May 26, 2017 05:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cerulean's Avatar Art -- New Work!!! Nov. 5, 2014  (Read 105639 times)
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Oct 28, 2008 02:58 pm »

Hi everyone.  

After much time spent hanging out here anonymously I finally decided that today was the day to jump in as well.  Let me know what y'all think!

Sokka Ross
ps - I hope I did the img link correct...
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm by Cerulean » Logged
irishgal487
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2008 11:28 pm »

LOL That is funny! I can see Sokka being all "Alright we are gonna add a happy little tree right here....and now a happy little cloud"

Very Cute!

CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2008 11:31 pm »

^ I'm thinking the same about being cute.
I like Sokka's expression. His face is the best part.
Minor critizim, his hand is bit small. Otherthan that, I really like it. Smiley
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2008 09:00 am »

LOL That is funny! I can see Sokka being all "Alright we are gonna add a happy little tree right here....and now a happy little cloud"

Exactly what I was thinking in my head while drawing this!

Minor critizim, his hand is bit small. Otherthan that, I really like it.

Thanks!  I agree with you on the hands.  They are my Achilles Heel.

Have another picture for you to get your day started with, this time it's Aang .

ETA:  Here is a little Halloween fun that I drew up today.  Sokka and Zuko have different ideas about costumes... 

Hope that everyone has a fun night tonight!

Halloween!

ETA: I finally figured out how to add the actual photo. Yay!
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2008 11:02 am by Cerulean » Logged
S0kka341
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ok then... O_o

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2008 08:52 pm »

Lol very funny picture, hope you make more!

Im not a her >.>
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2008 03:26 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking in my head while drawing this!

Minor critizim, his hand is bit small. Otherthan that, I really like it.

Thanks!  I agree with you on the hands.  They are my Achilles Heel.

Have another picture for you to get your day started with, this time it's Aang .

ETA:  Here is a little Halloween fun that I drew up today.  Sokka and Zuko have different ideas about costumes... 

Hope that everyone has a fun night tonight!

Halloween!

ETA: I finally figured out how to add the actual photo. Yay!

awwww..... this is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't gamble, we don't do the stock exchange. We paint paintings and we write scenes for the stage.
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2008 12:44 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have a few pictures for you today.  I just put a whole bunch on my deviantArt account, if you are interested in looking, but I've got my Avatar stuff right here!

First is a study of Aang that was one of the first Avatar related drawings that I did.  The scale is a bit off but I just love him sledding!

In the never ending battle of Kataang vs. Zutara, I came up with this scene of Zuko and Katara having to say goodbye to each other. 

However, Sokka is not impressed by any of it.

S0kka341
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ok then... O_o

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2008 01:58 pm »

Very nice! I love the first one

Im not a her >.>
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2008 06:54 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have a few pictures for you today.  I just put a whole bunch on my deviantArt account, if you are interested in looking, but I've got my Avatar stuff right here!

First is a study of Aang that was one of the first Avatar related drawings that I did.  The scale is a bit off but I just love him sledding!

In the never ending battle of Kataang vs. Zutara, I came up with this scene of Zuko and Katara having to say goodbye to each other. 

However, Sokka is not impressed by any of it.

i love the look on sokka's face... priceless!

We don't gamble, we don't do the stock exchange. We paint paintings and we write scenes for the stage.
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2008 09:25 pm »

Hey everyone.  Again, I'd like to thank you all for your comments.  I love reading them.

So life in real life has been super busy these past few days, hense the lack of posting from me.  However, I can make it up to you by posting this comic that I drew out all based on fruit pies.  Now, before you start thinking thoughts that can only come from reading to many stories of fruit pies and tent sounds and the like... know that this comic is appropriate for all ages!   Tongue

...and because the writing is a bit hard to read on this forum here is a link to all three images on deviantArt:

http://phthalo-blue.deviantart.com/art/Fruit-Pies-1-102603775
http://phthalo-blue.deviantart.com/art/Fruit-Pies-2-102603994
http://phthalo-blue.deviantart.com/art/Fruit-Pies-3-102605569
S0kka341
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ok then... O_o

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2008 06:29 pm »

Hehe very funny! Cheesy Keep up the great work!

Im not a her >.>
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2008 11:18 am »

^ Thanks!  Grin

Wow, I have a couple of things to post on here today.  I'll elaborate more on them as they are shown.  As always, enjoy and leave a comment!

This was inspired from the shipping thread.  See there for the complete details, but to sum up, Aang most deffinatly would be one to sing (loudly) in the shower.

Just a little Air Bender practicing before his final exam.

I forget where I was reading this on the boards here but it was a few days back that y'all were talking about Iroh and his past.  This is just a little blip from my mind of him reflecting on his past as he drinks his tea.

And I'll leave ya with a little Kataang! <3
S0kka341
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ok then... O_o

« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2008 05:36 pm »

I love your Aang in the shower drawing Cheesy

Im not a her >.>
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2008 05:56 pm »

love the comic and and the aang washing himself one!
it's really good!

go kataang!

AmnesiaX
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yellow Submarine Chief Engineer

« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2008 02:24 am »

I always love pictures of Iroh...he is the philosophical core of Avatar...I wish he was a lyricist, he would be up there with Roger Waters.

"Hey you, out there in the cold, getting lonely getting old, will you touch me?"
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2008 01:23 pm »

I always love pictures of Iroh...he is the philosophical core of Avatar

Me too.  I would be hard pressed to have a 'favorite' character from Avatar, but Iroh would be on my short list.  And while we can't be certain if what he sings are of his own composition, I love the songs. 

I love your Aang in the shower drawing
love the comic and and the aang washing himself one!

Thanks!  The idea came from you guys, I just drew it out.  But since it has gotten some love, here is the next in the series, Katara!  I know it's not a shower, but she seemed more like a bath girl so me. 

I always feel a bit sorry for Zuko.  He never seems to have as much as the rest of the gAang.  For example, Aang gets Appa, Momo (and the girl); Sokka had Hawkey; Bumi has Flopsie; Sozin and Roku both had Dragons!  But what does Zuko get?

A Frog.
S0kka341
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ok then... O_o

« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2008 01:31 pm »

Lol Zuko gets a frog xD awsome drawing!

Im not a her >.>
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2008 09:48 pm »

You are great! what medium do you use Huh colored pencil Huh

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2008 08:19 pm »

Whooohhh!!, katara!
and that's one awesome frog zuko has!
oh, do you mind if you can draw a toph picture to me?

Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2008 06:01 pm »

Thanks  Grin

what medium do you use  colored pencil

I do use colored pencil, as well as marker (crayola!), watercolor, pen, and graphite.  Usually I mix my mediums within the pictures.  Todays painting was sketched in pencil, painted in watercolor and outlined in pen. 

Frogs trump turtleducks.  Tongue
One Toph painting coming up!

I am planning on doing a series with this idea, the element, bender, and animal companion.  So Earth gets Badgermole, Fire a Dragon, Air the Bison... What does Water get?  The moon? Let me know if you know.  Smiley
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2008 09:47 pm »

Nice Pic I love tophs outfit, well done Cheesy

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2008 08:18 pm »

Thanks  Grin

what medium do you use  colored pencil

I do use colored pencil, as well as marker (crayola!), watercolor, pen, and graphite.  Usually I mix my mediums within the pictures.  Todays painting was sketched in pencil, painted in watercolor and outlined in pen. 

Frogs trump turtleducks.  Tongue
One Toph painting coming up!

I am planning on doing a series with this idea, the element, bender, and animal companion.  So Earth gets Badgermole, Fire a Dragon, Air the Bison... What does Water get?  The moon? Let me know if you know.  Smiley

awesome, i love it! you mind if i print it out and hang it in my room? oh, and foor water maybe you can do those spirit fish, one's the moon and the other is the ocean. i think there names are tui and la. so yeah, there an idea you can try out!

Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2008 10:18 pm »

Nice Pic I love tophs outfit, well done

Thanks  Grin I based the pose on a pic I saw online (I'm so horrible though, I don't have the reference!  Embarrassed )

you mind if i print it out and hang it in my room?

Of course not!  I would be honored.  And we were thinking alike for the ocean spirits for the water bending.  I think I'll use them.  Though it is odd that the other elements get a animal companion and they don't. Hmm...

And just so everyone knows, I am hard at work on the next drawing.  I've discovered how much fun (and addictive) Photoshop is and am lost inside of it.  The pic I'm working on though is an avatar one, so soon it will be finished!  Sooner if I can put down ASN (gasp! never!)  Grin

Edit: The picture is done! Yay! This is my first ever in Photoshop, so as can be expected there are a few imperfections.  But this was a lot of fun to color and I'm hopeing to do more like this.  For this picture I took a drawing that I already had done and colored it in Photoshop and added a little arrow to make him an offical Airbender.  So what'cha think?

« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2008 05:28 pm by Cerulean » Logged
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2008 06:16 pm »

Nice Pic I love tophs outfit, well done

Thanks  Grin I based the pose on a pic I saw online (I'm so horrible though, I don't have the reference!  Embarrassed )

you mind if i print it out and hang it in my room?

Of course not!  I would be honored.  And we were thinking alike for the ocean spirits for the water bending.  I think I'll use them.  Though it is odd that the other elements get a animal companion and they don't. Hmm...

And just so everyone knows, I am hard at work on the next drawing.  I've discovered how much fun (and addictive) Photoshop is and am lost inside of it.  The pic I'm working on though is an avatar one, so soon it will be finished!  Sooner if I can put down ASN (gasp! never!)  Grin

Edit: The picture is done! Yay! This is my first ever in Photoshop, so as can be expected there are a few imperfections.  But this was a lot of fun to color and I'm hopeing to do more like this.  For this picture I took a drawing that I already had done and colored it in Photoshop and added a little arrow to make him an offical Airbender.  So what'cha think?

I love the picture! Your really good! It's amazing for 1st time photoshop!
I also like the position aang is in, he's ready to fight!
Oh, and thanks for letting me print out the pic. There really nice!

CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 17, 2008 06:46 pm »

That's really good!
Small critizim, ya see his leg, look at the shape. It isn't straight.
And his other foot is miniture. That's all. Otherwise, great art man!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: