Dec 08, 2019 05:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Avatar Comics  (Read 63388 times)
CorpseVendor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I See You

« on: Jan 23, 2009 10:42 pm »

I don't know if someone has mentioned this already or if its already in a thread, but I was checking my account on DeviantArt and an artist who (I think) worked on Avatar has said in her journal that there will be new avatar stories. Fun short stories that are set within the three seasons, and maybe a bit before. Check out her journal. Rufftoon at DeviantArt.com or the link she gives to preview some of the comics!

http://rufftoon.deviantart.com & http://community.livejournal.com/avatar_fans/2800860.html

If this has already been mentioned and whatnot, feel free to lock this thread.

See [DH Comics #0] The Lost Adventures for the official discussion thread of "The Lost Adventures", the book collection published with all the various Avatar comics that appeared in several different Nickmags. ~SMBH
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012 05:36 pm by SMBH » Logged

"Barking Spiders!"
Master_Waterbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Waterbending The Art of Beauty, Power, and Healing

15 Dan+Ariel
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009 12:48 am »

This is totally awesome! They're making comics about Kuzon! And the continuing activities of the Order of The White Lotus and the GAang! And Dragons!?! This is so cool!

Keeper of: Pakku's NWT Catamaran For His Southward Journey, Pakku's Amazing Water Spout, The Accepted Betrothal Necklace Pakku Gave to Kanna.
Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009 12:55 am »

I hope they can put out one giant comic book that has Zuko finding out what happened to Ursa.
But the last comic they ever show should be the Sukka wedding.

Of course these comics will probably just be things like the Gaang playing pranks on each other and etc.
Master_Waterbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

15 Dan+Ariel
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2009 01:12 am »

No way! Look at the pictures! There's Dragons and Old People and Bending and Dragons and The Order of The White Lotus and Dragons and... Did I mention Dragons?!

Keeper of: Pakku's NWT Catamaran For His Southward Journey, Pakku's Amazing Water Spout, The Accepted Betrothal Necklace Pakku Gave to Kanna.
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:01 am »

Awesome Cheesy
Im adding some to my favorites!

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
ina300
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:28 am »

It looks like Bumi and Toph fight. Also, Aang and Kuzon have some adventure involving dragons.
boonducks
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:29 am »

I hope they can put out one giant comic book that has Zuko finding out what happened to Ursa.

I would hate this.  It should happen in the show or not happen at all.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2009 07:31 am »

*Flail* Kuzon and Aang go dragon watching! Whoo-hoo! Something tells me Kuzon is the son of one of those FN guys in one of the panels with the egg-like object.

OWL and earthbending goodness galore! I think I'm going to tear up in happiness. *sniff*

Must stalk bookstores like a hawk now.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
mindbender1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh yeah baby...I rock! sig=guitarfreak magic!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2009 12:41 pm »

Hallelujah!!!!  WoooHooo!!!!!  Bout time!!!!!  *passes out*

Keeps: Aang's Kanelephant Strut, training blindfolded, & all of his cool disappearances
Lin's zipping Bolin's fly, Meelo's fartbending ability, Aang's tenderness to Korra
Butterfinger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2009 01:47 pm »

This is the most awesome Avatarded thing I've seen since... last night, when I was having an Avatarpalooza by watching the Avatar marathon and playing Avatar: Into the Inferno on my DS. Grin

But this is made of awesomesauce. Full of win. I am so getting a Nick magazine now. Of course, I have that original magazine issue, so maybe I'll start a collection. Tongue

Wasting ten seconds of your life ten seconds at a time.
Non-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Luke Skywalker's common sense

« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2009 01:49 pm »

OWL!!!  And... purple dragon egg? :p

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2009 02:23 pm »

Kuzon looks a lot different then I thought he would Cheesy very interesting, thank you for posting!

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2009 02:34 pm »

Hope it will be posted on the Nick website one day since the Nick Magazine doesn't ship to my country Tongue

There is no refuge but in audacity. No salvation other than in strength.

"It is better to live one hundred years in wealth than seven days in poverty." - Bob Rock
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:30 pm »

For a breif second, I thought that figure hunched over with the egg in his hand was Iroh at Ba-Sing-Se...but I'm satified just by seeing little ol' Kooz' this comic will surely be worth the wait.
Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The truth? About what?

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2009 07:56 pm »

Well, look at that. Avatar dragons do indeed lay eggs. And the gold-covered one Zuko picked up was the same size... Cool

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2009 07:59 pm »

Well, look at that. Avatar dragons do indeed lay eggs. And the gold-covered one Zuko picked up was the same size... Cool

Maybe one of the dragons will be purple! Shocked

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Lijde
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2009 09:02 pm »

Woah, I always imagined Kuzon would be a bit skinnier, but I'm glad he's still incredibly cute. Cheesy
*spazzes over comics*
Malia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'd rather eat garbage lettuce than a dead body.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2009 01:53 am »

OWL!!!  And... purple dragon egg? :p

So the purple dragon theory lives. Cheesy It looked like Harry Potter to me. Roll Eyes

And yay for Kuzon. I'm way excited for Aang's adventures with him.

And YES. I hope for Ursa.

you're the greatest Avatard I know.

^ -tearbend- <3
Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2009 01:54 am »

Sweet. I've seen what Rufftoon's got already, but hey, the LJ is useful! I can't wait to see what more they do  Cool

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
zaeiir
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Brolin. Deal with it.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2009 01:13 pm »

Woot!! Maybe I won't miss this set of comics... x,D

Korra! Bolin! Mako! Together, we're team Avatar!
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2009 01:17 pm »

There is an Avatar comic in the current issue of the Nick Comics Club (it has the fairly odd parents on the cover) And well finnaly get to see what Kuzon looks like

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2009 03:27 pm »

More Avatar comics WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh, they're in Nick Magazine.

Undecided

Nick, I want to give you money. I want to. Please let me. I know your marketing department is staffed by idiots, so I'm going to help you out with this. This is Diamond. They ship comic books to stores. Make a dedicated Avatar comic, and then call Diamond. They will help you do the rest. And then you will have my money. Because I don't want to buy a magazine with iCarly on the cover just to get a 3 page Avatar adventure. Especially since you claim you're aiming for a higher audience age with some of these new things. 'Cause in case you weren't aware (and I find that totally believable), males in their teens and twenties do not give two shakes about True Jackson VP. I hope you take this advice in the benevolent spirit it was intended. Feel free to email me if you need any more help.

Kalandri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2009 03:36 pm »

And so it begins.... the Expanded Universe of Avatar.

In the beginning, it will be good... but once the movies have come and gone it will slowly become corrupted by the inevitable forces of stagnation and desperately rehashed plots...

But now, in its infancy, it is good.

DragonsZ0mG!
Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The truth? About what?

« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2009 05:34 pm »

Oh, they're in Nick Magazine.

[saddened rant]

Did you read Rufftoon's update on this?

Quote from: Rufftoon
For those of you who may not be able to have access to Nick magazine, no worries: all of the pages will eventually be posted on the Nick website.

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
Master_Waterbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

15 Dan+Ariel
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2009 05:59 pm »

Hey, just wondering, how canon do you think that these comics are? I mean considering that Rufftoon and other veritable, reliable Avatar show-artists are working on the comics, aren't they considered pretty much canonical? I mean if you look at the other ones, like that one called The Bridge dealing with what happened between Books Earth and Fire, I'd pretty much consider them canon, especially since what that comic detailed was later revealed in the actual show.

I'm sooo excited about these comics!

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: