Aug 23, 2017 08:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 56 (24.9%)
9 - 53 (23.6%)
8 - 41 (18.2%)
7 - 32 (14.2%)
6 - 20 (8.9%)
5 - 8 (3.6%)
4 - 4 (1.8%)
3 - 1 (0.4%)
2 - 4 (1.8%)
1 - 6 (2.7%)
Total Voters: 215

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [204] The Swamp  (Read 26344 times)
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #100 on: Jun 27, 2008 11:25 am »

what i don't get  is why most people i know says this episode is just a filler-episode.i don't get that,i see all kinds of forshadowing and so much more it isn't a filler at all in my eyes.
I agree this episode was good. I mean I don't see how you can't enjoy it, The action with the tornado then with the vines aang chasing the vision of toph then with hue, Appa chased by the swamp benders. This had some good action in it.
On top of that this helped leave mysteriousness with 'who is this girl' to toph. Also the same energy read that Guru pathik used is shown, leaving a whoa "what was that?". Also even Zuko and Iroh's story was good, Zuko returns back to the blue spirit, attacking the man that mocked Iroh. This was action packed, Very enjoyable too.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #101 on: Jun 27, 2008 12:54 pm »

Its easy to forget about Zuko's involvement in this episode becacuse its so short, but this is where he gets his swords again, since he lost his in The Siege of the North. Those swords are very important to the story later on as zuko comes to Ba Sing Se and eventually back to the fire nation.

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #102 on: Jun 27, 2008 02:24 pm »

Well on top of that, the story does a good job to keep exciting action in it, while at the same time moving the general story around. Classic avatar.
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #103 on: Jun 28, 2008 05:48 pm »

Sokka to Aang: "Paddle Faster Aang, I Hear pipa's.."

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmate!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #104 on: Jun 28, 2008 08:37 pm »

Sokka to Aang: "Paddle Faster Aang, I Hear pipa's.."
Pipa's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipa

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #105 on: Jun 29, 2008 06:46 pm »

it's what Iroh played in his Tales of BSS episode..

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmate!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #106 on: Jun 30, 2008 08:53 am »

Maybe it's due the fact that I had to watch this episode ridiculously many times when season 2 was still new that I came to deem it boring. I guess I should watch it again for better judgment but it does have some good elements for sure.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by nonamk, resized by me.

« Reply #107 on: Jul 10, 2008 07:35 pm »

I really didn't care much about this ep.  The only cool thing about it was when they showed the chibis, playing around in a boat.  Now, that was funny.

ULG,KLF

Sig by me. Brushes by Stephanie. my dA
I keep Kakashi's Anbu mask. Kakashi's sword & sweet lips.
Kirara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #108 on: Aug 01, 2008 08:36 pm »

I just rewatched this and I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought. It's still not one of my favorites and I am still not too fond of the Swamp Benders but the Swamp itself was really cool and creepy. I also loved all the visions and how they introduced Toph.

Plus I love the ending with the Blue Spirit.

Lover of Tearoh <3
Keeper of Zuko and Aang's promise to rebuild the world together; Mai & Suki's Pai Sho game and Zuko & Iroh's teashop scene in 321!

TophBeiFong77
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I see through eyes of stone..

« Reply #109 on: Aug 15, 2008 12:38 am »

my fav. part of this episode was what Hue(i think) was talking to Aang about the world nd its relationships everything has with everything else.

that is very Zen oriented nd helpful in an increasingly green world today..one of the best ones in my book!!!

The guardian of Flopsy nd Hawkie. The keeper of Sokka\'s space sword, Toph\'s metalbending, nd Katara\'s bloodbending.
Twilight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #110 on: Aug 18, 2008 10:29 pm »

i love this episode, its so spiritual and mysterious. i found it odd that This is how Toph was introduced.
"we see visions of people we've loved, people we've lost" i kept wondering if Aang was going to lose Toph at some point. or does it go deeper into a Taang theory?

i read on another forum (Distant Horizon, i think) and they said that Toph was probably Ummi (Avatar Kuruk's wife) reincarnated. Kuruk lost Ummi, and the swamp is very spiritually connected, so maybe thats why Aang (kuruk's later life) saw Toph (Ummi's later life). and maybe that's why Toph's blind? Koh stole Ummi's face, which would include her eyes, her soul. you know, the eyes are the window to the soul. and in the Seige of the North in Book 1, Aang visited a very dead swamp-like spirit world. and he chased a pale green orb which leads him to an older figure in his life (Roku). similarly, the swamp in the physical world is very alive, he chases Toph (who is in a pale green dress) and it leads him to a older figure in his life (Katara).

i don't know, it makes sense to add the whole Taang factor to it. other than that its sort of random that the mysterious swamp is Toph's first appearence and have NO other relation to that later in the story.

and the award for worst username in retrospect goes to...
netsavy006
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #111 on: Sep 08, 2008 03:25 pm »

Aang was right when he said something was telling him to go into the swamp, as you can see from when they get 'sucked' into it when trying to avoid it.  He was right on the money when he said it was someone he hasn't met yet when it came to the girl he was visioning.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #112 on: Sep 13, 2008 01:41 pm »

I gave this episode a 7.  Those swamp dwellers looked like a cross between the people in Apocolypto and hillbilly stereotypes.
Sokka was, as usual, very funny.
Like the whole world as one big organism idea, with everyone coming from the same roots etc. 

Glad Zuko got some more swords.  Too bad he had to attack a guy to get them(the guy was a jerk, admittedly, but still.....).
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #113 on: Sep 22, 2008 07:25 pm »

What I really really dislike about this episode was how the tornado in the Swamp was never explained. What exactly happened and made the torando occur? airbenders? The Swamp itself? Tornados don't naturally occur in swamps Ya know Tongue

Toph foreshadowing was so strange and amazing. I had no idea who that was, and I was so excited (when that eppie came out, it's when i was introduced to Zutara!) I was so curious to know who that girl was, what will she do, how will she contribute the gaang?

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
system4000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dragon Dance

« Reply #114 on: Apr 12, 2009 02:57 pm »

I was wondering about the Tornado but it seems it was caused by Aangs other Avatar lives who are trying to guide him. I say that because in another episode former Ruko or another former Avatar used Tornadoes to appear to Aang. 

And this episode was very mysterious and quite good. But the swamp people were kind of corny.  Grin

It seems what the above poster Twilight said last sounds plausible. This connection between Aang and Toph. By the way I am still waiting to see the entire episode on when they introduce Toph. Just saw a 1 min. showing of that episode.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #115 on: Apr 12, 2009 06:00 pm »

I don't think The Swamp gets as much love as it should.  The episode gives us some vital information re everything being connected and a part of everything else. The 4 nations no longer have that connection.
KataraAangancienttemple
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #116 on: Aug 09, 2009 09:45 pm »

I think this could go here: So I was looking on Avatar's wiki (a part of wikipedia devoted entirely to Avatar that was not its article) and I found out that "the Swamp" does not have a recap (I think they mean "Previously on Avatar") which is weird because ever since it started being shown daily they made a one for every episode and I think it would be weird that this episode would not have one.
Patmosgirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #117 on: Oct 14, 2009 08:36 pm »

I realize that the Blue Spirit appears for the first time in this episode, but has anyone ever noticed the beginning where Zuko, (presumably), got the mask? I had never noticed, so I'll tell you about it. Wink

Before anyone approaches Iroh and Zuko, they are just sitting - Iroh in good spirits, and Zuko glowering as normal. A cart passes by, (very briefly), with masks hanging on the side. The typical Blue Spirit music is played for a second or two, and if you look closely, you can see the mask hanging on the upper right cornor of the cart. Zuko's mascarading as this character is debuted later in this episode to gain money and food for himself and Uncle.

Is it just me? Did anyone else notice this?
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #118 on: Oct 14, 2009 08:50 pm »

^ It's in the running for the "Most noticed thing ever" award in the Interesting Things Noticed In Avatar thread. Wink

Still, good catch. I never noticed it myself.

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #119 on: Oct 26, 2009 07:49 pm »

^This was pointed out about two years back in the Interesting things noticed in Avatar thread, so I had already knew the whole cart thing.. that, or I saw it by myself.. I just know I knew this fact for 2 years. Grin

I loved this episode mainly because it was the first Avatar episode I watched, and because for me, it had a lot of Toph/Aang foreshadowing. What with the swamp showing people they loved, and time being an illusion, I was very hopeful. Tongue

Katara was also very bad@$$ in this episode... gotta love how far her bending had come at that point.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #120 on: Oct 26, 2009 08:16 pm »

^ Actually, it's on the very first page. Tongue
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=121.msg1837#msg1837

Soon to celebrate its 4th birthday. Grin We should buy a cake.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #121 on: Nov 01, 2009 01:42 pm »

^Yup, and put a little tornado on it Cheesy

I think the Tornado still haunts me at night. What was wiht the Tornado? Never explained man, never explained.

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #122 on: Nov 01, 2009 01:48 pm »

^The Swamp had been calling Aang. And like Hue said, there's many unexplained mysteries about the Swamp. 'Tis indeed alive.. something among those lines.

When Aang decided to ignore the Swamp's calls, the Swamp brought him down. Grin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #123 on: Nov 03, 2009 01:27 am »

^that makes sense. How did you figure that out Tongone Cheesy you sneaky Avatard Wink

The tornando still made me angry. Hahaha, but Katara seeing Kya? that was intense.

Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #124 on: Nov 07, 2009 12:10 am »

This episode gets a bad rap. But personally, I liked it. The one thing I didn't like was what they did to Hu's character. He started out as a sort of Guru that ushered all sorts of themes and foreshadowing to the surface. Then, and within the same episode I might add, he became a comic relief.

That's classic anime, and I can't stand it. It might have been better if they had done him like Iroh. That is, to be used for his comedy as much as for his wisdom, but they didn't.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The_Elite.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: