evil and that's what she is, that's why the fans came to love her. Taking that is like taking Toph's blindness.

Oh, I see, that was the real reason you disagreed. Please remember, that people have different ideas on that. And I disagree, having a change with Azula [like she is now portrayed in Nikipinz "Firelight"] is not comparable to removing Toph's blindness.

Anyway, what you think of the term Maijestic Smiley Or about Ty Lee being the one to hold the whip in TyZula bedtime?

Maijestic ... me loves.

Anyway, what you think of the term Maijestic Smiley

Zuko's flagship has a new name.

I wanna be the caption on the Maijestic... um, why does that has a inappropriate air O_o Tongue

I thought the website said 15, same age as Sokka? I recall Kyoshi Fan calling her 15 at one point, and I figure she'd know.

But Bryke said that all three books take a year, and I am quite sure their ages are meant when we first meet them in the main arc.
So everyone can be one year older by the end, at least Aang, Katara, Zuko and Sokka sure are, since they are for real a year older.

I presume it took at least some weeks before they reached Kyoshi, but still Suki most probably is one year older as well.
As for Mai and Ty Lee ... depends...
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009 06:57 pm by Rava » Logged

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Venomhand

« Reply #6153 on: Feb 17, 2009 07:20 pm »

Man, I must be the only person here who thinks of Azula's redemption not taking too much change, as in she's good, but her personality, save a few things, is still the same as before she went nuts.

I support Ty Zulaang!
Rava

« Reply #6154 on: Feb 17, 2009 07:24 pm »

^ Naa, good Azula is kinda lame.

I am OK with having a conscience and accept the rules like to to behave and not always be the boss.

But I want her too keep her manipulative and pulling pranks parts, otherwise she won't be Azula. And the gaang could e.g. use her as a double agent ...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Pinkblurlover

Ty lee's favorite punching bag

« Reply #6155 on: Feb 17, 2009 07:35 pm »

I am OK with having a conscience and accept the rules like to to behave and not always be the boss.

But I want her too keep her manipulative and pulling pranks parts, otherwise she won't be Azula. And the gaang could e.g. use her as a double agent ...

Good or sane Azula makes for bad zucest. xD

That's because Zucest isn't sane. Tongue

------------------

Azula: "And I like it that way."

Zuko: "Yeah!.. Wait, what?"

Keeper of Ty lee's innocent smile, emotional pain, confused look and beautiful eyes.
Couples-thread-you-support cheek licking expert
“Relativity applies to physics, not ethics” ~Albert Einstein
almostinsane

« Reply #6156 on: Feb 17, 2009 07:45 pm »

Can their family really endure Zucest? I mean. It seems like, judging from Ozai and Azula, there may have been inbreeding before Zucest.
Pinkblurlover

« Reply #6157 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:06 pm »

Can their family really endure Zucest? I mean. It seems like, judging from Ozai and Azula, there may have been inbreeding before Zucest.

Azulon/Azulin -cest? Smiley

Azucest to Zucest, from generation to generation, a turtleduck's story.

Keeper of Ty lee's innocent smile, emotional pain, confused look and beautiful eyes.
Violet Vespertine

« Reply #6158 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:33 pm »

The Maijestic is an awesome name for one of Zuko's ships. Grin  Someone needs to include that little detail in a fanfic.

HeartsToph

I am a Liberal. I shall ascend.

« Reply #6159 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:35 pm »

When I first started watchign Avatar, I was kinda surprised they went with, well not HUGE diverscity, but a decent difference in age for most characters. As I think Loopy or maybe someone else said about 150 pages back, at pre-teen/early teen, age difference can spell big problems.

Also, give the Turtle-ducks some love. They're freakin' adorable Smiley.

Toph/Aang 4evah! Yayz!
  ,sig by myself.CANT WAIT FOR 7/2/2010!!!
Violet Vespertine

« Reply #6160 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:47 pm »

Oh the turtleducks are definitely adorable.

Yeah, there is a huge difference between a 12 year old and a 14 year old but those differences will fade after a few years.  But all the characters have also experienced a lot more than the average kid.  They've had to grow up quickly just to cope.

I think that Katara's love for Aang kind of grew proportionally with Aang's maturity.  Of course, spending all that time together, having near death experiences, adventures, scares etc will bring people closer together.

HeartsToph

I am a Liberal. I shall ascend.

« Reply #6161 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:54 pm »

That could be said for nearly any character tho. THey've all been through it, therefore I don't think that was really valid.

...........Go Taang! yay!

Toph/Aang 4evah! Yayz!
  ,sig by myself.CANT WAIT FOR 7/2/2010!!!
earth_lizard

« Reply #6162 on: Feb 17, 2009 08:58 pm »

*catches up*

I'm sorry! I'm sick and I haven't been on the shipping thread that often lately. Here's some Zhaodburns to make up for my mistake. (BTW, anyone know what happened to that one sparkly and rainbow-colored Zhaodburns pic from a while ago? That was so funny. xD) And, in reference to the Abridged Series... "mutton chops." Cheesy

Sorry from me, too. The slaps were of course meant in a funny way ... and I had no idea you are ill.

Haha, I know you were just being funny. Cheesy

Ah... memories. Good times, gooood... times. Cool

...Turtleducks are adorable. I think they're like the little bunnies and baby chicks of Easter for kids in the Avatar world. I want one. xD

I think that Katara's love for Aang kind of grew proportionally with Aang's maturity.  Of course, spending all that time together, having near death experiences, adventures, scares etc will bring people closer together.

http://th08.deviantart.com/fs19/300W/f/2007/245/b/d/Kataang_POWERFUL_by_Drisela.jpg

Nicely put. And I <3 that fanart. Grin

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
Archaes8

Fluff

« Reply #6163 on: Feb 17, 2009 09:06 pm »

I've always liked the idea of a good Azula, but someone more like June, who is a wild and devious spirit, but when times get tough she does the right thing.

I wouldn't mind if they took the evil out of Azula, if she remained crafty, and smooth. Kind of like Jet (Aside from his tormenting thoughts).

iKp: Toph\\\'s caring for Zuko, Loopai, and Mai\\\'s happy face.
Violet Vespertine

« Reply #6164 on: Feb 17, 2009 09:14 pm »

That could be said for nearly any character tho. THey've all been through it, therefore I don't think that was really valid.

...........Go Taang! yay!

I guess I mean that if you're quite young, like Aang, and then experience many intense things, have to shoulder a lot of responsibility etc. all that has to change you and mature you more quickly than the average kid.  Yes, Katara experienced many of the same things, so she matured quicker than the average too(as well as the rest of them).  If they're all maturing quickly, then Katara and Aang will reach that moment when their age difference of 2 years means nothing, faster than an ordinary 12 year old/14 year old couple would.  Does that make any sense?Huh  Maybe not.

I'm picturing an Azula like the Zuko in The Guru.  Ha, ha can you imagine?  It would be horrifying.
Azula something like June would be interesting.  June is no white knight, but she's not evil.  She's just trying to earn a living.  June gives off that no nonsense, tough, independent vibe.  She seems smart and definitely makes great remarks  "Well if it isn't Prince Pouty.  Where's your creepy grandpa?"  That cracks me up.

Have people shipped June and Azula?   Of course, they have.  Roll Eyes Every ship has been done.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009 09:21 pm by bacwas » Logged
Loopy

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6165 on: Feb 17, 2009 09:25 pm »

When I first started watchign Avatar, I was kinda surprised they went with, well not HUGE diverscity, but a decent difference in age for most characters. As I think Loopy or maybe someone else said about 150 pages back, at pre-teen/early teen, age difference can spell big problems.

Hm, I don't recall saying that, but I'm not ruling it out. Sounds a little too mature for me, though.

I've always liked the idea of a good Azula, but someone more like June, who is a wild and devious spirit, but when times get tough she does the right thing.

I wouldn't mind if they took the evil out of Azula, if she remained crafty, and smooth. Kind of like Jet (Aside from his tormenting thoughts).

I'm not sure how I like my post-breakdown Azula. I mean, what's great about her is that she's such a wonderful bad guy, in the James Bond villain kind of way. Anything that took that away from her would kind of diminish her for me. But how could such a thing exist in the post-finale world and not be an unwelcome continuing villain?

Really, it comes down to the one reason I would ever want to see the gAang troubled by another world threat- so that they could unleash Azula on their opponent as a weapon of mass destruction and last resort. Sure she's fighting for them this time around, but she's by no means good.

Sig by Danger
SMBH
ASN Management

Tiny!Zuko says: "I want older-me to be in TLOK!"

« Reply #6166 on: Feb 18, 2009 01:57 am »

Azulin? Who?

Surely you must be mistaken. The only Azucest that exists in the Royal Family is Azula/Azulon. You know, when Azula traveled back in time, met young!Azulon and then became her own grandmother? Which is why she lacks the delta brainwave? And thus is the chosen one to save the entire universe from the brainspawn?

I thought this was common knowledge by now.

(Tongue)

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Alec

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #6167 on: Feb 18, 2009 02:07 am »

Oh SMBH you and your silly Futurama references.

Have some Sukka.

EDIT:
I claim this page for Sukka and Maitasticness.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2009 02:09 am by Alec » Logged

ASN Mafia Player Stats.
You can message me, but you still aren't my real Dad!
SMBH
ASN Management

Tiny!Zuko says: "I want older-me to be in TLOK!"

« Reply #6168 on: Feb 18, 2009 02:22 am »

The last movie comes out next week. Me be happy Cheesy  But simultaneously sad at the prospect of no more new Futurama. Kinda like the feeling right before "Sozin's Comet", ya know? Tongue

Very cute! Love the look they're giving each other Smiley

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Tamerlan

Sokka strikes again with fire and passionate love

« Reply #6169 on: Feb 18, 2009 03:40 am »

O RLY [/irony]

It's Ty Lee we speak here about, or not. I envision her being able to do such grave  mistakes.
And Azula not being too much upset was to show how much she evolved and changed. It's a super short mini fic and not to be taken uber serious anyway. But feel free to write your own - way better one - and show me how it's done.[/u]

If your suggestion was a moral imperative no one would have the right to criticize anything. One doesn't have to be a painter to judge paintings.

And one could perhaps think that Ty Lee managed to mature a bit mentally while being on Kyoshi Island and NOT in a nuthouse.

But then again, taking anything from me too seriously would be a mistake.

It makes sense. Hitler's father was his mother's uncle for example.

Oh, I see, that was the real reason you disagreed. Please remember, that people have different ideas on that. And I disagree, having a change with Azula [like she is now portrayed in Nikipinz "Firelight"] is not comparable to removing Toph's blindness.

I'm well aware of that but I don't see any reason why I should not express MY opinion the way I want as long as I keep it polite.

And my opinion comes close to Loopy's. Only because she expressed some humanity doesn't necessarily mean she can or will change.

[url/http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=22637.0]Islamic avatar stori with hapi end [/url]MY FANFICTION PROJECT DESCRIBING THE RISE AND FALL OF ISLAMIC STYLE AVATARS THROUGOUT THE AGES, read and be surprised at the mystery of what you may find hidden in the chambers of Wan Shi Tong/' s
heretic

« Reply #6170 on: Feb 18, 2009 04:02 am »

Man, I must be the only person here who thinks of Azula's redemption not taking too much change, as in she's good, but her personality, save a few things, is still the same as before she went nuts.
Depends on if you see 'Honestly Repentant' as indistinguishable from 'Fluffy Bunny'.

In short, without full blown Dai Li treatment she will never be Ty Lee.  Cold, manipulative on an almost reflexive level, and avoiding positions of authority over others like a recovering alcoholic avoids drink... this makes sense.

Will take years for her to get this trust thing down enough for an actual relationship though.
Kataang1337

Amazing avvie and sig by Maricela! ♥Back again♥

« Reply #6171 on: Feb 18, 2009 07:04 am »

And we, at least that is: I, missed you [also you have not been nice to me in your last post. Not nice at all *pouts*]

Sorry Ravs... I've missed you too. Grin

Azulin? Who?

Surely you must be mistaken. The only Azucest that exists in the Royal Family is Azula/Azulon. You know, when Azula traveled back in time, met young!Azulon and then became her own grandmother? Which is why she lacks the delta brainwave? And thus is the chosen one to save the entire universe from the brainspawn?

(Tongue)
The Azucest, yes. But not the part about the delta brainwave and Azula being the chosen one to save the entire universe from the brainspawn. Tongue

Have some Sukka.
http://th01.deviantart.com/fs34/300W/i/2008/299/7/3/Sukka_Scribble_by_AnimantX.jpg

EDIT:

SUKKA!! <3

Lookie here!

*runs away*

Waterwriter144's #1 fangirl!
Keeper of Katara's Feelings for Aang*Aang's Determination*Katara's EK Outfit*Kataang Finale Kiss
Quote from: Rava
You're the dA Avatard art hunter Smiley
Rava

« Reply #6172 on: Feb 18, 2009 09:03 am »

------------------

Shoves Zuko and Azula aside.

Rava (to Pinkblurlover) And cest among nice relatives is bad cest and among bad ones good cest.

To me cest is always bad because it's cest. Or do you want it bad2 ??

And we, at least that is: I, missed you [also you have not been nice to me in your last post. Not nice at all *pouts*]

Sorry Ravs... I've missed you too. Grin

Blushes liek mad over hurr.
And this is for you, m'love.
Kudos to Ambiguity to giving me that in the first place Wink

(Tongue)

http://ravat.deviantart.com/art/ROFLcopter-113308983 to that, SMBH.  Grin Grin

And it once again makes a fantastic Avatard fanfiction.
Some of the best plots in Avatard fanfiction I have read here. Sadly, the question remains, will any of these be written in real one day?

Cause, you know, ♫ You ♪ are ♫ a ♪ Pirate! ♬

*shoves her back in*
You, m'dear Kataang1337 are made of win, and therefore not allowed to run away from here.

Aang looks like he's 18 in that fanart. Me approves.

Very cute! Love the look they're giving each other Smiley

Indeed. To me that's moooooar intimate than any wet kiss or groping or states of undress or ... I think you get the drill. Cool

//catching up
In short, without full blown Dai Li treatment she will never be Ty Lee.

Azula's character like Ty Lee O_o ... kill it with fire, I say!

Cold, manipulative on an almost reflexive level, and avoiding positions of authority over others like a recovering alcoholic avoids drink... this makes sense.

Will take years for her to get this trust thing down enough for an actual relationship though.

Oh, not with Ty Lee. Or June.

And since I am pro yuri ... Katara is OK much sooner, too. So is Mai. And Suki. And (at least 5 years in the future) Toph. And On Ji. And Jin.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2009 09:24 am by Rava » Logged

yours Rava

Pinkblurlover

« Reply #6173 on: Feb 18, 2009 12:24 pm »

------------------

Shoves Zuko and Azula aside.

Rava (to Pinkblurlover) And cest among nice relatives is bad cest and among bad ones good cest.

To me cest is always bad because it's cest. Or do you want it bad2 ??

I'm not going into that argument again, Rava.  Roll Eyes

Yes, cest is bad, yes, cest is disgusting.

That's why it's called crackshipping.

Azulin? Who?

(Tongue)

This crossover can only lead to the tragic romance of Combustionzula.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2009 12:29 pm by Pinkblurlover » Logged

Violet Vespertine

« Reply #6174 on: Feb 18, 2009 01:32 pm »

Have some Sukka.

EDIT:

Tha picture is hot.  I second the Maitasticness. Grin
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: