May 27, 2017 06:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 344 (91%)
9 - 26 (6.9%)
8 - 7 (1.9%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [320] Into The Inferno  (Read 29167 times)
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #225 on: Mar 24, 2011 11:22 pm »

^I read the Sozin Comet's magazine spoilers online before the finale aired, so I knew it was coming. (Even before Season 3 aired, I wondered how M&B were gonna write up her downfall.)

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
SilverSandwich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #226 on: Mar 25, 2011 03:46 pm »

What this episode and the finale did beautifully was to demonstrate the tragedy of Zuko having to battle Azula. Brother and sister, both still basically children, and they have to lock themselves in what amounts to a fight to the death. No glory or honor here, just something that no father should've ever allowed to happen...but Ozai was never confused for a Daddy of the Year type, anyway.

End of the episode also leaves a pretty good sense of dread in the air, specifically Ozai's "Prepare...to DIE!" before he strikes. Pretty blatant, dude.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #227 on: Mar 25, 2011 05:52 pm »

^I think in Ozai's mind, Azula exemplified why it shouldn't be the FIRSTBORN who is entitled to the throne; but the most powerful. (They're both second-born. Both Iroh - and Zuko - have realized the strength of their sibling is not to be trifled with.)
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2011 09:23 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Mar 26, 2011 08:28 pm »

Ok. I'm watching the finale again and right after Azula says," I'll show you lightning." She starts bending lightning and I kid you not, it thundered really loud outside on cue. It's super awesome watching the finale during a thunder storm.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
WaterKatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang Forever

« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2011 11:44 pm »

This episode was totally amazing. Definitely one of my faves!! Love the airship stuff.

Shipper of Kataang.Keeper of Aang's sensitiveness and Katara's anger.Kataang will always be together.FOREVER!!
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #230 on: Aug 02, 2011 01:28 pm »

Just a bit curious, but I'm wondering where exactly did Ozai and his fleet go to burn the Earth Kingdom? I've been looking at the maps but it seems like it's just some unspecified regions. Tongue

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
WaterDragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am »

The one thing I don't really care for, and this is a minor thing, is how Aang's airbending is still drawn as being very blue in some shots. It doesn't look right.
Especially this attack.

proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #232 on: Aug 12, 2011 08:45 pm »

I have a theory that Azula wasn't just hallucinating but actually saw her mother in the mirror and she disappeared before the camera faded away from Azula. Any thoughts?

Fabulous Agni Kai between Zucko and Azula; I liked this better than Aang's battle.
whatzitsname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

(WARNING: This fan is a 'Kataang' supporter!!!)

« Reply #233 on: Aug 24, 2011 06:28 pm »

I must admit WaterDragon, I do tend to agree that it looks too blue, or at least as blue as the waterbending during the battle. But I think with all the red and fire mixed in the shots to show the power of Sozin's Comet, I guess it was bound to affect how the elements were shown.

Whatz is keeper of:
-'The Track Team' musical score for the Order of the White Lotus' battle in Ba Sing Se
-Toph's rhythimc knock on the airship control room door (Into the Inferno)
-Monk Gyatso's butt-kicking of Aang at Pai Sho
-The singing prairie dog that pops out under Sokka in 'The Library'
version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #234 on: Dec 18, 2013 07:28 pm »

The Zuko/Azula fight was strangely beautiful. Just wow. More awe inspiring than the Aang/ ozai fight.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
Raimundo Pedrosa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #235 on: Feb 06, 2014 06:19 pm »

It was such an amazing episode. The end was really hard to watch, with Azula breaking down like she did. Although she didn't exactly get a redemption in TSP3, I think that she's gotten better from before, because Aang and Katara both actually have noticed a change in her. So, we'll see. I hope that she gets the redemption that she deserves  Smiley
TyLuko4Ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the solution.

« Reply #236 on: Feb 16, 2014 05:04 am »

^ She didn't appear to get any better in the comics. Tongue

Also, could you elaborate on why she deserves a redemption, please?

Sig by Brush Bender
Keeper of: Ty Lee's "I know you" and Zuko's "Circus freak!"
My DA  My FFN
Lucky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #237 on: Nov 09, 2014 04:29 pm »

I agree, I don't understand why Azula deserves anything. Out of all the villains I find her to be the most reprehensible. She's worse than Ozai and Sozin, and is right up there with Azulon as the worst of them all in my opinion. She was the one who initially came up with killing the entire earth kingdom, to win the war -- which is pretty messed up. All for Daddy's approval, atleast Sozin hid around the excuse that it would be better for the world to be under Fire Nation rule, and later regretted his actions on his death bed. Azula didn't care about anything or anyone it seemed by the end. Even that excuse that Mommy didn't love her best, was still quite sickening and didn't do much to elevate her character. She's still disgusting.

ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #238 on: Nov 09, 2014 05:38 pm »

^ She didn't appear to get any better in the comics. Tongue

Also, could you elaborate on why she deserves a redemption, please?

Perhaps because she's young and grew up in a very damaging environment. She still has time to change her life. Maybe deserve isn't the right word, but if Zuko and Iroh deserved a chance to redeem themselves, why not Azula?
Flamewheel4354
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #239 on: Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm »

I think this episode ranks as my favorite episode in all of the Avatar franchise. I get teary almost every time I watch Zuko and Azula's agni kai and when Zuko sacrifices himself to save Katara. The Track Team really outdid itself in composing the music for these scenes. Just listening to the music almost makes me cry!

I like Aang and Ozai's scenes too, but Zuko/Azula/Katara's takes the icing on the cake for me.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #240 on: Jan 01, 2015 11:54 am »

What can I say about this episode other than it was stunning. It had great fights, great animation, great music, and great emotional interactions. I loved seeing Azula's breakdown. It is something I have waited for since we first saw her in action. Her argument with Ursa in the mirror is definitely one of my favorite moments in the show. Moving on, the Agni Kai between her and Zuko was amazing. This is what the Tonraq/Unalaq battle should have looked like. It was the perfect end to a tragic struggle. Though the slow motion with Zuko was super cheesy. Anyway, I liked Sokka coming up with the plan to take out the fleet. Though I thought Jack Desenna's delivery at some points was a little distracting. As for the Ozai and Aang battle, like many people have already commented, the fight seemed too one-sided at any given point, but for what it was worth, I think it was a satisfactory battle for the series' end.

I am saddened that we didn't get to see an epic large-scale battle with the White Lotus though. Why did they bother showing them in the first place?
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #241 on: Jan 01, 2015 12:08 pm »

What can I say about this episode other than it was stunning. It had great fights, great animation, great music, and great emotional interactions. I loved seeing Azula's breakdown. It is something I have waited for since we first saw her in action. Her argument with Ursa in the mirror is definitely one of my favorite moments in the show. Moving on, the Agni Kai between her and Zuko was amazing. This is what the Tonraq/Unalaq battle should have looked like. It was the perfect end to a tragic struggle. Though the slow motion with Zuko was super cheesy. Anyway, I liked Sokka coming up with the plan to take out the fleet. Though I thought Jack Desenna's delivery at some points was a little distracting. As for the Ozai and Aang battle, like many people have already commented, the fight seemed too one-sided at any given point, but for what it was worth, I think it was a satisfactory battle for the series' end.

I am saddened that we didn't get to see an epic large-scale battle with the White Lotus though. Why did they bother showing them in the first place?

It was the easiest way to write Iroh into the finale while also explaining where he had been since he broke himself out of jail.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #242 on: Jan 01, 2015 12:19 pm »

I get that, but I still think it was pointless. I am not docking down any points because of that, but I would have liked it if they found something else for the White Lotus to do. They were liberating a city that was slated for destruction. Once Sokka took out the fleet, the Earth Kingdom was pretty much safe.
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #243 on: Jan 01, 2015 02:42 pm »

I get that, but I still think it was pointless. I am not docking down any points because of that, but I would have liked it if they found something else for the White Lotus to do. They were liberating a city that was slated for destruction. Once Sokka took out the fleet, the Earth Kingdom was pretty much safe.

It provided plot convenience and gave Iroh something to do. That was the point. So, not pointless, just a poor attempt to keep Iroh and the Order relevant. But it was nice to see Piandao again so I'm okay with it. <3

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: