Aug 21, 2017 03:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other T.V Show Character's That Resemble Avatar's  (Read 18531 times)
bLaZe412
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 21, 2008 02:39 pm »

Okay, I've wanted to know what characters from any TV show remind you of a specific character from Avatar.
For example, the old Nick show "Rocket Power", had a character named Tito. He reminds me of Iroh in terms of wisdom, and physical attributes. Or another character can be Sam from "iCarly". She reminds me alot of Toph, because of her tough attitude.
So anyone have any characters from any show that resemble Avatar? Feel free to expand to other Network Channels. Smiley
Lionpaws
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

lionpaws@live.com
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2008 02:55 pm »

There's a guy called Bataca from a mexican soap opera called Lola Erase Una Vez (Lola Once Upon A Time) that reminds me of Sokka a lot.

~By Eleanora from DA.
Kataang is cute, but Zutara's got the FIRE!
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2008 03:00 pm »

I posted this in another thread, but Goku from DBZ reminds me of Aang. Because he let Frieza live, and he's always strong willed and care free.
FireLordIroh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The True Fire Lord will rise up!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2008 03:06 pm »

^But Goku has hair.  Lots and lots of hair.

modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2008 09:44 pm »

^ characteristically wise, they're pretty similar.

Does anyone know of a non-killer hero like Aang?

Batman came to mind, but I don't know anymore.
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2008 09:55 pm »

oh yeah, and aang has lots of hair too, lol

1st chair sungi hornist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2008 10:50 pm »

I posted this in another thread, but Goku from DBZ reminds me of Aang. Because he let Frieza live, and he's always strong willed and care free.

If you ever watch Dragon Ball (not Dragon Ball Z) when Goku was a kid he's pretty much Aang with hair and a tail. 
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2008 11:09 pm »

Toph kinda reminds me of naruto

MY slogans!!
Bigger. Better. wtf
you touch my tr lala - forget the rest
It's time to think about Appa babies
Taang, Impossible is nothing.
Made with sloganiser
Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2008 11:33 pm »

I posted this in another thread, but Goku from DBZ reminds me of Aang.

I don't know... but looking at Ozai blast away all of the ground beneath him seriously reminded me of Goku more than Aang does. KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
beast93boy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2008 11:33 pm »

Beastboy reminds me of Sokka a bit, and Raven reminds me a little bit of Toph.

Zuko seems kind of like Anikan/Darth Vader, but he went from good (childhood) to bad (banishment period) to good (Ba Sing Se tea vendor) to bad (Betrayal of Iroh) to good (teaming up with the Gaang) in like one year, whereas Anikan did his journey in like 60 years or something...

"The worth of victory is the sum of the risk and the sacrifice."
saneman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Distinguished Kazakh Journalist

« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2008 05:32 am »

Juna Ariyoshi in Earth Maiden Arjuna has always reminded of Aang. Or the other ways, since I watched Arjuna first (one thing I note is that Juna does make certain sacrifices that Aang was fortunate to avoid). Another shade of Aang can be seen in Kino no Tabi's signature traveler, Kino. Aang in season 1 at times reminded me of Shinji Ikari (before his breakdown anyways) and Kaworu Nagisa in Neon Genesis Evangelion. More positively Aang reminds me of Takato Matsuda in Digimon Tamers, especially in Season 2.

Some of Katara's portrayal in Season 3 reminded me of Rear Admiral Helena Cain* and Major Kedra Shaw in Battlestar Galatica: Razor (really the entirely of nBSG's Pegasus act, where Adm. Cain appeared). Reasons that are completely unknown to me, one of my close friend believes that Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier reminds her of Katara in earlier seasons.

I know no one who is like Sokka, but Haruhara Haruko from FLCL comes close.

Toph reminded of Ruki Makino in Digimon Tamers, only taken to extreme and given more self awareness. Shade of Toph seems evident in Transformers Animated's Bulkhead.

Zuko has many counterparts.

I often wondered if R. Dorothy Wayneright from Big O would have acted if she was in Mai's place. She might have laughed out loud.

In same Vein, Altena from Noir is Azula if she was 15 years older and has pretensions of nutcase philosophy. Also Azula reminded me of Caesar Gaius (Caligula) in BBC's I, Claudius.

Ty Lee and Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV from Cowboy Bebop would have gotten along splendidly well. So should Noa Izumi from Patlabor.

Iroh reminded me of Daisuke Aramaki from Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (not the Stand-Alone Complex of TV shows).

*Cain's rank as RADM was noted in DVD cut of Pegasus. So was the fact that she was promoted ahead of her merit.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008 05:33 am by saneman » Logged

Can I say first, we support your war of terror! May we show our support to our boys in Iraq. May US and A kill every single terrorist. May your George Bush drink the blood of every single man, woman and child!
-Borat Sagdiyev, Eminent Kazakh journalist
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2008 06:00 am »

Toph kinda reminds me of naruto

*arches brow sceptically*

You wanna tell me how?

I can't watch Naruto because of, well, Naruto...I find him nothing but annoying.  But I like Toph...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Yoyoenix91
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2008 06:24 am »

Top reminds me of Hinata from Naruto, in her looks, but personality wise, she is the exact opposite.

Fan art example time!

http://aeolus06.deviantart.com/art/Halloween-Jam-Toph-and-Hinata-67488626
http://freddychick.deviantart.com/art/Toph-HINATA-STYLE-45584016
http://freddychick.deviantart.com/art/Toph-46913075
Dark Nemesis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2008 06:36 am »

Zuko reminds me of Ike from Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Fire Emblem.

Just play the games, then you'll see.

"I fight for my friends."

Thanks to Aurora for this one.
Keeper of Zuko's "FINE!" and FL Ozai's Fall.
Pact of the Avatards.
1st chair sungi hornist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 24, 2008 07:50 am »

I just saw a few scenes from the movie "Addams Family Values" at my friends house and Wednesday (played by Christina Ricci) is totally like Azula....I think she even said "burn them to the ground" in one scene
Zanarky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2008 01:58 pm »

The other day my friend and I were watching Gilmore Girls. There's one minor character named Paris, and I literally jumped out of my skin when I heard her speak.

She sounds almost exactly like Azula.
Anyone who has watched Gilmore Girls might know what I'm talking about.

And their mindsets are very similar. Paris is an egotistical overachiever who only settles for the best and has dreams to get into Harvard University.
On top of that, she's a real b*tch. She could probably kill someone if she got the chance.
Just like Azula.

Sig made by teh lovely Brush Bender. Cheesy
just_me_33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A kiss with a fist is better than none.

« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2008 02:37 pm »

I posted this in another thread, but Goku from DBZ reminds me of Aang.

I don't know... but looking at Ozai blast away all of the ground beneath him seriously reminded me of Goku more than Aang does. KAMEHAMEHA!!!

^Haha.  During that scene my friend next to me said KAMEHAMEHA or whatever it is and I was like, "What they hey?" and he told me that part was like DBZ (The Ozai part, not Aang)

Anyways, Katara has always reminded me of Carla from Scrubs.  They act pretty similar.  Both motherly, and bad a telling jokes, and they both have the "Don't mess with me" attitude.

Keeper of Jerkbending and the schoolboy's reaction to Aang's mad dance skills.
yinyangcake
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Aug 08, 2008 04:32 pm »

Toru Honda from "Fruits Basket" reminds me of Katara.  As does Kairi (Kingdom Hearts).
And the Blade Children ("Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning") reminds me of Azula, especially Rio.
Iggy from "Maximum Ride" is like Toph, NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE BLIND, but because they're the sarcastic ones with pathetic parents. 
gyrfalcon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Aug 08, 2008 05:45 pm »

Toru Honda from "Fruits Basket" reminds me of Katara.  As does Kairi (Kingdom Hearts).
And the Blade Children ("Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning") reminds me of Azula, especially Rio.
Iggy from "Maximum Ride" is like Toph, NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE BLIND, but because they're the sarcastic ones with pathetic parents. 
Even though they both are blind. Smiley And they both kick ass. Oh, and they both have enhanced senses.

sig by schellibie <3 AtLA <3 FMA <3
zukofangirl2006
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I ship Wall-Eve :D

« Reply #19 on: Aug 08, 2008 06:44 pm »

Riku from Kingdom Hearts reminds me of Zuko.  A lot.  On top of the fact that they're the not-quite-lead characters in their series and both have many fangirls including me, they both have the confusion, redemption, etc. thing going on, though not in the same way.  Also, something we only saw in Zuko once (but started my comparison of them, just because the lines were similar) was when Zuko said "This city is a prison.  I don't want to make a life here."  I thought of Riku, cause he's bored of the islands and Ansem says (accurately) that "To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison surrounded by water."

OMG Destiny Islands=Boiling Rock *totally random*
Dole_Crowner
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2008 09:04 pm »

I know no one who is like Sokka, but Haruhara Haruko from FLCL comes close.

I agree with many of your parallels, but this one is leaving me scratching my head. Though, I'm also of the minority opinion that Haruko was the villain of FLCL, and one of the most evil villains in recent memory.
Manaic742
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2008 09:26 pm »

Riku from Kingdom Hearts reminds me of Zuko.  A lot.  On top of the fact that they're the not-quite-lead characters in their series and both have many fangirls including me, they both have the confusion, redemption, etc. thing going on, though not in the same way.  Also, something we only saw in Zuko once (but started my comparison of them, just because the lines were similar) was when Zuko said "This city is a prison.  I don't want to make a life here."  I thought of Riku, cause he's bored of the islands and Ansem says (accurately) that "To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison surrounded by water."

OMG Destiny Islands=Boiling Rock *totally random*

Best parallel I've seen so far.

A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves... or find themselves lacking.  - Kreia
Momin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2008 01:28 am »

Well Ron Stoppable from Kim Possible always comes in mind when I see Sokka..... Both act as imature teens have the similar liking of food crack a lot of jokes in a similar kind a way ..... maybe Im saying it because I love Kim Possible but they do strike a similarity atleast in the jokes corner. Both are also a sidekick sort of persons. 
ravenathena711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Aug 09, 2008 03:06 am »

Kenshin himura from the anime Rurouni Kenshin is also a nonkiller hero.

**Keeper of a dragon hatchling hidden from the Fire Nation. Pweez help my little dragon grow**
FlamingBabiez
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Many thanks to Mike & Bryan for a great story!

« Reply #24 on: Aug 09, 2008 09:37 am »

Kenshin himura from the anime Rurouni Kenshin is also a nonkiller hero.
Also Shu from Now and Then, Here and There.

Zuko's always reminded me of Dib from Invader Zim. Their both so obsessed with acheiving their goals, but no ones wants to help them out.

Come to think of it, Jet's role in CoWaS is VERY Dib-like.

"If you won't help me I'll find evidence alone!"
"He's a firebender/alien! You have to believe me!"
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: