May 24, 2017 06:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 253 (65.9%)
9 - 73 (19%)
8 - 37 (9.6%)
7 - 15 (3.9%)
6 - 2 (0.5%)
5 - 2 (0.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 371

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [113] The Blue Spirit  (Read 37030 times)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #250 on: Oct 05, 2010 05:10 am »

^ Still? It was only called that for a brief peroid before the episode even aired.

Some people really don't update enough.

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #251 on: Oct 05, 2010 03:31 pm »

I guess so. But, the description said,"A mysterious blue-masked hero saves Aang from the clutches of Zhao."

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #252 on: Oct 05, 2010 06:17 pm »

A mysterious blue-masked hero called the Red Spirit? Grin

Well, at least it's not obvious or anything. Tongue

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #253 on: Oct 05, 2010 11:18 pm »

Actually i think it might be aired this week on Nicktoons. Okay, well while I'm here, I should go ahead and give out my very brief review.

Not a bad episode. Gotta say I consider this the climax episode of Book 1. Made me know that Zuko never gave up on trying to capture Aang even though Zhao imprisoned him.

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #254 on: Oct 16, 2010 12:52 pm »

I like this episode because its shows that Zuko does care in somewhat of Aang way before book 3 came out, thats my opinion.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #255 on: Oct 27, 2010 05:54 pm »

NeeNee, is it possible to post the picture of what my cable provider put the name of this episode?

Sig Wanted
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #256 on: Oct 27, 2010 07:26 pm »

^ What do you mean? You're asking if you are allowed to post a picture? Go ahead.

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #257 on: Oct 27, 2010 11:00 pm »

Okay, I was wrong on the description, but here's the pic of what my cable provider named this episode.

Sig Wanted
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #258 on: Oct 28, 2010 06:44 pm »

^ Wow.

That still bothers me to this day. BUT it's been like that for a while...I think they messed up the name of the episode and then changed it.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
phantomviola
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Context is for the weak.

« Reply #259 on: Nov 04, 2010 09:18 am »

Maybe he was originally supposed to be red, but they changed him to blue to make it less obvious that he was from the Fire Nation.

quote by John Green
TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #260 on: Nov 04, 2010 09:20 am »

The Red Spirit? Maybe he was suppose to be red, but they changed it to blue. Blue is probably harder to see in the dark than red.

Not all what I seem to be
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #261 on: Nov 04, 2010 09:28 am »

^ Not that kind of blue. I'm going with phantomviola's theory, it would've been too obvious otherwise.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #262 on: Dec 05, 2010 06:35 am »

Perfection!! I wonder why the fire nation never utilized the archers more especially in combat?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010 03:16 pm by Shi Len » Logged

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #263 on: Dec 07, 2010 03:08 pm »

I loved this episode!  Two things that bugged me though:

The Yu Yan
If they're so special and amazing, why didn't they show up more?  As soon as I saw them I was hoping they'd show up again, and I actually counted on it - partly because they're awesome and partly because I really like archery.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an elite group of archers who can pin a fly to a tree from a hundred yards away without killing it come in handy if you're trying to take over the world?  Granted, they weren't really needed in the finale, because Ozai was just going to burn the Earth Kingdom to a crisp, but if they'd been in Ba Sing Se (where they would've come in handy in any case) they may just have been able to overpower the OWL, or at least hold them off.  It's possible that a few of them were sent off to fight the Earth Kingdom, but if that's so I can't believe the Gaang didn't at least run into one of them.  Granted, archers might be more difficult to animate/draw/whatever, I wouldn't know, but it seems to me like they were too good at what they did and weren't included because they could've actually given the Fire Nation too much of an advantage over the Gaang.  (Just break their bowstrings, seriously.) 

Aang's Air-Powered Super-Speed
I have nothing against the speed itself, but I don't see why it was necessary to introduce it if they were never going to use it again.  (Though I guess he used something similar in The Warriors of Kyoshi to get away from the Unagi, but there were so many problems in the series that could've been avoided if Aang had just run fast.  For example, in The Day of Black Sun Part 2, he could've given the whole bunker a quick run-around and found the Firelord.)  Anyhow, I can't see any way The Blue Spirit would've turned out different if Aang would've taken his glider instead of running - the Yu Yan still would've been able to shoot him down if they needed to. 

I've chalked both of these up to the fact that they're just too awesome - the Yu Yan would've been an unfair advantage and able to make things sway the Fire Nation's way, and Aang's Super-Speed would've been too much of a convenience. 

Anyway, I do love the episode.  I never get tired of it.  I just had to get all that^ off my chest. Wink

Graphics by Pebs. :3
Keeper of Sozin and Roku's matching beards and the gap in Meng's teeth. <3
Dorky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just get down to biz my ninja!

« Reply #264 on: Dec 07, 2010 03:30 pm »

The Yu Yan
If they're so special and amazing, why didn't they show up more?  As soon as I saw them I was hoping they'd show up again, and I actually counted on it - partly because they're awesome and partly because I really like archery.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an elite group of archers who can pin a fly to a tree from a hundred yards away without killing it come in handy if you're trying to take over the world?  Granted, they weren't really needed in the finale, because Ozai was just going to burn the Earth Kingdom to a crisp, but if they'd been in Ba Sing Se (where they would've come in handy in any case) they may just have been able to overpower the OWL, or at least hold them off.  It's possible that a few of them were sent off to fight the Earth Kingdom, but if that's so I can't believe the Gaang didn't at least run into one of them.  Granted, archers might be more difficult to animate/draw/whatever, I wouldn't know, but it seems to me like they were too good at what they did and weren't included because they could've actually given the Fire Nation too much of an advantage over the Gaang.  (Just break their bowstrings, seriously.) 
I love the Yu Yan, I really wished they showed up more. [in a somewhat unrelated note, I noticed in a later episode that one of the Rough Rhonis looked like he was wearing a Yu Yan uniform not to mention that he was also an archer, could he be an ex-Yu Yan?]

-Triplets with Smellerbee & RomoineRawr-

icon credit
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #265 on: Dec 07, 2010 03:38 pm »

I do agree the archers would give the Gang or OWL alot of problems. I honestly thought they would be sent to settle down the earthbending rebellions or protect the perimeter of the fire nation during the invasion. It's such a shame fodder characters like the rough rhinos (even though an archer is a member) get numerous appearance when skilled and effective groups like the yu yan only make one appearance.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #266 on: Dec 07, 2010 04:00 pm »

I love the Yu Yan, I really wished they showed up more. [in a somewhat unrelated note, I noticed in a later episode that one of the Rough Rhonis looked like he was wearing a Yu Yan uniform not to mention that he was also an archer, could he be an ex-Yu Yan?]

He's either an ex-Yu Yan or a higher-up who joined the Rough Rhinos, but is still technically a Yu Yan.  Either way, he's very skilled, because the Rough Rhinos are all experts with their particular weapons.  And even he was out of the fight against Zuko and Iroh in The Desert when his bowstring was broken by Zuko.  He has a name that I can never remember and some people think he's related to Longshot somehow. 

I do agree the archers would give the Gang or OWL alot of problems. I honestly thought they would be sent to settle down the earthbending rebellions or protect the perimeter of the fire nation during the invasion. It's such a shame fodder characters like the rough rhinos (even though an archer is a member) get numerous appearance when skilled and effective groups like the yu yan only make one appearance.

I do like the Rough Rhinos, but I really wish the Yu Yan would've shown up more.  One episode is kind of ridiculous.  I mean, Zhao said their skills were legend, so why wouldn't they be put to more of a use? 

Dorky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #267 on: Dec 07, 2010 04:03 pm »

The Yu Yan seem to have better luck in battle than the Rough Rhinos >.>
I dont remember ever seeing the RR win a battle against any of the main characters

icon credit
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #268 on: Dec 07, 2010 04:11 pm »

^See?  Another reason we should've seen more Yu Yan.  I think they're the singlemost frustrating, yet the best, thing about this episode.  I wanted them to show up more, but they're so amazing that I have trouble caring when they're on screen. Cheesy  I think I mention how I want more of them everytime we watch The Blue Spirit.

Dorky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #269 on: Dec 07, 2010 04:25 pm »

^ Vachir is the Yu Yan thats in the RR btw Roll Eyes

icon credit
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #270 on: Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm »

^See?  Another reason we should've seen more Yu Yan.  I think they're the singlemost frustrating, yet the best, thing about this episode.  I wanted them to show up more, but they're so amazing that I have trouble caring when they're on screen. Cheesy  I think I mention how I want more of them everytime we watch The Blue Spirit.
Agreed, I was really looking foward to their returm.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #271 on: Mar 20, 2011 03:42 pm »

This was such a fantastic episode, one of the best of the series. I loved Zhao in this one as well as the Blue Spirit.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #272 on: Aug 10, 2011 02:53 pm »

Does anyone else's cable provider still calls this episode "The Red Spirit?"

Sig Wanted
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #273 on: Aug 10, 2011 04:08 pm »

^ Mine does.

I really enjoyed this episode. It made me think a little more about Zuko's character.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
phantomviola
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Context is for the weak.

« Reply #274 on: Aug 25, 2011 02:59 pm »

Who rated it 1 star? I'm sad now.

quote by John Green
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: