Nov 15, 2019 10:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 344 (91%)
9 - 26 (6.9%)
8 - 7 (1.9%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [320] Into The Inferno  (Read 40386 times)
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #175 on: Oct 28, 2008 10:32 pm »

Heh, I can't stand it. I just can't find the fact Zuko didn't die when the lightning nearly reached his heart.

It wasn't touching his heart. Acutally, it was no where near it. Somewhat on his stomach and/or abs more then his heart/chest.

And let's not forget that since Zuko rederected at lest half of Azula's blast, because you can see the blast go right up in the sky. So it didn't create an ending scar like Aang had in COD, because that did kill Aang in a surprise attack. It didn't acutally kill Zuko all the way. Just made him nearly die, and suffer terrible pain. But luckily Katara got to him before he died.

Judging by Zuko closing his eyes, and groaning right before Katara ran to him. You could say that Zuko was three steps close to death. But Katara saved him from going all the way to the light. Wink

Pageclaim for Zuko not dying and Iroh still having his son around!! Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2008 10:35 pm by EndlessFlame55 » Logged

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #176 on: Oct 28, 2008 10:43 pm »

^ Oh right. He redirected it. Tongue
But if it hit his chest then how did he redirect it at the same time?
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #177 on: Oct 28, 2008 11:14 pm »

But if it hit his chest then how did he redirect it at the same time?

I said he rederected some of it, not all of it. If you look at these screenshots during the battle in this episode, you can see that the lightning comes at him, he takes it in his hands as he normally does when he redirects lightning in a battle, but the lightning, empowered with the help of the comet, CLEARLY overpowers Zuko and it zaps him, hard.

But on the bright side of this...is when he is falling, being knocked off his feet when he got struck, you can clearly see that he rederected at lest half of Azula's blast, and it goes into the sky. The blast was enough to give him a SLOW death, not kill him right in a second and stop his heart...because he redirected half of it, but it still hurt and zapped him enough to leave a scar and a near death experenice. Tongue I hope that explanned it. Because that's what I saw when I watched it a few times. Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2008 11:16 pm by EndlessFlame55 » Logged

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #178 on: Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm »

^ Ok.
I didn't watch it many times because I couldn't stand crazula. I only saw it twice. Tongue I hated it a lot. Azula random babbling was bad enough, but Katara. That was annoying............

Thanks for the explantion. Smiley

PS- about the PM you sent me, I never replied but all I have to say is... Thanks. Smiley
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #179 on: Oct 29, 2008 02:47 am »

You know, Endless, you should really consider putting all your wonderful explanations on a FAQ thread about the show. Maybe the mods could be convinced to start one. If not, the Avatar categories on tvtropes would be a good place for you.

There is no refuge but in audacity. No salvation other than in strength.

"It is better to live one hundred years in wealth than seven days in poverty." - Bob Rock
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #180 on: Oct 29, 2008 08:32 am »

And let's not forget that since Zuko rederected at lest half of Azula's blast

According to the DVD commentary, the creators say, "Zuko redirected most of the lightning but didn't do it the way Uncle taught him to."

If half of the lightning remained in his body according to your explanation, I believe he'll be dead by now. Lightning has so much voltage and I think half of it is still able to kill you.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #181 on: Oct 29, 2008 12:26 pm »

Was I the only one who was excessively tearbending at the part when Zuko was shot with lightning?

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #182 on: Oct 29, 2008 04:00 pm »

^I seriously doubt that you were the only, anyone with a deep emotional connection to him would have at least felt something. Of course, crushing can be part of that connection too, you got your eyes wet for your crush, I for mine Tongue, so we're both crazy fine Smiley

"It is better to live one hundred years in wealth than seven days in poverty." - Bob Rock
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #183 on: Oct 29, 2008 04:45 pm »

Was I the only one who was excessively tearbending at the part when Zuko was shot with lightning?
Weird. I was laughing when he was like... 'noooooo' and fell to the ground. Then I started complaining.......
Then I made fun of Katara's expression this one:

Of course, crushing can be part of that connection too, you got your eyes wet for your crush, I for mine Tongue, so we're both crazy fine Smiley
Well to me, I consider tham drawings, and complained when Aang got hurt. Tongue
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #184 on: Oct 29, 2008 05:00 pm »

Well to me, I consider them drawings, and complained when Aang got hurt. Tongue

Yes, they are all drawings but I don't consider them just drawings.

Aang10008
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #185 on: Nov 23, 2008 09:14 am »

I've seen every episode except this one. Tell me how it is and what its about please!!! Grin
Azula Fan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #186 on: Nov 23, 2008 04:54 pm »

The whole movie disappointed me i hated it, I woumd give this 2/10.
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #187 on: Nov 23, 2008 05:10 pm »

^ I gave it a 4/10.
I hated the most of Azula ends just there. Otherthan that, great episode. Azula is my favorite character, 6 points on her, gone.
jsheth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Till All Are One!!!!!

« Reply #188 on: Nov 23, 2008 10:43 pm »

Why all the finale hate just for Azula?
She got sent to a mental institution where she can MAYBE redeem herself or atleast go back to being somewhat sane
10/10 for me

credit to arasam22for the sig
MeiMeiLee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

*You'll Never Walk Alone*

« Reply #189 on: Dec 10, 2008 02:22 pm »

Hmmm, strangely enough, I LIKED the episode because of the CRAZULA!!!! 10/10! No! 100000/10! The Agni Kai that was always meant to be finally happened!

Keeper of Chibi Zuko's "I'm neither cute nor tiny"
Ragamuffin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Wakfan

« Reply #190 on: Dec 18, 2008 02:28 pm »

Azula in this episode reminded me of this.
KataraTheWaterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #191 on: Dec 19, 2008 05:12 pm »

Hmmm, strangely enough, I LIKED the episode because of the CRAZULA!!!!

Ditto that. I'm only an Azula fan now BECAUSE of Crazula in the finale. The fact that she actually HAS a conscience, that there's more to her than just her evil, manipulative, heartless side, that she actually HAS a heart (however small or broken it may be), gave a depth to her character that I really liked. So I gave this episode a 10/10 for the Agni Kai, Crazula, and the start of Aang and Ozai's battle. It was all awesome. <3

Keeper of Aang's love for Katara, Katara's beauty, Maiko, and Azula's possible redemption
Trystiquem
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #192 on: Dec 31, 2008 01:48 am »

0/10 ... Crazula.. WTF

The Great
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #193 on: Jan 02, 2009 07:00 am »

So I gave this episode a 10/10 for the Agni Kai, Crazula, and the start of Aang and Ozai's battle. It was all awesome. <3

Yeah, those were some of the best moments of the whole finale, in addition to the beach lulz in the beginning, the Iroh and Zuko reunion and almost every appearance of Ozai. No matter how idiotic I find him and his plans I still find him awesome on screen.

And Azula was pretty badass and sexy despite (or maybe because) of her crazy <3 ... yeah, and I loved seeing her get chained up by another hot girl, that was sexy Grin

And yes, the character depth, without that in the finale, hardcore Azula fans couldn't complain about her "unfair" treatment, oddly. Think about it.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #194 on: Jan 02, 2009 07:33 pm »

Isn't this the episode where Ozai burns off most of his clothing?  That just cracks me up for some reason.   Ha, ha, ha....why untie when I can just burn off my now cumbersome clothing? 

The Agni Kai is truly beautiful and heartbreaking.  It really makes the episode.
Master_Waterbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Waterbending The Art of Beauty, Power, and Healing

15 Dan+Ariel
« Reply #195 on: Jan 29, 2009 09:53 pm »

This is definitely the best episode of the finale. What with all the build up, the attack of the Order of The White Lotus, Super Iroh, Super Pakku, Super Jeong Jeong, and Super Piandao, the amazing Agni Kai, and the unsteady fight between the Avatar and the Firelord, this episode is dynamic in the least. I think my favorite part is the insecurity of victory, how that with such suspense, the segment ends on an foreboding note, portending doom upon the protagonists.

This type of ending unsettles you as the viewer, and then it makes the struggle in the next episode that much more gripping and powerful and deadly. When they finally prevail, the underdogs, it makes the victory that much more satisfying, and the fruition of the tale that much more real. The instant peace is so halcyon and total its amazing, and yet believable because of that last epic battle.

Keeper of: Pakku's NWT Catamaran For His Southward Journey, Pakku's Amazing Water Spout, The Accepted Betrothal Necklace Pakku Gave to Kanna.
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #196 on: Jan 30, 2009 04:36 am »

You know, I really admire your eloquence even though I rarely share your passion Tongue

HaitianPrincess
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The resident smart-aleck

« Reply #197 on: Jan 30, 2009 12:23 pm »

This episode doesn't deserve less than a 9. The Agni Kai between Zuko and Azula was truly a win. The battle between Ozai and Aang was awesome as well. Brilliant episode!

Am I the only person who thinks Firelord Ozai is smoking hot? Wink Pun entirely intended. Cheesy
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #198 on: Jan 30, 2009 01:45 pm »

Well, I suppose he is hot physically(look at his kids).  But his less than charming personality is just a bit distracting.
HaitianPrincess
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The resident smart-aleck

« Reply #199 on: Jan 30, 2009 01:50 pm »

Well, I suppose he is hot physically(look at his kids).  But his less than charming personality is just a bit distracting.

Good point. But in a way his personality is intisive (determination, drive, and very will strong) but that's where it stops.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: