Apr 18, 2014 08:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Multiplayer Online Game - Legends of the Arena  (Read 83333 times)
heavyccasey
Professional Penguin Sledder

Obvious supporter of Kataang!

« on: Jul 23, 2008 12:20 am »

I know there's little evidence to back this up, but hear me out:

If you follow this link to TurboNick, you will see an awesome video of the game!

Avatar: Legends of the Arena 3D Multiplayer
Build your own character and test your bending skills online... coming 9/15!

Your thoughts? It would be cool to have a massive multiplayer game for Avatar.

[There's a thread discussing a possible Avatar MMORPG.]
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008 03:16 pm by heavyccasey » Logged

Kataang Site Here! Join please!

Keeper of Katara's Oasis Water, Aang's cute little blush, and Kataang's Ship.
ASN Management

« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008 08:06 pm »

It may  be referring to this:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/moxie13/AvatarConsumer.jpg

If you look at the goodies that Nick is promising for the Avatar brand, you will notice a Global Gaming event. Since the first one mentioned seems to tie in with the release of Into the Inferno, I am guessing this special event is to help promote that new release. I am not sure what type of gaming event it will be though ^_^

ziem83

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008 09:04 pm »

In the Consumer Products table on that marketing page what does it mean by "All Channels" and "Specialty"?

Keeper of Sokka's Lost Weaponry.
sots

Don't mind lil' ol' me...

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2008 02:49 pm »

When I click that link, I actually get a video of the game instead of this sozin's comet clip you're talking about. The game looks pretty damn sweet.
heavyccasey

Obvious supporter of Kataang!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2008 03:20 pm »

Oh wow, it looks amazing! I hope it's free o_o

*edits first post*

Kataang Site Here! Join please!

Keeper of Katara's Oasis Water, Aang's cute little blush, and Kataang's Ship.
Ooze33

Put out the flame.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2008 03:28 pm »

Wow, that looks pretty awesome though I'm still waiting for a Playstation 3/Xbox 360 Avatar game.

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
~EPIC Korra Fan Trailer!!!~
Paradox
Banned Member

Insane in the Brain

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2008 02:23 am »

Tho the combat looks pretty bad, the aiming of the bending looks terrible imo, the whole game looks bad, too bad ill play it anyway Sad next to gears of war 2 and halo 3

otaku_ben

o_l_me_l_o
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2008 06:24 pm »

I agree, the game looks pretty terrible. The concept is good but they need it to be much more open when it comes to the world. This seems more of a fighting game rather than a rpg game.

Keeper of:
Aang's Onion and Banana Juice
Iroh's White Jade Tea
Bumi's Mad Genius
Toph's Blind Bandit Persona
TheBoomerangMaster

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2008 06:41 am »

I'm a little bit disappointed in the demo...i figured the game would be runescape/WoW style...but from the demo video it doesnt seem to be. Oh well, we'll see when the game releases

Keeper of...Sokka's joke cards, Aang's new robes,
Sokkas Finale Painting, and Tophs Iron Suit !
Paradox
Banned Member

Insane in the Brain

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2008 09:38 am »

Lol whatever, its still avatar, ill still get it, and destroy all you kids at it Smiley

otaku_ben

o_l_me_l_o
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2008 09:52 am »

I Ain't no kid O_o

And I'll destroy you >_>

Yes I will waste time and money on this game eventhough it will most likely suck. Heck it's avatar.

Keeper of:
Aang's Onion and Banana Juice
Iroh's White Jade Tea
Bumi's Mad Genius
Toph's Blind Bandit Persona
GoldenSage

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2008 10:08 am »

...If it's free, I suppose I could play it.  ...Just for creating an avatar of myself that can Firebend. XD

...But the footage I saw made my eyes hurt.   The camera!

*sings the Secret Tunnel song*
Psycho Silver

Icon and Sig by LeonsKennedy4815

« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2008 06:09 pm »

This looks like the kind of online multiplayer RPG I won't get bored with easily, like most other MMORPGs. The real time combat instead of turn based stuff is a big draw for me. The first person shooter style controls seems like a strange choice for an Avatar based game though. I was expecting something more like the console games. Still, I'm looking forward to this. I wonder just how combat heavy it will be. I'd to be able to explore the Avatar world in the game.

cpt_data

waterwriter144's #1 fanboy! :) *thumb-fumble*

« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2008 07:17 pm »

Hmmm. Turbonick hates me. Just a blank page. With BOTH of my browsers (IE and Firefox)

I'd like to see that video 'bout that MMOG.

Forever Avatard!Kataanger!
Fanfic: The first Airbender [10/26/08] --> UPDATE <--

Sig & Av by Doomsday
Zamuel

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2008 07:23 pm »

While it looks really rough around the edges, it has potential.  I'm a bit more interested in story expansion and character creation.  That said, I hope some time post beta they add skin tone modification.  That works in both directions since a lot of Fire Nation royals are rather pale while the Water Tribe is a bit mocha toned and random people like the Guru are even darker.  Likewise, I hope we get to create non-benders like Sokka since so far it seems like it will be benders only.

Keeper of the Avatarverse's melanin
Keeper of the Water Tribe's nappy hair
Keeper of the Fire Nation's gender equality
Anshinritsumai

Azula's Boyfriend

« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2008 10:57 pm »

It certainly looks like it will be fun to play, going to have to represent the Fire Nation ^^.

From what I've seen though, I really hope that they expand on the character customization, at the moment it seems rather dull and doesn't have many options, so clones will be inevitable.

The one thing that really bothers me, is that people are going to get the wrong preconceived notion that this is a MMO, when it isnt.... It seems to be an online action game rather than an actual MMORPG with a persistent world that constantly changes and has thousands of players on a single server. At most, we see 4 players in a single arena, which sparks Online Action game rather than MMO; or a Guild Wars styled Online RPG that uses instances for each arena...

Beatlesfan94

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2008 12:09 am »

I'd like to see how this turns out. I'm guessing that Katara, Aang, Toph and Zuko won't be in the final game because it's a prequel (and I've heard they're just there to demonstrate the game). Looks like an interesting concept, but I hope this will be a decent game that I can play frequently. I'll also have to check out the new console game, Into The Inferno. Wink Now what am I going to be... a Firebender or an Earthbender?
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2008 12:11 am by Beatlesfan94 » Logged

I'm the almighty keeper of Bumi's hilariously lame Kangaroo Island joke from "The King of Omashu"
PhantasyElementz

« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2008 01:42 am »

I saw the video, and I'm kind of disappointed now.  I was expecting an MMORPG... like, WoW style.  You know, the whole Avatar world to explore.  Sky bison and dragons and whatnot as mounts.  Different professions, massive scope, etc.  Admittedly, that's expecting a lot, especially out of Nick (who doesn't have the best game-making record).  I mean, it looks basically like an FPS right now.  All we'll get to see of the Avatar world is some arenas?

Anyway.  I'm assuming these aren't anywhere near the finished graphics.  Undecided

Classic Book Summaries By Phantasy!

The Scarlett Letter - *angst* *shame* *romance* *shame* *angst*

The Catcher in the Rye - *angst* *angst* *angst* phonies *angst*

Hamlet - *AAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGSSSSSSSTT* *dead*
Akira Takahashi

« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2008 12:11 pm »

At the very least, they could make this Guild Wars style, which sports both a role-playing world and a PvP feature.  That's it, I'm going to have to make a game.  It's going to have an expansive world to explore!  You should also fight random Fire Nation Soldiers instead of monsters, because Avatar doesn't have that many...

This'll be difficult.  I've made games before - mostly text adventures and SNES style RPGs - I should probably work on making a regular 3D before starting on an online game.  This will be very, very challenging.

*grabs notebook and pen*
coinmanmat

« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2008 12:23 pm »

Well im looking forward to this game, i just hope its free and you wont have to buy it like you have to with the bobble heads game

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon

« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2008 12:46 pm »

I'm a little bit disappointed in the demo...i figured the game would be runescape/WoW style...but from the demo video it doesnt seem to be. Oh well, we'll see when the game releases

I hope this isn't the official MMO Because I was really disapointed when watching the gameplay.
It looks too much of an arena game. I hope they make a different MMORPG and they should
really sell the gaming rights to blizzard or cryptic studios. It would be too awesome.
coinmanmat

« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2008 01:25 pm »

I didn't really care for the demo because it didn't have any sound and @AvatarJay- Jay it is an Arena game hince the game's name, it looks like it will be similar to that battle arena mode that was on the last avatar game, burning earth. It looks both promising and disappointing at the same time. Promising because just for the fact Nickelodeon has some interest in keeping avatar alive but disappointing because this is the best they could do, personally i think they should have revived the idea for those 3 60 minute TV movies

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
Cole9003

Sig by Brushbender.

« Reply #22 on: Aug 03, 2008 04:30 pm »

If it is a arena game I will be very sad heh. But look on the bright side it might not be an arena game even though the name is Legend of the Arena it could still be a RPG the name Guild Wars sounds like an arena game but its not.

ansabhailte

« Reply #23 on: Sep 04, 2008 11:44 pm »

No, this video is just a video of the battle sequence. The game is called Legends of the Arena, and this is just that one aspect of it. The fighting seems pretty cool; at least it kicks the crap out of runescape (n00b game). Im looking forward to creating my own airbender, and traversing the pre-war Avatar world. This game's gonna be awesome...
Tails

« Reply #24 on: Sep 13, 2008 05:37 pm »

Is the vid supposed to have sound? Well It doesn't for me.
Anyway, I've never played a MMORPG before, so I won't be able to compare it to anything.
I just hope there will be an adventure mode, and tons of new locations that wern't in the show.

iKeep Ty Lee's Voice, Chopsticks, Beach bag, and cushion from 305
iShip Ty Lokka, and Zutara
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: