Dec 05, 2019 09:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 928 (83.5%)
9 - 91 (8.2%)
8 - 32 (2.9%)
7 - 19 (1.7%)
6 - 15 (1.4%)
5 - 5 (0.5%)
4 - 4 (0.4%)
3 - 1 (0.1%)
2 - 2 (0.2%)
1 - 14 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 1094

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [321] Avatar Aang  (Read 146018 times)
September
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

aang is best pony

« Reply #1750 on: May 02, 2012 11:04 am »

Definetly one of my favorite episodes. The action/bending makes it all so thrilling! I agree, best show ever.  Grin

Hey everyone?  Does somebody have the music that plays in Aang and Ozai's fight?  I can't find it anywhere
Have you tried looking for Soundtracks? Either look for them on YouTube or Google.

Also, has anyone noticed this? (Yes, I have a good eye on things.)

Signature by me.
NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1751 on: May 02, 2012 01:23 pm »

^Haha Haru is just quick and creeping

momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #1752 on: May 02, 2012 01:34 pm »

He probably just wanted more screen time for his stache. Completely understandable.

Sig by arasam22
September
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

aang is best pony

« Reply #1753 on: May 02, 2012 01:35 pm »

He probably just wanted more screen time for his stache. Completely understandable.

True.
That sexyfine mustache needed more shots, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 12:52 pm by September » Logged

Signature by me.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #1754 on: Jun 29, 2012 11:44 am »

I always wondered , Why did the Dai Li agents help Azula? Why did they betray there country. I know that Ba Sing Se was screwed even if They attacked Azula but 'Never go down without a fight' . They are cowards and traitors . Lol.
momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #1755 on: Jun 30, 2012 02:04 pm »

I always wondered , Why did the Dai Li agents help Azula? Why did they betray there country. I know that Ba Sing Se was screwed even if They attacked Azula but 'Never go down without a fight' . They are cowards and traitors . Lol.

They betrayed Long Feng because they realized he was going to lose Ba Sing Se. They wanted to be on the winning side. It's a pretty common move.

Sig by arasam22
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #1756 on: Jun 30, 2012 03:09 pm »

Then they were just cowards who were scared of Azula. Azula was right, sooner or later they would betray her too.
quantumpencil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1757 on: Jul 15, 2012 06:40 am »

The production values of this episode did a lot for it. The music particularly stood out to me (probably partially because I'm a young composer myself). It was quite polished scoring, and its contribution to the intensity of various scenes (The Agni Kai, the Final Kiss, the Energybending scene) far exceeded that of the music in pretty much any other episode. I for one, approve. Most art is essentially manipulation of cliches mixed with some kind of craft, and it's really the quality of the craft that distinguishes particular entries from others. These episodes (particularly the finale) are very strong cinematic experiences.

Unforunately like many others, my enjoyment of this quality score, animation, and scene direction was somewhat hampered by writing sins I had trouble forgiving. I could've forgiven the Lion Turtle, because it's very cool, and spirit world/supernatural intervention is par for the course in avatar. I fail to see the difference between the Lion turtle and the ocean spirit avatar-state in the season one finale. The somewhat sudden mastery of the avatar state didn't bother me too much either. I don't think too much exposition was needed, since it was obvious from context that it was mastered as a result of the strength of Aang's conviction and integrity of his spirit instead of the way the Guru directed him to. It's a little cop-out ish, but  it's thematically tight in light of Iroh's discussion with Aang in the season 2 finale. I'll buy it.

I however really have a hard time forgiving the way the avatar state was triggered. Really... a rock? Aang was able to overcome Ozai due to pure coincidence? Ehhhh.... Sad. Couldn't the Lion turtle just heal him or something -_-.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2012 02:40 pm by quantumpencil » Logged

\"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.\" ~Berthold Auerbach
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1758 on: Jul 19, 2012 03:56 pm »

Been 4 years guys :/

I say... let's all remember our favourite scenes. How about that?

Happy Sozin Comet aniversary
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 04:17 pm by nukilik » Logged
quantumpencil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1759 on: Jul 19, 2012 04:28 pm »

Hasn't been four years for me. I was introduced to this show like three weeks ago. Hence I'm in the awkward position of having tons of stuff to say to people who've heard all of it before, but I'll be damned if I'll let that stop me from indulging.  ;p

More or less every scene in the final two episodes is a cinematic beauty, a joy to behold. In Avatar Aang, I'm particularly fond of the Energybending scene, Aang/Katara's hug, (much more than the kiss, actually, though I like it as well) and Azula's thrashing after her defeat. I'm surprised how sympathetic I ended up finding her character after just a few short, powerful scenes dedicated to humanizing her. Really good stuff.

\"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.\" ~Berthold Auerbach
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1760 on: Jul 19, 2012 04:37 pm »

More or less every scene in the final two episodes is a cinematic beauty, a joy to behold

Agreed. What I wouldn't pay to see a version in theaters

I'm particularly fond of the Energybending scene, Aang/Katara's hug, (much more than the kiss, actually, though I like it as well) and Azula's thrashing after her defeat. I'm surprised how sympathetic I ended up finding her character after just a few short, powerful scenes dedicated to humanizing her. Really good stuff.

ALL of this, very well said Smiley

I mean, every scene with Azula in the finale is pure gold

joinred1127
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bryke be with us. Bryke give us strength.

« Reply #1761 on: Jul 19, 2012 05:16 pm »

^And from that scene on, Azula became my favourite character… Smiley

Yue "It's my duty Sokka. I have to do this."
Azula "Because I'm a people person."
Toph's burnt feet | Ocean Kumquats
Avatar Aang Memorial Island Clock
Nonbender "You're our Avatar too!"
FN Councilwomen's Keys
Eska "It's okay. I tried to kill cousin Korra when she ruined my wedding. It happens…
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1762 on: Jul 19, 2012 05:44 pm »

^ I know. Brilliant scene is brilliant XD

Also, on that last Kataang hug scene. Maybe it's just me but... you know what I can't help but notice EVERY TIME in that particular shot? And it got my attention since the very first time I watched this?

Their EYES!

There's a warmth. A glimmer? I can't describe. But I always see it there. I'm assume it's intentional so props to whoever animated it :3

The sunset did SO MUCH for this scene. And that very last shot/BG of Ba Sing Se is beautiful.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 06:00 pm by nukilik » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1763 on: Jul 19, 2012 07:00 pm »

Everyone remember this? Gold.

Hasn't been four years for me. I was introduced to this show like three weeks ago. Hence I'm in the awkward position of having tons of stuff to say to people who've heard all of it before, but I'll be damned if I'll let that stop me from indulging.  ;p

Don't let it stop you. So far, every post I've seen from you is intelligent and insightful.

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1764 on: Jul 19, 2012 07:07 pm »

Everyone remember this? Gold.

No. When did that play again? Doesn't remind me of any particularly striking scene

*is shot*
quantumpencil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1765 on: Jul 20, 2012 07:13 am »

No. When did that play again? Doesn't remind me of any particularly striking scene

*is shot*

It plays during the second shot of Azula and Zuko's fight in the episode of Into the Inferno, and terminates when Zuko moves at the speed of plot to protect Katara.

The music in that fight being so thin and rhythmically/harmonically reserved makes the scene more than just a generic action sequence (We'd need double the tempo, twice the drumming, and thirty times the string section for that downgrade.) Juxtapositions of intimate tenderness and conflict are the best.

The scene between Azula's conjured specter of her mother and Azula is beautiful and heartrending. It's one of the only scenes in the show that I fight back tears during. I'd also like to draw attention to Azula's voice actress (Grey DeLisle), because she is a champ in these episodes. She does raw & unhinged so masterfully, I mean did you guys hear those laughs?  I ended up buying Azula's descent into madness largely due to her stellar performance throughout the finale.  

As for Katara and Aang's hug, I agree with you (and most other saps out there) about it. It's really expressive animation, which manages to convey everything that needs to be said between the characters at that point without a ton of exposition. It's pretty easy to pull a scene like this off in live action films (and tempting, because it's pretty difficult to write romantic dialogue that's well-received, even if it is realistic) but much harder in an animated film because you can't rely on actor chemistry.

The art team knocked it out though, Aang and Katara manage to say "I've missed you, I'm happy, I feel at home in your arms" all without words. (Albeit, they do have the aid of some sexy major seventh chords). It serves as a nice kind of recap, refreshing in the mind of both the characters and the viewer the color and tone of their relationship - which was always more the "hug" type (Warm rather than fiery), before delving into the sexy stuff. It's also broadly appealing, because I think many people choose to communicate tender feelings like the two characters have in this scene non-verbally. Hence why they react poorly to even good romantic dialogue.

Not me though, I say those things verbally and get rebuffed for being "corny." Meh -_-.

Don't let it stop you. So far, every post I've seen from you is intelligent and insightful.

Aw, thank you.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 07:33 am by quantumpencil » Logged

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1766 on: Jul 20, 2012 08:07 am »

It plays during the second shot of Azula and Zuko's fight in the episode of Into the Inferno, and terminates when Zuko moves at the speed of plot to protect Katara.

The music in that fight being so thin and rhythmically/harmonically reserved makes the scene more than just a generic action sequence (We'd need double the tempo, twice the drumming, and thirty times the string section for that downgrade.) Juxtapositions of intimate tenderness and conflict are the best!

Haha, I actually know what song it is. "Last Agni Kai" is always considered one of the most memorable scores and a favorite scene amongst fans, hence I was being sarcastic when I said I didn't remember. But this is the internet and sarcasm often fails XD

But yeah, agree with what you said about the song. When the scene begun I was expecting something more along the lines of "fast temped action-y music" to be played in the background, but instead the Track Team nailed it wth an amazing yet melancolic song that carries the full emotional depth and captures the struggle between these two brothers, both of which we had followed and whose stories reached a final breaking point in a last duel that, despite being meant to befall, ideally never should have happened. In short, they captured the tragedy of the situation. Genius.

I also like how the musics makes the scene even more distinguishable from the Ozai X Aang fight, showing the needed/intended contrast between these two "foreseen duels", and at the same time, revisiting the (Zuko/Aang) paralell between them while transitioning from one to another. It gives both scenes a unique and diferent vibe, and the whole thing works really well together. Smiley

Yeah, the scene between Azula's conjured specter of her mother and Azula is beautiful and heartrending. It's one of the only scenes in the show that I fight back tears during. I'd also like to draw attention to Azula's voice actress (Grey DeLisle), because she is a champ in these episodes. She does raw & unhinged so masterfully, I mean did you guys hear those laughs?  I ended up buying Azula's descent into madness largely due to her stellar performance throughout the finale.

Oh, yeah, she nailed it better than I could ever expect. In fact, I thought mostly all the voce actors did a great job in the finale, really.

But Grey was the one who definitely had the hardest task in that sense, I'd say, and the one that really blew me away with how convincing Azula's breakdown came out Smiley

As for Katara and Aang's hug, I agree with you (and most other saps out there) about it. It's really expressive animation, which manages to convey everything that needs to be said between the characters at that point without a ton of exposition. It's pretty easy to pull a scene like this off in live action films (and tempting, because it's pretty difficult to write romantic dialogue that's well-received, even if it is realistic) but much harder in an animated film because you can't rely on actor chemistry.

The art team knocked it out though, Aang and Katara manage to say "I've missed you, I'm happy, I feel at home in your arms" all without words. (Albeit, they do have the aid of some sexy major seventh chords). It serves as a nice kind of recap, refreshing in the mind of both the characters and the viewer the color and tone of their relationship - which was always more the "hug" type (Warm rather than fiery), before delving into the sexy stuff. It's also broadly appealing, because I think many people choose to communicate tender feelings like the two characters have in this scene non-verbally. Hence why they react poorly to even good romantic dialogue.

Needless to say, I agree. Very well put too Smiley

I also agree with Loopy. All the posts I've seen from you are well constructed, informed, and insightful

Not me though, I say those things verbally and get rebuffed for being "corny." Meh -_-.

Fear not. I'd say you're not the only one with cornball tendencies here. At all  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 09:19 am by nukilik » Logged
KpKimberly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula ist die wertvollste.

« Reply #1767 on: Jul 20, 2012 09:09 am »

Now I'm super-bad in mood!! Why can't Mike and Bryan make more episodes... Cry

Sorry for my grammar.
Katara16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Want some?

« Reply #1768 on: Jul 20, 2012 09:44 am »

Fear not. I'd say you're not the only one with cornball tendencies here. At all  Grin

There's nothing wrong with that.  Corny can be good Smiley

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1769 on: Jul 20, 2012 02:41 pm »

^ You tell me that? XD

But yeah, I think virtually any idea can work if well developed. Corny ones are no exception Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 02:44 pm by nukilik » Logged
eMoN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Lord Momo of the Momo dynasty, Your Momoness ..."

« Reply #1770 on: Jul 23, 2012 09:52 pm »

i thought the ending to this series was absolutely beautiful,

Kudos to Mike & Bryan for adding the kiss at the end, which sums up Aang & Katara's journey together

~ Icon by GG, Sig by Schellibie ~
~ Keeps: Aang's "Monkey Feathers!" from 313 & Katara's "I'M COMPLETELY CALM!!!" from 208 ~
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1771 on: Jul 23, 2012 09:54 pm »

I hate kisses, but even I think that final Kataang kiss is beautiful.

DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #1772 on: Jul 24, 2012 07:06 pm »

The series finale is my least favorite of the three season finales and yet season 3 is still probably my favorite season. I feel like S3 had so many climaxes in it anyway, with The Day of Black Sun, the Boiling Rock, the character studies and of course the fruition of Zuko and Iroh's storylines, which is my favorite aspect of the show, most of which occurs prior to the finale.

I'd still rate the ep an 8 or a 9 though. I mean, it was excellent.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Handicapable
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1773 on: Sep 23, 2012 11:04 pm »

The music when Aang emerges from the rock always struck me as epic, but also different from what you might expect. Instead of triumphant music while Aang throws the Fire Lord about like a rag doll, the wailing almost sounds like the music you'd hear when a monster appears. There was nothing happy or joyful in it, just a mood of "oh yes, this just got real". It was a nice subtle nod to the slight separation between Aang and the rage and fury of the Avatar State without diminishing the awesomeness of either.

How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her. Proverbs 3:13-15 (NASB)
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #1774 on: Sep 25, 2012 05:16 pm »

Because killing Ozai would put Aang in a perilous state.
Roaming the land, and then you kill somebodys leader will have some nasty effects.

All it takes is a poisoned arrow/knife at the night and the allmighty avatar will fall like a modern glassbox-style building smashed by a giant mountain.

So its better to keep it nice, and please the FN people.
This way Ozai was deposed/de-bended and Zuko continued his family's legacy, without sparking a massive ''dismember the avatar'' rally, that would surely lead to the destruction of the avatar

I Keep: War Minister Qin's hat - Chin the Great's shoes -

''^ Dude, if both betrayed her again, she'd end it right there and then.'' - Flipdark95
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: