May 27, 2017 06:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 344 (91%)
9 - 26 (6.9%)
8 - 7 (1.9%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [320] Into The Inferno  (Read 29166 times)
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #200 on: Jan 30, 2009 09:54 pm »

Yeah, I'll give him those qualities but still....ugh!
Chillex
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #201 on: Feb 01, 2009 01:33 am »

This episode is great, Though Azula kinda frightens me because she goes a little out of whack (meaning going crazy/nuts while the Agni Kai with Zuko), No offense though. Cheesy

Hello There.
No1 Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #202 on: Jun 04, 2009 01:55 am »

I just finished watching this episode and I got to say Azula still creeps me out.  Just the way she was standing at the beginning of the Agni Kai just sent shivers down my spine.  It seemed to me that Aang wasn't really trying to give his all in the fight with Ozai, but that might just be me.  The fight still was pretty intense.  I felt so bad for Zuko when he took that lightning attack from Azula. Poor Zuko! Sad

There is one thing that I didn't quite understand though.  Where did Pakku get all that water?  I don't recall BSS being anywhere near a large area of water.

Was it just me or did Toph appear taller when she was fighting in her metal suit?  But that part was totally awesome.  She pwns those firebenders  Grin

The birthday sequence was pretty funny too! Smiley

When Azula was telling the Dai Lee that an assassin could take her away in the few mintues she was alone, I was like, 'Yeah right, you'd be able to handle him blind-folded.'  Although she did make a good point about them never betraying her, even though they did with Long Feng.  I couldn't help but laugh at the Li and Lo section.  I think the best part was:
 "Lo you're banished.  Li you can stay."
"But I'm Li so who's banished?"
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:45 am by No1 Airbender » Logged

BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #203 on: Jun 13, 2009 10:26 pm »

I just finished watching this episode and I got to say Azula still creeps me out.  Just the way she was standing at the beginning of the Agni Kai just sent shivers down my spine.  It seemed to me that Aang wasn't really trying to give his all in the fight with Ozai, but that might just be me.  The fight still was pretty intense.  I felt so bad for Zuko when he took that lightning attack from Azula. Poor Zuko! Sad

There is one thing that I didn't quite understand though.  Where did Pakku get all that water?  I don't recall BSS being anywhere near a large area of water.

Was it just me or did Toph appear taller when she was fighting in her metal suit?  But that part was totally awesome.  She pwns those firebenders  Grin

The birthday sequence was pretty funny too! Smiley

When Azula was telling the Dai Lee that an assassin could take her away in the few mintues she was alone, I was like, 'Yeah right, you'd be able to handle him blind-folded.'  Although she did make a good point about them never betraying her, even though they did with Long Feng.  I couldn't help but laugh at the Li and Lo section.  I think the best part was:
 "Lo you're banished.  Li you can stay."
"But I'm Li so who's banished?"

Actually, remember in Tales of Ba Sing Se for Aang's Tale. Remember when he made that giant zoo just outside the wall with Earthbending on his air scooter and he then made a artificial lake. Well, I suppose Pakku could have skated on a wave of the lake to the wall and then went from there.

It wasn't just you with that fight with Aang and Ozai. I got that feeling too. Aang was definitely holding back and just dishing out blows just to dish them out. However, Aang learned all too quickly this isn't some sabertooth moose lion or Zhao. Just because Aang wasn't a little bit more aggressive and offensive, it got so bad that he had to run away and hide under a rock.

If Toph or Zuko had been there, especially Toph, they would've been ashamed and furious. Heck, Katara would've been pissed. Aang would've ended up having the rest of Team Avatar and Ozai at him.

If I was Aang's mentor and I watched this fight, I don't know what I would've done.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #204 on: Jun 14, 2009 06:22 am »

^You can teach a person to use a gun but whether he or she will be able to pull the trigger on a person when business gets serious is a matter you have no control over.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Zukotard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

TenzinxLoopies. The next Kataang. Look for it.

« Reply #205 on: Aug 09, 2009 02:23 pm »

Hey this is something I've been thinking about for some time: In this episode, well at least it's either this episode or the one before it, Ozai says something like, "It's time for this world to end in fire." Did the creators make him say that on purpose as some sort of Biblical reference? As many people know, in the Bible, specifically in the Book of Revelation, it is said that as the world ended once in water, it will end once more in fire. That's why people always think the end of the world will be from a nuclear catastrophe, global warming, death of the sun etc. You get my point. So did they make Ozai say that on purpose to cite a biblical prophecy? And ultimately, is that how they figured out which nation was going to be the evil ones? I know that fire is related with destruction and such, so obviously they would be the prime nation to make evil but still, I wonder if the biblical reference made them choose the Fire Nation.

(I'm not a Jesus Freak, I was just watching the film Knowing and they said something about the Bible stating the world would end in fire and I immediately thought of Avatar and the Fire Nation.)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 02:27 pm by Zukotard » Logged

Keeper of Zuko's unintentional humor,  Sokka's Sneak Attacks, and Azula's Mirror Breaking in 320. Sig created by the talented Beautybutterflyspirit.
7/1/10-the worst day ever
7/22/10- best day eve
Ajmooch
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #206 on: Aug 09, 2009 02:34 pm »

Hey this is something I've been thinking about for some time: In this episode, well at least it's either this episode or the one before it, Ozai says something like, "It's time for this world to end in fire." Did the creators make him say that on purpose as some sort of Biblical reference? As many people know, in the Bible, specifically in the Book of Revelation, it is said that as the world ended once in water, it will end once more in fire. That's why people always think the end of the world will be from a nuclear catastrophe, global warming, death of the sun etc. You get my point. So did they make Ozai say that on purpose to cite a biblical prophecy? And ultimately, is that how they figured out which nation was going to be the evil ones? I know that fire is related with destruction and such, so obviously they would be the prime nation to make evil but still, I wonder if the biblical reference made them choose the Fire Nation.

(I'm not a Jesus Freak, I was just watching the film Knowing and they said something about the Bible stating the world would end in fire and I immediately thought of Avatar and the Fire Nation.)

I doubt it, if for no other reason than that the show is almost entirely influenced by Eastern civilization and Christianity is almost exclusively Western (I. E. European). I think it was more of a random little tidbit meant to demonstrate Ozai's evil and to send chills down the viewer's spine. What's more, unless you're a christian you probably wouldn't even think of that as biblical (I'm not religious and I've never thought of any nuclear holocaust scenarios as having anything to do with the bible, and I don't think that people see those kinds of things as Deus Ex Machinae, but rather as humanity's own doing, et cetera)
Zukotard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

TenzinxLoopies. The next Kataang. Look for it.

« Reply #207 on: Oct 26, 2009 07:56 pm »

I doubt it, if for no other reason than that the show is almost entirely influenced by Eastern civilization and Christianity is almost exclusively Western (I. E. European). I think it was more of a random little tidbit meant to demonstrate Ozai's evil and to send chills down the viewer's spine. What's more, unless you're a christian you probably wouldn't even think of that as biblical (I'm not religious and I've never thought of any nuclear holocaust scenarios as having anything to do with the bible, and I don't think that people see those kinds of things as Deus Ex Machinae, but rather as humanity's own doing, et cetera)

Good point, Ajmooch. IDK...it was just something I noticed.

Keeper of Zuko's unintentional humor,  Sokka's Sneak Attacks, and Azula's Mirror Breaking in 320. Sig created by the talented Beautybutterflyspirit.
7/1/10-the worst day ever
7/22/10- best day eve
Lord Enlil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #208 on: Oct 28, 2009 12:54 pm »

It could also be a reference to the Sumerians, specificly to the god Ea. He saved man before by telling the biblical Noah to build the arc and save them from a flood.

He was also the cause of Sumeria's downfall by fire. "The world will end in fire" could be Sumerian, cause in Ea's war against his eldest son Marduk, Nergal, also a son of Ea, asked if they could use their weapon of mass destruction to stop Marduk's advance into the Sinai, or as the Gods called it "the nutral zone" were no son of Ea and his brother Enlil were to stake their claim.

Ea agreed and the two towns that blocked Marduk's advance, the biblical Sodom and Gomorah, were destroyed by fire (Ea's weapons of mass destruction). This though caused the Pazuzu or "Evil Wind" to blow into Sumeria and poisoned the people, water, crops and animals ending their civilization.
nat2656
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #209 on: Apr 16, 2010 09:32 pm »

Good episode, Azula deserved her sanity.
SHE KILLED AANG AND THERE WOULD'VE BEEN TO WORLD TO SAVE IF KATARA HADN'T HEALED HIM! THAT MAKES ME NOT LIKE HER! HOW COULD SHE DO THAT?
They should make a discussion for the last part Avatar Aang.
What happened to Toph at the end? Does her parents finally understand her? I really hope so, because that was never answered.
Also, what happened to Zuko's mother?

You're so beautiful
The brightest star in the sky
Our bonds transcends worlds

You belong with me
We soar through heights others can't
No one will doubt us.
Flame Champion Zhuge
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Eat your own sh*t!

« Reply #210 on: Apr 16, 2010 09:53 pm »

i wonder why Zuko cannot do blue fire?

btw, if it goes ..

Fire bending > Blue fire > Lighting

then Zuko is 2 level lower than Azula?
but he could stand against her.
what if they are in the same level?

"Why am I so bad at being good?"

Iroh : "No... she's crazy. and she needs to go down"
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #211 on: Apr 20, 2010 04:38 pm »

^I'm pretty sure it doesn't works that way.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #212 on: Apr 20, 2010 08:28 pm »

Azula worked hard to fashion herself into a cold-hearted, manipulative force not to be trifled with. Blue flames (which are deadlier than regular flame) fits into her persona perfectly. As for Zuko's performance, I was expecting him to surprise Azula with the tricks Ran and Shao showed him and Aang. (On the other hand, illustrating a..."flaming rainbow" in a battle with Azula seems...."hippy." Why, imagine a leprechaun burnt to a crisp because he mistook Zuko's show as a rainbow and decided to appear right in the middle of their fight to hide his ol' pot o' gold).
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010 11:36 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Flame Champion Zhuge
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Eat your own sh*t!

« Reply #213 on: Apr 21, 2010 02:12 am »

^I'm pretty sure it doesn't works that way.

then how?

"Why am I so bad at being good?"

Iroh : "No... she's crazy. and she needs to go down"
Mr_Beale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #214 on: Sep 05, 2010 07:39 pm »

My favorite episode in the series. The battle between Zuko and Azula is absolutely riveting.
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #215 on: Oct 16, 2010 01:53 pm »

My favorite episode in the series. The battle between Zuko and Azula is absolutely riveting.
Yes it really brings that out. Really good episode.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #216 on: Oct 21, 2010 04:44 pm »

Best action scenes by far. Metal toph, ozai's power, zuko vs. azula, jeong jeong pawning all in the air, iroh's wall break, and piandao on ice were the best in the series. Pakku was disappointing though i expected more from him.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2010 04:52 pm by Nastalgic99 » Logged

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #217 on: Dec 30, 2010 05:23 am »

I have to agree. Pakku didn't really do anything in this episode- he tried to block an attack, got his water dissipated and got his behind saved by Jeong Jeong.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #218 on: Dec 30, 2010 07:25 am »

Yeah i have to agree pakku was awful, iroh was a disappointing, piandao needed more screentime, bumi and jeong scenes show how moronic the fire nation soldiers are.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
storytime7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #219 on: Jan 01, 2011 05:02 pm »

I really like this episode, it's one of my favorites. 10/10
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #220 on: Mar 04, 2011 03:29 pm »

Along with Avatar Aang, the best episode of  the series. What date does the comet arrive? The eclipse was August 1st, so I'm guessing early September?

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
WaterDragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #221 on: Mar 04, 2011 04:27 pm »

Yeah, that would be about right, since the Comet was said, by Ruko in 108: Avatar Roku, to come at summer's end. Early-mid September is the end of summer.
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #222 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm »

I gotta say, my favorite part is Azula going insane (although, I can see her starting to crack at the beginning of Southern Raiders) and when she talks to her mom. If I remember the commentary correctly, M&B were trying to leave it up in the air as to whether or not the appearance of Ursa was a spirit or in Azula's mind.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #223 on: Mar 24, 2011 11:01 pm »

^I actually pitied her. This show MESMERIZED me, especially the women's roles, so forgive me when I say I hope she found some inner peace in the Avatarverse.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011 11:22 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #224 on: Mar 24, 2011 11:10 pm »

^Oh no doubt, it was sad. I felt sorry for her too. I just found that to be an interesting route for M&B to take. I never saw it coming. Plus, I'm a sucker for stories about mental illness. I find them extremely fascinating. One thing I wonder is if an 11-year-old can understand the concept of someone going insane or if that's a bit too mature for them to understand how extremely sad a fate like that is.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: