Mar 28, 2017 03:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal ways to watch Avatar  (Read 50138 times)
Habanero Arrow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #150 on: Jul 14, 2010 07:32 am »

Has anyone ever heard of a website called Toonsurfer? It has all episodes of Avatar, (in high quality! Wink) and tons of other shows as well. I'm not really sure if it's legal, but it seems completely safe. Undecided I don't know......anyway, here is a link:

Sorry but this site is illegal. If you watch The Siege of the North part 2 you will notice it has this horribly large ad for a show called "The X's" when Yue dies and kisses Sokka. This ad was only shown when the episode first aired on TV. The video is a recording of the original airing which was then illegally put up on the site you linked to.

You will also notice that the Nick water mark is in a different location for episodes 306 to 309. This is because those episode originally aired in the UK and not in America. Actually any video of Avatar you see on the internet with the Nickelodeon watermark still on it is most likely illegal.

Sorry about that, I didn't know.  Embarrassed Thanks for snipping, SMBH.

catstop
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of the decedents of the Air Nomad survivors

« Reply #151 on: Jul 15, 2010 03:39 pm »

I really don't know if it's legal but I go to ~snip~ and watch it from of their links. I know for sure that there is some illegal stuff on Megavideo - I don't know if this is - and it's annoying beause if you don't pay to use it they time you out every 72 minuets and make you wait another 54 before being able to watch again. One of the webstites on Blinkx's though is NarutoWire and it's an AWESOME one. It plays a few adds but the videos are very high quality and rarley buffer. No time limits either. You can go from one episode to the next in the scroll bar but you do have to back to Blinkx to get to the next season. I was just watching EP. 15 book 1 - where they run into Bato and this is it's link. ~snip~
I'm not sure if someone has posted this before or if these are legal but since there is a bunch of ads I'm guessing that's how they pay for streaming costs. And on some of the videos they play all Nickelodeon ads so it might be Nickelodeon owned/liceneced. I've used ~snip~ for almost a year now and have never had any virus problems.

Do not post illegal links!
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 03:58 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Pairings supported: On Ji x Aang - Katara x Jet - Sokka x Suki - Toph x Tenzik (FN OC from "The Headband") - Appa x Nyla - Momo x Hawky - Zuko x Mai - Ty Lee x Haru - Azula x Chach
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #152 on: Jul 15, 2010 07:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure those are illegal.

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
GeorgiaFireLady
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #153 on: Jul 25, 2010 02:50 pm »

OMG! this is so unfair! it wont let me watch it! just coz im not in the united states, damn me and my englishness! grrr  Cry
earth_nik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #154 on: Jul 27, 2010 02:56 am »

just thinking here , is ther a way how to watch avatar in HD ? lega─╝ sites usualy dont work for me because i live in north europe . . . 
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #155 on: Jul 27, 2010 03:13 am »

Avatar wasn't in HD, so no, there's no way to watch in HD.

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
demonavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

air and firebender

« Reply #156 on: Jul 30, 2010 07:41 pm »

One way is to just watch it on nicktoons

Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #157 on: Aug 02, 2010 12:08 am »

^ I think it's pretty much covered on the first page Tongue

You could always use NetFlix, people! Really cheap, and they have all 3 seasons + Sozin's Comet. 
Awntu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

But...why is the tea always gone?

« Reply #158 on: Aug 08, 2010 01:24 am »

I was trying to re-watch The Boy in the Iceberg a few days ago. The link to nick is clip only. It's only about 7 minutes long.

Keeper of Iroh's creepy expression(otherwise known as Creepiroh)
  Play the Creepiroh game!
maddyjewel511
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #159 on: Aug 08, 2010 01:48 pm »

Thanks for posting this! It's a pain having to go through all the episodes on the website until there is a link for the one I want.
And I hate having to use illegal sites, so this helps a lot!

"What position does Zuko sleep in?"
*3 months later after carefully studying every episode Zuko sleeps in*
"AHA THAT'S IT! I have concluded that Prince Zuko has no preference in sleeping positions. He lays on his Left & Right side as well as his Back."

Madison & Jasmine- Avatar Friends Forever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #160 on: Aug 27, 2010 06:15 pm »

This series is amazing and THANK YOU!
TophFanBooi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of: Tophs evil smile from The Runaway.

« Reply #161 on: Aug 29, 2010 07:56 am »

I don't think it's illegal, or well, i bet it's not. I watched all the episodes on ~snip~, just google ~snip~ and it should appear. One slim problem tho, when you've watched 72 minutes, you have to wait another 54 to do it again. But the webpage is great, and almost 100% advertisement free.

It is illegal. Official Nick sites will not have a time limit on how much you can watch and make you wait to watch another again. If you're unsure, PM a mod first. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2010 09:00 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Haha! Celebrating my 100'th post! Cheesy Party at my house guys!
Yay, celebrating my first 24 hours here on AvatarSpirit! Cheesy
Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #162 on: Aug 29, 2010 03:37 pm »

That is illegal. Somebody uploads it. That website is NOT supported by Nickelodeon in any way. If you'd have any love for the series, you'd actually support them and buy the episodes instead of supporting to a show's bankruptcy and downfall.
Metro
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #163 on: Aug 29, 2010 04:02 pm »

With the exception of buying the DVDs, the only legal way I know of watching ATLA (and no, I don't visit Nick.com) is through Netflix.

As of right now, all three seasons are available to watch instantly if you have a Netflix account. Assuming you have any of the following devices, you can stream all the episodes to either your computer, PS3, XBOX 360, Wii or Roku player.

Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #164 on: Sep 10, 2010 07:53 am »

like...Avatar Roku player, or Netflix Roku Player? Smiley
toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #165 on: Sep 29, 2010 09:20 pm »

I watched the trailer on Netflix and it it just me or did they pronounce Sokka's name wrong?

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Panda Of The Navi Panda Water Bending Elves!

« Reply #166 on: Jan 05, 2011 02:19 am »

buy it. thats legal. people put hard work into making that. buying it gives them more money to release the next one.

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #167 on: Jan 05, 2011 07:12 pm »

Uh, dude, you do realize that the legal services that show Avatar, like Netflix, are giving money to Nick and the creative staff, right?

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #168 on: Jan 05, 2011 11:33 pm »

I didn't know that. but I do now thanks  Smiley but I have a feeling you ment that in a agressive way so if I have offended you in anyway.  I'm sorry. how good qulity is it?

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #169 on: Jan 06, 2011 06:14 pm »

Oh, I wasn't offended, just a bit taken aback and unsure if you were joking.

Anyway, I've never tried Netflix, but I hear that the quality is DVD caliber. Actually, considering the poor quality of the Season 1 DVD's compared even to the broadcast version, it might even be superior.

If TurboNick still has them, I recall the quality being variable. Granted, in that case, because you're watching the episodes on Nick's website itself, Nick isn't actually getting money for the views, but that's their choice.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #170 on: Jan 06, 2011 07:32 pm »

KingOfThePandas, all the links and suggestions in this thread are legal. If it's illegal, we would not allow them to be published in this thread anyway.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #171 on: Jan 06, 2011 09:58 pm »

ok cool. I'm glad I didn't offend you. sounds good I might have to have a look at this site. thanks

-River Song, Dr who
ddwcmp555
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2011 10:34 pm »

It pains me to say that they are taking Avatar off Netflix streaming!

Says that it ends 5/22/11!

Looks like I have to buy the books.

In all the world, the name Ender is one to conjure with. The Child god, the miracle worker, with life and death in his hands. Every petty tyrant-to-be would like to have the boy, to set him in front of an army and watch the world either flock to join or cower in fear.
-Col Graff
LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2011 12:34 am »

^Uh...where are you reading that?

I'm on Netflix right now and I don't see anywhere that they're taking Avatar off.

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
ddwcmp555
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2011 10:10 pm »

^Uh...where are you reading that?

I'm on Netflix right now and I don't see anywhere that they're taking Avatar off.
I'll double check, but I think you have to be at a certain menu.

I sure hope its not for certain regions or something. :/

In all the world, the name Ender is one to conjure with. The Child god, the miracle worker, with life and death in his hands. Every petty tyrant-to-be would like to have the boy, to set him in front of an army and watch the world either flock to join or cower in fear.
-Col Graff
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: