Oct 20, 2019 03:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 122 (37.3%)
9 - 77 (23.5%)
8 - 70 (21.4%)
7 - 35 (10.7%)
6 - 9 (2.8%)
5 - 6 (1.8%)
4 - 2 (0.6%)
3 - 2 (0.6%)
2 - 1 (0.3%)
1 - 3 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 314

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [216] Appa's Lost Days  (Read 36404 times)
Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

Discuss this episode!  THIS TIME FOR REAL!

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

Long Feng is so dead.  I wasn't sure he was an earthbender, before the end, though.  It looks like he intends to manipulate Aang through Appa.  The man is playing with fire.  Aang might decide to glow it up and eliminate  Ba Sing Se as a Fire Nation target.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
climbtreez
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shiny head of DOOM

climbtreez
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

That was so sad. The flash backs really struck a cord with me. And they left you with such a cliffy. I cant wait to find out what happens. I guess thats the point though. Its nice to see characters other than the gaang and zuko once in a while. The firenation boy was so cute. Thats enough rambeling for now
TimKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I get to hear their delightful screaming again...

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

I know that such things are common in literature, but this sort of episode reminds me of Harry Potter, a bit.  In Harry Potter, while the focus is entirely on Harry, with a minimum involvement from Ron and Hermione, there are ALWAYS 30 different things going on in the background that eventually lead to the climax.  I love that.  A lot.

I KNEW that Suki and co. would run into trouble.  Chances are that they are going to be captured.  I KNEW that would happen.  Sokka is going to be running into some ethical and personal troubles at either the season finale or sometime next season.

Take THAT, corrupt circus leader (although this completely undermines my AU where Appa dies and drives aang crazy).

I didn't cry at all at this episode, but GOD was I wincing at appa's predicament.  SHEET did he look like he hurt.

Guru BANZAI!  I LOVE that guy.  Hindu/Buddhist/Similar spiritualists are AWESOME!!  Much better than christians (thank god for a lacking in that department).

Appa's flashbacks=depression.  Ya think that this was the first time he truly realized that he was the last (Possibly) air bison?

Wait, Guru . . . Possibly an Air Nomad, but not an air bender?  They might still EXIST?!
Sweetness.

Aang to the dai li:  "I'm in ur base, killin' ur dudez"
All that and leader-chan is a powerful earth bender.  Neat.  Sorta.
WHEN will that stupid "Lake..." episode air (goes off to search).

More "filler", but definately meaningful.  I loved it good.

Edit:  Someone else mentioned this, already, so props to them, but I was tickled at knowing exactly how much time had passed between "The LIbrary" and "Tales of Ba Sing Se".  This show really has a notion of time, which is SO cool.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2006 08:09 pm by TimKai » Logged

~Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law~
*Aleister Crowley*
peppertree
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Orange-kun

akatsuki.evil@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

Lol... this was an amazing episode...
I have to recover from shock. Long Feng is a poophead.

Whoever made my icons is creative & brilliant.
Jeremiah Gottwald got baked by Kallen... Baked orange...

Visit my Deviantart!! link
macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:39 pm »

I think this has to be the MOST powerful episode we've seen in a long time in regards to advancement and what all to look forward to in the future.

The main one-the eastern air temple

And I do think that it was a very massive movement towards advancement of the story.

Not so much a filler as much as we see the person who will help the most and heal a lot of things and the best part is we saw Suki who showed us VERY much her allegiance to Aang
Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:41 pm »

This was so amazing. I really wanted to learn more about the eastern air temple because of my female airbender fanfic im making... ah well... goodie!

It was so cool how suki got to see appa. I was hoping that she and the other warriors would go and fly him to ba sing se, but i guess that didn't happen Sad curse you ozai's angels! XP

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
Majin_Koenma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Aang hater, Introvert and Nonshipper

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:41 pm »

Overall, not bed. Appa isn't normally the kind of character you base an entire episode arround, but overal it was actually pretty good. And I can"t help but wonder if the old man at the temple is another surviving air nomad.

President of Ba Sing Se/Tessigua master
Keeper of ...
-The Yu Yan Archer's arrows
-Sozin/Roku's crown/The Light Chakra/Master Piandao's sword
ASN's #1 Aang anti-fan
Purple_Sparkle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Open Your Eyes to Love

Caligirlcom@msn.com KataangShipper
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:43 pm »

This is now one of my favorite episodes, it was so sad and touching...poor Appa, I actually cried :'(
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2006 07:45 pm by Purple_Sparkle » Logged

Proud Kataang and Maiko Shipper

Keeper of Zuko's Smile
swordsman zuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I weild dual blade's to strike down my enemies..!

Fire_Blade_41@hotmail.com blademaster1555 riku_way_to_the_dawn
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:43 pm »

it was a good episode 9/10

didnt tihnk appa would escape form the circus so fast...
monk guy was awsome.....
hope suki and her gang ok....

keeper of Fire Nation symbol
keeper of Earth Kingdom symbol
keeper of Jet's outfit
keeper of The Blue Spirits stealth
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:43 pm »

that was an amazing episode, all the little things you see, like iroh on the ship and sokka and katara's dad.  it was also really sad  :'(  and long feng's a jerk.  i loved seeing the eastern air temple.  who were those two guys on the roof when appa flew over ba sing se?

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:43 pm »

A surprisingly good episode, everyone was so doom and gloom about this eppy but this episode was one of the best written episodes this season.
yeh its a bit of a filler, but certainly one of the best fillers of the series.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
light bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:44 pm »

This was a very stunning episode. It all makes sense now, thanks to this episode.

Light dosen't control itself anymore!
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #13 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:45 pm »

Omg baby Appa and tattooless Aang. I think I died right there and then. So. CUTE.

Also, Long Feng is really gaining major villian points in my book. I think he's already surpassed Zhao. Anyone else hoping for some Aang glowy destruction? Cheesy

Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:46 pm »

It was a very good eppisode. Boy did I get heart wrenched. Poor Appa is all I have to say and I am going to effing hunt down the Dai Lei. THEY'RE GOING DOWN.

yo, dai lei, yeah you, come meet me at the parking lot, we'll rumble. You messed with my boy appa and you gonna get it.

But yeah besides that, I LOVED that we saw the eastern air temple!! That is awesome! To see all the baby air bisons and the female monk was awesome! Oh man I thought it was BEAUTIFUL. the landscaping was breathtaking I think. I guess that everyone got an air bison. Was it just the guy air benders or the girls too? I am thinking both because the female monk was obviously taking care of them so I am guessing both got an air bison.

I am glad we learnt more about that temple and that we know Aang him self is going to return there to meet that guy. Was the guy an airbender himself or maybe someone who is just spiritually gifted? I am guessing the later.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
ibec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:46 pm »

Noticed Aang's missing arrow? How old was he...6?  so Cute! and baby Appa too!
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2006 07:48 pm by ibec » Logged

Keeper of Zuko entire Wardrobe, Aang flute, FN War Balloon, Zuko Laughter Cheesy
Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:47 pm »

This epdisode was much better than I expected.

Several things I liked:
~ The Careful attention to time. It all makes sense now. I was wondering why we saw a full moon over The Desert, a waning moon (or was it a waxing moon) over The Serpent's Pass, and another full ooon over Zuko's date in Tale's of Ba-Sing-Se. Now I know exactly how the time progressed, and that it had indeed been four weeks (=one moon cycle)
~ A glimpse of the Southern Water Tribe fleet. Headed towards Ba-Sing-Se, from what I could tell. Grin
~ Flashback on (arrow-less) Aang first getting Appa.
~ The Eastern Air Temple.

And finally : A good old cliff-hanger about Suki. :::gulp::: I hope she's okay. Starting to feel like being involved with Sokka put's a bad jinx on a girl.

macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:47 pm »

Was that Katara and Sokkas dad or was it Bato?

SnowAlc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:48 pm »

that was an amazing episode, all the little things you see, like iroh on the ship and sokka and katara's dad.  it was also really sad  :'(  and long feng's a jerk.  i loved seeing the eastern air temple.  who were those two guys on the roof when appa flew over ba sing se?

The two men on the roof are Di-Li agents.  Anywayz's its a good eppisode it was partially a filler and partially a main eppi.  The eppisode covered lots of information now some of us need to analyze it lol.

Next Eppi: Lake Laogai-This is where we see the underground Jail and I believe we will get Appa back.

/| ^.^  SnowAlc  ^.^ |\
Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:49 pm »

Was that Katara and Sokkas dad or was it Bato?

I am not too sure. I am thinking Bato

And finally : A good old cliff-hanger about Suki. :::gulp::: I hope she's okay. Starting to feel like being involved with Sokka put's a bad jinx on a girl.

Yes I must know about our girl suki!

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Gamabunta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Frog boss

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:49 pm »

Definetly not a filler episode as everyone's been complaining about. A great stand alone episode dedicated to one of the most important characters in the show.

Highlights:
-Appa's capture. I wonder when I saw The Library why it was so easy for the Sandbenders to capture him, but this episode showed me that he put up one hell of a fight.
-The flashbacks. Baby Appa! Aang choosing Appa with an apple was one of the sweetest scenes i've seen this season.
-The animal tamer. A good villainous character, that fire whip was out of this world.
-The little scenes of Iroh and Hagoda (or Batou) witnessing Appa fly over.
-The Kyoshi warriors. Man they're more awsome than ever, not only do they have fans...but shields and Katanas (well...they look like Katanas). Their fight with Azula was pretty one sided but damn was it great to watch.
-Long Feng's trap for Appa. I knew he was going to capture him, but that Earthbending trap door actualy made me jump alittle.
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:50 pm »

~ A glimpse of the Southern Water Tribe fleet. Headed towards Ba-Sing-Se, from what I could tell. Grin

That was so amazing! I almost cried seeing their father out there. Can't wait for the water tribe fleets to tie into the story line! Cheesy

Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:51 pm »

Overall, not bed. Appa isn't normally the kind of character you base an entire episode arround, but overal it was actually pretty good. And I can"t help but wonder if the old man at the temple is another surviving air nomad.
Well, he has been lost for several weeks, so it was really awesome how they showed where he'd been. They wouldn't want us to worry about him, would they? lol

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:51 pm »

Aang was so cute when he was little!! i just saw the episode at 5:00 pm. Aang is so cute when he was little!! without the arrow!!! and a little cutie pie!!

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2006 07:52 pm »

The two men on the roof are Di-Li agents.  Anywayz's its a good eppisode it was partially a filler and partially a main eppi.  The eppisode covered lots of information now some of us need to analyze it lol.

Next Eppi: Lake Laogai-This is where we see the underground Jail and I believe we will get Appa back.

yeah, i thought they were dai li
i sure hope suki's ok

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: