Dec 17, 2017 01:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 155 (61.3%)
9 - 56 (22.1%)
8 - 26 (10.3%)
7 - 10 (4%)
6 - 4 (1.6%)
5 - 1 (0.4%)
4 - 1 (0.4%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 247

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [112] The Storm  (Read 23936 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Feb 11, 2006 10:02 am »

Official Description: A powerful storm brings up painful memories of the past - and puts everyone in jeopardy in the present.
akamai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2006 06:32 pm »

One of my favorite episodes is this one. I know it shows both Zuko and Aang's past, but I actually preferred watching Zuko's. Seeing him so different (and actually like a child) when he was fourteen was nice to see. It's amazing how his banishment changed him so much.

Seeing how Aang got stuck in that ice-ball (was it?) was helpful too. I'm glad the writers didn't just have that scene with no explanation on how he was stuck there.  Wink

Avatar and Signature set made by InnerYin.

"Now we know that all elements have their strength's and weaknesses...but fire is the best!" -Iroh
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2006 06:21 pm »

oooooohhhh, poor, poor Zuko!  :`(
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need an avatar. :(

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006 08:35 pm »

Ozai is so gonna win the Father of the Year award. */sarcasm*

I gasped when it showed Aang eavesdropping on the conversation and then it cut to commercial break. And his expression. Poor little guy. Tongue And then the next time he sees Gyatso is when he's a skeleton. Shocked

I <3 this eppie.

"The answer to your question, brother, is yes. I will travel to Dras-Leona with you. I will help you rescue Katrina. And then, together, you and I shall kill the Ra'zac and avenge our father." ~ Eragon 'Eldest'

Kataang For Life
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006 08:38 pm »

This episode had a lot of revelations, I concider it one of the quintessential episodes of the series.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
someone198
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006 10:34 pm »

I wonder... what do you think eventually happened with the battle they were planning in the war room? We know Ba Sing Se wasn't taken, but how? Did they go through with the plan to sacrifice the 41st division?
"Zuko Alone" also makes me wonder just how much of what happened in the war chamber that day is public knowledge. Do citizens of the Fire Nation know the banished and disgraced Zuko stood up to the Fire Lord on behalf of their soldiers? Will Aang and the gang ever find out?
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006 09:35 am »

Force asked much the same question on the old TGN Avatar thread, and he had an interesting theory about it too. Here's a link to it if you're interested War Room Plan Discussion.

As for the second question, Zuko's actions that day don't seem to be common knowledge. Lieutenant Jee and the other rank and file soldiers were surprised to hear Iroh's account of the origin of Zuko's scar in episode 112. The nobility, many of whom were present at the arena the day of the duel must, of course, know how he was scarred and who scarred him, but I wonder if even most of them know the true cause of the agni kai.

10/10 by the way - one of my favorites.
Xeiros
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I despise Avatar.

266755988 Xerios417 xerios417
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2006 08:59 pm »

We learn so much about Aang in this episode that it helps us to better understand how lost and confused he felt. To show us that while he is the avatar hes still only human. Not only that but we also get a lot of backround on Zuko as well. So we are better able to understand what hes going through.

Wii Code/Nickname:2249-5964-0834-8514/Cenobia
PM me if you register me so I may add you as well.
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2006 07:31 pm »

While the monks are discussing Aang's fate, the 'head monk' or whomever makes the decision to send Aang to the Eastern Air Temple. We learned from one of the questions at the SDCC that Eastern and Western Temples were dedicated to the female population of airbenders.

Er..why would they ship a growing boy off to live with a ton of girls?

Maybe the girls learn different methods for airbending than boys once you hit the advanced stages? Either way, I just thought it was kinda weird and wanted to see if anyone else caught that.

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2006 03:18 am »

Perhaps they shipped him off to the closest Air Temple to the Southern Temple...I don't recall if the Eastern and Western Temples are female only. Help me out fandom (cause I am sooo sleepy)...perhaps those temples have a mix of boys and girls and the north and south are purely male. Ok, my brain just shut off

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2006 05:33 am »

Definitely the best of the six episodes I've seen so far...do you think the parallels they're drawing between Aang and Zuko are deliberate?

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Waterbender Avatar Ramika
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

the power within

longnailedcasper@hotmail.com scoopergiraffe iamaworkofart
« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2006 10:59 pm »

Probably yes, but just as much no.  And I've never heard of that 'girls only air temples'.  Though it would be interesting to see a girl Airbender! ^_^  Even if it is from just a memory.  I really love this episode.  It shows another side of Aang that isn't so playful.  He feels the burdens of being the Avatar, and having lost all that was familiar and dear to him.  The most moving episode so far in the show next to the 3rd one.  That is, until we watch Episode 13. XD

GOOOOOOO Kataang! xD Gooooo . . . umm, Yue and Sokka? XD
kwicked
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

kennethbored@gmail.com kbeonrneedth
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2006 12:02 am »

Did anyone else notice Iroh transfering lightning in this episode? =p
Kari
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Friends are worth more than any gold or jewels.

« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2006 09:19 am »

Sure. What I liked especially was Iroh's tranquillity while doing so. This tranquillity shows more what a powerful firebender he is than the ability to bend lightning itself.
I love that episode. I'm still a very new Avatar fan and was interested in Zuko's past from the beginning on. But I was also caught till a certain point by Aang's past - I always thaught he had a happy life since he was so cheerful always. It surprised me a lot.

Remember when Iroh said he closed his eyes when "it" happened? You know what: I did the same thing. How can a father just be that cruel? This episode was really an excellent one. And probably the episode implying that Zuko is not the bad guy he used to be. One fact I would like to point at here: The young Zuko we get to know is a "good guy" since he stood up for saving other people's lifes, people he didn't even know. This was a big contrast to the Zuko we got to know so far. And the next thing we see is how he risks his own life again for to safe one of his men which clearly shows he is still the same Zuko. Great moment Smiley.

Love,
Kari

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
vix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

vixdiesel@aol.com VixDieselJr
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2006 09:23 pm »

I just re-watched this ep not too long ago and it stands as one of my favorites.  I just love the way the stories were told and how the episode ended overall.  It was done very well.  Since I haven't seen most of Book 2, this is likely in the top three favorites.

Katamari On The Web

Fav Toons: Avatar, Futurama, South Park, Danny Phantom, Powerpuff Girls, Simpsons and others.
Purple_Sparkle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Open Your Eyes to Love

Caligirlcom@msn.com KataangShipper
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2006 09:25 pm »

This is a great episode, it's one of my favorites.
I felt so bad for Aang and Zuko Sad

Proud Kataang and Maiko Shipper

Keeper of Zuko's Smile
Ina Moramento
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2006 09:43 pm »

I actually liked this episode that featured Zuko over the one called "Zuko Alone".  His relationship with his father, and the whole "search for honor" thing makes more sense.

thatssosokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

AppleMomo reigns

« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2006 06:05 am »

It was really cool to see the characters backgrounds. Like what it was like at the airtemple and stuff.

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
LoyalSubject
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2006 09:06 am »

Sure. What I liked especially was Iroh's tranquillity while doing so. This tranquillity shows more what a powerful firebender he is than the ability to bend lightning itself.
I love that episode. I'm still a very new Avatar fan and was interested in Zuko's past from the beginning on. But I was also caught till a certain point by Aang's past - I always thaught he had a happy life since he was so cheerful always. It surprised me a lot.

Remember when Iroh said he closed his eyes when "it" happened? You know what: I did the same thing. How can a father just be that cruel? This episode was really an excellent one. And probably the episode implying that Zuko is not the bad guy he used to be. One fact I would like to point at here: The young Zuko we get to know is a "good guy" since he stood up for saving other people's lifes, people he didn't even know. This was a big contrast to the Zuko we got to know so far. And the next thing we see is how he risks his own life again for to safe one of his men which clearly shows he is still the same Zuko. Great moment Smiley.

Love,
Kari

agreed. i closed my eyes too cause i thought they were going to show it for some strange reason and yeah.....this was the episode where i started liking zuko's story vs. aang's story. at first i hated zuko. and then i saw this episode and i was like awwwww. this is one of my favorite episodes ever.

This is my Destiny.

PLEASE CLICK FOR ME! http://sot.ag/Mzk5NDMw/
zennyrpg
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ZennyRPG
« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2006 06:22 pm »

This is such a great episode.  I just rewatched it and i noticed some things...

First time we see Azula (besides in the openning).  Look at her hand gesture!  She's really enjoying it!

And Ambigous Flashbacky Goodness.  Excactly who are these people supposed to be?  One of them is a young Zuko (as the next frames show) but the others?  Iroh and Lu Ten?  Ozai and Azula? 

This one is the same as the flashback in the Avatar state.

I thought that above was Lu Ten when i saw it in the Avatar State, but by the next frame we can see it is Zuko (this fades into Zukos older scarred face as the flashback ends)
http://www.avatarspirit.net/images/screenshots/112/079.jpg

Keeper of Sozin's Blue Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Blue Inner Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Red Inner Dragon
Keeper of the Meadow Vole
OvanTheRebirth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do you want to know the truth?

« Reply #20 on: Oct 18, 2006 08:44 pm »

This episode recruited me into Zuko's fangirl army. Cheesy
At first I thought he was going to be a cradboard-cutout villain, but the background given in this episode really filled him out, so to speak.

As to the flashbacks, I don't know if that's Zuko or Luten, it would be interesting to find out...

"Traveler, take this to heart.  It is always darkest before dawn..."
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

« Reply #21 on: Oct 20, 2006 05:02 pm »

Well, I think Zuko did have a friendly relationship with Lu Ten. Zuko does mention him in flashbacks on Zuko Alone to Azula: "How would you like it if cousin Lu Ten wanted Dad to die?"

Later in the episode when Ursa tells them Lu Ten died, Zuko's expression obviously looks shocked & sad whilst Azula, as always, is just an evil b***h.

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #22 on: Oct 22, 2006 07:38 pm »

I loved this episode...zuko's past was what reakky interested me...and aang's past was also great....Ozai is a son of a bi#$%...Zuko doesnt deserve this treatment...and damn the air bender that wanted to separate aang and gyatso

I'll give it a 10

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2007 03:33 am »

I loved this episode...zuko's past was what reakky interested me...and aang's past was also great....Ozai is a son of a bi#$%...Zuko doesnt deserve this treatment...and damn the air bender that wanted to separate aang and gyatso

I'll give it a 10

10 for me, too. What kind of jerk fries his own son's face like that & sends him after banishment on an impossible mission (until they found out the Avatar did return for real) to regain his honor? ***hole...

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Noodles Aang Colbert
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o.o

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2007 11:06 am »

i liked the flashbacks as well.  one of the better season 1 episodes.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: