Dec 13, 2019 03:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 928 (83.5%)
9 - 91 (8.2%)
8 - 32 (2.9%)
7 - 19 (1.7%)
6 - 15 (1.4%)
5 - 5 (0.5%)
4 - 4 (0.4%)
3 - 1 (0.1%)
2 - 2 (0.2%)
1 - 14 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 1094

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [321] Avatar Aang  (Read 146215 times)
Star Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:44 pm »

Of course I'm happey beacuse of the Kataang conclusion so that probably has to be one of the greatest parts for me, but this entire episode was great. The simple title "Avatar Aang" let's you know that it has all come to fruition and to the end, there was loose ends left open but hey they may transfer over to something else or maybe it's the shows way of letting us know that sometimes we have to come to our own conclusions.
Sarcastic Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:44 pm »

This episode was great. I really like that Aang took Ozai's bending away. It really showed that he had to mold his own path, he couldn't let Ozai live with that power, but he was unable to kill him. That was a great way for Aang to end it. I loved the end too, Aang in his Avatar/Air Nomad robes was awesome. I'm glad Zuko became the Fire Lord, because it symbolizes so much how the world was before the war, the Avatar and the Fire Lord were friends. Plus, Maiko and Kataang! I knew they were going to happen!

Great episode, 10/10.

I am an ASN PRIMORDIAL TITAN!
fsta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

As hot and dark as Hell itself, that is coffee...

« Reply #27 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:44 pm »

Poor Suki needs to get some joke lessons from Sokka.

Remember Saturday, July 19, 2008!

Also, hurrah for Mufasa Island, my first Avatarverse term coinage!
mark3611
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:44 pm »

I really wanted to love the finale, and I was succeeding until the conclusion of the Ozai/ Aang battle. The climax, however, was just fail, fail, fail, failtacular. Please excuse the forthcoming rant:

The action sequences were sufficiently epic that I could have dealt with the few minor plot holes.

I could have dealt with complete randomness and superfluousness of the giant sea turtle/ forest/ island/ lion thing (What in the world was that thing?).

I could have dealt with the fact that Toph got approximately sixty seconds worth of real action the entire movie.

I could have even dealt with the fact that Azula, my favorite character in the series, was out of character for the duration and made to look like a total fool, only to be tossed aside like an insignificant piece of trash at the end with no closure given (okay, I can't deal with The Azula problems in this episode, but that's another rant altogether).

...but I couldn't deal with the nonsense at the end. It's simply unfathomable that after an entire two episodes were devoted exclusively to Aang's coming to terms with the necessity of killing the fire lord, we were still served with a total cop out at the end. I just can't accept that instead of Ozai being ended as we were led on to believe, instead Aang can instantly learn some random power from a fifteen second flashback to his inane conversation with whatever the giant forest turtle was supposed to be and conveniently avoid having to do what all sixty episodes prior to that point had led up to.

How could he not kill Ozai!?!?!? HOW!?!?!?

I understand this is a kid's show, which is why I choose to excuse the lame ending to The Southern Raiders, but this is insane. The entire finale led up to this crescendo. The entire series, even. Yet it was totally and completely flubbed. I don't buy that the youth of America would be forever scarred and corrupted by seeing the most evil man on the fictional earth killed by a protagonist bent on restoring peace. I just don't, and there's no excuse for the ridiculousness of the last fifteen minutes of Avatar Aang.

I'm going to pretend that all of season three besides the day of black sun was just a joke, or some sort of blooper reel. As far as I'm concerned, the series concluded with the Crossroads of Destiny. The fire nation wins. The End.
queenofswords
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:45 pm »

Huh

Um...did anyone else notice that at the very end of the credits it said "Dedicated to the memory of Dante DiMartino?" Has anyone heard any dire news about him? I looked on the net but found nothing.

That aside, the ending of the story was made of awesome, especially the two duels: Aang vs. Ozai and Zuko vs. Crazy-zula. The music throughout this episode was indescribably flawless. Oh for a soundtrack.

The Queen of Swords

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.
Uriel18
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You want to stop breathing?

« Reply #30 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:45 pm »

Come to think of it, didn't Aang mention Lion Turtles and there size in the library episode?

Oh, those aren't homemade pies. They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.
Majin_Koenma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Aang hater, Introvert and Nonshipper

« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:47 pm »

You know, now that the episode is over the realization that Avatar is over is starting to sink in, and I'm actually sad about it. This was a truly great show and I only wish that it would have been on a network that would have given it the treatment it deserved. This episode was awesome, the show as a whole was awesome, and I hope we get more stories from the Avatarverse soon.

President of Ba Sing Se/Tessigua master
Keeper of ...
-The Yu Yan Archer's arrows
-Sozin/Roku's crown/The Light Chakra/Master Piandao's sword
ASN's #1 Aang anti-fan
TerrAqua-bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:48 pm »

When Aang got hit in the back, I winced, I thought that he was in so much pain but he was just getting the avatar state back.  Azula...PSYCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What a freak, I knew she was crazy. Aangs little bending sphere was Amazing.  And when Aang was fighting w/o the AS, he was using all of the elements, so I thought that was a good job by him.  I was so mad when he didn't hit Ozai with the lighting, the expression on Ozai's face when Aang caught the lightning was priceless.

any way, I'd like to say that my first prediction came true tonight guys. I KNEW THAT AANG WAS GOING TO TAKE AWAY HIS BENDING.  Like at the beginning when he was talking to the avatara, I was thinking.  Isn't there someway that he can take away Ozai's bending?Huh? And THERE WAS!!! MORE TO COME Late.  I just have so many emotions right now, I just need to rest.
kryptonianjorel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:49 pm »

I wanna be the first to say that, maybe, if Aang can take bending away, he can give it too?? He could rebuild the Air Temples, teach people in the way of the Air Nomads, and bestow bending upon them

Keeper of Combustion Man's kickass frickin laser-shooting third eye
Keeper of Aang's ability to remove and BESTOW bending
firelily
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set by Zutarawillliveon :)

« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:49 pm »

That was... bracing.  I honestly can't find a word for it within myself.  This is something that you feel... like opening all 7chakras at once.

This episode was the best out of all 4 for me.  Aang was simply wondrous!  The way he took away Ozai's firebending and almost got corrupted himself... I was almost sure that he would die at that instant.  But he proved me wrong.  The power he showed... and he controlled himself, even in the Avatar state.

I almost cried when they declared the war over and everything looked so serene.  It was a  "I can't believe this" moment for fans everywhere, I'm sure.

This entire last half of Book 3, I kept telling myself, "I'll get so mad if they end the series with a kiss."  I thought it just couldn't be done.  Series's that end like that seemed so irritating for even using such a cliff hanger, but this was done well.  And I was itching and screaming "Kiss already!" during those last agonizing moments of the finale.  They hugged first... and then it happened.  It truly was a beautiful moment.  It just makes me sad that I won't be able to see them in full on Kataang mode after this.  It was hard for me to grasp that series was just... done.  For now, anyway. 

I was honestly waiting for the show to come back on after the commercial break that followed "Avatar Aang"  Roll Eyes  I wanted more.  Eh, the things that Kataang will do to you.

I loved seeing Aang in that official Air Nomad costume.  It really struck me for the first time that he a full on Avatar when I laid eyes on that beautiful orange outfit.  It looked too big for him, yet not Roll Eyes  And that Monk Gyatso wooden medallion he had on?  Priceless.

A happy ending for all that made me want to jump into the TV and give out hugs Cheesy And Sokka is, as always, hilarious at the end of the battle XD

10/10, and even higher than that if possible.

Keeper of Nyla's sense of smell, the 'Love Amongst the Dragons' poster, Aang's peaceful nature, and Sokka's Dragon Pipe!
fsta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

As hot and dark as Hell itself, that is coffee...

« Reply #35 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:50 pm »

Come to think of it, didn't Aang mention Lion Turtles and there size in the library episode?
I guess that makes the lion turtle Chekhov's gunman and not a Deus ex Machina, for those who are familiar with the site Tvtropes. That really makes me more comfortable with the Mufasa turtle thing, if it was mentioned before.

Remember Saturday, July 19, 2008!

Also, hurrah for Mufasa Island, my first Avatarverse term coinage!
Transmute
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:51 pm »

The lion turtle thing was a badly place Deus ex Machina place by the writers so that it could bestow upon aang a way of dealing with ozai in a manner that nick would allow.  

For wikipedia: "[Deus ex Machina] is an improbable contrivance in a story. The phrase describes an artificial, or improbable, character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot"

"Life has no meaning, only machine intelligence is truly important on a cosmic scale."
PhantasyElementz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:52 pm »

It was interesting to see Azula fall apart.  It's like realizing that fear could not control people, even her normally loyal friends, just ate away at her until there was nothing left.

The Avatar State part confused me a bit, though I suppose it was well done.  I mean, Aang found his true power by being hesitant to hurt someone else, by taking a blow himself as he sought a gentler way to end the fighting.  Plus this was the coolest Glowy!Aang has ever looked.  It was like an elemental atom unleashing a nuclear bomb of awesome!

The lionturtle was a bit of a deus ex machina for me.  But still, something was fitting about it.  Aang got to ride the biggest, coolest, and probably one of the oldest creatures in the world!  (Ah, I see some people think the turtle was mentioned before.  We'll have to go back and check sometime).

How could I have forgotten about Metal!Toph!  Or as my brother put it, IrohToph.  Everyone fought so well in this.  The Zuko x Azula duel was breathtaking, and so sad at the same time.  It was treated with an air more like reverance and melancholy than just outright showdown - the proper respect for a fight tearing siblings apart.  And Iroh and Zuko... I just wanted to start bawling, but my brother would have laughed at me.

As for those who didn't like Ozai's fate - consider this.  I think Ozai would rather have died in battle, than be forced to live the rest of his life utterly powerless.  That's a far more torturous fate for him, a man who only ever loved power.  Plus Aang is a pacifist.  The fundamental message of the show is peace.  Killing Ozai would have gone against everything Aang wanted to represent.

Classic Book Summaries By Phantasy!

The Scarlett Letter - *angst* *shame* *romance* *shame* *angst*

The Catcher in the Rye - *angst* *angst* *angst* phonies *angst*

Hamlet - *AAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGSSSSSSSTT* *dead*
Leona629
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokka is my drug

« Reply #38 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:52 pm »

Huh

Um...did anyone else notice that at the very end of the credits it said "Dedicated to the memory of Dante DiMartino?" Has anyone heard any dire news about him? I looked on the net but found nothing.

Is it perhaps Michael's father?

Aangirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The last Electrimafad icon (By Electrimafried :D)

« Reply #39 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:53 pm »

Aang was incredible.

He was true too himself, without killing anyone.

Katara saved Zuko's life.

sucessful ending, that resulted in tears for me.
Hey, Zuko saved Katara's life too, remember? XD Oh, And by the way, This ending was UBER.

*Might change set once fugitives is over*
Silverviper2134
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:53 pm »

It's sad to see such a great show end, but because it had to, I'm glad it had to end like this. It was wonderful that we didn't see any Main or at least, any Named character, die in this movie. Though, personally, the only character I didn't feel sorry for at all, was Ozai. Even Azula, I had sympathy for. Based on her "discussion" with Ursa, it's obvious that part of the reason she became this way, was because of how her mother treated her. And the ending, with all the couples and the way everyone's life ended.

The way Aang defeated Ozai, without killing him, was just one way to prove that Bryke are the kings of animation. That had to be the most epic fight, in animated history. The best part was when Ozai and Aang both pulled an Atlantis when they seemed to transform into crystals. But, seeing Ozai loose his fire bending was wicked!

I think it's safe to say that Maiko, Katanng, and Sukka/George are the cannon pairings. And if the hug between The Duke and Toph means anything, it seems as though they'll be together too, someday.

Ty Lee joining the Kyoshi Warriors was also a stroke of genius! I mean, personally, I think she looks adorable in the make-up and outfit. But, even better was the fact that Sokka assumed she was still evil.

The beach party scene was cool, espically when we see Toph practicing her sandbending. But, does this mean she can see perfectly in sand now?

Even though this movie was mainly an epic event, which will no doubt change the lives of many- at least for a few weeks- there was still some funny moments. First, when Azula mixes up Lo and Li. The fact that they're unsure who was banished was great. And of course, Suki's inability to think of insults is adorable.

Sokka's lack of artistic talent is also a plus to this episode. First when he makes Suki a sandmonster and at the end, when he completely goofs up on everyone's picture. Giving Katara lemur ears, making Zuko a Boar-Q-Pine, making Mai a man, making Iroh fat again- tribute to old Iroh?- and making Suki firebending. Toph's comment about the art, made it all the better.

The ending- before the Kataang kiss- was also perfect. Apparently everyone's living in Ba Sing Sei, though I wish they'd kept wearing the colors of their own nations. Mostly because some of them really don't look so good in green.

There's only 2 things I wish we could've seen. One is Ursa- it just cuts off after Zuko asks where she is, and goes to Ba Sing Sei. What is that supposed to mean? The other thing I wanted to see, was what happened to Azula? At the end of her fight with Katara and Zuko, she seemed to have broken down- but I know Zuko didn't kill her. So....what did she do?

Uriel18
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You want to stop breathing?

« Reply #41 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:54 pm »

The lion turtle thing was a badly place Deus ex Machina place by the writers so that it could bestow upon aang a way of dealing with ozai in a manner that nick would allow.  

For wikipedia: "[Deus ex Machina] is an improbable contrivance in a story. The phrase describes an artificial, or improbable, character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot"
No it wasn't! Grin They mentioned it in the second season, so it could've been planned.

Oh, those aren't homemade pies. They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.
ShortRound
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:54 pm »

:(Its Over
:(We might never need to post here again, no....
:(Best...movie....ever
:(so epic
:(kataang
:(too much excitment
:(Nick is at an end....

Most are sad....Im so......ugghhhh emotional...I'm gonna cry....

This is so beautiful.

"AIRBENDING SLICE!!!!!!" "A TURTLE LION!" "AIRSHIP SLICE!!!!!" AZULA LOOKS LIKE A PSYCO!
CCS
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:55 pm »

Bending is all about energy, so it makes sense that a power avatar in the avatar state should have the power to bend the bending energy out of another individual. I thought it was a cool twist.
BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #44 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:56 pm »

Well, I'm give my full review on this thread, because it's the most active:
~MELON LORD! MWAHAHAHAHA.  That was awesome...
~I thought the first hour moved a little slow...just a little...I was thinking "Come on, Aang, talk to the spirits and then get a move on!"
~Toph wanting to take a field trip with Zuko!
~Lion turtle...cool, but I didn't understand hardly anything he said...
~Ozai's crazy...and he has pretty long hair like his daughter...Smiley
~The scene with Iroh and Zuko...first time I teared up and squealed with happiness
~Jun had a very small role...which, I guess, was normal.
~A-zu-la's descent into madness was done very well and didn't feel as rushed as I think some people thought it was going to be..."Lo, you're banished, Li, you can stay."  "But, I'm Li...so, who's banished?"
~Ursa.  Heck yes, I knew she wasn't really gonna be there, but Crazula was just having hallucinations...and, I felt so sorry for her in that scene.  She started crying! *tearbend* :'(
~And, I guess we know what happened to Azula's hair...uh huh...
~I caught little Tokka moments, and they were cute!  But, he's meant for Suki, I guess.
~The little ramp thing that Ozai was standing on?  It looked incredibly dangerous.
~The battles were epic.  That's all I say.  Kudos to the sad music for Azula and Zuzu's Agni Kai.  It made me nervous and sad for them at the same time.
~Aang's "defeat" of the firelord...not what I expected, but cool nonetheless.
~Azula's demise.  Also not what I expected, but also very cool and well done...I felt so sorry for her when she was screaming her head off...
~I'm glad everyone ended up happy and content...but,
~Where the heck are Azula and Ursa?  (Ursa, I don't know...Azula, I'll guess an insane asylum...)

So epic, so sad, I wish there was more.  100/10

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
queenofswords
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:57 pm »

Huh

Is it perhaps Michael's father?

Ah, of course. You're probably right. Kind of freaked me out a bit, though. I watched all the way to the end of the credits for once hoping they might do the sort of thing that is sometimes done at the end of an anime series, where they have little vignettes of the characters under the credits. That would've been cute.

The Queen of Swords

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.
Transmute
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:57 pm »

I guess that makes the lion turtle Chekhov's gunman and not a Deus ex Machina, for those who are familiar with the site Tvtropes. That really makes me more comfortable with the Mufasa turtle thing, if it was mentioned before.

Mentioning it once does not make it a "Chekhovs Gun" even the previous avatars were not given a clue what the heck aang was on.

"Life has no meaning, only machine intelligence is truly important on a cosmic scale."
FreedomRider
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

AKA GretS.

« Reply #47 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:58 pm »

A good end to good epic. An End and A Begining. Nice.

The last four episodes of Avatar really made up for a so-so season.

I knew this was going to be epic end, but I had no idea it would be this grand of an ending.

Did anyone catch the Captian Planet reference? Not to mention Lion-turtle=think Neverending Story? I am too old to remember that movie?

I am sad , but at the same time happy that one story ends and others will have a chance to begin. Think for a moment. If the boys (M&B) can pull off something of this magnitude, imagine what they come up with next? Makes me kinda feel sorry. for them.

Arkatsson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:58 pm »

I am sorry but I had to give this an 8/10

The final battle wasn't epic enough for me, I was begging to go back to the Azula-Zuko fight and possibly Ba-Sing-Se. But that was not what made me unhappy

We were left with a super cliff hanger

Who does Toph hook up with? What happened to the air benders (does he make his kids them or make some person off the street one). What happens to everyone? I was expecting a flash to the future where Zuko is some old man walking with Aang talking about stuff or something.

On a side note, taking away the bending was lame.
masterofthebees
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Is it just me, or is Zuko lookin Sassssy?

« Reply #49 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:58 pm »

I just have to say that the MUSIC in these episodes was soooo amazing

Oh my gosh no kidding, the music was so good but so STRESSFUL! During the Zuko-Azula fight, the music was so SAD it made me so worried! The music during the Aang Ozai fight was fantastic it was stressful too but also beautiful. Hopefully when I watch it again the stress of it all will be gone and I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

moo moo moo moo moo moo i am a cow moo moo moo i have bells moo moo moo i am a cow
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: