Apr 16, 2014 05:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding Ursa {K+} [Chapter Twelve/THE END: 10/21]  (Read 6959 times)
xxboomerAANGsquadxx
Professional Penguin Sledder

<3

« on: Jul 30, 2008 07:54 pm »

Author's Note: This is a fanfiction (my first) that I've been working on a lot.  I plan to update every wednesday.  The link to this on fanfiction.net will be found right here! Enjoy!

Finding Ursa
I.

"One more story! Please!" I heard my little sister's voice call out as I rounded the corner of the long hallway.

"If its okay with your mother, I don't see why not," my father's deep voice responded to her with a chuckle.

"Okay, fine," my mom responded, chuckling as well, "but nothing scary, okay, Zuko?"

I heard my little sister cheer and I rolled my eyes. By this time, I was outside of Zuni's room. Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to listen to my father's story as well. For a firelord, he told pretty good stories. I guess that's reasonable, considering his past. I peered into the room.

"Which story, Zuni?" my dad asked her.

Zuni's eyes glanced from our father to our mother, whose lap she was resting on. She looked back at my dad, who was eagerly awaiting her answer, and replied, "I want to hear one about your mom."

I narrowed my eyes. Dad never talked about his own mother. I looked over at my mom, whose expression changed completely.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Zuni," she told my little sister, who immediately became disappointed.

After a moment of silence, my dad responded by saying, "It's fine. It's about time the kids learned about their grandmother." He paused for a moment then looked into the doorway. "I know you're there, Oroh," he said to me, "you should come in here too. This one's a good one."

I walked into the room and nodded my head. I sat down on the chair next to the bed that Zuni and my mom were laying on. I got comfortable when my father started his story.

"Since the day I met her, my mother and I were as close as mother and son could get. She loved me more than she loved your grandfather; and I loved her more than I loved anyone else.

"When I was about ten years old, I lived with my mom, my dad, and my little sister - Azula."

"I never knew you had a sister, Daddy!" Zuni inturrupted her. "You guys were just like me and Oroh!"

My mom chuckled. "You'd better hope that you and Oroh aren't like your father and his sister."

Zuni looked confused but my father continued his story.

"Anyway, Azula and I weren't what you would call "close" to one another. She had two best friends - your mother being one of them - and I had no friends. I would sit by the pond in our courtyard and just talk with my mom.

"Until one particular day when everything changed. We went to a meeting with my father to talk to my grandfather. After I showed him my bending and Azula showed him hers, we were asked to leave.

"Why, Daddy?" Zuni inturrupted again. "Why couldn't you stay?"

My mom shushed her. It was quite apparent that she wanted to hear the story, too.

"Of course, Azula, being the rebel that she was, pulled me behind one of the curtains in the meeting room so that we could hear what my father needed to talk to my grandfather about.

"Their conversation talked about the heir for the throne. You see, kids, your great uncle Iroh had just lost the war to conquer Ba Sing Se. Even worse, he lost his son. My father thought it was unfair because he had lost his only son, so the bloodline would end there. He begged my grandfather to let him take the throne instead.

"My grandfather was outraged by this proposal. He demanded that my father did not know the pain of losing a son. In other words, my grandfather was going to kill me."

"No!" Zuni cried. She bundled up closer to my mom.

"Maybe we should continue the story another night," my mom suggested, "It's late and Zuni needs some rest."

"No! Daddy! Continue! Please!" Zuni yelled.

"Okay, okay. My mom found out that my father was going to kill me and she was outraged. She plotted very treacherous things, to save my life. Because of her wrongdoing, she was banished.

"I've yet to go one day without wondering where she is." I noticed that my father was beginning to tear up as he was talking. "A few weeks after I took the throne from my sister - which is another story - I went to ask my father where she was. But he refused to answer me. He told me that I was a failure, a traitor, and a mutinist. He has not talked to me since."

"Daddy, that's so sad," Zuni hopped off the bed and gave him a big hug. She was crying as well.

My mom just looked at them. Then she turned to look at me.

"Nothing from you, Oroh?" she asked me.

"No," I replied.

I stood up and walked into my room. I put on my hooded cloak and went for a walk outside. I grabbed my lantern off the hook by the back door and lit it. I walked for about two blocks before I got to my clubhouse that I used to hang out in when I was little.

I climbed the metal ladder that one of my friends had bent a while back and entered the small metal shack that he had constructed. On the wall in front of me, there were all of our names carved into the metal sheet. The first on the list was my name. Then was my best friend, Koda. Then Kya. Then Dente. And last, scribbled at a different time, was Tera.

I put my back against one of the walls and closed my eyes. I began to think about my dad and his mother. I could not even imagine the pain of losing the only person that I loved.

After about an hour of alone time, I looked up at the moon. I figured it was about midnight so I walked back to the main part of the palace. I crept into my room and went to sleep.

That night, I had a lifechanging dream. In my dream, I was walking down the shaded pathway in the courtyard with my mom. Suddenly, she vanished. I spent the rest of my dream either crying or looking for her. Nobody knew where she went and nobody would help me find her.

I woke up that night sweating like crazy. Within a few minutes, my mom came in and felt my forehead.

"Oroh! Are you alright? You don't look so good," she told me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded. I hugged her, even though I was really sweaty. I was just so glad to have her right now.

The next morning, the cook served us some breakfast and I was very quiet. Which seemed to be okay, because Zuni talked double that morning, which allowed me to not say much.

By that afternoon, I was done thinking. I knew exactly what I had to do. I went to talk to my dad that night.

"Dad?" I asked as I opened the large doors to his throne room.

"Oroh?" he responded.

I walked farther in, "I have a proposition for you."

"A proposition?"

I made a fist and bowed to him. "Yes. It was actually inspired from your story last night."

He rose his eyebrow, "You want me to kill you?"

"No," I laughed, "I would like your permission to go on a trip. I'd like to find your mom."

Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Meet The Gang
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2008 06:40 pm by xxboomerAANGsquadxx » Logged

^Props to ShootingStar for the AMAZING sig!
Fanfic - Final Chapter Up! | Vid | Graphics
sad panda

« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2008 08:40 pm »

I was so confused at the beginning, trying to figure out who was who. (I thought at first Zuni was a servant that was telling Ozai's stories for him then I thought Zuni was Zuko's nickname for Azula. XD) Now I feel stupid. Tongue This is pretty interesting, Zuko reuniting with Ursa when he's a lot more older.

He rose his eyebrow, "You want me to kill you?"

"No," I laughed,

Haha. Cheesy (Though I think it should have been "raised" instead of "rose"- it sounds weird.)

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2008 08:44 pm »

This is an awesome story with a great start.

He rose his eyebrow, “You want me to kill you?”

“No,” I laughed,

Haha. Cheesy (Though I think it should have been "raised" instead of "rose"- it sounds weird.)

Hilarious. Haha.

Keeper of Katara's attempt at being funny and the Kataang kiss in EIP
Ships: Kataang, Maiko, and Tokka <3
My Fanart
Dante_Lucifer

Dante Lucifer Decai

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2008 08:45 pm »

wow...this could be a nice filer episode...really good

yeah i noticed some mistakes but not many....i mean its good for your age

speaking of which what is ur age?

EVIL IS A BIT TOO MUCH FUN....DANTE LUCIFER DECAI
ld80061

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2008 01:09 am »

Sounds promising - please, continue!
tokogawa

Winter, spring, summer,and fall...

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2008 11:12 am »

Nice, I have to say I am impressed by the gem of a story. The kids are pretty cute, but their ages are a little distant from one another. I take it that Zuni is around seven and Oroh is around fourteen. Zuko shows himself as a caring, emotional father who's softened a little with the times, he's reflected in his daughter. Mai is still reserved and a little distant, but not so much that can't feel her warmth, she's reflected in Oroh. Lastly, the way you introduced the idea of finding Ursa, made it seem the most natural thing in the world. I can't wait to see more.    
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2008 11:03 pm by tokogawa » Logged

The Autumn Throne
Camellia
You are welcome to read poetry in The Dances Of A Wind-Swept Fire
Falcon

Warrior

« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2008 07:56 pm »

this story looks very promising. i can't wait for the next update!

Thank You Brush Bender!
xxboomerAANGsquadxx

<3

« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2008 11:12 am »

@sad panda - Hmmm.  I'm not sure which it's supposed to be.  I'm glad you liked it.  Cheesy
@avatarwolfmaster - Thank you for you amazing comment! I really appreciate that.  Smiley
@Dante_Lucifer - Thank you! I'm thirteen and I'll be fourteen in April.
@ld80061 - Thankies! Here is the continuation!
@tokogawa - very close.  Zuni is 8 and Oroh is 15.  The age gap is large, but wait till you see the Sukka Spawny age gap...Thanks for reading and commenting!
@Falcon - Glad you like it! Thanks for the comment!

(Author's Note: this chapter is a bit early due to the fact that I am going on vacation. Normal Wednesday updates will start on August 13th. Enjoy the next chapter!)

II.

"Oroh, I've tried, it's impossible. There's only one person who knows where she is, and I haven't talked to him in about twenty years"

"Who?"

"Your grandfather. But it's a lost cause. He won't talk to any of us."

"Please, dad. I'm bored here. I've learned all I can in my lessons and I really want to do this. I'll talk to him."

My dad looked into my eyes. I stared right back. Our identical eyes looked deeper into each other. He broke his gaze and looked down. He looked back up at me.

"If you can get information out of your grandfather, you have my permission to go," he told me. I smiled. He continued, "But Oroh,"

"Yeah?"

"Don't get your hopes up. Your grandfather is an impossible man to get information out of. He is cruel and hates our family."

I nodded, bowed, and walked out of his throne room. I went into my room and went to sleep. I would need rest for tomorrow's expedition.

When I woke up, I ate breakfast quickly while listening to Zuni chatter about her dream last night. I hid a few pastries in my pockets for my grandfather.

After breakfast, I went to leave when my mom grabbed me and combed out my hair. I pulled away from her. I liked my hair messy and loose, not like my father, who kept his hair in a tight bun. I ran out the door until I got to the edge of the palace. From there I walked over to the second to top prison in the firenation. It came right after the Boiling Rock, which had been locked due to cruelty to the prisoners.

I bowed to the guards and told them that I had permission to be in the prison. They let me pass and I roamed around, looking for the cell that my grandfather was in.

I finally got to the door that led to my grandfather's cell. I pushed it open. I looked at him. It took me a moment to recooperate. He looked exactly like my dad, only older. And he had no scar over his left eye.

"Gr-grandpa?" I started. He drove so much fear into me. His glare was deathly and his attitude towards me startled me.

"I brought you something," I stuttered, as I pulled the pastries out of my pockets. He raised his head and looked at the food I had in my hand. I inched closer to the cell he was in and I put it just out of arms' reach.

"I can't reach it," he told me.

"I know," I said bluntly, "I need something from you first."

He turned away from me, obviously outraged. He shouted at me, "You're just like your father. Always asking for something. Ungrateful child!"

"Please. Its just a little bit of information. A little information in exchange for a bunch of pastries. When was the last time you had one of these, Grandpa Ozai?"

"Don't call me that!" he snapped, "I do not want any relation to any of your family of traitors."

"Fine. I need some information that only you have and you want some pastries that you aren't going to get unless you take these right now."

"Agreed," he grunted.

"I need to know where my grandmother is."

"Disagreed," he grunted and turned all the way around.

"Okay, okay," I told him, letting up a bit. I sat down in the opposite corner and stared at him. "I'll wait until I get the information. But I have to warn you, if I get hungry (which is often due to the fact that I'm still growing) I will eat the pastries. Leaving less and less for you."

He grunted, but ignored me. I took one pastry out of my pocket and began to sniff it.

"Mmmm! This smells so good. I bet it tastes so much better." I spoke to myself aloud.

"Enough. I'll speak," he snapped, "but it doesn't matter. You'll never find her."

"Thank you," I added sarcastically.

"A few weeks after she left, and the anger went away, I realized that I still loved her. I would send people out to try and find her. The only information that I could get back was that she was on some Earth Kingdom island. Happy?"

"Yes, thank you," I replied. I made a fist and bowed to him. I tossed the pastries through one of the bars. "Goodbye Grandpa."

And I left before he could yell at me for calling him "Grandpa".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"He spoke to me!" I yelled as I pushed open the doors to my dad's large throne room and ran up to his throne.

My dad cleared his throat and I rolled my eyes, but made a fist and bowed to him. I looked back up at him and noticed he had stood up and gotten closer to me. I smiled to him and he embraced me in a big hug. I hugged him back.

"You have my permission. Let's go talk to you mom," he told me.

We walked through the corridors and found my mom in the kitchen talking to the chef. She turned around to look at us. She must have noticed the seriousness on my father's face because her expression turned from happy to concerned.

"What's going on?" she asked us.

"Oroh, care to explain to your mother?" my dad asked me.

"Mom, I'd like your permission to take a journey away from the palace for a little while. It might be a few weeks, months, or even years. I'm not sure."

"Where are you going and with who?" she asked me. The normal Mom questions.

"I'm going to find my grandmother. By myself," I informed her.

"He has my permission to take Destiny on his journey," my dad added.

"Alone? I don't like that," my mom told me, concerned, "There are people out there, Oroh, who will hurt you because you are the Fire Nation prince."

"What if I got a few of my friends to join me? I'll go up to the Northern Water Tribe. I know there's a few things that Dad wants to give Avatar Aang. I'll deliver them and then take Kya with me. Please, Mom?"

She looked at me, then at my dad. She shrugged, "Why not?"

My dad and I gave her a big hug.

"But," she started, causing Dad and I to let go a bit, "you have to promise me that you will be safe, use your firebending when necessary, and say goodbye to your little sister when she gets home tomorrow night from Poa's house."

I smiled. "Deal."

We resumed our hug.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That night, I packed a small bag of clothing and necessary supplies. I grabbed a few medical supplies, some food, and a knife or two. I tied up my bag and went out to the royal stables.

I saw my dad stroking Destiny's neck. Next to him was my mom, holding his other hand and leaning on him. I could tell it would be hard to my mom to let go of me. But she knew it was the right thing to do.

I approached the three of them, walking slowly. I pet Destiny's large head and she rubbed up against my arm. I looked up at my parents.

"I got the saddle all ready for you, Oroh," my dad informed me. I nodded at him and gave them both a big hug.

The three of us walked outside to the courtyard, where Zuni was playing with a few of her friends. My dad and I put the finishing touches on the saddle and my belongings and he hugged me as my mom got Zuni. I gave her a big hug and she started crying.

I kissed my mom on the cheek and she started to cry as well. We had one final family hug. My mom kissed me and stuck some extra food in my pockets.

I hopped up onto Destiny's scaley, purple back and got ready to take off. I said a final goodbye to my family.

"Oroh," my mom called, "please write to me as soon as you get to the Northern Water Tribe!"

"I will," I assured her. "And dad?"

"Yes, son?"

"I will not fail."

I took off into the sky, headed towards the Northern Water Tribe.

Falcon

Warrior

« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2008 11:23 am »

yes! the journey begins!

haha, ozai's been reduced to a dog, begging for treats. i love it!

have fun on your vacation. : )

Thank You Brush Bender!
kaidawater

Toshiro <3

colorguard1013
« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2008 02:50 pm »

Loving it so far! Post soon!

truewarrior

Avi and Sig by my buddy Electrimafried.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2008 03:26 pm »

Good transition. The scene with Ozai was classic!! Have fun!

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2008 03:39 pm »

And so the search for Ursa begins.
I love the Ozai/Oroh interaction. It was very well portrayed.
Yay! Kataang spawny going with Maiko spawny.
This update was full of awesomesauce.

My Fanart
tokogawa

« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2008 09:36 pm »

So Oroh is going to search the Earth kingdom for Ursa with Aang and Katara's daughter? Pretty good, but predictable. The chapter was an excercise in humor with the reasonable beginning and end. With Ozai, you have a pretty light hearted reaction to the man's fall. Oroh is able to goad information from him with pastries... He's lost a lot of dignity. Well, until the next chapter.   

The Autumn Throne
Camellia
sad panda

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2008 10:12 pm »

Yay--update! Love the Ozai scene. Don't be calling him Grandpa! Tongue Can't wait to see how the Kataang people are doing. (I also love the Mom!Mai interaction--however little there is.)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management

Av & Sig by tokkatokkatokka

« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2008 10:27 pm »

Such a nice, unique story! I love Ursa too much and I can't wait to see how you will write.

Oroh... A twist around Iroh's name? Speaking of Iroh, where is he? Still tending tp the Jasmine Dragon in BSS?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings; Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit
chosen34

Hey Beach Bums.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2008 05:24 pm »

Wow this is interesting yay!

Keeper  of Azula's Hairbrush in 320.
Shipper of any Ty lee and Azula ships. Squadron leader of the 2nd Airship  "The Embers" in Azula's army
Sig by Brushbender ! My first Avatar amv - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNED-_u7krI
xxboomerAANGsquadxx

<3

« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2008 07:18 pm »

So many comments! You guys make me feel so loved! *huggles everyone* Cheesy
@ Falcon - Well, Ozai saw Azula being like a puppy, so he just copied.  It was a fun vacation, thank you!
@ Kaida - Thank you! Here it comes!
@ truewarrior - Thank you! (I like messing with Ozai...*notices how wrong that sounded*...erm, nevermind...)
@ Avatarwolfmaster - Thankies! The Oroh and Ozai scene was so fun to write.  I had the whole thing running in my head and I kept giggling to myself.  Grin
@ Tokogawa - Alas, Oroh and NAMELESS KATAANG SPAWNY until you look below... will be joined by three others...who will they be? o_O Thanks for the comment!
@ Sad Panda - At least Oroh didn't call him Gramps, right? Grin I wish there was more Mai, but I couldn't seem to work her in it more.  There's also not much Katara in the next chapter, which is sad.  Thanks for the comment!
@ Icy - Hmm...I didn't think about that.  Iroh must be...pwning people and serving tea somewhere.  Maybe with Aunt Wu o_O.  Or Toph...Cheesy  Yes.  There are a few plays with names that I've used. Thanks for the comment!
@ Chosen34 - Thank you!

III.

I flew for about five days, stopping here and there to give Destiny short breaks and camping out during the nights. When I finally arrived at the Northen Water Tribe, I put my large robe on and combed my hair out. I wanted to look nice before seeing the Avatar again. Plus, if anyone saw me, my messy hair would be a disgrace to the Fire Nation monarchs. I'd heard it from my mother so many times.

Destiny and I flew right up to the Avatar's home. I tied her up next to a river that she could drink from and went inside. I heard her roar at Appa, and then I heard Appa roar back. I could tell that they missed each other, too. I looked around. I immediately saw Avatar Aang. I walked over to him and bowed.

"Prince Oroh? What brings you here?" he asked me as he bowed back. His eyes brightened and his smile widened.

"I'm on a special mission and, with your permission, I'd like to take Kya along," I responded bluntly.

He looked at me for a moment. He asked, "Where is your father?"

"Back at the palace. These letters are from him," I said, passing him the letters from my dad, "This journey, I plan to take alone."

"Alone with Kya?"

"Yeah," I agreed, realizing my mistake, "not alone then."

"Would you like to spend a few days here first? When was the last time you spent a week with us?"

"Yes, thank you. But I can only stay a few days. Then, I must leave and carry on my journey."

"Glad to have you," he told me, pulling me into an large embrace. Our fathers have been best friends for a very long time. He led me into the small house and carried in my bag. He took me to the room next to Kya's. "Here's where you'll be staying, Oroh."

"Thank you," I said, "Excuse me, Avatar Aang, but where is Kya or Katara?"

"They're out at the market. They should be home very soon," he informed me, "Why don't you get situated until they return."

"Thank you." I put my bag on the bed and took off my heavy robe. I took out a scroll and started a letter to my mother.

My Family,
I have arrived safely in the Northern Water Tribe. Avatar Aang says hello and that he misses you, Dad. I have told him all about my plan and journey. I'll ask Kya about it when she gets home. I miss you all.
Love,
Prince Oroh

I rolled it up and put it on a messenger hawk. It should reach them in a few days. I layed down on the bed and rested my head for a while.

About ten minutes later, I heard the front door swing open and Kya's friendly voice start talking. I hopped off the bed and walked over to the front door. I didn't see Kya, but I did see a huge stack of baskets with legs.

"Would you like some help?" I asked, taking a few of the baskets off her hands. Her gray eyes brightened with her smile when she saw me.

We put the baskets on the table and she gave me a big hug. I hugged her back. She had definitely grown since the last time I'd seen her. I did too, which kept me still about a foot taller. Her black hair had gotten longer and she seemed thinner. There was still no arrow on her forehead, so she must not have mastered airbending yet.

"How'd you get here?" she asked me, still hugging.

I broke off the hug. I told her, "I flew on Destiny."

"By yourself?" she asked me, tilting her head slightly. She had the greatest smile. I also noticed that she was done with that "awkward phase" that she had been going through the last time I had seen her. Her teeth had all grown in and her skin had cleared up a bit.

"Yeah. Which is actually why I'm here," I started. I turned to Katara and Avatar Aang, "May I please speak to Kya alone in her room?"

Kya seemed confused, but she turned to her parents as well. Katara nodded and I followed Kya to her room. She sat down on her bed and leaned up against the wall. I sat on the chair near the bed.

I looked around the room. It was so different from the last time I'd seen it. The last time I had been here was at least two years ago. Usually, everyone comes to my house, for it is the biggest and in the middle of everyone else's houses. I had come here during the summer to help them move into their new house. Then, it wasn't furnished at all. Now it had skins dyed blue to cover the walls. There were drawings everywhere that Kya must have drawn and a small desk that she must do her schoolwork on. There were a few pictures of the two of us that had been painted during that summer. There were a few pictures of us with Koda and Dente, some with just Koda, and two with her and Tera. There was also a painting of her with her parents. She had some small gifts that I had bought her when I was little and we visited. My parents had insisted that I buy her some firenation things as a gift. They told me it was polite and kind. She had a small firenation doll that stood on her dresser and a few firenation robes that looked pretty worn laying on a chair. I couldn't find the necklace I had bought her when I was only ten.

"So...?" she asked me.

I realized that I had zoned out for at least five minutes looking around the room. I looked back at her.

"I'm taking a journey around the Earth Kingdom, and I would like you to accompany me," I told her, leaving out the key details that may change her opinion of coming.

"Why?"

I sighed. I figured leaving out details would be out of the picture. "I'm on a very special mission sent by myself. I'm going to find my grandmother."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"And you want me to come?" she asked, shocked by it for some reason.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because."

She shrugged. "Okay."

"So you'll come?" I asked. I hoped that she couldn't see how excited I got.

"Sure. But I have to ask my parents first," she said as she smiled at me and stood up.

I stood up as well. I followed her out of the room. She went to go help Katara put some of the food away. I asked Katara where Avatar Aang went. She told me that he was outside clearing off the pathway to the house.

I walked outside, then remembered that I had taken my warmer robe off. I went back into the house and put it back on. I ran back out while Kya laughed at me.

I found Avatar Aang moving the snow off the pathway and forming it into a fence around the house. When he was left with an extra pile of snow, I melted it and he bent the water into the canal.

"Good teamwork," Avatar Aang chuckled.

"I asked Kya about it. She says that she'd like to come along if it's alright with you," I was straight to the point.

"She has my permission. When I was your age I was roaming the world all the time. Its about time Kya sees the world."

I was so relieved by his answer. I thanked him, "Thank you, Avatar Aang. Thank you." I bowed to him and went back into the house.

When I went back in, Katara and Kya were done putting the food away and Katara was cooking and Kya was setting the table. I chuckled as she tossed the forks in the air and airbended them to their proper spots. I grabbed the cloths and set them at each seat.

During dinner, I talked nearly non-stop about what was going on in the Fire Nation. Katara gave her permission after much arguing, but said that we had to wait until the day after tomorrow. When dinner was over, I cleared off the table and went with Kya into her room so that we could catch up a little more.

"So how's your girlfriend, Oroh?" she asked me.

"Gin Shi? We broke up about a half a year ago," I answered quietly.

"Oh."

"Yeah. How's Zuni?"

"She's good. She's grown so much."

"That's good."

"Maybe after the trip, I'll take you there. She misses you a lot."

"That'd be nice."

After about ten minutes of catching up, we decided to go to sleep. I said goodnight to her and went into my room. I laid down and went to sleep.

The next morning, I ate breakfast with Kya, Katara, and Avatar Aang. Afterwards, Avatar Aang and I went to the Water Tribe palace to talk with the Water Tribe Chief. He had seen the dragon and requested my presence.

We talked until dusk about international happenings. We also chatted about my journey. He gave me some advice and told me that he had heard rumors of an Earth Kingdom island where the people still held grudges against the Fire Nation. He gave me some things to give to my father when I returned home. When I went home that night, I sat with Kya and talked with her again. We prepared ourselves for our jouney tomorrow.

The next morning, Katara packed us some extra food and we said our goodbyes to Avatar Aang and Katara.

"Be safe, Kya," Katara whispered as we got onto the dragon. She had tears in her eyes. Kya jumped off and gave her parents a big hug.

"I will, Mom," Kya whispered back.

"Don't do anything stupid," Aang added, chuckling slightly.

Kya nodded. She added, "I love you."

"I love you too," Katara told her.

"Love you," Aang said, kissing her cheek.

She let go and hopped on Destiny's back. She waved as the dragon took off. When we couldn't see them anymore, she joined me at the front. I noticed the tears in her eyes. I put my arm around her and used my thumb from my other hand to wipe away her tears. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I've never left home without them," she whispered to me.

"We'll be back soon, don't worry. We'll find her in no time."

chosen34

Hey Beach Bums.

« Reply #17 on: Aug 13, 2008 03:13 pm »

Great Story Keep it Up! I have a small feeling that Kya and Oroh might do something stupid or end up together but that's just me!

Keeper  of Azula's Hairbrush in 320.
Shipper of any Ty lee and Azula ships. Squadron leader of the 2nd Airship  "The Embers" in Azula's army
Sig by Brushbender ! My first Avatar amv - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNED-_u7krI

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #18 on: Aug 13, 2008 04:47 pm »

Great update.
So the other kids are either Tokka or Sukka spawnys right?
Yay for stupidity! Something bad is gonna happen since it always does. Awesome.
Can't wait for more.

My Fanart
sad panda

« Reply #19 on: Aug 17, 2008 12:03 pm »

Cool, they have an airbender baby named after Katara's mum! <3 I wish Oroh and Kya a safe journey (that will never happen like avatarwolfmaster said). Tongue
tokogawa

« Reply #20 on: Aug 17, 2008 04:46 pm »

Wow, I saw that last part coming. Old crush, I guess. However, it almost felt like it happened too quickly and left a huge history we really don't know. As for Katara and Aang, they are really trusting of Oroh... I can't blame them, hes a good kid and practically family, but I would be a little suspicious about my fourteen year old daughter and my friend's fourteen year old son going on a long journey together, mix in latent emotions and hormones... but you won't have any of that, its K after all. I can't wait to see the other kids who are going wth them. The more I read, the more I get that whole gaang generation 2 feeling. See ya.

The Autumn Throne
Camellia
GollyGosh

Being a dragon is no small privilege!

« Reply #21 on: Aug 18, 2008 06:40 pm »

GollyGosh approves!
Waterbending USApotterfan

Stand in the Rain

« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2008 11:06 pm »

*gasp* OLAF! Our purple scaley friend...*hugs*

Great story, I can't wait too read what happens on their journey. I think they would make a cute couple. Smiley

Avvie by cavesareforshipping, sig by me
Keeper of Music Night on the ship, fire squats, Zuko's "You're just a big blah" and "The scar's NOT on the wrong side"
Fleur du Feu

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #23 on: Aug 19, 2008 08:41 pm »

I really like this story. i too think that Oroh and Kya would be cute together. this is great, keep it up and i look forward to more! Smiley

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
xxboomerAANGsquadxx

<3

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2008 11:02 am »

@Chosen34 - *giggles* I'm glad you like it. Thanks for commenting!
@Avatarwolfmaster - Perhaps...Roll Eyes *shuffles off screen* Thanks!
@Sad Panda - Of course not! Thanks!
@Tokogawa - Not an old crush, just bestest buddies.  And Aang and Katara trust because they did the same thing at the same age.  Nothing major happened between them.  They know that Oroh is responsible, mature, and would protect Kya.  Thanks for reading!
@GollyGosh - I'm glad! Thankies for the comment!
@WaterbendingUSApotterfan - I just had to throw OLAF in there somewhere  Roll Eyes and I thought Destiny would be the perfect name Cheesy.  Thanks!
@Fleur du Feu - Thank you! Here comes more!

And just as a message to all of you, I'm really glad that you're reading my little fanfiction! It means a lot to me!
I luff you all!  Kiss Grin

IV.

I listened to Kya's steady breathing as I flew that night. I had allowed her to go to sleep while I flew since she was my guest and she was here on my behalf. After about two hours of flying, Destiny landed in a forest in the Fire Nation. I put a blanket over Kya, since I knew it would get cold, and took my sleeping bag and lied down on Destiny's long, scaly neck.

When I woke up the next morning, Kya was already awake. I didn't see her, but I heard her singing from the stream. She was probably bathing, but I didn't go over to check. If she was, I didn't really want to go over there.

I took out some of the bread that my mother had given me. I cut a few slices with my knife and toasted it on an open fire. As I was feeding a slice to Destiny, Kya came back from whatever she was doing.

Turns out, I was right. It was a bath, because her hair was really wet. I looked at her neck. On it was the Fire Nation necklace I had gotten her so long ago.

"Good morning, Oroh," she greeted me. She was wearing one of her lighter robes and had her hair down. It was so long now that it went below her waist.

"Good morning. Sleep well last night?" I asked.

She sat down on a rock and started brushing her hair. She smiled at me and responded, "Yeah. What about you?"

"Yeah," I smiled back. I held out a piece of bread. "Would you like a piece, Kya?"

"Yes please." She finished combing through her hair and held out her hand. I tossed it over there and she caught it.

When she finished eating, we spent about ten minutes packing up and then we were in the air again. She sat up next to me in the front and we talked the whole time. She told me all about her friends and her ex-boyfriend and everything that had gone on since I had last seen her. I did a bit more listening than actually talking, but it was fine, I was used to Zuni doing the same thing.

"Where we going?" she asked me. I rolled out the map I had in my bag. I pointed to a small island in the middle of the ocean we were flying over.

"Whale Tail Island," I told her.

"Why?"

"My grandfather said that it was rumored that she was on an Earth Kingdom island. This is the first one we're going to check out," I informed her.

"Oh," she smiled, "How soon do you think until we get there?"

"I dunno."

A week later, I could tell she was bored. I was too. We stopped each night and made camp. Then we would go to bed. And when we woke, we would get back on Destiny and fly off again.

She usually sat up front with me. One day when it was exceptionally quiet she went to the back of Destiny's saddle. I kept my eyes focused on the route ahead of me.

I called back to her, "It shouldn't be too long now, Kya!"

After five minutes, I didn't hear a response. I shouted again, "Kya?"

I turned around to see that Kya had vanished. I dropped Destiny's reins and stood up. "KYA!?" I had lost her. I started freaking out. I looked over the side of Destiny. Maybe she had fallen off. I didn't see her anywhere in the water.

Suddenly, from behind my back, I heard a giggle. I stood back up and turned around. There she was, flying in loop-de-loops on her glider.

"What was that for?" I asked, out of breath and seeming a bit harsher than I had meant to.

"I got bored," she responded, laughing slightly, "I can't believe you still fall for that. I've done that to you since I was like seven."

Then she flew off in circles. She landed back on Destiny about a half hour later. She folded up her glider and sat back down next to me. She gave me a big hug; she could probably notice how I was still peeved at her "prank".

"Aww, where's your sense of humor, Oroh?" she giggled, putting her skinny arm around me.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess I left it in the Fire Nation."

She giggled again, "There it is! I knew you brought it!"

"I see the island!" I exclaimed.

Kya's expression changed. She looked at me blankly, "You're killing it."

"I'm not kidding!" I pointed straight ahead. There was a large island in the shape of a whale.

"Finally!" she exclaimed.

We landed in one of the forests on the island. I stroked Destiny's long neck and told her that we'd be back in a little while. It was about midday, so it was sweltering on this island. Kya took off her larger robes and was wearing just a sleeveless white shirt and a white skort. I took my robe off as well and wore just long shorts. She carried her staff with her.

We walked into the village. When we reached the center of the small town, we saw some of the army men sitting around a small table. When we passed them, they seemed to whisper amongst themselves and pointed at me.

Irritated, I walked over to them. I kindly asked, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah," one of them grunted. He was fairly obese. "You can get out of here, Fire Prince."

Kya walked up to where I was standing. She seemed as confused as I was. She challenged, "What?"

"Yeah," another one spoke up. He was much thinner and looked like he hadn't shaved in quite a long time. "Minko is right. We don't want none o' your kind here."

"What are you talking about?" I asked them. What was wrong with them?

"Listen, kid," Minko pushed at me, "There are no Fire Nation scum allowed here, so I recommend you get yourself out o' here before we have to remove you."

I just looked at him. Kya could probably tell how angered I had become; she spoke for me, "Oroh is the sweetest guy I've ever met. What's your problem?"

A different one pointed at a burnt statue of some person. He was scary looking and very tall. He growled, "That's our problem. You guys have five seconds to get out of here, or we'll attack."

"Then attack," I shouted at him, very aggitated, "we can take you!"

"Oroh," Kya started, pulling me back a little, but it was too late. I had fire coming out of my hands and the tall one had stood up to face me. I was up to his shoulders, but I wasn't intimidated. The others stood up around him. They were five of them and two of us. I saw Kya out of the corner of my eye. She looked very nervous.

Minko had the first attack. He sent a big rock flying towards me. I wasn't expecting it and it thrust me backwards. When I moved it off of me, I saw Kya had joined the fight. She had moved Minko at least twenty feet away with her airbending. I was amazed. That must have been hard. Minko probably weighed about three hundred pounds.

I realized that I had been sitting and watching when I was hit with another rock, sent by the skinny guy. With fire in my hands, I came at him at full speed. I sent a huge blast of fire at him. Kya was still handling Minko, which left four for me. While the skinny one was down, I sent some fire towards the tall one. It slithered out of my hand like a snake. But it missed, for I was knocked off my feet by one of the other Earthbenders. Kya quickly covered for me by sending a tornado towards two of their men.

"Oroh?" she yelled to me.

"Yeah?" I asked, mid-battle.

"I - I don't think we can take them," she yelled disappointedly.

"Me either," I replied solemnly.

As I was saying that, Kya sunk into the ground. It was me against five of them. But for some reason, that didn't bother me. I was only concerned about one thing: Kya. Suddenly, my rage got the better of me. I was sending fire everywhere. One of the five men fled. It was great, but he was wimpy anyway. He wasn't really impacting the fight either way.

I was doing great until Minko sent some rocks at my hands and feet, sending my flying backwards. I got stuck to the ground. I struggled to get free. I looked up and saw Minko and three others.

Minko was the one who spoke, "If you leave now, we'll return your friend perfectly safe. We didn't want to hurt her. Just you."

"Fine," I hissed at him. He released me and I stood up. I could have attacked him when he was off-guard, but I didn't. I couldn't take all four of them. He took Kya out of the ground and she was coughing and tearing. I ran over to where she was. I hugged her tighter than ever.

"Are you alright?" I asked, still holding her close to myself.

"Yeah. Well, better now," she looked up at me. In the darkest of situations, she somehow managed to make a joke. I helped her stand up, she was still in shock, slightly. I realized that she wasn't going to be walking quickly enough to avoid a fight, so I picked her up. Surprisingly, she weighed almost nothing.

I walked her back to the forest where we found Destiny fighting off some forest animals. I put Kya down for a moment, sent some fire to scare off the animals, picked Kya back up, and put her on the saddle. I hopped on Destiny's back and took off.

I sat in the back with Kya who was now completely back to normal now. She looked up at me.

"I forgot to ask," she whispered, "are you okay, Oroh?"

"Yeah. A few scrapes, but I'm fine."

"What now? We couldn't even take on five Earthbenders. We don't have a chance if we have to face more people. Plus, you didn't get a chance to look for your grandmother at all."

I looked away. I thought about this for a moment. Only one idea came to my mind. I looked back at her.

"Koda."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: