Sep 21, 2014 01:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're looking for where the live-action movie thread went, read this announcement.

ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bending Arena - Facebook Application/Pc-Game - 18.05 - TRY IT NOW, TESTING BEGUN  (Read 6312 times)
Active
Untethered

Airbender, only as a hobby

« on: Feb 28, 2009 02:17 pm »

Bending Arena - Facebook Application/Game - NOW OPENED!

Hello everyone! A long time ago I wanted to play a text-based game based upon the Avatar-universe, but I could not find one single one. Therefor I decided to make my own. This is my "under production"-thread. The game is not finished, at all, but open beta-testing has begun! Click here to install. The game is text-based with levels, numbers and calculations. Sound hard, but it is in fact really simple once you get the grip of it.

Pictures (work in progress!)
- Beta 0.5

- Alpha 0.4

- Alpha 0.3

- Alpha 0.2.2

- Alpha 0.2.1

- Alpha 0.2

- Alpha 0.1

History
The history behind this game is not yet finished. My idea is that you are one of many attenders in the Bending Arena. After the war was over there was a great peace. But some people found this boring and they had nothing to use their bending-skills. Because of this the Bending Arena was built in the great city of the Earth Nation called Ba Sing Sai. Based on your bending, birthplace and nation you will have a simple backstory. You have come all the way from (for example) the Southern Watertribe to fight against other benders from all over the world in the biggest bending-competition in the world. When you enter the Arena you will be weaker than most of the other attenders, but by spending hours training, jobbing and fighting you will slowly rise in ranks and experience.

A quick overview
The maingoal of this game is to get as high as you can on the ranking-list. There are several lists, depending on what you want to spend your time on. There are 6 actions and fighting and duelling. The actions are; training, jobbing, moves, chakras, tasks, and banking. Every day you are given 12 training-points. With these you can train one of 11 levels for either 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour. The levels are listed belove. All of them are more or less important in either attacking, hitting, defending or stealing goal and you must train with your own strategy. Jobbing is to earn money, which is a big deal in the arena. Training moves unlock special moves you have a chance to execute during a fight. Charkas needs mediating in order to be unlock. Once all the 7 chakras are unlocked you will have a chance to enter a special state in a fight if you are in danger, similar to the avatar state Aang experiences. Tasks are like training, but you can earn experience in several skills at once. Banking involves moving money, either from your house to the bank, or the other way around. Money in you house can be stole, the money in the bank can not. However, you can only shop with the money you have in the house, and money earned by jobbing is automatically put there too.

Normal levels:
  • Strength
  • Speed
  • Courage
  • Stealth
  • Energy
  • Luck
  • Agility

Bendinglevels:
  • Elemental power
  • Elemental endurance
  • Elemental mastering
  • Elemental understanding

Real-time
The biggest difference from other applications is that the game is 100% real-time, meaning that if you decide to train you can either train for 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours and during this time you will not be able to do anything else. This is to simulate that you are doing something, rather than training in less than 5 seconds. Fights take in total 5 hours, and you can job for as long as you like, but it will automatically end after 12/24 hours and you have to restart it after that. This is all indicated by clocks and counters that will appear.

Upcoming/planed features
Gaangs will not be in the first version of the game. Gaangs will work just like in the series. You can team up with 1-9 other players and to gaang-fights in the arena. This is not planed at all, and will not be started on within the next 4 months (or more!).

Current Progress: (Updated 24.02.10)
- Game-core: 90% (+15% at 24.02.10)

- Homepage: 80% (+10% at 24.02.10)
- Minifeed: 50% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Achivements-display: 0%
- Achivements-functunality: 0%
- Profilepage: 40% (+30% at 17.08.09)
- Inbox/Messagesystem: 0% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Select opponent: 90% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Fight function: 90% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Ballance fight: 70% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Train levels: 90% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Train moves: 95% (+15% at 29.12.09) (considered finished)
- Moves function: 80% (+10% at 24.02.10)
- Balance train: 80% (+30% at 24.02.10)
- Bank-system: 80% (+20% at 13.09.09)
- Bet: 90% (+10% at 20.09.09)
- Job: 95% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Fight-history: 90% (+90% at 30.12.09)
- Duel: 70% (+30% at 20.09.09)
- Ranks: 0% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Shop: 40% (+30% at 24.02.10)
- Inventory: 50% (+50% at 24.02.10)
- Friends: 40% (+40% at 17.08.09)
- Settings: 50% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Functionality: 75% (+5% at 05.09.09)
- Layout: 20% (+10% at 05.09.09)
- Pictures: 0% (+0% at 14.08.09)
- Tab-bar: 50% (+20% at 16.08.09)
- Ajax stop-functions: 80% (+20% at 05.09.09)
- Ajax other-functions: 40% (+10% at 25.08.09)
- Cleanup source: 0% (+0% at 13.09.09)
- Equip and equipment behavior 60% (+20% at 24.02.10)

- Overall: 60% (+5% at 05.09.09)

January goals:
- Fix and finish bets
- Fix and finish duel-lines
- Fix and upgrade training
- Make Tasks
- Fix, finish and polish bank-functions

Stage:
1. Planing
2. Get an overview of the project
3. Early development
4. Middle development
5. Finishing development
6. Beta-testing

7. Code-cleanup and bug-fixing
8. Introduce gaangs
9. Final cleanup and polishing
10. Final version

The link to install the Facebook application is: http://apps.facebook.com/avatar-the-game/index.php
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:54 pm by Active » Logged

Bending Arena

Text-based game based on the Avatar-world, made as a Facebook application.
UNDER DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE COMMENT
Active
Untethered

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009 02:21 pm »

18.05.10 - YEAH!

During the past month the application I've worked hard with the application. It is more or less completed and functional now. Almost everything is working. Inbox, friends, actions are finished and somewhat balanced. There is a fair amount of equipment, potions and food in the shop. Balancing of leveing is completed and pretty much of the help-section is functional. Stuff that needs to be finished is the following: Lots of achievements, history-page, profile page, settings, better fight-page, hall of fame, repair and sell-pages. After that Bending Arena is more or less 100% completed. Please test as much as you'd like!!

27.04.10 - Betatesting!

The link to install the Facebook application is: http://apps.facebook.com/avatar-the-game/index.php

21.04.10 - Soon there

Okey, the progress is still there. I spend a few hours every week to complete this game. A lot is finished, and only some small functions are left. The inbox and possibility to send messages to other users is finished, along with the friend-system. All the actions are finished, althought I have to ballance some of them again. Potions are working in fights, but I have some small stuff that is unfinished on that part. The shop is filled with different types of armor/equipment. Potions and food will soon be added, in huge amount. The stuff that is missing right now is 'Sell', 'Repair' and 'Ranks'. The rest is more or less finished. Stay tuned for more information in near future!

21.02.10 - Even more progress

I've spent many hours for the past few weeks, or the last month, actually and the whole thing is coming together very nicely.  The training-function is nicely balanced, which is about time. Moves are considered 100% finished. The shop and the inventory is partly finished. The work that needs to be done is the potion-shop and the potion-inventory. The rest works great. Chakras is soon finished, just some more work there and I think it's okey. The last action that is not finished at all is tasks. I guess I will try to fix this during this week, or something. Furthermore, the frontpage is now showing nice information and the new design is nice and slick. New pictures will come soon!

25.01.10 - More progress

I've spent a few days making some really good progress in the application. I've made some progress here and there. Polished a few errors and fixed a couple of bugs. The real progress however is in the level and point-system. I dropped the old version of the training-function, which was version 2, in favor of version 3. In this version, which I think will be the final, I have completely dropped the whole idea of levels, accept main-level. I have introduced something called growth rate. This is hard to explain without going in details when it comes to the mathematic formulas. I can say that it has to do with balancing so you can't train just one level, say strength, without training equally the other levels.

I have also fixed an early version of the inventory v2 and the equipment behavior v2. The new shop is also looking great. I will take a few pictures of this later, but I like that I have done so far. What comes next is tasks and something new called 'Chakras'. More info about this soon. The overall progress is looking awesome right now!

11.01.10 - New pictures

I promissed a few more pictures a few days ago. Time to show off the fighthistory page and how fights looks in this game.

The first picture is of the overview fighthistory-page. Here you can filter and select the stories you would like to view. It also provides the basic information.
In second picture is an example of a fighthistory. Much of this text is just for debugging and will not appear in the final game. Hope you like what you see Smiley

Later this week I will try to update and fix the training-function. It is, and has been, very broken for a while. I will also add some bad/good/excellent-randommizer in the function. In addition I will try to fix the bank-function, which is broken for some reason. If I have enough time I will try to begin coding the task-functions. But some stuff is undecided there, and I need to figure out a few things there first.

30.12.09 - Back on track

I worked alot yesterday and today with the application. Moves are working perfectly now, and the functionality is considered as finished. The same goes for Fighthistories. I've created a page where you can search thought old fights and duels. It's working really good now, and I am pleased with the final design. What I will do now is to begin at ranks and code "stuff-you-can-earn". At the same time I will take a look at achievements and training, both of them needs a makover. I have also planed several more achievements that are not implanted yet.

29.12.09 - Apology

Hello there, people. First and foremost I must say SORRY. I've taken a long break from developing this application and I am sorry. What I can say now is that I am back, and I work pretty hard to get something ready before the summer. I hope I can get a playable version finished pretty soon, but there is so much that needs to be done, and so many things that only I know how to do correctly/fix that most people will struggle to understand how to simply play the game. I've used some hours now and tried to get an overview of stuff that I must fix, stuff that is somewhat broken and missing stuff. The list is pretty long, with I believe that everything is within the reach. I can really make this application. The first goal is to make a playable version, then fix the oblivious mistakes. Later I will try to optimize the speed and make the code behind the game simpler. When all this is done I will begin to work on the design of the application. As you can see, there is a lot to do, and the time is short. A half year is over in a snap and I have a lot stuff going on RL now.

My nearest plans is to fix the duels. For some reason the next duel in line does not start, and there is not possible to search for people you want to duel. When this is done I will once again take a look at moves. They are very broken, but seems to be working in fights. Later I will take a look at actions, which I never started on. I will try to update you as often as I can (when there is something to report, of course). So, just stay tuned. The project is not dead, but there's been a looooong break. For what reason? Ehm....I don't actually know.

12.10.09 - Slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hello everyone. Just a little update here. I have not had a lot time to work on the application, but I've fixed the duels, meaning that there are just a few more goals left untill I will make a new list. The training-function will be a mix between my plan 2.5 and 3.0, I tried some testing a few days ago, but version 3.0 was not like I had hoped, so I am moving some of the basic elements to the 2.0 version and calling it 2.5. Just minor stuff, but nice to notice. The fights are more balanced and better than ever before. In addition I have started to plan the new equipment-behavior, but I have a long way left. I plan to make the equipment 4 or 5 pieced. Body, legs, boots, head and arms, but this is not final, yet. Stay tuned a few more weeks and I'll make a good and up lighting update. I wrote this because there's been a while since I last reported anything Smiley

20.09.09 - Rise & Shine

Hi there! Time for a new update. I've almost completed all the stuff I mentioned the last time I wrote an update here. The duel-system is correctly working, but not perfect. You can send a request to a player, the player can accept it. If you are both free the duel will start right away, if not the duel will be placed in line. The scripts that fix this line is not optimized, yet, so I need to get rid of some bugs there. Betting is working, but the payment is not written yet, so you will not receive any money or get any messages if you win anything. I have not started to code the Tasks yet, but I plan to complete it the next week. In addition, I must also figure out the train-function. I stand between using my train-version 2 in a new and updated version, or recode the whole thing to train-version 3. They are pretty different and either way will include a lot coding, but I must settle on one of the two version. More info about that is coming soon.

Also, I have updated the bank-function. It works very good now, with a section to view your transaction-history and possibility to upgrade your bank-account. In addition to finishing the bank-system and the betting-system I want to code Tasks and beginning at the new training-version. Al ot to do, in other words. After that, the light in the tunnel is getting closer. The first version is not that far from going live. I aim towards Christmas or something like that.

12.09.09 - Some stuff

Hey again. Well, there's been a while since my last update, therefor I might forget some updates made from the last time to now, you see I've worked really hard the past weeks. First off is that all the counters have been redone and is now using ajax instead of Javascript and redirecting. As I describes in the post above; this game is realtime, meaning that if you decide to train that training will not be over when you click the button, instead you have to wait a amount of minutes before you can do anything else. Before you were always redirected to a new page when training, banking and fighting was finished, this is no longer neccesary. It took some time, and the game could function without it, but I decided to add it now, rather than later.

Also, I finally found out how to solve the duel-problem. The way this is working now is: You send a duelrequest to...say Aang. Before that duel starts Aang must accept. After that the duel will begin if none of you have any duels in progress and it is the first in line. If Aang first accepts another duel before your you have to wait till it's done. This means that you can duel while you train, fight, job and doing transactions. Wierd you say? Hmm, agreed, but it's the only good way to solve this problem.

Also, the bank-functions have been updated a bit, the betting is updated a bit, but it's still missing a bit. The idea I mentioned earlier will be added before anyone here can try this application. It will be called Tasks and will include stuff where you earn experience in more that one skill at the time, which is different from normal training. However, this will only give you a small boost, compared to normal training. There will also be a training-limit each day, but this is not decided, yet. More info around that will come later.

The next things that will be added is a duel-system that is working, making the betting work 100% and adding Tasks. I update here once that is finished! So long

01.09.09 - The new design (test)

So, this is just a test, but the idea of chinise signs representing everything in this game is very old, and I would like to stick to it, if you like it (ofc). So what do you think?

29.08.09 - Some more pictures

Hello! Finally I got around and took a few more pictures. Kind of funny if you compare them with the first ones. The progress is pretty easy to spot!

(The 1st picture is showing the bank-system in realtime. You enter how much money you want to take in/out of the bank and it calculates the time for you. The 2nd is the updated frontpage. The old one is below in this post. The 3rd is a picture of the achievements-page. Still under heavy development. The 4th is the new "select an oponent"-page, with a profile-popup-window in the center. The last picture is the betting-page in very early state. Hope you enjoy these pictures! More comming soon!)

17.08.09 - More, more, more!

Hello again. The past 3 days have been very productive.

First, the moves are pretty much working 100% percent right now. Both the training and the chance at starting a special-move in a fight is working great. Now I just need to ballance the whole thing and find names, description and stories for all of them. I guess that is something that will happen a bit later along with all the other text and pictures. Second, I added a bonch of new achievements and I have began to work in making them all function. That is perhaps one of the biggest jobs in the whole application. Blah, seems to take forever, but I got a few of them up and running already. Bear with me here.

Also, the shop has been a bit redone. You can now buy multiple items at once, not just one and one like before. The "tab" where all the links to the different pages has been complety chanced and is now a tab/dropdownmenu. Alot work remains here, but I like the design alot. It is very Facebook-ish. I also had to move some links because the were too many of them side-by-side. I need to fix the order at a later point.

Now, the biggest thing. I found a problem in the application a looong time ago, but could not come up with a solution to fix it. The problem has to do with money. In the "old days", meaning a few days ago the user had all his/hers available at all times. In fight you have a chance at stealing/winning some of this gold, but how much will be fair and how much will destory the gameplay? This was a pain in the ass to find, therefore I came up with the idea of a bank. The bank had to be a place were you could have your money without beeing afraid of loosing them, but at the same time it had to be a downside with the bank, or else everyone would just move their money there as soon they could. Therefor is the trademark for this application "real-time-timers" introduced in the bank too. Say you have 1000 gold on you and you want to put all this in the bank. The traveltime from your "house" to the bank is always 5 minutes, but reduced with your speed, agility and strenght-points. The weight of the gold however makes the time longer. I decided to go with the norwegian wight of ~5gram for 0.1 gold, meaning that 1000 gold will give your character 5kg extra to carry. You can lift/carry as much as you like, but the time will be longer and longer the more gold you decide to move. This goes for money taken out of the bank too. In addidtion, you must upgrade your bank-account to hold over xxx gold (as an upper limit). This fee will be pretty much, and it is simply to make people not having all the money in the bank. I also planed to add a 10% fee on everything that is put into your bank-account, but I am not sure if will be too much, or not. I'll take a look at this later.

The final part today is that I began working a bit in the duels and they should not take as long as first feared. A week or so and they should be up and running. The only downside is that I begin at school again on wednesday. I wonder how much homework we will get this semester... Hmm. Anyways, I'll keep you updated. I edit the progress-section above every time I do some progress on the application. Be sure to take a look at it some time!

14.08.09 - Just a little note!

I've done some small improvements since my last update, but I post this just to tell you that I just made a progress-overview in the 1st post. Please take a look at it. Easier for you to watch my current progress and what I have improved over the last few days. I will also inform you a bit more about the Bank-system that I came up with just a few hours ago. The idea is written down, now I just need to fix the whole thing Smiley

09.08.09 - Awsome!

Hello people. The summer did not turn out excacly how it began. The bad weather came after a while and I was stuck inside. Therefor I have made a huuuge progress in the application since last time I wrote an update. Listen to this guys. First of all, I decided to redo the whole training-thing. Now you train for either 30minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours. When you are done training you gain points in the skill you just trained. The longer session you train, the more points you earn. When you are level 1 you need 10 points to gain a new level, then you are at level 2 and have 10 points you need 10*1,25 = 12,5 points, and so on. Because of this the whole fight had to be redone.

More...I have fixed the fight-function, it runs perfect right now. The function where you select who you want to fight has been redone too. I had a huge problem with time and timezones, but after several hours of testing (and failing), I finally found the problems and fixed them. It feels sooo good to have that problem out of the way.

I came up with an idea called Moves. Moves are special attacks that can start in a fight. You must train up moves from 0% learned to 100% in order to unlock the next move. The more a move is learned, the bigger chance you get to activate it.

The shop has been redone, the inventory is going to be redone pretty soon. I optimized the code with a new language I just learned; Ajax. The betting-function is comming together. It all looks pretty neet, but it does not work...yet.

And one last thing. I came up with the idea of Gaangs. I will add this in the game at a much later time. Gaangs will work like small clans, with a limit of 6-7-8 people. They can in bigger matches fight against other Gaangs and achive ranks and so on. As I said, this is far into the future and will not be done before 90% of the other stuff is fixed.

I would say the total progress of the game is near 60% right now. I plan to open a beta in late September, perhaps October. I will post some more pictures as soon as possible. I really want to show you how this game is looking right now. I am sooo pleased!

Older stories
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:57 pm by Active » Logged

Bending Arena

The Quaint Quill
Untethered

Awesome graphics set by Luna!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009 02:46 pm »

Sounds like a good idea, and I will definitely join it once you're finished.

However, this should really have been made in fan-media or flyer post.

Guess who's back? Back again?
Huddy's back. Tell your friends!
Clandestine
Untethered

Have i ever told you about that bunny, no? well...

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009 02:58 pm »

sounds great! I'll use it when it's done!(i have facebook)

I was made for lovin' you baby
my DA| |Graphics by me
As a great man once said, wait until they get a load of me.
Active
Untethered

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2009 10:22 am »

Very old news posts:

27.07.09 - Summer!

Hello guys. First and formost, I am sorry, but the summer turn out a little different than what I expected. You see, I live in Norway, a country with...ehm...pretty bad weather. And the beginning of this summer has been kickass. I've been outside the house all day long, and therefor the progress has been...around zero. Before the vacation, tho, I made some changes and updates. Listen guys; I've redone the whole redirect and message-system. You should not be effected by this, but it means that the user can recive several messages when he/she loges in. The redirect-part was changed due to the message-system, hard to explain. I've also worked hard on the security and updated some of the pages to be 100% safe. The job-function is working perfect now, calculating not only hours, but also minutes worked. I've decided to add duels to the game. You can challenge anyone to a duel, even those >10> levels above/belove you. In other news, I decided to add 'Arena Titles', more info around this later. Last, but not least, I've decided to add achivements. I don't have any, yet, but I plan to sit down and make some creative ones soon. Please, give me some ideas here, people!

It might take a while before I post again, but I will try to do some minor stuff on rainy days. Just wait untill August/September, then I will work like crazy!

30.06.09 - Harder, better, stronger!

I keep working on this project. I can soon see a light at the end of the tunnel, and that is great. The combat seems to work very smooth now. Hits, chances and fightes are good ballanced and works perfect. Yesterday I made an update to the inventory-script. You can now equip stuff and it works great. The only pice missing here is that the script doesn't remove the item you equiped during battle. I need to fix that later today or next week. Also, the Elo or "Arena points/Game points" are working great. Users gain/lose points while fight and the code seemst to work really good. Hopefully I don't need to do anything about that part. I am working now to optimice the code to make it as quick as possible to load. I will take some new pictures soon to show you some more of when I've done. The pices are really comming together and I've done alot since I took the first 3 pictures earlier this month. So, just stay tuned. You people can start testing it pretty soon (I think).

Plans for next week: Make the real battlehistory. When you are done figthing you are redirected to a page telling you the detailes about the battle.

27.05.09 - Awsome work!

I did a lot of work yesterday. And I came up with a (simple) name of the application. How does: Avtar Arena sound? I did a lot of work with the combat part and I would say that it is almost finished by now. The only thing missing is the stories, but as I said a while ago, I think they will be done later. I had some problems with the equipment boost, but I managed to get it to work around 12 last night. That was awsome. I just need to figure out some simple stuff about hitting values. But I take that later. Now I will work more around the Elo system. I also plan to add titles that you gain when your arena score increase or decrese. If you have ever played Oblivion, you might recognice some of the titles. Yeah, if I haven't said it before, the Elo system is the chess-system in my own version. Every time you fight anyone you gain more if you win or lose if you lose the match. According to this score your title changes. I plan to add many titles so it will be exciting to fight your way up. I also need to ballance the points more. It a pain in the ass to figure it out right. It will take some time.

I'll try to do some more later this week. I have a math-test tomorrow, but after that I'll have some free time to work!

23.05.09 - A big break, sorry!

I am going at school, for those who didn't know and I sometimes got alot to do. I haven't had time to do much this week. Last week I had easter-vacation and didn't do (almost) anything. Therefor the progress has been pretty slow lately. But on the other side, I've done quiet pretty things. First and foremost I added and edited all the levels yesterday. Now they match the idea I had (and wrote here) a while ago. Just like I wanted it to be. Now I just need to rewrite all the combat so it records and calculate the right levels. I've also written a code that uses a chess-calcualtor to calculate points you earn or points you loose. I do this to rank the users the right way. I also finished the win/lost to defensive, offensive and overall. It is working smooth now. And I did some work to rewrite the "find people to fight"-functions. It is working very smooth right now. Ah! And now you can equip stuff to boost your stats. I will add the bonus-stats in the fight-function ass soon as I can.

31.04.09 - More pictures!

I snaped two more pictures today. The first is a overview over other people you can attack/fight. All the values are unfinished, but the fight itself is working. The second picture is showing the Report Bug! in progress. The 3rd picture is from the 28th.

28.04.09 - First picture!

Ok, finally, I can't wait anymore. Here is the first picture of the application. Everything in red is just there temperary for me. It's not completed at all and I am 99% sure this won't be the final layout.

Any ideas around this picture? Or questions?

28.04.09 - Still here!

The last 6 days haven't been very productive. I've done some coding and fixed some errors here and there. The biggest challange was to re-code the fight-page. As of today, it's very nice. I need to add some more information and scripts to it later, but I'll leave it for now. Things I am going to work more on in the next week is: the shop, inventory, registation. The shop is up and running in an very bad state. It's not possible to buy anything yet, but all the information is there. I still need some help to come up with more items to add in the list. There are no iventory as of today, but I will begin to work on that as soon as the buy-script is working. I also need to redo the registation-form, where you first meet the application. I plan to make it like a short journey where you are introduced to different things in the game, like a tutorial. Well, I promiss that within 2 or 3 weeks I will show you some pictures.

22.04.09 - Please read!

Hello guys. Finally this thread is moved to the right forum. Great! Now I need some help from you! Please read this post!

21.04.09 - More and more!

Well, I was busy for 3 days where I didn't do anything at all, but yesterday I did some improvement to the codes and added some features. I've spoken alot with a member of this community here, and together we came up with the idea of jobs. You see, money is a big part of this game, but we found out that it could be some problems. Before you could earn money by figthing (and winning) against others and by betting on matches, but we found out that the chances of getting 0 money was pretty big, so we came up with a new way to earn money. You can whenever you like (unless you fight or train ofc) start to work. Your level decided what jobs you can start. When you are at low-level the jobs are bad and so is the payment, by as you grow stronger you can do better paid jobs. For now I have only one job in my list, but please, give me some ideas, here. The figthing-function is comming great. It is almost finished. All I need to do now is to work the combat-history out. I started at a early version yesterday and...well, I need a lot of writing. Hopefully there are some people here that can help me. But more of that later. Today I should have started to make inventory and a shop, but I haven't, yet. It's hopefully finished within the week Smiley Stay tuned for more.

15.04.09 - Getting there!

I am still working alot trying to put this together. I used a lot time yesterday and today writing the combat-script. I would say it works pretty good now. I still need to code some more detailes and the overall code is about 50-70% finished. I need to figure some MySQL out and all the text for the combat-stories are not finished. I think I will do those later. The training-function is all working, you can search for people to fight, you can start a fight and everything is running smooth there. But when the fight is supposted to happen it is just over, this is because I havn't written the final combat-script yet (as I wrote over), so I will fix that later. What I need to fix now is the attack-, defensive- and overall-records. Bet I will do that tomorrow or on Thuesday. It's a bit work right there. After that I need to write a shop where you can buy potions, food and other stuff to boost your stats. I haven't made that a part of the game yet, so for now, the potions won't have any effect. Stay tuned. Things are beginning to look pretty good. I still need the design, but the frames and everything is there. Stay around a week or more and I'll show you a picture or two! That's all for now

10.04.09 - Still working!

I've been quiet for 3 days, oh my. Well. I just want to tell you that even tho I am not posting here all the time (I think I am doing it too often already) I am still working on the application. I spend a few hours almost every day. The progress is great. Today I've done a huge job at the settings-page. Not it is possible to choose timezone and what time- and date-format you want to use. As well as a function to upload pictures (as an avatar). The training-function is now up and working, but it's not optimiced...yet. It is possible to "hack" and I need to figure some smart things out. But it is possible to train and gain levels and points (I am currently level 5 on one of my dummies! HA). Tomorrow I must finish the work at the setting-page by adding possibility to change your sex and a way to choose your privatcy. Not a big deal, should only take some hours.

After that the huge work at the fighting-part begins. I've written all the basic code around the figthing-functions, but..oh my. It will take some time to complete it. I am also thinking about add some basic things to the Shop, I need them when I am coding the fight-function, but I was thinking of adding it later in the production. Also, the Bet-system is comming up. I've not started at it...yet, but I will soon. Stay tuned for more Smiley

07.04.09 - More progress!

Things are going smooth. Every day I'm getting one step closer to show you guys this application. Remember that the design is the last thing I will do, so before that, everything else must be done. Meaning that the application's design now is terrible and put together within a few minutes. The real work I've done is in the core of the game, making it possible to level and so on. I've decided some now stuff I came up with yesterday, so I will rewrite the first post...again. The first week with this application is done, and the progress is awsome!

04.04.09 - A good day!

I've been working on my script about 5 hours today. The results are great. I finally managed to fix some javascript, meaning that the fight and train-function are ready to be coded. Give me a month and I am sure a pre-alpha version should be finished. I've also created an early version of the combat-script. The key-elements are coded now. The rest is comming quickly. As far as I know, there should be no very hard jobs left to do. I'll need some time to figure out a smart way to code the fighting-squences right, and the combat-histories are going to be a pain in the ass, but...there is light in the tunnel. As I said, give me a little more time, and I'll show you how good this application somewhere in the future can be.

I am very happy around this project, I have huge thoughts about it. Perhaps I need some help later, but I will inform you as soon as possible!
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010 04:19 pm by Active » Logged

Bending Arena

Active
Untethered

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2009 11:00 am »

Are noone into this idea?

Bending Arena

Clandestine
Untethered

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2009 11:33 am »

I like the idea i'm just not good with making ideas.... maybe you can make it like the pirates of the Caribbean  online were you can talk to people but you have to do  quests and stuff \(0.o)/

my DA| |Graphics by me
Active
Untethered

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2009 01:00 pm »

Well, quests will be added.

I didn't think of talking to people, but perhaps adding a message system ingame. Not sure about this, yet.

Bending Arena

Clandestine
Untethered

« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2009 01:03 pm »

yeah like chat or something Tongue

my DA| |Graphics by me
Active
Untethered

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2009 07:14 am »

I've kind of changed my mind. Will rewrite the first post later today.

Kind of dropped the whole idea about a map and quests and sentered all my focus around combat. Stay tuned.

Bending Arena

Active
Untethered

« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2009 03:47 pm »

Like that. Updated my first post. Please comment here. Sorry for bump

Bending Arena

The Quaint Quill
Untethered

« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2009 06:23 pm »

on facebook, try out "My heroes" application. I think that's what it's called *goes to check*.

It sounds like a good way to do this.

EDIT: My Heroes Ability. That's what it's called.

Active
Untethered

« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2009 02:25 am »

I'll take a look at it. The application seems very good.

Will try to write a first version of the combat-script today. Need some advanced random-script to generate the right chances to hit or miss.

Bending Arena

Active
Untethered

« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2009 05:38 pm »

Wrote an update

Bending Arena

Active
Untethered

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2009 03:58 pm »

Wrote another update. Does anyone have any thoughts around this? Smiley

Bending Arena

beast93boy
Untethered

« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2009 04:01 pm »

Cool, I'll check it out.

"The worth of victory is the sum of the risk and the sacrifice."
Active
Untethered

« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2009 12:20 pm »

Thanks! I'll try to keep you guys updated. Many of the functions are comming together nicely. Will begin to code fighting-functions today. It's going to be a pain in the ass.

Bending Arena

Active
Untethered

« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2009 04:58 pm »

Wrote yet another update. Lots of progress since I wrote for 5 days ago.

Can a mod move this to...Rolleplay? I think that would be more right than here. If no respons I'll send a PM to a random mod

Bending Arena

Forau
ASN Management
Untethered

« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2009 04:41 am »

Moved to Fan Media where it belongs.
Active
Untethered

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2009 10:40 am »

Thanks.

Jobs

I asked for help here about jobs. I am currently working on adding some of them. Jobs I've added this far:

• Prision Guard
  • Assistent In The Dai Li
  • Tea Shop Owner
  • Tea Server
  • Zoo Keeper
  • Work At The Spa
  • Clean Sky Bison Droppings

If anyone have more ideas. Please post them here.

Shop

Yes, there is one more thing. I am currently working on a shop where you can buy stuff to boost your stats while figthing. There are 3 categories: Potions, defensive equipment and offensive equipment. Does anyone have any ideas about things I can add? Smiley

Bending Arena

The Quaint Quill
Untethered

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am »

Spirit water could work as a potion...And that shop in Sokka's Master that sold all the swords and armor could work. If you ever become a master bender, a job could be teaching someone bending. And another feature could be an NPC that is the Avatar, so that if you do start teaching bending, it could come to a point that the Avatar will randomly come up and choose to ask you to teach him. Though, of course, he would then go to Everybody's teaching places at certain points so that it isn't set on just one person.

Will you be able to open up your own shop?

Active
Untethered

« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2009 11:08 am »

I've thought of Spirit Water myself.

The idea of a shop is that there is a long list of things to buy and all you simply do it buy them Tongue Nothing more than that. There is no real person that you are shopping from, so the idea of opening an own shop is...hm...not in the picture.

I liked the Avatar-idea tho. I can make a script that runs every night, picking out a random man to train him. The payment should be pretty neat. Good idea, thanks!

Bending Arena

The Quaint Quill
Untethered

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2009 11:13 am »

You're welcome. And will we be able to go places, like, say I wanted to go to Omashu. Would I pay to take random sky bison number 214, or maybe a boat, or something like that? And would these different places have different things in their shops? Like maybe only the Northern Water Tribe has Spirit Water, and only the Fire Nation has Fire Flakes (+3 health!).

momo_toph26
Untethered

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2009 11:24 am »

Is this actually on facebook yet or is it still in the process of ideas and stuff.

Sig by arasam22
Active
Untethered

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2009 12:12 pm »

It is on faceboook, but hidden. Only I can add it at this point Tongue Give me a month and I'll let you join too.

Well, Hud, what you are talking about was my first idea. I was planing to build up the world with different places where you could travel by different transport...things, but Facebook had so many limits that I couldn't build it like I wanted, so I started with blank papers and took only a smal part of the idea I first had; the combat section.

My background-idea is that you have traveled to Ba Sing Sai where the biggest duel-arena is located. You are one of the people in the arena.

By the way, read my first post for some more information around levels.

Bending Arena

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: