Dec 17, 2017 05:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 73 (33.3%)
9 - 43 (19.6%)
8 - 44 (20.1%)
7 - 32 (14.6%)
6 - 16 (7.3%)
5 - 2 (0.9%)
4 - 3 (1.4%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 4 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 209

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [114] The Fortuneteller  (Read 23287 times)
Handicapable
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #175 on: Mar 24, 2011 04:08 pm »

This was a cool episode, especially later on when you see how poor Roku fared against a similar disaster. It was also nice to see Aang as a powerful bender apart from the Avatar State: it made more sense for the Fire Nation to take even a 12 year old with that level of power seriously.

Though, I am sad to say that I can no longer watch the end of this episode without mentally adding "you can run lover, but you can't hide" thanks to the Abridged Series...

How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her. Proverbs 3:13-15 (NASB)
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #176 on: Mar 24, 2011 04:25 pm »

Though, I am sad to say that I can no longer watch the end of this episode without mentally adding "you can run lover, but you can't hide" thanks to the Abridged Series...

Same goes for me every time I watch "The Waterbending Master." I'm curious to see how much Aunt/Madam Wu was right about Katara's - and Aang's - future family.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Hawkflame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Don't cross the Melon Lord

« Reply #177 on: Oct 05, 2013 12:57 am »

"Take care! ... Floozy."

Line of the episode right there.

A decent episode I suppose, more of a diversion that hints at things in the future more than anything else.  A few things to like here.  1) I liked Sokka being the rational guy.  A lot of the humor comes from him being the Butt Monkey, so sometimes it's easy to forget that he's generally one of the more sensible of the group.  So I like that a lot of the humor comes from him getting frustrated with all of the irrationality around him.  ("Can your 'science' explain why it rains?"  "YES IT CAN!")

2) Meng.  Good god she's adorable.  It's a bit weird now hearing Toph's voice coming out of another character, but it works here.  I guess Jessie Flower has a real knack for playing smartassed little girls. 

3) I actually liked the way the "love triangle" of sorts balanced out.  Like I love the scene where Sokka gives love advice to Aang, telling him to be more aloof, and then Aang walks off and is totally dismissive and aloof towards Meng without even realizing it.  :lol:

4) Aang's fortune.  Big fire, giant cracks in the bones, Aunt Woo is stunned, never having seen a fortune like thsi before.  She says that Aang is going to be in a great battle of good and evil, determining the fate of the world- and of course Aang already knows this, is like "yeah yeah yeah, just tell me about my love life. " :lol:

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #178 on: Oct 06, 2013 06:17 pm »

"Take care! ... Floozy."

Line of the episode right there.

The first time I saw this episode, I hadn't yet gotten accustomed to ATLA's style and timing of humor, so the episode mostly fell a little flat for me. But that line killed me, and made the whole rest of the episode worthwhile.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #179 on: Jan 01, 2015 07:37 pm »

This was a great episode for Sokka. I love seeing him as the voice of reason. He is the perfect straight man in a crazy world. The Kataang bits were great too. I usually don't like shipping, but I thought it made for some good character moments and humor here. I smiled when Sokka thought Aang was implementing his advice in order to woo Meng. Speaking of Meng, she was adorable and I loved her final line. The battle against the volcano was beautiful.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: