Dec 05, 2019 12:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are there any plans for a complete series DVD box set?  (Read 18878 times)
Malia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'd rather eat garbage lettuce than a dead body.

« Reply #25 on: Jun 25, 2009 04:12 pm »

Whether it has extras or not, I will feel obligated to buy it. Cheesy
No doubt, if one comes out it will have something new. At least, I don't think there should be doubt ...
Definitely, a complete series boxset will be an awesome collectors item. And easier to transport than separate volumes or boxes.

you're the greatest Avatard I know.

^ -tearbend- <3
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #26 on: Jun 25, 2009 04:44 pm »

Who wants to bet this mysterious new Comic-Con documentary is one of the "extra special" features for the series set?

That's cool. I can skip that and be content with life. I couldn't care less what a bunch of teenyboppers have to say about my favorite cartoon. I get enough of that right here.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #27 on: Jul 12, 2009 10:05 pm »

Since the article mentions Blu-ray, does this mean the box set could be on the format? I would love to see the whole series in glorious high definition.

Grin Grin Grin

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #28 on: Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm »

Wow in HD but I would have a Blue Ray player. xD unless we got Playstation 3 or something. Well I will for Avatar. HD would look amazing!
Im still gonna buy it no matter what one day!

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #29 on: Jul 14, 2009 11:10 pm »

Wait is there definitely a box set coming out?

Sig by arasam22
Jimothy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jul 15, 2009 07:37 am »

No, but some rumors. It's only a two-page thread, check it out.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
TheBoomerangMaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jul 15, 2009 02:04 pm »

Who wants to bet this mysterious new Comic-Con documentary is one of the "extra special" features for the series set?

That's cool. I can skip that and be content with life. I couldn't care less what a bunch of teenyboppers have to say about my favorite cartoon. I get enough of that right here.
Your "bunch of teenyboppers" are in their 20s and 30s

Keeper of...Sokka's joke cards, Aang's new robes,
Sokkas Finale Painting, and Tophs Iron Suit !
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #32 on: Jul 15, 2009 05:34 pm »

There's no one under 20 on this whole site?!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Roll Eyes

I can't believe anyone still takes my posts seriously. I hope the new sig helps with that.

whatzitsname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

(WARNING: This fan is a 'Kataang' supporter!!!)

« Reply #33 on: Jul 16, 2009 12:24 am »

I've only just recently turned 20... Shocked ahhh! I'm old... Grin
I don't suppose anyone knows when the second or third books will make a DVD appearance in Region 4... Australia is behind the times with the good stuff, tv hasn't even shown more than 1/4 of the second book.  Cry

Whatz is keeper of:
-'The Track Team' musical score for the Order of the White Lotus' battle in Ba Sing Se
-Toph's rhythimc knock on the airship control room door (Into the Inferno)
-Monk Gyatso's butt-kicking of Aang at Pai Sho
-The singing prairie dog that pops out under Sokka in 'The Library'
Zohar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jul 21, 2009 02:22 pm »

Well I registered to this website just to post a question about this, only to find out there's an existing thread! Anyway, I recently saw the entire series (I'll admit, I downloaded it) but now I definitely want to buy it. However, I think I'll wait a bit - I figure either I get a complete box set or the separate seasons will drop in price a bit, right? My only fear is not being able to find it, but I don't know how likely that is.
VirtualStranger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Silence is golden...

« Reply #35 on: Jul 21, 2009 04:21 pm »

As much as i would love a complete series set, it will take a lot more than shiny new packaging to get me to buy it. In my opinion, the content of the existing dvd's leaves much to be improved. Hit all of the points here and the set will easily be worth more than $150.

* First, the 5 minutes of commercials at the beginning of each disk are really annoying. Why am I being forced to watch them on a dvd set I paid $50 each for? Thankfully they aren't shown when played on a PC media player, which is exactly what I do.

* Showing the "Previously On" and shortened intro (the normal one that plays on every episode after the first) before every single episode really interrupts the pacing of extended playthroughs, Especially on multiple part episodes, which brings me to my next point.

*Multiple part episodes should be identified as a single, extra long episode. This wouldn't really be too much of a problem if it weren't point I mentioned above.

*Add dvd chapter skips, preferrably at the points where the original commercial breaks are.

* The special features that were originally placed on the original episode disks should have been placed on the extra features disk when the box sets were released.

* If you're going to make a new box set, you should at least add some more special content. Hopefully that is what this new documentary is for.

* Better picture quality. on some disks there are noticable horizontal lines in the picture, and on select occasions,(mainly the first disk) I notice a faint double image. Other than that a higher resolution would be nice.

*If possible, a widescreen video format. I am not exactly sure what aspect ratio the original masters are, but if they have widescreen episodes just laying around doing nothing, they need to use them.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2009 10:59 pm by VirtualStranger » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #36 on: Jul 21, 2009 05:01 pm »

* Better picture quality. on some disks there are noticable horizontal lines in the picture, and on select occasions,(mainly the first disk) I notice a faint double image. Other than that a higher resolution would be nice.

Me, too, on the double image first disk thing. I hate that.

azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #37 on: Jul 21, 2009 10:34 pm »

So afterall, i'm not seeing things and not the only one who noticed numerous defects in DVD's pictures.

Apart from faint double images (which is not esclusive for the first disk, i can see the same effect in "Blue spirit" for instance) there are also "meshed up in-betweens" (let's call this lame technique that way), like here:

where instead of drawing an entire in-between shot like they supposed to do, they just morph one shot before and one after.

That literally hurts my eyes. Moreso than double image thing. There is a difference between these artifacts, double imagery shows up all the time either if the the picture is still or there is a movement, while this appears only in animation.

It gets especially noticeable and annoying when panning -- i mean they don't even have to actually draw in-betweens when panning then why these artifacts still come up?
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm by azekeprofit » Logged

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
whatzitsname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

(WARNING: This fan is a 'Kataang' supporter!!!)

« Reply #38 on: Jul 21, 2009 10:49 pm »

A this point I'm not too picky, I'd give just to get all the eps, but knowing manufacturing peoples, it will take ages for a region 4 copy to come out...
what:)

Whatz is keeper of:
-'The Track Team' musical score for the Order of the White Lotus' battle in Ba Sing Se
-Toph's rhythimc knock on the airship control room door (Into the Inferno)
-Monk Gyatso's butt-kicking of Aang at Pai Sho
-The singing prairie dog that pops out under Sokka in 'The Library'
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #39 on: Jul 21, 2009 11:55 pm »

They just want our money. You don't make a special hamburger for your customers' enjoyment, you make a special hamburger to charge them extra. Am I right?

Anyway, I will likely break down and eventually buy this if it happens (yeah, I'll get sucked in too). I'm going to wait until the price gets really low though. I bought Book Three for the better part of forty dollars online, and that was after some serious shopping around. Three-quarters of a year later, it's around thirteen percent cheaper.

So yeah, just do what I do. Wait a year or two after its release to buy it. By then, it'll be upgraded and comparatively much cheaper.  Smiley

Economics. It's a dirty, dirty business...  Wink

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The
Dominic Arcos
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jul 22, 2009 03:20 am »

I'd love it if they did this, but I haven't actually bought the series myself (A friend bought all three seasons, watched them while with them), and I've been hesitant because of the cost of each season.
Zohar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Jul 22, 2009 05:44 am »

Well after reading a bit more about the low quality of the box sets I'm definitely waiting until I buy it.
VirtualStranger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Silence is golden...

« Reply #42 on: Jul 22, 2009 10:56 pm »

^I'd say you should probably wait until the movie comes around. if a new box set hasn't been announced by then, they're probably not going to make one. By that time the existing sets should be a lot cheaper. The quality of the dvd picture is still much better than watching it online.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2009 10:58 pm by VirtualStranger » Logged
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #43 on: Jul 23, 2009 03:08 pm »

^ And on Tv somtimes, I like watching the box sets cause better quality and no commercials.

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
Kaiser Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2009 04:42 pm »

No way am I going to buy the whole series all over again unless it's on Blu-Ray.  And even then I'll have to wait for the inevitably ridiculous price to go down.  I remember seeing the Season 3 boxset for $90 somewhere.  There's no telling how much this whole bundle will cost, especially on blu-ray.

I am faster than 80% of snakes.
VirtualStranger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Silence is golden...

« Reply #45 on: Jul 30, 2009 07:17 pm »

http://rufftoon.deviantart.com/journal/

Rufftoon's deviantart page states this on the last SDCC update;

How can I do a post without mentionning Avatar, The Last Airbender?
The cosplay meet-up on Saturday was a great success! Not only for the amount of people who showed up in awesome costumes, but also for a special appearance by Mike DiMartino, Bryan Konieztko and Sifu Kisu, who all took pictures with the fans. Great reaction from everyone when they first appeared.
The whole event was filmed for a documentary that will be available in an upcoming complete box set of the serie (still waiting for absolute confirmation, but that's what I've been told).
Said box set would be available next year, no release date known yet.
Hopefully if this is true, they're going to put more content in the new box set.(and, therefore, new discs)

Edit: Oops. Someone beat me to it on the documentary thread in WoA
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 12:54 am by VirtualStranger » Logged
lonniekup
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2009 07:00 pm »

^Cant wait!

"Haven't you heard the legends? I'm not a regular humas anymore" <3
christina896
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Aug 11, 2009 10:11 pm »

I will most likely buy this if it does come out. Knowing me, I'm going to keep my box sets anyways. Tongue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Air Scooters! Yeah!

« Reply #48 on: Aug 21, 2009 09:55 pm »

While i was getting my poster signed at Comic Con this year I stalled and asked Mike and Bryan if they were releasing a boxed set. They responded enthusiastically saying that they were and were expecting it to come out in the spring of 2010. Can't wait!

He He! Avatar is my obsession! Go Aang and Katara!
christina896
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Aug 22, 2009 12:01 am »

While i was getting my poster signed at Comic Con this year I stalled and asked Mike and Bryan if they were releasing a boxed set. They responded enthusiastically saying that they were and were expecting it to come out in the spring of 2010. Can't wait!

That's great! You just made my day. Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: