Nov 22, 2019 09:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 122 (37.3%)
9 - 77 (23.5%)
8 - 70 (21.4%)
7 - 35 (10.7%)
6 - 9 (2.8%)
5 - 6 (1.8%)
4 - 2 (0.6%)
3 - 2 (0.6%)
2 - 1 (0.3%)
1 - 3 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 314

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [216] Appa's Lost Days  (Read 36579 times)
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #325 on: Apr 06, 2011 06:47 pm »

^I'm saying that no one would have really questioned what Appa was doing between The Library and Lake Laogai if this episode wasn't included.

RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #326 on: Apr 06, 2011 07:34 pm »

^she was able to hold off ty lee briefly.

Ty Lee's good side is the paralyzation. As a pure combatant, she isn't Azula or Zuko's equal.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #327 on: Apr 07, 2011 07:44 am »

I'll give you azula but zuko no way.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #328 on: Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am »

Zuko took out Suki relatively effortlessly, using what was pretty much just a normal low sweep- yes, he added fire, but he could have done without. Oh, and he easily utilized his mount on an earlier point to beat her. So Zuko is not merely a good melee fighter, but also a good riding warrior.

He was beating Jet.

Ty Lee, on the other hand, never managed to do anything to any named character except that stalemate with Suki barring surprise attacks. But hey, that's her strong suit. One quick blow before your opponent can adjust to you, and down they go. Even if the opponent guards, she disables the body part used. And the massive jumping and agility she has means she can come out of nowhere.

Zuko's firebending is easily the one most tied to his non-bending moves in the show.

His firebending is in nearly every case, to cite Piandao, nothing more than an extra long very hot arm. So bendingless Zuko? Pretty much the same but with shorter range and less power. And he's still one of the physically strongest characters in the show.

People seem to forget bending is, in it's most basic form, kung fu with added elemental benefits.

However, there certainly are oddities:

Azula has lightning, which is in function almost a gun with a charge up. Ozai's lightning charge even resembles a gun draw from a western movie.

Combustion man essentially has a rocket launcher glued to his forehead.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #329 on: Apr 07, 2011 12:00 pm »

Zuko used bending to overwhelm suki multiple times, he was tied with jet not beating him(the same jet who defeated the airbender who kicked his ass on the daily basis), got his ass handed to him by gow and needed bending, the dai li curbstomped him (who jet had no problems with), struggled to beat a pirate with his bending, etc. Ty lee took out katara, tied with suki briefly on the gondola, took out the entire terror team in minutes.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #330 on: Apr 07, 2011 07:19 pm »

Zuko used bending to overwhelm suki multiple times,

No. He used it once, and a single leg sweep would have done it just as well. The other time, he used his mount.

" he was tied with jet not beating him"

Rewatch the fight. Zuko was winning quite clearly, disarming Jet AND nearly killng him.

"(the same jet who defeated the airbender who kicked his ass on the daily basis)"

Who had major qualms about fighting him and whom he only beat on his own turf. Oh, and who lost to a completely untrained Katara. Jet does not equal Zuko.

", got his ass handed to him by gow and needed bending, "

Actually, his Blue Spirit stunts would easily have been enough, but he seemed to have forgotten about those..

"the dai li curbstomped him (who jet had no problems with)"

lol. The Dai Li, when meeting Jet for the first time, pacified him with no effort. Two of them.

In the later fight, there was roughly as many good guys as Dai Li, and none of the Dai Li really aimed for Jet anyhow. Toph did most of the work.

Jet never proved himself to do any better against a Dai Li team than Zuko- who, when he got owned, at least was so by a four man team.

", struggled to beat a pirate with his bending,"

The pirates owned Aang as well. The captain being a challenge just means that he was less of a pushover than most.

" etc. Ty lee took out katara,"

Surprise attack. Both times. Heck. She didn't even beat a sleep depraved sokka without one.

tied with suki briefly on the gondola,

Her best showing, which really isn't good, considering Suki hasn't a very impressive resumé.

took out the entire terror team in minutes.

Mai assisted off-screen, not to mention the Terra team were bloody idiots(less capable than the Royal Earthbenders, and we all know how horrid they were). Also, Ty Lee, from what we were shown only defeated about 12 of the 40+ Terra Team members.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #331 on: Apr 08, 2011 01:07 am »

And we're getting hugely off-topic now. Please continue this discussion in a more appropriate thread, if you please.

Noob32
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #332 on: Aug 22, 2013 07:36 am »

Why Kyoshi Warriors take the Appa and fly away to Ba Sing Se? Maybe because the creators focused more on avatar.

Not trolling, Just better forumfielding™
#KeeperofLieutesami
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #333 on: Aug 22, 2013 07:44 am »

Why Kyoshi Warriors take the Appa and fly away to Ba Sing Se? Maybe because the creators focused more on avatar.

Suki never gives up a chance to fight. Her choice to stay and fight was definitely one of her characteristic moments (well, from the few we have at least). 

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
The Mug Mugger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Adult Toph is HAWT!

« Reply #334 on: Aug 22, 2013 03:32 pm »

Suki never gives up a chance to fight. Her choice to stay and fight was definitely one of her characteristic moments (well, from the few we have at least). 

Another reason is that Appa was pretty beat up and might not have been able to fly for too long. Suki may also not have known how to get him to fly.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #335 on: Aug 23, 2013 06:40 pm »

Let me ask you guys something. You had the Kyoshi Warriors there, along with Mai and Azula. Leave out that Ty Lee is the greatest living hand-to-hand combatant on the planet. So, assuming that Suki- or, hey, let's say that all the Kyoshi Warriors have managed not to get taken out like bowling pins- jumped on Appa and managed a yip yip...

...what exactly is supposed to keep Azula from shooting a lightning bolt at the flying bison that's about the size of the broad side of a barn?

Never mind Mai, Lady of Ten Thousand Hidden Knives.

Sometimes you guys ask really silly questions. Tongue

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #336 on: Aug 24, 2013 03:36 am »

Let me ask you guys something. You had the Kyoshi Warriors there, along with Mai and Azula. Leave out that Ty Lee is the greatest living hand-to-hand combatant on the planet. So, assuming that Suki- or, hey, let's say that all the Kyoshi Warriors have managed not to get taken out like bowling pins- jumped on Appa and managed a yip yip...

...what exactly is supposed to keep Azula from shooting a lightning bolt at the flying bison that's about the size of the broad side of a barn?

Probably the same thing that kept her from doing it during the first half of The Chase.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Sarcastic Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #337 on: Aug 24, 2013 11:54 am »

^She shot fire in the Chase, that was probably faster than doing lightning again, since she did that to break open the wall Toph put up.

Though that doesn't keep Mai from using her knives either, so Appa probably wouldn't have made it far with the Kyoshi warriors in tow. And Azula knows Appa is afraid of fire now, she could just burn the forest before he gets too far to scare him down.

I am an ASN PRIMORDIAL TITAN!
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #338 on: Aug 24, 2013 12:07 pm »

Though that doesn't keep Mai from using her knives either, so Appa probably wouldn't have made it far with the Kyoshi Warriors in tow.

Oh, on this note, I must add that the Kyoshi Warriors are not entirely devoid of ranged weapons either:

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: