Mar 28, 2017 02:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Given the chance, where in the Avatarverse would you visit or maybe even choose to live?  (Read 22070 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #250 on: Sep 09, 2014 09:32 pm »

No, Cinder Island is the Jersey Shore. Ember Island is Miami.

Wait, where was Cinder Island again? I honestly don't remember seeing it.

That's because it doesn't exist. I made it up.

Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #251 on: Jun 30, 2015 01:59 pm »

I'd have to go with Piandao's town (not sure if the name was ever mentioned):

Green grass, sloping mountains, and a waterfall in your backyard. It seems to be more relaxed than the rest of the Fire Nation villages we see.

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #252 on: Jun 30, 2015 02:52 pm »

The Fire Nation in general looks kind of relaxed. I was hoping it have massive cities with large amounts of pollution.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #253 on: Jun 30, 2015 05:14 pm »

Shu Jing.

Green grass, sloping mountains, and a waterfall in your backyard. It seems to be more relaxed than the rest of the Fire Nation villages we see.

Yeah, I was surprised that the DVD commentary said it was the result of destructive strip-mining practices. It seems nice.

Riptide
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why you mad?

« Reply #254 on: Jun 30, 2015 08:30 pm »

I would live in a cave with badger moles.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #255 on: Jun 30, 2015 09:23 pm »

The second I saw this question, I knew I'd only wanna live in Shu Jing.  As a photographer, I could probably spend my entire life finding images to capture between the landscape and the locals...  Though on the topic of Shu Jing...

Shu Jing.

Yeah, I was surprised that the DVD commentary said it was the result of destructive strip-mining practices. It seems nice.
...Wait, what specifically was the result of strip-mining?  The waterfall, the landscape in which the town is built?...

(Note: Look up strip-mining and its environmental effects)

I wonder if Wan-Shi-Tong's library, if in our time, would have every Blu-Ray and DVD of anything ever as a part of all of the knowledge. ...Along with internet access. Tongue

I'd totally live there if that were the case.
Totally, plus libraries are awesome. So...much...knowledge. Tongue
Yeah, but not much along the lines of food as Professor Zuei(?) proved to us. xD
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015 09:31 pm by The_Xov » Logged

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #256 on: Jul 01, 2015 09:28 am »

Shu Jing.

Whoa! I never would have guessed that, given its seemingly-natural beauty. I suppose strip-mining would explain the grooves we see in the landscape, though, and reason for being close to water, if we're being practical here.

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #257 on: Jul 01, 2015 04:51 pm »

Yeah, I wrote a whole fanfiction describing how those ridges got there through erosion and water paths and tectonics blah blah blah, only for my beta to say, "Lady, it was typical Fire Nation anti-environmentalism."

Good thing I disowned that story.

Riptide
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why you mad?

« Reply #258 on: Jul 01, 2015 06:57 pm »

Fire Fountain City is where all the scammers go Cool
Plus there is a freaking FIRE FOUNTAIN.
True Delights
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger...

« Reply #259 on: Jul 27, 2015 07:19 am »

Eastern Air Temple, the countryside of every nation, really. Probably the North Pole and the desert... I am not that sure, actually. Everything seems so beautiful and fascinating!

KatrinaKadabra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #260 on: Jul 30, 2015 03:25 am »

I'd like to see the Fire Nation palace. But... at some point in its history when I wouldn't be immediately attacked with fire for showing up there.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #261 on: Aug 04, 2015 09:48 pm »

Am I the only person who would love to go to Whaletail Island? There is a lot of mystery surrounding the island. It is colored white on the world map, so that means it is Air Nomad territory. Perhaps the Air Nomads spent a lot of time visiting the island for pilgrimages and farming. It's location in the South Sea also means it would likely be cool, but not too cold.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #262 on: Aug 05, 2015 06:52 pm »

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as "Air Nomad territory." Those white islands could simply be unclaimed. The Air Nomads themselves seemed to be solely affiliated with their temples, and three of those were right in the middle of other nations, not those white territories.

Of course, as any following Japanese/Chinese modern politics can tell you, islands with no obvious national affiliation could make for beginnings to all kinds of excitement.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #263 on: Aug 10, 2015 05:18 pm »

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as "Air Nomad territory." Those white islands could simply be unclaimed. The Air Nomads themselves seemed to be solely affiliated with their temples, and three of those were right in the middle of other nations, not those white territories.

Of course, as any following Japanese/Chinese modern politics can tell you, islands with no obvious national affiliation could make for beginnings to all kinds of excitement.

Air Nomads land is a pretty loose term. As for 3 temples not being in the white-colored territory, what do you mean? The Northern Air Temple was not in white-colored territory and that's it.

Anyways, who else would want to go to Wulong Forest? It seems like a great place to explore and meditate. The idea of rocky spires near a small lake and forest really appeals to me.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #264 on: Aug 14, 2015 04:16 pm »

I think I would like to visit Fire Nation the most. It looks very diverse, big and with lots of things I like. Too bad we never really saw the capital or something like that. A place like that could be fun to live in.

Nonbending J
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #265 on: Aug 22, 2015 01:17 pm »

Probably Ba Sing Se, if it hasn't been conquered by Azula if the time period I'm in sends me back to the past.
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #266 on: Sep 02, 2015 04:14 pm »

Probably Ba Sing Se, if it hasn't been conquered by Azula if the time period I'm in sends me back to the past.

Ba Sing Se is a terrible place to live. In both series.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #267 on: Sep 02, 2015 06:16 pm »

The Upper Ring isn't bad, if you can afford it, and you're loyal to the government without being too cozy to the government.

Granted, that's a very specific social status.

Camo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #268 on: Sep 02, 2015 06:54 pm »

I would prefer to live in a quiet place than the busy streets of Ba Sing Se. I would choose the Western Air Temple, Piandao's backyard(literally), or Kyioshi Island.
gwiddle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A man is a weaponee just as a weapon is a manee.

« Reply #269 on: Jan 04, 2016 10:22 pm »

I thought the Earth Kingdom village in Winter Solstice would be nice to live.

ThePeacefulGuru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #270 on: Jan 23, 2016 12:12 am »

The Southern Water Tribe, all four of the Air Temples, Omashu, and the fire nation, Ember Island here I come

"The heart of the fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart" - Ben Franklin
Baefong
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #271 on: Jan 28, 2016 05:15 am »

I would love to visit Zaofu, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #272 on: Feb 29, 2016 05:17 pm »

I always thought Kyoshi Island looked like a nice place to live. Has a great, rich culture, relaxing beaches, a friendly, close-knit community (when they're not feeding tourists to the local sea monster, anyway), plus Kyoshi Island pretty much stayed out of the Hundred Year War, so that's always an bonus! Cheesy   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #273 on: Mar 08, 2016 10:12 am »

I would love to live in Ember Island. The environment there seems similar to a combination of Hawaii and Florida.

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #274 on: Mar 08, 2016 07:50 pm »

I'd like to visit this place:

I don't particularly care about the spa, but the location seems cool.

Also, Air Temple Island seemed like it'd be nice to visit. ...Maybe when Meelo's away though. Zaofu seemed cool too, at least as a place to visit prior to Korra's arrival.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: