Dec 05, 2019 09:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 928 (83.5%)
9 - 91 (8.2%)
8 - 32 (2.9%)
7 - 19 (1.7%)
6 - 15 (1.4%)
5 - 5 (0.5%)
4 - 4 (0.4%)
3 - 1 (0.1%)
2 - 2 (0.2%)
1 - 14 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 1094

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [321] Avatar Aang  (Read 146025 times)
RikaFurude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1725 on: Jan 06, 2011 06:58 am »

itz waz grate

I saw a butterfly
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #1726 on: Jan 24, 2011 10:29 pm »

Cheers to Korra!

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1727 on: Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm »

I rewatched the last four episodes, and let me tell you, it's still really awesome to watch! To see Aang end things his own way and she him master the avatar state was like a big sigh of relief.

Is anyone working on getting the screenshots for the last few episodes, bc they would be really handy for references.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1728 on: Mar 24, 2011 02:32 pm »

^I know, right? (It still shines after 3 years, even the trailers!)

(Try Piandao.org, or Google "Piandao screenshots".)

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1729 on: Mar 24, 2011 06:05 pm »

Or, ASN itself.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1730 on: Mar 24, 2011 07:07 pm »

^ASN doesn't have screenshots of the last I don't know how many episodes. But for now I'll check out piandao.org

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #1731 on: Mar 24, 2011 07:24 pm »

No dear, I think you're looking at the "Screenshots", and not the DVD Screenshots. The 'screenshots' are normal, low quality screenshots ripped from the TV version of the episodes when they first aired. The DVDs are, as to be expected, ripped from the HD DVDs. If you check on the link that Loopy posted, it'll take you to the DVD Screenshots and will show you that, yes, ASN does have screenshots for every episode. Smiley

See? Smiley

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1732 on: Mar 24, 2011 09:21 pm »

^Ah! Sweet! When I posted that last one, it was on my phone and I couldn't tell it was a link. Tongue

Before that, I always looked at screenshots through the Screenshot Database, and some episodes aren't included in that database including 308-321. But Now I know where to look! Grin Thanks so much, Loopy and EndlessFlame55!

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #1733 on: Mar 24, 2011 09:42 pm »

I am thinking after all this time, if they really wrap this up. I would loved if that last scene was a massive time jump when we see our characters grown up, maybe see young Tenzen and his friends.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1734 on: Mar 24, 2011 09:45 pm »

^ I don't know. I think that would be too much like the ending of the Harry Potter books.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1735 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:09 pm »

I can see the last few pages portraying a solemn atmosphere with Aang's funeral service & a quick time skip to a young girl, Korra, who doesn't know she's got a "guardian angel" (Aang) walking beside her.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 01:25 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1736 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm »

^I like that.

Oh, did anyone else catch on to the tiger-dillo roar contest between Aang and Ozai? It was in the span of the last four episodes, but ends in Avatar Aang.

First Aang

Then Ozai

Then Aang in the avatar state wins!

I think it was pretty awesome the way M&B tie little things like that into a story.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1737 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:41 pm »

^I sure have noticed the "contest" after watching reruns and plenty of AMVs.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1738 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:47 pm »

^Ooh, there's an AMV with it? I sure would like to see that.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1739 on: Mar 24, 2011 11:03 pm »

^(Try Sozin's Comet w/ Breaking Benjamin's "Had Enough." I like it, especially the end; but it features two of the three "tiger-dillo roars.") I'm not gonna lie; when the series ended, it felt like I had just gotten dumped. (Not that I had a crush on any of the characters.)

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1740 on: Apr 08, 2011 06:46 pm »

^I like that.

Oh, did anyone else catch on to the tiger-dillo roar contest between Aang and Ozai? It was in the span of the last four episodes, but ends in Avatar Aang.

First Aang

Then Ozai

Then Aang in the avatar state wins!

I think it was pretty awesome the way M&B tie little things like that into a story.

Aang's five-pronged fire is one of the most hardcore moves of the show.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1741 on: Jul 09, 2011 04:00 am »

I love it so much that whenever I watch the very end I get up and say Aang's last Avatar State line.
xPOORGUYx
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvi from earth_lizard

« Reply #1742 on: Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm »

this episode makes me sad in so many ways.
cpt_data explains them in his post above Smiley

"Leaves from the vine,falling so slow,like fragile,tiny shells,drifting in the foam,Little soldier boy,come marching home,Brave soldier boy,comes marching home."
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1743 on: Jul 13, 2011 01:01 pm »

I was watching this just now and it occured to me (sorry if this was mentioned before).  Why did Ty Lee join the Kyoshi warriors if she didn't want to be part of a matched set?  That doesn't make sense to me.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 01:05 pm by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

Nikoagonistes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1744 on: Jul 13, 2011 05:29 pm »

I was watching this just now and it occured to me (sorry if this was mentioned before).  Why did Ty Lee join the Kyoshi warriors if she didn't want to be part of a matched set?  That doesn't make sense to me.
Agreed.  It seemed to me that Bryke were just looking for a quick answer to "what will Ty Lee do now, since Ozai's Angels is no more?"

I support fake fandoms.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #1745 on: Jul 13, 2011 08:38 pm »

Yeah, Ty Lee definitely didn't get the treatment she deserved. I was quite irate with season 3 b/c of it. I felt at times that characters weren't used and/or developed to their full potential. It's one of my main issues with the series.

Her betrayal of Azula is the only thing that prevents any bad feelings.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
ThePeacefulGuru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1746 on: Jul 20, 2011 10:02 pm »

It was a great ending and the battle with Ozai was completely epic! but it also left a lot unanswered, which on one hand is good because it left a lot of room for a variety of fanfiction post conclusion which wouldn't be really inaccurate because we don't know much at all about what happened after. On the other hand it's annoying because since it was the end of the whole series we may never get the real answers. Hopefully a few will come with the Legend of Korra

"The heart of the fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart" - Ben Franklin
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #1747 on: Apr 06, 2012 10:13 pm »

I just finished my re-watch of the show an hour ago, and again for the umpteenth time I was blown away my how fantastic this finale, and this show was and still is.

It's just really difficult to describe this journey ATLA takes you on and these characters you grow to love and are practically your friends. To see it all end is simply bittersweet.

The animation is fantastic, the pacing done in the 4 parts is great, and of course the music's PHENOMENAL. I couldn't really ask for much more for a finale to, in my opinion, the best television show ever. Period.

It's just that good. Thank you Mike and Bryan for creating such a masterpiece, and I look forward to seeing Korra (and perhaps a few more characters returning? Smiley )!

---

Also, by the way, my mother was watching the finale too, and when it was all over and I asked her what she thought of it, she simply said:

"What happened to Zuko's Mom?" Grin

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1748 on: Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm »

I just finished my re-watch of the show an hour ago, and again for the umpteenth time I was blown away my how fantastic this finale, and this show was and still is.

It's just really difficult to describe this journey ATLA takes you on and these characters you grow to love and are practically your friends. To see it all end is simply bittersweet.

The animation is fantastic, the pacing done in the 4 parts is great, and of course the music's PHENOMENAL. I couldn't really ask for much more for a finale to, in my opinion, the best television show ever. Period.

It's just that good. Thank you Mike and Bryan for creating such a masterpiece, and I look forward to seeing Korra (and perhaps a few more characters returning? Smiley )!

Very well said. Agreed on absolutely every word. I watched the finale again this week too and, especially with all the Korra hype, I considered writing my thoughts here, but I think you've pretty much covered it up with this post XD

Still, I'd just like to emphasize how mind-blowing the animation is. Fans have been showing way less appreciattion regarding this aspect of A:TLA than it deserves lately and this is surely the highest point of the series rgarding that.

Also... all shipping asside I was just looking at Aang and Katara's eyes in the last few scenes and I don't know why but for some reason in this particular shots there is just so much life and warmth to that aspect of the characters. For some reason it stands out to me and it amazes me how the animators managed to convey emotions like that:

And for some reason I always loved the background in this scene. It's so realistic, detailed, lushy and green:

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2012 11:11 pm by nukilik » Logged
srs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1749 on: Apr 28, 2012 09:11 am »

Hey everyone?  Does somebody have the music that plays in Aang and Ozai's fight?  I can't find it anywhere
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: