Oct 20, 2017 07:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Arena - modified to allow Avatar vs. Non-Avatar Matchups  (Read 125843 times)
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1950 on: Oct 04, 2014 08:20 pm »

The problem here is that Ozai has zero feats without the comet, apart from his fats lightning generation capabilities

Yeah, but we can infer his capabilities. He's clearly better than Azula. He's definitely capable of jet propulsion without the Comet. He's an incredibly durable and aggressive fighter. And that lightning-generation is a huge trump card against most opponents.

There's not many people that could beat Ozai 1-on-1.

I do not think any member of the Red Lotus could take down Ozai. The lightning is a major advantage, indeed. Maybe P'Li can redirect lightning but who knows.

Next Match Up:
Ozai (Sozin's Comet) vs. Zaheer (Flying)

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1951 on: Oct 04, 2014 08:25 pm »

The problem here is that Ozai has zero feats without the comet, apart from his fats lightning generation capabilities

Yeah, but we can infer his capabilities. He's clearly better than Azula. He's definitely capable of jet propulsion without the Comet. He's an incredibly durable and aggressive fighter. And that lightning-generation is a huge trump card against most opponents.

There's not many people that could beat Ozai 1-on-1.

I do not think any member of the Red Lotus could take down Ozai. The lightning is a major advantage, indeed. Maybe P'Li can redirect lightning but who knows.

Next Match Up:
Ozai (Sozin's Comet) vs. Zaheer (Flying)

I think Ozai easily takes this. He actually did fairly well against a Comet-powered Avatar (who wasn't poisoned). He could easily keep up with Zaheer, and there's no way Zaheer can block all of Ozai's attacks, especially lightning.
Arzon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1952 on: Oct 05, 2014 09:18 am »

Since under Comet he has demonstrated at least as much power as Iroh, and Comet equally boost all bender, it is safe to assume that he is still the strongest (along with his brother) firebender in the world without Comet, even if we forget lightningbending. So...

That said, they need clever strategy against Red Lotus. I.e. Azula and guard keep enemies busy for a while while Ozai takes them out one by one

Zaheer is definitely doomed in duel
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1953 on: Oct 09, 2014 04:29 pm »

Fairly well ?
You mean, he ran away and got smacked aside ?

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1954 on: Oct 11, 2014 02:42 pm »

Zaheer would be burned to a crisp

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1955 on: Oct 11, 2014 02:50 pm »

How about Kya vs. ATLA Book 2 Finale Katara?

Arzon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1956 on: Oct 12, 2014 07:31 am »

Fairly well ?
You mean, he ran away and got smacked aside ?

Please point, what person in AtlA world would do better against Aang in Avatar state...
(imho only CM has some chances)

How about Kya vs. ATLA Book 2 Finale Katara?

Hard to say, I would give very slight edge to Katara. It was her arguably best battle.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1957 on: Oct 13, 2014 03:19 pm »

Imma makin a special gauntlet.

BATMAN vs the NON BENDERS of ATLA (and bonus)

Our favorite Dark Knight fell into a wormhole created by a punch he made to the Joker : Not too sure about what the hell is going on but knowing he's on some sort of new world, he decide to do what Batman does best and punch people until he get back to his world.

This Batman here has an infinite supply of Batarang, shock gloves, his armor, a gliding cape, explosive gel, a grapnel and prep time of 2 hours.

Fight take place in the Crystal Cave : Batman start every fight without being in sight of the enemy, allowing stealth : However, he can take out at best two to four opponent with stealth : The last one will be attacked with a unblockable double kick.

Batman keep his moral on : No Killing, he can still break bones, spines and stuff. When the enemy is knocked out or can't fight anymore because of a broken leg/arm, Batman win.,

Bruce is healed between fight and his armor and gadgets are repaired between fights.

He start with knowdlege but his enemies know him and how he work still, named characters can't be stealth K.O'd.

Gauntlet :

1 : Some fodders FN soldiers (Non benders).
2 : Some fodders non benders and an archer.
3 : A captain, three fodders and two archers.
4 : Three Kyoshi warriors.
5 : 5 Kyoshi warriors, two of which are veterans.
6 : A group of 5 veterans Kyoshi warriors.
7 : Two FN captains, two archers and two veterans Kiyoshi warriors.
8 : 4 Water tribes warriors and Sokka.
9 : Suki, Sokka, two veterans Kyoshi warriors and two water tribes warriors.
10 : Mai
11 : Ty Lee.
12 : Piando, Mai, Ty Lee, Three captains, one archer.

Enemies can kill, they can freak out (even some named characters) if they see the unconscious body of their ally, which can drop their moral and combat abilities.

Bonus round : Azula heard that a giant Bat is breaking everyone's bones down here and descend alongside the Ozai's Angels. Batman know her and won't pull off his punch if he want to come back alive to his world.

Batman can stealth K.O two people but have to face the last one here, he can have a anti-fire armor that will protect him but he can't tank for long.

Round 2 :

Same but Batman isn't getting healed and can't repair his things : However, he's bloodlusted and will kill without remorses.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1958 on: Oct 14, 2014 12:35 am »

If the archers are Yu Yan archers, Batman is screwed. Those guys were crazy good.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1959 on: Oct 17, 2014 01:25 am »

Normal archers for Batsy, Yu Yan for Bloodlusted Batman.

ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1960 on: Oct 19, 2014 01:38 am »

Well, I think Batman could take on all of these guys. I'd say that Mai and Ty Lee would have a shot against him, but I doubt Mai's weapons can penetrate his suit, and the same goes for Ty Lee's punches.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1961 on: Oct 20, 2014 05:45 pm »

How about Hama vs. Huu?

I guess it all depends whether or not Huu can break Hama's bloodbending grip.

ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1962 on: Oct 20, 2014 05:58 pm »

How about Hama vs. Huu?

I guess it all depends whether or not Huu can break Hama's bloodbending grip.

Assuming it's during the full moon. I bet Hama could bend the water in the vines too though, so she could probably counter his vines like she would any other water attack. That might throw him off, and could allow Hama to win.
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1963 on: Oct 21, 2014 08:26 pm »

How about Unalaq vs. young Katara, not the full moon, in the icy tundra outside the Spirit Portal?

How young are we talking? Is this Book 1 Katara, Book 2 Katara or Book 3 Katara?

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1964 on: Oct 21, 2014 09:44 pm »

How about Unalaq vs. young Katara, not the full moon, in the icy tundra outside the Spirit Portal?

How young are we talking? Is this Book 1 Katara, Book 2 Katara or Book 3 Katara?

Let's go with Book 3 Katara. Katara at her apex during ATLA vs Unalaq.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1965 on: Oct 21, 2014 09:55 pm »

I would say that Unalaq wins. His waterbending has more sheer power and he is not shabby at all at dodging and blocking.

ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1966 on: Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm »

I would say that Unalaq wins. His waterbending has more sheer power and he is not shabby at all at dodging and blocking.

Interesting. Most people say Katara is the strongest waterbender in both series. I think I agree with you though, Unalaq's bending was really strong while also being technically solid.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1967 on: Oct 22, 2014 02:59 am »

And anything that's Solid is good, da ?

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1968 on: Oct 26, 2014 10:57 am »

What about Long Feng vs. Master Yu or Xin Fu?

No I am not talking about him fighting them both at once, but how would he do one-on-one against each of them?

Morals off/no rules

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1969 on: Nov 16, 2014 01:20 pm »

Necrobending is on.

Solid Snake vs Foyah Nation

SS is sent in the Avatar World to put a bullet in the head of Ozai the tyrant, problem, he'll have to sneak his way toward the evil man before leaving to have long cutscenes.

Morals : On and off, Snake will avoid lethal force but will use it if the situation is too hot (haha). The other won't kill him but the villains will try to when only two of them are left.

Gauntlet events : Snake will find himself in the FN palace for dis one. He'll have to sneak his way against the benders but take on non-benders in physical brawl. He can use mines (2), knockout gas (1), a non-lethal firing pistol (3 bullets), a lethal gun (3 bullets), a sneaking suit (he can take down up to two people in round with lesser ppl, up to 5 when there are many), cigarettes, magazines, A BOX, binoculars, thermic vision goggles, night goggles and a knife for sneaking, just his fist and a knife for the brawls.

Between rounds : Healed with his items restored.

Outside help and thingies : Snake can use his dimensional magical CODEC to get help from Otacon, the ATLA geeks. All enemies have one "commander" who's tougher to take down but his defeat will drop the moral of the enemies, making them less competent. They can be affected by fear (ex : finding the bloody corpse of teammates). From the second round, the guards will know that someone is here but don't know Snake's presence.

Brawl events will always involve Snake making an escape before benders can come in.

Map : Hallways with doors leading to dark room.

Knowdlege : Snake know bending and how it works, and the guards's usual way to patrol. The guards know his reputation and skill but don't know about the magical thing that shoot tiny projectiles of death (or who put them to sleep) until they're shot with it, same for all of the modern gadgets.

Objective : Snake must kill Ozai and get back to the dimensional magical choppah (who's invincible and will magically appear at the end of Ozai's round), the other guys must capture/kill Snake.

List :

Stealth : Three average bending mooks.

Brawl : One average non-bender soldier.

Stealth : 5 average bending mooks.

Stealth : Five average bending mooks and a capitain.

Brawl : Three non bending soldiers and a captain who will get on the act when the others are knocked down.

Stealth : Two capitains, one veteran fire bender, three average bending mooks.

Brawl : Two chi-blockers and one non bending dude.

Stealth : Three veterans, three captains.

Brawl : Three Veterans, two chi-blockers.

Stealth : Zuko, Mai, three captains, one veterans.

Brawl : Ty Lee alone. If defeated, Five veterans non benders pop out to battle Snake.

Stealth : Azula, four veterans, one captain.

Brawl : Ten non bending soldiers.

Stealth : Fire lord Ozai, four elites benders, two captains.

Gyatso is Boss
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1970 on: May 02, 2016 04:48 pm »

Zuko and Unalaq Vs. Tenzin and Azula (Sane)

Zaheer (Pre-Flight) and Toph Vs Katara and Kuvira

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016 04:50 pm by Gyatso is Boss » Logged
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #1971 on: May 03, 2016 08:34 am »

Zuko and Unalaq Vs. Tenzin and Azula (Sane)

Zuko and Unalaq got this! Zuko will handle Tenzin in the same manner he has fought his father many times, pure concentrated offense that Tenzin will struggle to avoid. Zuko also has raw power that is greater than or equal to Tenzin's. Unalaq will have absolutely no problem at keeping Azula at bay before restraining her with his water arms and freezing her.

Zaheer (Pre-Flight) and Toph Vs Katara and Kuvira
Katara and Kuvira stomp, so hard...Zaheer ain't ready to compete with the masters so he is basically irrelevant, he doesn't have flight to help him evade attacks either. Kuvira's offense is too fast and will keep him moving, while her stone walls will stand up to anything he can dish out, giving her the win. Katara and Toph stalemate until Kuvira shows up to take the win for her team.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016 08:35 am by Niko » Logged

Sig by guitarfreak
Agrippa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Here's to you werewolf Moses. Thank's CherryRose.

« Reply #1972 on: Jan 12, 2017 11:42 pm »

The Dance-Off To End All Dance-Offs*

A gathering of, mostly, highly powerful dance obsessed beings for one grand purpose, to find a truly great a great dancer among mortal kind and bestow him or her with great honor, glories and riches, especially in the form of magical artifacts. To that end these entities draw together seven mortal champions, from four different worlds, split into groups of two with the seventh by himself. The first of these beings is the Slayer Caste Infernal known as Niamh, the Precious Emerald of Dancing Scarlet Slaughter. Two and three are the twin brothers and famous cosmic adventurers Gartheck and Farshal, members of a highly advanced mammalian alien race whose members bear strong resemblances to approximately 5’ tall anthropomorphic ferrets. Number four is Ur-Segashai, the elder goddess known as the Dark Mother and the Queen of Black Soil. The fifth being is the human ghost Isabella Rodrigo Montoya, who was a young 17th century Castilian noblewoman in life. Entities six through eight are a trio of telepathic and psychokinetic sapient dolphins. Last but not least, you have Claptrap of Borderlands fame/infamy. The contestants will be judged by audience reaction.

Potential dance stages 1, 2, 3 and 4

Our esteemed contestants!

Avatar Aang and Katara (Avatar: the Last Airbender)

Signature Performance: Their dance scene from "The Headband"
Back up dancer: Momo

Eddie (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Signature Performance: Hot Patootie Bless My Soul
Back up dancer: Columbia

Peter Jason Quill/Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Signature Performance: Dancing to Redbone's Come and Get Your Love
Back up dancers: Gamora (not really, she's just shaking her head and muttering "No" at Peter) and Groot.

Frances "Baby" Houseman and Johnny Castle (Dirty Dancing)

Signature Performance: Final dance of Dirty Dancing, Time of My Life
Back up dancer: none

Now I need to think prizes other than just bragging rights.

*I know, this is hyperbole, but I don't care.

Spitfire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"I don't like sand."

« Reply #1973 on: Jan 23, 2017 09:05 pm »

My matchups:
Harley Quinn (Rebirth comics) vs. Ty Lee (to make it more fair, Harley doesn't have any weapons or guns)
Crystal (from the inhumans) vs. Korra (both have mastery over all the elements)

Those are the only ones I could think of right now.
TekkiShodan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1974 on: Jan 31, 2017 02:13 am »

Kuvira vs. General Grievous.

Honestly, I think this fight would come down to what metal Kuvira was allowed to use.  She could probably hold her own with earth and steel, but she might have an advantage if she was allowed to bend a lightsaber-resistant metal, like phrik or cortosis.  I'm definitely thinking a showdown with her wielding her wrist sword, hopefully made out of cortosis.  Without them though, I think Grievous would take the win.
What do y'all think?

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places.  If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale."
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: