Aug 17, 2017 11:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What Avatar Action Figures/Vehicles are your favorites?
Airbending Aang - 35 (7.2%)
Prince Zuko - 28 (5.8%)
Water Tribe Sokka - 25 (5.2%)
Fire Nation Soldier - 19 (3.9%)
King Bumi - 21 (4.3%)
Avatar Spirit Aang (Blue Figure) - 14 (2.9%)
Spirit World Aang (without white arrow) - 9 (1.9%)
Spirit World Roku - 5 (1%)
Water Nation Aang - 7 (1.4%)
Air Cannon Aang - 8 (1.7%)
Fire Blast Zuko - 11 (2.3%)
Ultimate Avatar Aang (Talking 10 inch) - 13 (2.7%)
Fire Asault Prince Zuko (Talking 10 inch) - 13 (2.7%)
Air Launching Appa - 17 (3.5%)
Roku and Dragon - 15 (3.1%)
Fire Rhino - 9 (1.9%)
Air Glider - 9 (1.9%)
Aang's Battle Staff - 9 (1.9%)
Admiral Zhao - 18 (3.7%)
War Paint Sokka - 18 (3.7%)
Water Vortex Aang - 7 (1.4%)
Battle Damaged Aang - 6 (1.2%)
Battle Damaged Zuko - 8 (1.7%)
Blue Spirit - 25 (5.2%)
Ice Attack Aang - 7 (1.4%)
Airball Aang - 7 (1.4%)
FireBall Zuko - 6 (1.2%)
Roku's Spirt World Dragon - 9 (1.9%)
Spirit World Roku (Blue) - 3 (0.6%)
Aang's Water Bending Blaster - 4 (0.8%)
Kyoshi Showdown Micro Scenes - 9 (1.9%)
Seige of the North Microscenes - 7 (1.4%)
Artic Stealth Zuko - 18 (3.7%)
Jet - 25 (5.2%)
Cosmic Aang (Special Edition Availabe only in DVD) - 14 (2.9%)
Spirit World Aang (in Avatar State) - 11 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Action Figures (everything action figure)  (Read 87421 times)
DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #625 on: Feb 16, 2014 11:14 am »

I definitely had an April action figure as a kid. She was my favorite. Ooh and I had an Ellie toy from Jurassic Park. And Lex, too!

Sorry, just reminiscing. I don't know anything about sales, but I bet Dany is the highest selling GoT figure. I guess now that the second book didn't do quite as well, that probably killed the chances of a Korra action figure set. Unless the other seasons get really popular.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Sword-of-Sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #626 on: Feb 16, 2014 12:00 pm »

^Thankfully it's guys like you that get female characters produced in any quantity at all.  The problem comes in when brand managers are inept at judging the size of the minority that wants those female characters, hence Loopy's example of TF Prime Arcee and the complete dearth of female characters in the AtLA line.  I remember ten years ago going out of my mind to try and find Teela from the Masters of the Universe reboot line, and I'm still waiting for my Transformers G1 Arcee and Elita-1.  Sometimes they're overestimated, too, which is why Marvel Legends Wasp and Psylocke sat on the shelves collecting dust in the clearance aisles for years.  It's a difficult balance not helped at all by little boys who think girl characters are lame or have cooties.  Teach your kids that Wonder Woman and the Pink and Yellow Rangers are just as cool as the guy toys, and we'll have this problem solved in 20 years. Wink

"And just as the imagination is limitless, so too are the possibilities of the sword."

Keeper of one of Piandao's wooden jian, Sokka's set of free swordplay armor, and the jian on sale in AtLA 304

Keeper of Aang's cape (TLoK)
DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #627 on: Feb 16, 2014 12:21 pm »

I'm a gurl tho. x] I've just always loved boyish things.

I guess I just can't help but to look at it from a fan perspective. The concept of being a kid trying to play Avatar without Katara, Toph, and Azula... and Iroh too... That storyline wouldn't make any bloody sense. I feel bad for those kids. That'd be like playing Aliens without Ripley. And I definitely had a Ripley figure. She came with a freaking flamethrower! Badass as hell. Oh and who else was going to pilot the er, what's it called... forklift?

Thanks guys this thread has reminded me that A) I had a freaking awesome toy collection as a kid and b) I had a whole ton of female characters too!

Anyhoo, even if female characters don't sell well as figures, you still gotta scratch your head at the ATLA line. I mean they had like 5 different Rokus and no Iroh? Roku is awesome as hell but other than The Avatar and the Firelord ep, his screentime was like 3 minutes tops.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: