Oct 21, 2017 04:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 253 (78.1%)
9 - 49 (15.1%)
8 - 15 (4.6%)
7 - 5 (1.5%)
6 - 1 (0.3%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 316

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [319] The Old Masters  (Read 31762 times)
ChibiChibiBear
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You gotta deal with it.

« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:05 pm »

This episode was amazing!! I loved seeing everyone again, I just kept pointing and making noises like "Ahm BUMI!!!!" "eh,,,ah,,,PAKKU!!!! JEONG JEONG.." You get it...

The Lion Turtle was odd...I knew the island was floating though!!!! Can't believe it was a gigantic Lion turtle though..kinda odd. I also had issues understanding him. And qhen the glowing started...WEIRD! But at least it was explained!

Keeper of: Zuko's hatred of peasant life, Jet and Zuko's teamwork, Jet's obsession with Zuko, and the ship of Jetko!
Master of: Broadswords, hookswords, and
kenb215
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:18 pm »

What the Lion Turtle said:

The Old Masters (initial speech):

The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harm.
Since beginningless time darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying right.

The Old Masters (when dropping Aang off):

...Wait for him. He will come.

Avatar Aang (when Aang grabs the trapped Ozai):
In the era before the Avatar we bent not the elements but the energy within ourselves.

Avatar Aang (during the spirit-bending):
To bend another's energy your own spirit must be unbendable or you will be corrupted and destroyed.
PeeTearGriffen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:25 pm »

Since beginningless time darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying right.

In the era before the Avatar we bent not the elements but the energy within ourselves.

To bend another's energy your own spirit must be unbendable or you will be corrupted and destroyed.

is that what the turtle said...kinda hard to understand with the music goin in the background. thx for makin that clear. and ya that was one gigantic turtle. liked the way they drew it
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:26 pm »

The key part for me was the Iroh and Zuko reunion. I didn't cry when I saw it but now seeing it again, I have to tear up. That was very heartwarming and just hearing Zuko cry was heartbreaking. I knew Iroh would forgive him. Dante Basco did an excellent job.

The LionTurtle part was HARD to hear. I didn't understand a word he said. But now I do. I liked it though. Something that has lived before bending began is very interesting!
---
This episode was very good! I give it a 10/10.

Malia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'd rather eat garbage lettuce than a dead body.

« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:29 pm »

"All old people know each other." Though it was only the ones that were former masters of the gaang. They're the only awesome ones, I guess. Cheesy

you're the greatest Avatard I know.

^ -tearbend- <3
soul reaper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:34 pm »

My list of awesome super rememberable stuff on the show:

5) TOPH totally likes older guys doesn't she? Yeah, with the whole taking a life- changing field trip with Zuko! And Zuko was blushing- aww!  Kiss
6) Zuko looked bored though while they were talking- too bad!  Roll Eyes

7) Aang disappeared!  Shocked
Cool Jun! She's awesome! I knew she was going to kid around with Zuko and Katara!  Cheesy
9) How did Zuko know where to find her? (He must be secretly seeing her!)  Shocked
10) Nyla and Appa 4ever!! Best couple on the show!  Cheesy Kiss
11) Good old days comment from Zuko was funny!
12) Katara and Zuko were sleeping next to each other on Appa!!  Shocked (naughty)

13) All the old people!! YAY!
14) DUDE! Grandfather Pakku?! When did this happen? That was a surprise!!  Shocked
15) King Bumi is stupid/crazy/funny!!
16) ok, when King Bumi was talking on how he took his city back, the sound cut off for like a sec- was that just my tv?
17) I agree with what Avatar Yangchen said to Aang.
18) Zuko and Iroh reunite and of course I start crying my eyes out! It was the sweetest moment in the entire show!  :'(

ThePaintedLady
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:47 pm »

Thank you!!!!

Tokka and Jinko. They live on in my heart. <3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by nonamk, resized by me.

« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:49 pm »

ZOMG, IROH IS BACK!!! and he brought reinforcements.  Piandao is with him!!!

ULG,KLF

Sig by me. Brushes by Stephanie. my dA
I keep Kakashi's Anbu mask. Kakashi's sword & sweet lips.
Firelord Dee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:49 pm »

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or does Avatar Kuruk look exactly like Hakoda....a possible Ancestor of his ? That would greatly explain why Katara developed into such a powerful waterbender in a short span of time.  
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:50 pm »

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or does Avatar Kuruk look exactly like Hakoda....a possible Ancestor of his ? That would greatly explain why Katara developed into such a powerful waterbender in a short span of time. 

That would be AWESOME! I like that theory.

The Blue Spirit 2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Fist Shaker.

« Reply #35 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:51 pm »

WHITE LOTUS FTW

IROH + ZUKO FTW

LION TURTLE FTW

ALL time favorite episode

Christine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jul 19, 2008 11:52 pm »

HOLY FRICKIN SNAPMONKEYS! AHHH
IT'S THE WHITE LOTUS SOCIETY.
dang. that's awesome :3
OMIJEEZ. GRANDPA PAKKU?
YAAY Bumi is back ^_^ I'm super happy~
My dad was super right about the White Lotus Society.
heck yess! Go Bumi. He is a super cool mad genius.
Welcome to old people camp x]
AWWW. I cried when Zuko was apologizing. Poor Zuko.
It really hurts. Zuko felt so horrible about hurting his uncle.
YAAY UNCLE IROH AND ZUKO Cheesy
Aww.. Zuko asked Katara to help him beat Azula :3 exciting~
Amazing Shocked A lion turtle :3 and it can talk Shocked Very wise.
VoodooWeasel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Jul 20, 2008 12:17 am »

I feel like an old wrung out dish-rag after seeing all four eps, but I wanted to go back to this first. I'm a tough girl... I almost ALMOST cried at the Zuko/Iroh reunion. Me. Crying for a cartoon.

I'm in awe on the way it was handled. It was perfect.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
- Douglas Adams

My fanfiction
SweetTooth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jul 20, 2008 12:28 am »

holy FEATHERMONKEYS!!!!!!!

i went through every sinlge emotion the gaang went thruogh while watching but i was crying buckets when zuko was apologizing, you could feel his emotion sooo well but i could not help but laugh when zuko walked when and saw iroh snoring, it was good to see good ol' iroh like his funny self Grin, then i cry everytime its the end i dont why i cant help it

but I CANT SLEEP I DONT WANT AVATAR TO BE OVER!!!! :'(
i already watched it two times and i cant get enough, i need more closure so many answers need to be filled
Liliedhe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Memoirs of a tiny alien robot geisha.

« Reply #39 on: Jul 20, 2008 01:17 am »

So, next episode *is trying to sort through her thoughts*

Still somewhat paced - good. The Order of the White Lotus, the return of all the old masters, the Lion Turtle from the Library... Finally, all the carefully laid strings come together and form a magnificent tapestry. I'm a big Babylon 5 fan and one thing that is always present in any review of that series is "NOTHING IS UNIMPORTANT". With the rocky road that series went, it's not true. There are plotlines that disintegrate and things that just disappear or come out of nowhere. On Avatar it's true. Nothing gets lost. Everything comes back, gets mirrored, gets looked back to, or foreshadowed.

Things are built up for a long time, and when they pay off, it's amazing. A work of art, indeed.

But one thing is the jewel of this episode, that shines: the reunion of Iroh and Zuko. I did not cry, because I was too stunned. I want to cry now, thinking back. From Zuko getting the jitters in front of the tent, to sitting down and just waiting patiently for Iroh to awaken, no matter how anxious he must be... To Iroh just hugging his nephew and holding him like there's no tomorrow (and there might well be...). I don't think I have ever seen such a to the point portrayal of what love is. For three seasons we have seen them go through thick and thin, through high and low points, we have cheered, we have sniffled, we have cringed... And hoped. For Zuko to finally come to his senses and see what he really has. What is really important. And now, he has. If there is one thing in this show, one moment I will treasure beyond all others, it is this.

And in comparison, the rest of this episode, as satisfying, as amazing, as cute (Toph and field trips *lol*) it was, pales.
10/10 as if there could ever have been any doubt.

dianam41
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko by Konietzko

« Reply #40 on: Jul 20, 2008 01:45 am »

I found Jeong Jeong's voice - weird.  it didn't sound the same as it did in The Deserter.

For anyone who had trouble understanding the Lion Turtle - close captioning!

Also, I wondered what happened to Mai's family after the liberation of Omashu...
Illmatic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Know what I like about Appa? His sense of humour!

« Reply #41 on: Jul 20, 2008 03:13 am »

Bumi: All old people know eachother, didn't you know that?

HAHA!

PeeTearGriffen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jul 20, 2008 04:23 am »

Zuko and Iroh scene was the best part outta the whole episode...it just bring a tear to ur eye
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #43 on: Jul 20, 2008 04:33 am »

This episode had some seriously awesome comebacks.

We already saw Jun in episode 318, but we saw her Shirshu too in this episode. And its name is Nyla! It's a girl shirshu!

Jeong Jeong, Pakku, Piandao and Bumi, all being members of the White Lotus? Awesometastic Grin  I love that they all came back. And Bumi's tale of how he took back Omashu was awesome. And PAKKU MARRIED GRAN GRAN?! OMG that made me squeal SO MUCH when he said that! Cheesy

I love how Aang called on his past lives for advice. It was funny how it seemed like Momo was afraid of Avatar Kyoshi when Aang called on her. It was even funnier though when, after talking to Kyoshi, Aang sighs heavy and says "I *knew* I shouldn't have asked Kyoshi!", hee hee!

And then, of course, there's the IROH-ZUKO REUNION!! The hug, the tears, the emotion. Oh my. Everything was perfect! And it's about time too!

The giant talking lion-turtle island was kinda freaky, and I didn't quite understand what he said. At least I'd read the book and I knew what its words were, because otherwise I'd be sitting here scratching my head wondering what he said.

Awesome episode Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #44 on: Jul 20, 2008 06:42 am »

Ooo, I love the wisdom of the lion turtle here. Those quotes can really be applied to real life. It's so believable and realistic.

And epic comebacks of the various cool old men! Their presence on the screen just paves way for something really awesome to come.

Iroh and Zuko's reunion. Just wow. I love their understanding and undying love between each other. So emotional, so wonderful, so calming.

This episode really really preps us up to the Grand Finale. I'm so full of adrenaline rush when I watched this again just a few moments ago. I can feel my heart pounding in myself. Now which cartoon can make someone feel like this everytime even though they've seen this episode before?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
KataraTheWaterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jul 20, 2008 07:24 am »

This episode is now one of my favorites, if for no other reason except the Zuko/Iroh reunion. Everything else was awesome too, and I loved every minute of it, but that scene was just so beautiful and touching. I love episodes and scenes that are so moving that can make me cry, and this scene certainly did. Dante and Greg were excellent in this scene.

I give this episode a ten, definitely.

Keeper of Aang's love for Katara, Katara's beauty, Maiko, and Azula's possible redemption
ld80061
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Jul 20, 2008 08:06 am »

Old friends, old masters, and a new and very mysterious lion turtle.  Put in ethical dilemnas, and it was a clear nine for me!
greenstarrz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jul 20, 2008 08:10 am »

Oops... looks like I posted about the lion-turtle on another thread. Tongue
He seems like a much godlier entity than any other spirit being we've seen. How does he come to know so much about innate energy and how to permanently disable a bender's ability? Huh
I just LOVE that this episode is dedicated to the OWL. Goes to show that Bumi CAN rock the boat harder than Toph <HA!>
Zuko & Iroh's emotional confrontation almost brought me to tears. So touching
Pakku, Jeong Jeong & Piandao's group effort in reclaiming Ba Sing Se blew me away. 
Aang consulting his past lives also enticed me. Kyoshi, in particular, for her straightforward answer which he perceived as ruthless and negatively saying something like "I knew I shouldn't have asked Kyoshi" Kuruk's love story was admirable but had nothing to do with Aang's struggle between taking away the life of a vile man or not.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 08:13 am by greenstarrz » Logged
amanbo13
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jul 20, 2008 08:20 am »

I have to say, when Zuko's voice choked when he was talking to his uncle,
I began crying!
It was so sweet and cute!

I can't help but crying myself when Zuko cries. HEHE

LOVE HIM!
crazy4purple23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Still fresh and juicy

« Reply #49 on: Jul 20, 2008 08:46 am »

Well, despite the fact that I was sort of looking forward to this one the most (OMG THE RETURN OF IROH), it was probably my least favorite out of the 4.  I mean, I loved it, just not as much as I loved the others.

Mostly, I was disappointed by how little the pat avatars seemed to help.  Aang is trying everything he can to find an alternate solution and the past avatars are like: oh, you have to kill him.  Sorry!  I was also disappointed about how we didn't really learn anything new about them.  Roku and Kyoshi just told us what we had already learned in previous episodes, Kuruk pretty much gave us a shortened version of his online story, and Yangchen didn't really anything about her actual life. 

The other Old Masters were nice to see.  Bumi taking back Omashu was sick.  I wonder if Mai's parents got out okay.....  and OMG PAKKANA.  That was sweet.  And Pakku's "no." to Sokka, was perfect.

This episode was the only one that made me tear up a bit.  As soon as Zuko's voice started like cracking, my eyes started completely watering.  It was so touching, and sweet and EXACTLY what I was waiting for for so long that I just got so emotional...I wasn't outright crying (I'm not really the crying type), but I was pretty close. 

And I couldn't really understand the Lion Turtle thing.  That part was kind of iffy for me. 

OMG, thank you!  I couldn't understand him like at all XD

Keeper of Aang's Zuko-ish quote, Toph's *purple* tongue
Aang's *purple* visions of Katara & EIP!Uncle's treachery quote
My fic :]
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: