Oct 17, 2017 08:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 253 (65.9%)
9 - 73 (19%)
8 - 37 (9.6%)
7 - 15 (3.9%)
6 - 2 (0.5%)
5 - 2 (0.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 371

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [113] The Blue Spirit  (Read 37712 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Feb 11, 2006 10:02 am »

Official Description: When Sokka and Katara get too sick to travel, Aang goes out on his own to find a cure for them. But he is captured by Zhao and held prisoner inside an impenetrable fortress.
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2006 07:37 pm »

I loved this. There is no other word. But then again, I'm a huge Zuko fangirl.

But even if you're not a huge Zuko lover, you can't help but at least like this episode. The whole Zuko-betrays-Fire Nation thing was just too cool. Not to mention how awesome his "assassin" (though he didn't kill anyone) persona was.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Candra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

PhantomGirlXJ9 guardianwill2006
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2006 09:09 pm »

this was my fav Zuko episode.

i'm an avatar/danny phantom/w.i.t.c.h. fan.
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2006 10:59 pm »

^Ditto. (Well, it might have tied with the Storm...) I liked this because it showed Zuko in a different light; desperate.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
akamai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2006 06:35 pm »

Another one of my favorites! (I just like commenting on my favorite episodes, don't I?) I'm probably slow, because I didn't realize who the Blue Spirit until after his mask fell off. ^_^;; Although I like Zuko, I have this nagging feeling that he was capturing Aang for his honor back, but he began to rethink his intentions when Aang talked about his Fire Nation friend.

Avatar and Signature set made by InnerYin.

"Now we know that all elements have their strength's and weaknesses...but fire is the best!" -Iroh
Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2006 08:43 pm »

I think this is my favorite episode. It has some great action sequences, and most of these action sequences manage to be quite funny without being ridiculous. And FROGS. My god, the frogs.  I love the scene where Aang's frogs begin to thaw and run away while he is still tied up. I love it that he tries to recapture them and Zuko has to tug him along to make him remember they are fleeing for their lives.
Zuko's motivation are perfectly ambigous - you get the feeling even he isn't quite sure about them anymore.

Kara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2006 10:52 pm »

Frogs = Love Cheesy

And who thinks Zuko and Aang are an awesome team? I'd love to seen them fighting side by side again in a future episode. Zuko's swords were cool too. He didn't even need to firebend to take out all those Fire Nation soldiers.
hureea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Will you go penguin sledding with me?

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2006 02:44 pm »

what about the delirious sick Sokka? he was hilarious.

"you know what I love most about Appa his sense of humour"
Appa groans
Sokka laughs
"Classic Appa".
I know Sokka as a character gives a comic feel to the show, but it was that line in that episode that for some reason cracked me up endless.
apart from that this episode is incredibly good action filled and fun, and their is a hint that Zuko and Aang could become friends.
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2006 10:20 pm »

"Take THAT you rock!"  My all-time favorite Sokka quote.

And who thinks Zuko and Aang are an awesome team? I'd love to seen them fighting side by side again in a future episode
Oh yeah!  Someday...somehow...when they become allies, they'll be a force to be reckoned with!!!
Zuko's swords were cool too. He didn't even need to firebend to take out all those Fire Nation soldiers.
Yessir...I remember thinking that as soon as his mask fell off.
Me:  *WHOA!  Its ZUKO!!!*
"Man, he fights good..."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need an avatar. :(

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006 08:55 pm »

I saw Seige of the North parts 1 & 2 before I saw this eppie, so I already knew Zuko was the Blue Spirit. (Zhao mentions it in part2, so...yeah.) If I saw this eppie before the season finales, I probably wouldn't have known, being the guillible person that I am (not entirely, but enough). Tongue

This eppie kicked butt. I loved it when my mom panicked thinking that they were gonna kill Zuko/the Blue Spirit. Tongue

"The answer to your question, brother, is yes. I will travel to Dras-Leona with you. I will help you rescue Katrina. And then, together, you and I shall kill the Ra'zac and avenge our father." ~ Eragon 'Eldest'

Kataang For Life
someone198
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006 09:45 pm »

Before he was unmasked, I *never* guessed, it *never* occurred to me, the thought didn't even cross my mind in the "wouldn't it be cool if... even though it's impossible" way, that Zuko was the Blue Spirit! Before the end, I was actually almost totally convinced from the way he fought and his choice of weapon (twin swords) that it was Jet. I mean, I'd never seen Zuko fight without bending, even in that one-on-one hand-to-hand with the pirate captain from Ep. 9. It was a surprise.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006 12:09 am »

This is another episode that I call "quintessential", ads this episode really shows that Aang does want to be friends with someone from the firenation, and that Zuko does have good in him.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006 08:49 am »

This is another episode that I call "quintessential", ads this episode really shows that Aang does want to be friends with someone from the firenation, and that Zuko does have good in him.
I'm not saying that he doesn't, but how exactly does this episode show Zuko has good in him?

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006 02:25 pm »

Well think on it, at the end of the episode Zuko might have shot at Aang but he also turned his back to the firenation flag.
To me you can tell that Zuko did indeed think about what Aang said to him as Aang flew off, and also Zuko shows that even though he wants the Avatar he will not use torture or other nasty things, to him his honor code is more important then the mad quest of the firenation.

someone198
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006 07:59 pm »

Favorite Quote

Zuko: My honor... my throne... my country. I'm about to lose them all.

(Breaks your heart)
Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006 10:09 pm »

This episode made me go crazy when I first saw it. My top 3 goes like this:
1. The Siege of the North (1 & 2)
2. The Blue Spirit
3. The Southern Air Temple

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
Ashes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

redstar312@hotmail.com pnksqrrl318 pnksqrrl315
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2006 11:05 am »

this is probably my all time favorite episode.. i still try to caught it when ever it comes on tv

i really loved Zuko in this episode, it was really shocking to find out that he was the blue spirit, i think a very good twist

omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2006 07:17 pm »

This is what I don't get about this episode...

Zhao says that he wasn't going to kill Aang because he'd just be reincarnated right? But, if he was killed, then there would be no airbenders left.. and the new avatar wouldn't be able to learn airbending. He wouldn't be able to reach his full potential as the avatar.

Even if he somehow did learn to airbend, the comet/asteroid thing that's supposed to come by summer's end would arrive before the new avatar could learn all four types of bending.

>> I still liked the episode though. The crazy cat lady, Zuko as the Blue Spirit, and the frogs were what did it for me.

Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2006 07:22 pm »

well perhaps the firelord does need the avatar somehow, perhaps to activate the avatar state and possible ensure the fire nations victory?
I dunno

Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #19 on: Jun 08, 2006 11:52 pm »

Zhao may know the comet will bring them power to gain them victory but, knowing him, he likely doesn't know what Roku does about how its second use will upset the Balance beyond the Avatar's ability to restore it.  He thinks its just plain old artillery request or +15 to all fire magic talisman.  He doesn't get its epic and mystical significance.  Perhaps not even Ozai does.  Which might be what Aang will have to use to bit the Firelord.

Also even if the balance IS upset the Fire Nation wants the whole world forever who's to say the next avatar can't put a stop to that you think Roku or the Sages are talking or being listened to on that front?

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
lessa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2006 12:50 pm »

In Chinese mythology, the blue spirit is a symbol of growth and development. Hee hee. Scriptwriters are funny.

Antimony also made a great point about how Zuko hides his proficiency with blades unless he's masked. I wonder if Zuko and Sokka will be the 'brothers Buttkick' pair when the team finally comes completely together.
The Music Man
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I had no idea...

« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2006 12:25 pm »

Most definetly my favorite episode. When I first saw it, I hadn't the slightest idea that the Blue Spirit could be Zuko... I thought it was some old guy (like a Yoda kind of guy. Old but really really good with swords). And then when he was unmasked... ugh, can't find words to describe it, like shocked and amazed.

And of course the first appearance of the Yuuyan Archers. My favorite! Seeing the Blue Spirit being taken down by that one archer at the end, after everything Aang and him had just been through... Such a good episode! A HUGE 10 from me!

"nice job! cool nightime sky remix..." The Track Team.
Mirre
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Raw talent alone is not enough.

« Reply #22 on: Jun 18, 2006 01:08 pm »

I first thought he was an airbender, because of the blue 'splash' he uses to reflect the fire in the beginning. It was only the third time I watched it I noticed he had a bucket of water whith him. >.<

Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jun 18, 2006 06:31 pm »

I first thought he was an airbender

I thought he was an earthbender at first. When he grabbed on the bottom of the carriage as it was driving toward the fortress, it seemed like he had just come from underground...

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #24 on: Jun 18, 2006 06:39 pm »

Zuko seems so much stronger as "The Blue Spirit" than his regular self.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: