Sep 25, 2017 02:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pyue's graphics! [6/24/12]  (Read 24180 times)
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: May 02, 2009 02:05 pm »

Requests are open for icons, but I won't guarantee that the graphic I make you will be awesometastic. If I make you something you're not pleased with, you don't have to use it.

ICONS!

SIGS!

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012 02:32 pm by pyue » Logged

wei is bae
The Quaint Quill
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Awesome graphics set by Luna!

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009 02:23 pm »

Awesome, Pyve! You finally made a thread! Good luck with all the requests that are gonna come your way.

Guess who's back? Back again?
Huddy's back. Tell your friends!
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009 03:00 pm »

Took you along for you to make a thread.....
I lovvve your Suki and Yue sig!

You're not horrible!! :O You pwn be by like a million. Tongue

Your graphics are so beautiful and I love how you have that light and nice feeling to all your graphics. I really like your style.
Moses
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

jupiter_wind19@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009 03:06 pm »

They look like what pretty much everyone else is making. That's generally screenshots with minimal effects. Have you made anything else that you could show us that's different?

Quote from: The_Avatar_Blows
I can think of no conceivable reason not to wear two hats. If I had two hats, I would wear them.
The Quaint Quill
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Awesome graphics set by Luna!

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009 03:17 pm »

They look like what pretty much everyone else is making. That's generally screenshots with minimal effects. Have you made anything else that you could show us that's different?
On the contrary, I think that Pyve has a unique style. There's a certain grunge and contrasting colors feel in all of those.

Guess who's back? Back again?
Huddy's back. Tell your friends!
Moses
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

jupiter_wind19@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009 03:20 pm »

They don't. There are at least 2 other topics full of stuff that looks like this. I can't help him improve if I overcomplement without any constructive criticism.

I can think of no conceivable reason not to wear two hats. If I had two hats, I would wear them.
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009 03:38 pm »

^I appreciate your criticism. I'm still pretty green when it comes to graphic making, so I have yet to come up with a distinctive style. But yeah, I'm pretty regular right now.

I'm just thankful I'm improving the slightest bit... You should see my graphics from around 2 months ago...

wei is bae
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009 03:41 pm »

^ Well.. you are just a beginner. Usually beginners don't have much of a style YET. In a few months you will have one. Grin Because right now.... you are reaching there. When I so the LIMS and SKC I can easily tell which is yours. Wink A style maybe?
arasam22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

if you need me, I'm probably in the sig game...

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009 03:45 pm »

finally! took you long enough to open up a thread Cheesy

i agree with moses to a point...  the sigs are rather normal, and a lot of them are too contrast-y and bright.

BUT

that is how you start!! you need to get the hang of graphics and get good at the technique before you can really start to make your own style.  i think you're off to a crazy good start, Pyve!!! i can already see you start to move away from the age old "slap a screenshot on an empty canvas and put a texture or two over it" stage. your newest aang sig is a good indication of that. Smiley  

you know which graphic of yours i love the best? the one of katara bloodbending.  it's so clear, and the colors are excellent... and the crop is interesting too!  

i can't wait to see what you come up with next!! <3

SRF: Jan 5-July 19, 2008
Requests open for the summer!
Moses
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

jupiter_wind19@yahoo.com
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009 04:23 pm »

I didn't say he was bad, he's just inexperienced. I won't say "Oh your stuff is awesome, definately some of the best I've seen!" because it isn't. I can say it looks like you understand most of the basics and have the potential to make better things, which I would like to see you do.

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009 04:31 pm »

I have 3 more avatars. Tongue
<- I hate this.
<- I  just won the icon game with that. Cheesy
<- I'm a Lady Gaga fanboy. Tongue

These were more or less experimental.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009 07:10 pm by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009 09:02 pm »

I didn't say he was bad, he's just inexperienced. I won't say "Oh your stuff is awesome, definately some of the best I've seen!" because it isn't. I can say it looks like you understand most of the basics and have the potential to make better things, which I would like to see you do.
>.> I know you didn't.... you said you wanted him to improve. But you didn't even say anything like that.

I really like your Lady Gaga icon Pyve! :O
I LOVE LADY GAGA!! <333 XD
I like how you mad it a mirror... and the coloring looks nice. The black strips under/above it make it look nice. Smiley
You have some great idea Pyves. I don't have anything to tell to improve... but I might later...
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009 11:33 pm »

Made a new sig:

I was going to enter this in the sig game, but I dislike it. Alot.
I might remake it tomorrow.

wei is bae
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009 11:34 pm »

^ That looks good SO FAR.
I think adding something in that blank space on the left.... it looks empty.
GreyFable
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

icon by LIMS #1 electrimafried

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009 01:26 am »

I have 3 more avatars. Tongue
<- I hate this.

None of that! *slaps with fish* I really like it!

These graphics are great, Pyve. I really like your last couple of sigs. Congrats on starting a thread!

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009 09:18 am »

I've redone that last sig I posted.

I still don't like it for some reason... There's something off...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 09:30 am by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
arasam22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009 09:52 am »

hmm, i actually liked the first one better.

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009 09:55 am »

^Aren't you the one that said most of my graphics are too bright? Cheesy
I don't like either of them, to be honest.
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2009 04:15 pm by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
arasam22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009 09:57 am »

no, no... actually, i think you're getting better at that.  i hate it when something is so bright that you begin to lose definition, like this one.

that picture of yue, however, is bright but also perfectly clear.  and i think teh background looks great! 

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009 10:17 am »

I love n00bish (what I mean are people who start graphic shops although they relatively new to it) graphic threads. Mainly because they start out with a screenshot and some text, and they end up being one of ASNs best graphics makers. God, I can list so many people on ASN who went through that process. Arasam, ATL, ShootingStar07. I've been doing this for almost a year, and I'm still lack the skills to do a lot of things, but I'm definitely a lot better than I was at first.

As for you, your sigs are definitely a lot better than your avvys. Most of the avvies are either too bright, too dark, so on. Though your last batch of avvies were great, especially the Ta Min one you didn't like.

I think you have some sort of style coming along, although you're a bit fresh with this stuff. Your avvies have excellent cropping, and although your sigs are somewhat simplistic for now, you compose them really well. Especially that Aang one. The coloring in the first Suki/ Yue sig was well done for someone who's just beginning. You also seem to try to be very neat with your cutting, something I never tried doing at first.
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009 10:31 am »

^The funny thing is that I've won the icon game twice.. I haven't won the sig game any. Tongue And thanks for the long analysis. Cheesy

lolz. I merged the two together...

OK, I'm done with this now. *throws in trash can*
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 06:41 pm by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
Aangs True Love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009 11:26 am »

^Absolutely GORGEOUS, Pyve!  I love it to death.

Moses: Different people have different opinions.  I also believe that Pyve has a unique style.  I can't wait to see where Pyve's graphics go as he improves.  I really like them thus far.

Awwww, Tongone...you have no idea how much your comments have helped me.  And it's true.  Every graphic artist on ASN is getting better and better with each sig/icon that they make.  It just takes time, diligence, and practice.  (though I don't believe I belong in the "best graphic makers" category with arasam and SS07)

Oh, and Pyve...if you don't change the title of this shop to something including the words "beautiful", "amazing", "stupendous", "fantabulous", or "awesome" graphics, I'm going to throw something MUCH HEAVIER than a fish at you. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 11:29 am by Aangs True Love » Logged

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen closely. <3 Icon=Maivry
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009 11:51 am »

^Thanks for the comments. Cheesy

Haha, I couldn't think of a "P" word, so I put phat. Tongue Phat means, according to Wikipedia, entertaining, intelligent, attractive or otherwise to be admired. It had to be a "p" word because.. um.. well, my username starts with a "p", so it looks better, I think.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 01:18 pm by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
Aangs True Love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009 11:56 am »

Hee, hee, hee...I'm glad. Smiley

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen closely. <3 Icon=Maivry
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009 01:09 pm »

Arggh, I'm having a graphic block. I can't think of anything. The few things I can think of end up looking awful. *coughlikeabovecough*
I'll post a dump later.... 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 06:42 pm by Pyve » Logged

wei is bae
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: