May 29, 2017 06:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other T.V Show Character's That Resemble Avatar's  (Read 17845 times)
Sarcastic Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Aug 09, 2008 10:51 am »

Hmmm... Midna from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess reminds me of Toph a little bit. Maybe because they're both short, pretty powerful, and like to tease their friends.

Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter reminds me a little of Fire Lord/Pheonix King Ozai, because they both want to create a new world with only the purest on top (firebenders and wizards).

Darth Vader from Star Wars kind of reminds me of Zuko and Azula in a way. Zuko because they both trade sides one or more times, and they are both confused about their loyalties, no matter how good their mentor was (Obi-wan and Iroh). Azula because they both serve a mysterious person who's seen in the shadows, and they serve as the main villain until we see their superiors. (Actually, that could apply to Zuko as well...)

Sokka and Beastboy from Teen Titans (who needed to know that?) are similar... if only for the fact that they tell bad jokes alot. Though, that's probably the only thing they have in common, since Beastboy is vegetarian... and Sokka is a meat eater. (Bad comparison probably...)

Kakashi Hatake from Naruto and Piandao(sp?) are similar in that they both have unique training methods, attacking and making their students fight them to see how adept they are.

And I'm sure someone has caught the similarities between Avatar Roku, Gandalf (LOTR), Dumbledore (Harry Potter), Iroh (yeah I know, but they all act similar), Obi-wan Kenobi (Star Wars), the Third Hokage (Naruto), and many others. Wise old men who guide the heroes until they die or split from their path, or they aren't needed.

I am an ASN PRIMORDIAL TITAN!
wildimagination
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Air is pure.

« Reply #26 on: Aug 10, 2008 03:18 pm »

Ty Lee and Alice Cullen from the Twilight series have the same personality. They're both hyper.

The Volturi from the Twilight series and the FN royal family are both evil, corrupted, and dysfunctional.

Jake from the Twilight series is similiar to Sokka (or maybe Emmett).

Do YOU have a YouTube account or visit YouTube frequently?

Are YOU getting tired of YouTube deleting our AMVs and our accounts?

Then sign this petition RIGHT HERE to help us (And YOU!):

http://www.petitiononline.com/yo
Manaic742
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Aug 10, 2008 03:20 pm »

^ characteristically wise, they're pretty similar.

Does anyone know of a non-killer hero like Aang?

Batman came to mind, but I don't know anymore.

Kenshin himura from the anime Rurouni Kenshin is also a nonkiller hero.

Drawing parallels between non-killers is too ambiguous.  We never see anyone die on screen and rarely see it even off screen in the avatar series.  Hell, we never even saw any evidence that Azula had taken life.  She always had murder in her eyes, but we never got solid evidence that she'd killed anyone.

A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves... or find themselves lacking.  - Kreia
Obsessive0514
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Aug 11, 2008 11:20 pm »

Anyways, Katara has always reminded me of Carla from Scrubs.  They act pretty similar.  Both motherly, and bad a telling jokes, and they both have the "Don't mess with me" attitude.
Yes! I'm not the only one! Not to mention, You're a nurse, your mother's dead, and wait...I got it. Three sisters!
(Turk!) Two sisters?
Well I'm sure you have a brother who's a huge jerk off.
The similarities between them has led me to think of all sorts of Scrubs/Avatar parallels. Like Zuko and Dr. Cox, Azula and Jordan (c'mon, they're both psychotic.)

I've also been a fan of the Azula/Joker comparisons long before The Dark Knight and Sozin's Comet. Seriously. Also, Jet=the GoddamnBatman. (My parents are DEEAAAAAAD!!!)

Um... Hm... I know I've got more. Like, a lot more. And for the OP who mentioned iCarly, yeah, definately Toph=Same. But also I think the four main characters fit the whole Gaang (minus Zuko and Suki). Carly=Katara, Freddie=Aang, and Spencer=Sokka.

That's strangely all I can think of right now.

*EDIT* DUH! Elle from Heroes! She reminds me a lot of Azula. Especially that line that went something like "They said I was sociopathic with paranoid delusions. But they were just out to get me because I tried to kill them."
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008 11:53 pm by Obsessive0514 » Logged

Keeper of: The crack pairing Ty Laang and The Joo Dee Collective
yinyangcake
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Aug 12, 2008 11:47 pm »

Sokka reminds me of "iCarly"'s Spencer.  They're both kooky, funny, and are clever in their own way, plus they are always thinking in a creative perspective and trying new things.
And they both crack me up.

Kyo from "Fruits basket" reminds me of Bk 1 Zuko when they get angry.  They just take it out on anyone.  And they try so hard to beat the only one who stands in their way of getting something they want.  And then they fail.  Miserably.
Plus, them and their enemy are always being paired with the same girl (Katara and Tohru) in battles of the ships.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

So basically Aang is the greatest Avatar EVER!!!

« Reply #30 on: Aug 12, 2008 11:50 pm »

Zuko's voice reminds me of Jake's voice from American Dragon.LOL Grin

Sig By: Flame_Fall        Icon By: Flame_Fall
Keeper of Master Swordsmen MOMO and APPA
yinyangcake
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Aug 12, 2008 11:52 pm »

Really?  'Cause it reminds me more of Spud's... Wink
Obsessive0514
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Aug 13, 2008 01:57 am »

Jake is voiced by Dante Basco (Zuko), though.

If this hasn't been said yet, Esmeralda from HoND (Disney, at least) reminds me of Katara. They both have a strong sense of justice, and are willing to fight for it.

yinyangcake
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13, 2008 08:24 pm »

Official A.t.l.a. art - from http://www.musogato.com/avatar/index2.html

I know, I was kidding.
Obsessive0514
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13, 2008 10:18 pm »

Official A.t.l.a. art - from http://www.musogato.com/avatar/index2.html

I know, I was kidding.
I was beginning to wonder, with the smiley and all... CURSE YOU INTERNET AND YOU INABILITY TO DISPLAY SARCASM.

Oh, Iroh? Totally Jean Valjean from Les Miserables. And Ursa is most certainly Fantine. Javert shares some similarities with both Season One Zuko and Zhao. Back in the early days of Avatar, whenever I forgot Zhao's name, I would accidentally start to say Javert.

devilisme
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Aug 13, 2008 11:52 pm »

Naruto is definetly like avatar
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2008 11:54 pm by devilisme » Logged

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary
waterbender Rika
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009 11:32 am »

Those Swamp guys (I can't remember their names) http://iroh.org/screencaps/ep24/ep24-152.png

And Pintel and Ragetti (in PotC) http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/622~Pintel-and-Ragetti-Posters.jpg

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009 12:29 pm »

^Hahah, I see it. Cheesy They're both.. Hillbilly-ish?

I think Yue and Julie(From Bakugan) look alike in a way. They both have light hair, expressive eyes, and a similar skin tone.

wei is bae
jsheth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Till All Are One!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009 01:05 pm »

Light Yagami looks a lot like Zuko

credit to arasam22for the sig
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009 05:07 pm »

^Light never stroke me as any similar to Zuko, in neither looks, smarts, nor evilness... to his sis on the other hand...

Kenshin himura from the anime Rurouni Kenshin is also a nonkiller hero.

Drawing parallels between non-killers is too ambiguous. 

Perhaps, but that, added with the gentle nature and truly great heart and amazing strength to carry out one's responsibility makes Kenzo Tenma from "Monster" similar to Aang. Actually, he's even better then Aang. He didn't just spare the main villain's life, he saved his when he could have let him die.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
JSensui
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009 09:29 pm »

This was probably mentioned a ton of times before, but I thought Aang looked strangely similar to Naota from FLCL in the episode Daydreams and Nightmares (That episode specifically)
Kyatto
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need you to let me touch it.

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009 09:40 pm »

This was probably mentioned a ton of times before, but I thought Aang looked strangely similar to Naota from FLCL in the episode Daydreams and Nightmares (That episode specifically)

FLCL was a big source of inspiration for Avatar, so I'm not too surprised with that one. Most of the pre-production people were told to watch it.

Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl and Jet would get along swimmingly.

Iscah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009 06:08 am »

Zuko seems kind of like Anikan/Darth Vader, but he went from good (childhood) to bad (banishment period) to good (Ba Sing Se tea vendor) to bad (Betrayal of Iroh) to good (teaming up with the Gaang) in like one year, whereas Anikan did his journey in like 60 years or something...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/RocketJess/StarWarscomparison-byTobuIshi.jpg
(couldn't find the proper link on her dA account...)

Kenshin Himura from the anime Rurouni Kenshin is also a nonkiller hero.
Also Vash from Trigun.

Azula reminds me of Kimbley from Fullmetal Alchemist - the manga version specifically; they're both outwardly calm, scheming villains that are totally insane inside. And, incidentally, they're both the main antagonist to the scarred antihero from their respective canons...

Alternately, (spoilers for the end of the first anime) Azula as Envy... psycho all through and finally cracked at the end, had a twisted childhood and deep-buried abandonment issues that still don't really excuse their current sadisticness, attempted to kill their brother (Zuko/Ed) at the climax and very very nearly succeeded...
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009 07:06 am »

^Kimbley reminded me of Ozai, he was a much cooler version though but also a world burning maniac though.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Non-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Luke Skywalker's common sense

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009 12:20 pm »

Naraku from Inuyasha and Chicken-Bird King Ozai

Because they were both the lamest villains in the history of ever.

ultima_bender_7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by Fire_Princess

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009 07:02 pm »

Mai reminds me a lot of Presea from Tales of Symphonia. Both are very taciturn at various points and they both kick ass.

Katara is a lot like Tohru from Fruits Basket. They're both Mary Sueish.

Crazula equals Beyond Birthday from Death Note. Nuff said.

Suki's alot like Sango from Inuyasha. They've opposed the main characters at least one in each of their respective series and they both have similar professions (demon slayer, ninja/assassin)

Sig by crazy4purple23

To "yopp" is to break the cloud barrier.
Moo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009 07:34 am »

Haru is pretty much the spitting image of Haku from Naruto.

Except for the mustache.
 Grin
http://songst3r.deviantart.com/art/NARUTAR-HAKU-HARU-is-BFFs-92218185

Also, chocobos from the final fantasy games have always reminded me of ostrich horses.  :-/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 05:47 pm by Moo » Logged
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009 08:04 am »

Zuko reminds me of Ike from Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Fire Emblem.

Just play the games, then you'll see.

"I fight for my friends."

Nah. Ike is not similar to Zuko, in any way except using a sword. He's a lot more like Katara, shoving his opinion in other people's faces and expecting them to agree with it, he is self-righteous. And just like Katara, nobody ever calls him on it(well, except Empress Sanaki, who then proceeds to let him continue like that).
Oh, and they both like younger looking men(Soren is older than Ike, but looks like he's 5 years younger, or more). Tongue

The only real difference between Katara and Ike is that he's a big, muscular guy(at least in his latest game) who beats things over thae head with axes and swords, and she's a rather delicate girl who controls water.

Also, Jade Chan is very similar to Azula, lookwise. Bad picture, she usually looks a lot more alike.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 08:14 am by RWB » Logged

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009 10:39 am »

One of the female espada working under Halibel (Bleach) looks a lot like a grown up Katara

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jun 22, 2009 05:32 pm »

Jet is like Peter Pan if he aged four years and became a bad boy. I mean come on. Peter pan lives with lost boys in club houses just like Jet. They both even sword fight.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: